[PRP] Helping Hands [Zelaya/Tierth/L'ius]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:55 am
Helping with the Weyr's dragons' care was the prime chore assignment as far as most candidates were concerned. A chance to interact with the object of their dreams and desires, to share part of the daily life of being a rider, something they all hoped to experience some day... And it really was just more fun and interesting than scrubbing laundry or shoveling firestone, wasn't it?

Now that Mictecath had risen and been caught, it had become an even more sought-after assignment on the weekly lists, as the candidates' minds once more turned towards the coming future. Every few months, when a new clutch was laid, the cycle started anew and led to excitement and impatience. Zelaya had been tremblingly nervous for their first hatching, though they'd hidden it well... but by now they had become something of an old hand at it. And at helping oil dragons. Still, it was a nice little surprise to get to oil the dragon of someone they'd known in candidacy, and Zelaya, who was always prompt anyway, had been even quicker to get to work.

With soft oiling cloths in hand and work-clothes on (no point getting their gather best stained, of course), they rapped at the door to L'ius' weyr, then stepped back to wait to be let in. Today, Tierth was going to get quite the pampering!

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:12 pm
With Tierth being as friendly as he was L'ius was use to having a lot of different candidates come up to help when it came to oiling the blue. A few of them he had known when he was a candidate but when he had heard that Zelaya would be the one helping out on this day, there was excitement that L'ius had a very hard time separating if it was his excitement or Tierth's.

L'iusMine you seem jittery. Tierth was resting upon the stone bed in the weyr, shifting to help relieve a couple of itches as his whirling eyes watched the blond young man moving through the weyr. L'ius was picking up furs and tossing them back onto the bed as he had kicked them off during the night and hadn't bothered to put them back yet. "Just tidying up a bit." He paused then brushing his hand through his hair as he felt Tierth chuckle some. Zelaya is coming! I'm excited too but you do not need to clean. They will not care. Tierth shifted again on the stone bed as L'ius lifted a hand to scratch his arm some. "It isn't for them, I just thought I needed to clean up."

The knock on the door had L'ius turn as Tierth lifted his head and let out a welcoming croon. As L'ius was opening the door Tierth reached out to Zelaya and sent them a barrage of warmth. Zelaya! I am so glad you are here! I am always happy when we can see you!

For his part L'ius smiled and moved away so that Zelaya could enter. "Glad you are here to help. Tierth seems to prefer when you're the one able to."

ShinosBee

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:35 pm
There was a smile on their face when the door opened, and even though they were friends, Zelaya still shifted their supplies to one hand, using the other to grip their skirt as they bobbed in a full curtsy to the young rider and his eager blue. "Hello rider L'ius, blue Tierth," they were all respect for the duo, despite that L'ius had once been on the sands right beside them. It was an impossibility to even think of being otherwise... but the formal attitude didn't last long, melding into a still-polite-but-more-friendly demeanor as they entered the little weyr.

"I'm honored if he doesn't mind my helping; he's gotten so much larger from when he hatched." They smiled softly at the blue, feeling the warmth he was sending their way. "It's always good to see him, and you too of course, L'ius. It still feels like just the other day that you were in the barracks with us... maybe this next clutch will bring some luck. I might ask for your advice, if I'm so lucky as to be chosen." They talked as they went about getting ready, using a bit of thread to tie up their sleeves out of the way and setting down the bucket and oil. "I'm sure even with the practice at oiling and so on, I have a lot to learn. And you've done it all first-hand now..."

They dipped the soft cloths into the oil, looking up at Tierth for permission before touching. Just because he preferred their help to others' didn't give them the right to just go ahead with it and not be polite about it, after all. "How're you two getting on?" They asked, soft but intent. Thread was coming more frequently by the week, and they were only so many turns into the pass already... it would be getting more and more difficult for everyone. Still, they both seemed in fair spirits, and that put Zelaya's heart at ease. They wrung out the cloth of excess oil, eyes roving the blue's hide for any patches looking dry or in need of extra attention. "I feel like it's been a while... I should make time to visit even when I'm not on oiling rotation. It's good to see you both looking well."

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:31 pm
The respect that Zelaya showed as the door opened always took L'ius off guard a bit. He rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled at them, feeling a bit more at ease once they started to speak more. "He really has, though I'm really glad that he isn't as big as some other blues get. Perfect just the way he is of course." Tierth let out a happy rumble, not caring about the fact he was on the smaller side after all.

At the talk of the upcoming clutch Tierth's head lifted up as his attention perked. This action had L'ius laugh softly as he moved after Zelaya and over to where Tierth was still lounging. "Iweth catching Mictecath has Tierth really excited." As if to insinuate this fact Tierth let out another trill before lifting his head out and smelling Zelaya as they came over to him.

Zelaya will find hers in Iweth's clutch!

Smiling at this L'ius moved over and grabbed an extra rag to help with what Zelaya was doing. "It's crazy how quickly things change once your dragon finds you. Sweeping you off your feet." Running the cloth along Tierth, especially as he could feel certain spots that were really bothering him, L'ius turned his head to glance over at Zelaya again. "We've been good, lucky enough to not get any bad scars from Thread while fighting."

Tierth lounged happily as he kept whirling blue eyes on Zelaya. We get to be heroes! Tierth cannot wait until Zelaya finds theirs and joins them!

L'ius paused in what he was doing, watching his blue and smiling softly before his attention returned back to Zelaya once more. "I know we'd both enjoy that. Maybe if we have rest days at the same time we could all go somewhere, the beach or..." He trailed off not really knowing many places to go to. "If you want of course..."

ShinosBee

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:49 pm
If Zelaya noticed L'ius' nervousness, they didn't mention it. "All dragons are perfect to their riders," they mused, smiling up at Tierth's lovely side. "And in general, of course. So strong and brave, all of them." They dunked the rag into the bucket and began to gently slide it along the first rough patch of hide they spotted. "You really are lucky, L'ius. He's as perfect as they get, so mild and happy despite the work you do." They gave a little scratch to his side at the blue's trill. "Who could want for more with a partner like him?"

It still was a thrill to be spoken to by a dragon. Most were fairly close-minded, literally, only speaking to their riders and perhaps one or two favored folks. "Do you think so, Tierth?" They hummed briefly to themselves, pensive as they mulled the thought over, and thinking on what L'ius added. "It's hard to imagine it. I'd like to find my dragon, of course... but I will be alright if I don't, too. I'll still have you, won't I Tierth?" They beamed up at the blue, and then turned that smile on L'ius, giving him a small nod. "Keep that up, won't you? I don't want either of you to be hurt." It would happen, of course... but that didn't mean they wanted it to happen, if it could be helped.

"One day I would like that very much. It's why I came here. Why I left home. To be a rider, and fight thread. To do my part." They worked their way long the blue, oiling diligently and giving ample soothing pats and scratches. "It's frightening... but, it must be done. The Weyrs give Pern so much, the Holds so much. Giving my life in turn is the least I can do... But then, I suppose you both feel that way too, right?" Maybe this clutch they would find their partner after all. They were ready... well, they thought they were. And they had ample time yet to find theirs, so there was no fear of being inadequate in their heart. Yet, at least.

BastetAmun

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff