Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Rec Room (Renaissance Galaxy threads)
The Renaissance Galaxy - the place

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

On planet Hamster, I'd like to be from
  Hamster city - North
  Harvest Gardens - east
  Southtown - South
  The Orochi lands - west
  Not of that world
View Results

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:51 am
This Galaxy is actually comprised of many smaller galaxies and worlds into one large area of space. Game and anime creators give life to the creatures that live in these worlds.

Planets are named after the show they are from and are categorized by genre to which area they are in. Unlike Earth in the Milky way, the people of the Renaissance can travel freely throughout the galaxy hence the many crossovers you get to see on some games and in some shows. The movie Wreck it Ralph and Ralph Breaks the Internet gave some insight to what Ryu Hoshi does day in and day out and even though Ryu was born on July 21, 1964, that didn't change the fact that he strives to become a better martial artist.

One planet has a multitude of characters roaming through it. That is Planet Hamster. Because of its size and who founded it was the cause of the name. Not full of hamsters. There is another Planet Hamster in the animal kingdom that is full of hamsters however.

The Planet Hamster in the Renaissance consists of 5 main areas of note. In the next few posts, I will describe each one.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:02 am
Hamster City - North

This area is made up of one huge building in the shape of a shopping mall. The weather is not a factor here.

Elevators will take you to the residential part of the city or to the underground transportation terminal. There are no cars allowed within the mall. All cars must be stored in their capsules.

The commercial part of the city is on the main floor and the third floor is the studio and movie theatre. There is a generic medical section of the city for all the non-emergency medical procedures. This includes all mental therapies.

There is no smoking allowed anywhere within the mall and anyone caught doing so will be killed. It may seem like a harsh punishment, but we don't allow stupid behavior such as that on Planet Hamster in such a crowded place.

For a point of interest, Terry Bogard's mother lives in Hamster City as a toy shop owner. And she has every known toy imaginable. She makes a lot of money for her toys and they aren't all that expensive to buy either. She is just well stocked on them. Terry doesn't mention her to SNK because to be frank, he is embarrassed that she is a excuse the term... slut. His mom isn't the brightest when it comes to romancing.

There is also a library in Hamster City that has a variety of books too. All the perverts go to the adult section for their guilty pleasures.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:25 am
Harvest Gardens - east

This is where all the resources come from. From crops to minerals, this is the farming part of the country and this is also where all of the Harvest Moon based games come from and all farming related games are in "reality". Stardew Valley's farms are here and while many farms are in different stages, there is generation upon generation in this community.

L is currently working a farm called Hylian farm in Pelican town in this part of Planet Hamster. Oh and L is short for Link. Its what he prefers to be called and so he doesn't feel mixed up with my nephew who is also named Link. L is also experiencing the Skyward sword story so be on the look out for the thread about Skyward Sword HD.

Ochru Hiwatari also in this guild is living in Harvest Gardens, but he is in a place called Flower Bud Village. He married Ellen from Blue Sky Ranch and has a son named Hideki there. He used to live in Mineral town with his wife Harriet where they had a son named Keitaro, but Harriet died in the lava when there was a volcanic eruption in the original Bogard mansion.

L's spouse Ma' Gan also died in that volcanic eruption and it is one reason why L moved to Pelican town from his life in Hyrule. He can still make a good chicken soup and a good golden chuchu jelly sandwich.

Anyway, if you want to farm other than in the lounge's basement, these villages in the east is where you want to be,  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:05 am
Southtown - south

One of the most populated areas on the planet and is the closest thing to an earth city as you are going to get. Being a close representation to New York City, USA, this city has everything including the crime.

As a law, you must have some sort of self defense in order to live in Southtown because otherwise you risk your own life and it has been that way for a long long time.

It is tradition that once a year, a martial arts tournament is held called the King of fighters tournament in order to determine the city's mayor. Over half the time, I dunno who the mayor is because I don't know who wins the whole thing.

The transportation system is a mess so don't expect to know where you are going. You really need safety smarts if you are going to live here. Even I have had my close encounters with death here a few times. And there have been a few times where I got a new body in Southtown, but using the same chemical make up as what my old body has had. The only time will that ever be new is if I die of a sickness in that world.

Medical operations are the one thing that's nice in Southtown. It may be busy there, but there is lots of staff and the rooms are very personal as you can decorate it any way that you like save for not removing the needed medical equipment in there. The idea was that if you are going to have to be in the hospital, you might as well feel as comfortable as possible. Lots of teenagers will bring their video gaming consoles in there as well as pregnant people too. Some fighters will bring in the consoles if their bones aren't busted up too badly.

Education is another thing that Southtown has, but its not the most pleasant of places to be. You are there to learn and learn you will one way or another. And some curriculums change over time. Okay math might not change, but the other subjects do.

Terry and I used to be residents there, but we moved due to the volcanic eruption. Unless we are renting the apartments, then we won't be living in there.

Kyo Kusanagi lives in Southtown in a beach side cabin. (Must be nice) But, he tends to have a bit of an obsession with water.

Terry sometimes works at the docks in Southtown, which is a section of the beach that helps bring in some resources from the Gardens. And there is always the Pao Pao cafe where he does most of his drinking before a big fight at the tournament or when he is majorly depressed. He loves me enough to only casually drink at the lounge like one or two glasses worth of either whiskey or vodka and orange juice.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:50 am
The Orochi Lands - west

The landmark that you will see to know you are entering the western region of Planet Hamster is a huge authentic medieval looking castle complete with the dark horror movie lighting. It can have a romantic feel to it if you are into candle-light dinners and musky smells. There is a red carpeted area down the center that sort of looks like a highway. Here, you can view the odd freight train going by, at which time, each row leading to the tables will be gated with train gates and lights. No bells, just lights. It looks pretty when you see one going by and to boot, the cars are all graffitied with nice artwork. Not made by drunks but by artists. The cars are meant to be displayed as a part of an art show travelling the world. Its part of the touristy thing Planet hamster has.

On earth, the freight cars that have been artsied up were done by drunks and sometimes pose questionable choices.

Anyway, the other gimmick this castle has is access to the other worlds. So any other main-stream anime character or game character that you know of has to come through this steakhouse castle at least once. This includes our Octoling and Inkling friends from the Splatoon universe who are our hired artists. The game of splatoon may be sweaty as of late, but the characters themselves who the gamers portray really do know their stuff.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:27 am
The HFIL - Heneroshi's Island

This is where all the criminals go. Southtown may be bad, but this place is worse. And this is also where the dead go that have committed crimes while alive. There is a place where the good dead souls go, and that's the soul society on the Planet Shounen Jump. Characters like Ichigo Kurosaki and Kepachi Zaraki live here, on planet Shounen Jump. Plus, any character made by Shounen jump employees.

One unique thing about the Renaissance Galaxy is that its a spirit world. No being in that place can survive on Earth. Normally, the characters there contact someone from earth via some form of telepathy, whether it be from dreams or through audioless voicing.

I know the real Terry Bogard, more so than SNK does because Terry contacts me through the dream world. Its really cool. Physically, in the waking world, I can say that I am single. I only say that I am married because of my strong spiritual connection to the dream world.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Village Rec Room (Renaissance Galaxy threads)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games