Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Potions I ~ Introduction activity (Sept 2059) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:54 pm
User Image
✵ Nic ✵ Nicholas Hue Hayward-Ye ✵
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx
------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Nic almost felt bad for criticizing when Su responded that pondering about pumpkin pie cannibalism was what was keeping her calm. He glanced up from the book as he flipped to a page citing pumpkins which turned out to be just an ingredient in a potion. "Esoterically... that's a word. Someone paid attention in reading class," Nic muttered as he continued flipping through his book. When Su mentioned her glasses, Nic studied her. He could sort of make them out - "They're sorta engraved in the pum-I mean your face. If it doesn't hurt I'm sure it's not a problem and will show up normal when we fix the pumpkin problem."

He ducked back into looking through the book when he came to the Pompion Potion. "Pompion potion? What sicko makes a potion that turns someone head into a pumpkin?!" He looked to the Su, "Well the bad news is your head is stuck like that for a bit according to the book. The good news is it is not permanent. You still should sue the crazy bat for giving us that... I mean if that is possible? I'm not quite sure how wizards do law."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
                                                Ah, but this nose doesn’t need to poke too far
                                                To see that behind that distrustful warning
                                                You’d do quite well in

Gryffindor!
                                                {OoC: }
                                                Yukina101

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:36 pm

User Image✽❃
VERINE YSEULT WINCHESTER

57 years || Ravenclaw alumna || halfblood
Potioneer and Potions Professor

As usual, once she set the students to a task, Verine herself began wandering about the classroom, listening to the young students’ introductions and observations. She smiled as she wandered, stopping to chat if a student asked her something. Once people started getting to observations, she’d ask probing questions if students seemed to be skimping– what did they smell? Did it make any kind of sound? What was “weird” about the potion? Anything else?

She grinned when across the way, a pumpkin head appeared. The pumpkin head seemed to be wondering about pumpkin pie–delightful! Perhaps next year she would prepare a pumpkin pasty for whoever had the misfortune of being transformed into a pumpkin head for the hour.

They went on, describing associated feelings and noting it wasn’t uncomfortable at least, then asking about their glasses. Verine had just reached near them when the Gryffindor boy, frantically searching through the book, announced it was the Pompion Potion, and reported on both good and bad news. “Excellent deduction and observations! Five points each to Gryffindor and Hufflepuff, for going above and beyond. Unfortunately, the who of your question would be bullies.” She had to catch herself, about to discuss the legend. “If you are curious, look up the sad tale of Pumpkin Johnny. As for your suit, I would speak to Amanda, err...Professor Davis? Ah, but for now, please don’t forget to record your observations.”

setting Potions Classroom, First day of class (Monday) in September 2058 || with First years
appearance 5'7", slender || wearing something from her closet
status Hopefully this is fun!

Yukina101

kiska166

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace
Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal
✽❃
"The Voice" by Celtic Woman

addaellis

addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:12 am

User Image✽❃
VERINE YSEULT WINCHESTER

59 years || Ravenclaw alumna || halfblood
Potioneer and Potions Professor

“Good morning!” Verine waved as the first years started poking around on the Monday classes started. “Bags in the back please! All you need today is your quill and some parchment!”

After giving the students some extra time to find the room, Verine stood up to greet the new batch of students. Before each student was a small setup: a potions vial with a marked number and a small clear cup with a line marked on it.

”Welcome to Hogwarts! Here is where you will develop your magical skills, and here in particular is where you’ll learn to brew and bottle magic into potions, drawing upon magical properties in herbs and parts of magical creatures to create magical effects. My name is Verine Winchester– Professor Verine, Professor Winchester–whatever is fine! I will be your potions instructor for the first three years. Now, I’m sure that you’ll have plenty of time today to do proper introductions and get to know your peers and professors, so I had a fun idea for this morning:

“First, introduce yourself to the person next to you! Chat a little bit about yourselves: What’s their name? What house are you in? What classes are you looking forward to? What’s their favorite color? That kind of thing.”

Verine picked her wand up and tapped a piece of chalk sitting in a basket by the chalkboard: the chalk flew up to write a few notes on the board as she continued introducing the activity:

“Then, when you’re ready, take a gander at the potion in front of you. Observe the potion. What does it look like? What color is it? What does it smell like?” she demonstrated a gentle wafting motion, but didn’t go all into the technique of that quite yet– they would get plenty of safety and technique training in the weeks to come, but for now she wanted to start them off excitedly. ”Then, pour yourself a small amount. Observe that it tastes like and then try to figure out what the potion’s effect is.

“Please be careful not to take too much! The line marked on the little clear up is the absolute maximum you should take. There is also water over here to wash down the taste if it’s not to…well, your taste.”
There would be no adverse effects from any of these potions, but downing potions recklessly was a poor habit to get them into. ”If anything comes up, or if there’s an accident, please don’t hesitate to call me over!”

”Board: Introduction to Potions and Observations”

1. Introduce yourselves
  2. Observe the potion
  3. Carefully taste a bit. What do you think the potion does? Why do you think such a potion would exist?
  4. Take notes, and turn in your observations by the end of class.

Potions available:
Highlight the white text next to them for what potion these are:

1.A /Volubilis potion: / Honey-yellow colored, smells sweet, and changes the drinker’s voice.
1.B /Fruit smoothie / Chunky texture and light maroon color, tastes like berries. Cools the throat and body.
1.C /Babbling Beverage/ Somewhere between red and yellow in color, smells like something playful, and causes the drinker to speak nonsense for a little bit.
1.D /Plum juice syrup Smooth, thick, richly purple potion that smells of chocolate and plums. Causes the drinker to be a little excited and warm. /
1.E /Pompion Potion/ Orange colored, smells like pumpkin, turns the drinker’s head into a pumpkin for a while
1.F /Laughing Potion (diluted)/ Pale with a very slight yellow tint. Odorless. Causes some giggling.
1.G /Jasmine Green tea/ Deep brown color, with a rich light and grassy smell and earthy tea. Calming effect, but not immediately discernible.
1.H /Hair-Raising Potion / Vivid green colored, odorless, and raises the hair up on end.
1.I /Estallos/ Stars in their Eyes (diluted)/ Deep blue color with shimmering bits of silver in it. Odorless, but tastes like something metallic. Shows the locations of where stars and planets would be like a transparency overlay in their eyes.

setting Potions Classroom, First day of class (Monday) in September 2058 || with First years
appearance 5'7", slender || wearing something from her closet
status Hopefully this is fun!

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace
Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal
✽❃
"The Voice" by Celtic Woman

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items