Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Touching] Lure Them With Empty Hands [open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:25 pm
[ candidate ciraine ] - western weyr - she/her

The way the Teal and Blue Lightning Egg was feeling had certainly come to a head, and Ciraine is quietly mortified--she hadn't expected to screw this up this badly, but all she can do now is roll with it and hope for the best. In the half-moment where before her hand completely leaves the shell of the egg, her mind is awash in apologies and wordless reassurances she doesn't quite know what to do with; Kleoth had this more than handled, however, and she didn't need to get in the way on top of it. She'd just--come back to check on this egg later, hopefully.

Still, she sticks somewhat close by, turning toward the Purple and Orange Dapple Egg instead. CIraine bit her lip in quiet worry, hesitating just long enough for her to remember to clear her thoughts before she touched the egg properly.
Hello--? She wanted to do right by this egg, even if she was still nervous. Ciraine takes a deep breath, letting it out slowly as she tried to come up with more to say. I'm glad to meet you, even if it's not quite face to face yet. Has--everything gone well so far?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:26 pm

Teal Rosette Egg
The little egg would consider Matotoka's reply before giving the equivalent of a squeeze. I understand... but if you don't carry it, maybe, just maybe, you can put it down and let it go. Not everything must be shouldered by you and you alone, strong though you might be. I hope, for your sake, darling, that you can lean on others. You can always lean on this egg, and some of its eggmates, surely. The egg would send Matotoka another wave of pleasure, hoping to lift the others spirits--just in case he might, somewhere, need a little boost.

Everyone did, after all.

To Tihrokat, Teal Rosette was having a far more bubbly conversation. The stories and thoughts and adventures of the other were fascinating, and this egg couldn't wait to tell its eggmates about such grand adventures. But when Nemeryn came around, well, if an egg could giggle, this one would be doing so, though it isn't out of maliciousness. It was simply sharing a secret with the pirate-turned-Candidate and the fact Nemeryn was RIGHT THERE was difficult to keep bottled up alone.

Surely, the egg's new friend would understand.

That's the one! Right there! Surely, someone as clever and keen as Tihrokath knew--but the egg wanted to make sure! New boyfriends, torrid love affair, star-crossed lovers... It could be any reason for being so secret!

The egg did give a little wiggle in excitement, something all three boys could feel.

demon_pachabel

Meepfur

Tsunake

Emperor Penguin Egg
Hmph. Well, how do you like that? All dressed up and no one to meet. Bah! What sort of operation is being run here? Isn't this a Touching and isn't this egg supposed to be touched? Not a hand to be found, tsk! Well, on their heads be it. They'll rue the day they spurned this egg!

Those near the egg would feel a bit more aggressive. A little more keen to snap or snarl. A little less... happy.

Dusty Rainbow Egg
Hello? Is there anyone out there? Surely, there must be some mistake because this egg hasn't met anyone new. Is it so unimpressive and unappealing compared to its eggmates? What was this obsession with Teal and Blue Lightning? Honestly....

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:18 am
Pink Flower Egg

Sablie would get swept up next to Pink Flower Egg, at least mentally, as though the baby within had tucked a wing over her. Why hello there! This one's been doing great! Lots of friends to see and a few who haven't quite made it over to say hello yet too! She was a sweet girl for worrying about their siblegg though! Mama has that all under control, of course, so while they wait how about she tell Pink Flower Egg about herself? It could peek, of course, but it's so much more fun to share!

And just in time, here is another friend! Hello Sioryl! The baby inside of Pink Flower Egg sweeps the young man in just as it had with Sablie, content to gather up everybody around it into its little circle of friendship it has going. This egg isn't sure what it is like, but it does know everybody it has met so far is wonderful! Just like its sibleggs have been, it's certain!

Dea and #Teddy#

Silverlutz

Green Spiderweb Egg

If it could have buried itself deeper into the sands, it would have. Instead, it leans into its mother for a moment - she's busy, of course, but just a second. Deep breaths.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:14 pm
Bee Egg

Wait a second, she stayed? The egg is still a moment, as though the baby inside had been struck with surprise. The unexpected praise seems to bring it back to life, leaning smugly into Mhinadi's hands with pleasure. Oh, so she noticed~ Yes, this egg is perfect, and it says a thing or two about Mhinadi since she happened to notice!

Samuel Carlin

Yellow Swirl Egg

Oh yeah, it sure did. ...It thinks. Yeah, it definitely probably did. What about Oreune? The egg seems to lean in a little closer. Did she have a good time meeting its siblings? It can sense something flitting around in her mind, and there will be the odd mental equivalent of... well, of the egg trying to gently pat at the girl.

Oh, hello Papys. The egg would cuddle up against him if it could, murmuring happily as it hears kind things about its family. It is a very friendly egg--and so is Yellow Swirl. It would love to have all sorts of friends. ....Is Papys already its friend? It sounds a touch apologetic.

demon_pachabel

houllow

Brown Striped Egg

Finally! But what was this? A sister? The Brown Striped Egg seemed to lean in, assessing Odellet with a critical eye. Hm. No, no--pray forgive it, but this egg would... rather not claim such an association. Still, it is good of her to come visit, and for that, the girl receives a wave of approval. She has been kind to its siblings, and for that, it is grateful.

And another! No, this egg certainly does not think it has received its due,Josen! It feels--slighted, to say the least. Indeed, it loathes to cause a scene, especially when one of its siblings requires Mother's attention but... is it truly so much to ask to be properly noticed and admired? But it's talking too much, It appreciates the young man for having the sense to come say hello, and he seems to be of good character to boot.

Shaddaling

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:55 pm
Serrekhar - He/Him

The unexpected warmth and affection rushed over him, not unlike slipping into a hot bath on a cold, rainy day. Serrekhar really hadn't expected that, but he sure as heck wasn't opposed to it, either! He gently stroked the Grey Starry Egg as it posed its question, trying to think. What made him happy...? Well... He guesses, if he had to say anything, he'd say his friends. That he had a roof over his head and people looking out for him. He knows it might sound kind of lame and simple, but it's... nice to know you're somewhere safe with people who like you, you know?

Geez. Now he can feel himself flushing with embarrassment a little. He sounds like a loser.

---

Nemeryn - He/Him

After his first two encounters, the sudden cheer and friendliness radiating from the egg was enough to take him aback--again. The compliments and genuine delight that comes from the Teal Rosette Egg threaten to fluster him entirely, and Nemeryn squares his shoulders even more so as though to protect himself. Someone... important to him?

...Did Aneirin really think he was important? It feels a bit like being hit between the eyes with a hammer, and Nemeryn feels a confusing mingle of awe, affectionate, and embarrassment that the egg knows so much about him. But... it also feels--okay, somehow, because said egg also seems so truly happy about it all. That's a pretty special thing, too.

Of course, even someone as oblivious as he was couldn't quite miss the mirth rolling from the egg... and the glance that Tihrokat gave him. Suspicious and not quite sure he []liked that look, Nemeryn started to scowl. At least his surliness was due to uncertainty and embarrassment, rather than true anger.

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:53 pm
Odellet

'Yeah, I was surprise so many of your siblings were okay with the idea.' Odd had done a lot... but it had been soothing to be around the dragonets as they piled with the idea of being a sibling. 'Thank you for talking to me though.' She said, gently pulling away and looking over the eggs.

Which one now? She hummed softly walking around the eggs before braving the Emperor penguin, there seemed to be something in the air. 'Sorry it took so long, wanted to give your mom and sib a bit of space,' though she really hadn't managed that well. 'I'm Odellet, one of your siblings sort of adopted me as a sister. You can think of me as one if you would like... but I'm here for you, even if i'm late.'  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:03 pm

After observing the interactions between the Candidates and presumably the eggs, Candidatemaster A'ral decided it was time to start wrapping up the Touching. Would you mind, dearest? he asked of his little green, who observed the goings on placidly.

Candidates, it is time to return to the barracks. Please make your farewells, as needed, and file back as soon as you've done so. Although the green did not often bespeak others, she did not mind serving as A'ral's mouthpiece for these situations. After all, there was every chance of upsetting the babies with any loud sounds.

The eggs seemed to be growing tired, and the Candidates would have other opportunities. Best not to strain the infants when they were still so young. Zinath flipped her wings demurely onto her back, watching the Candidates to ensure that they followed orders.

(The Touching is now wrapping up - if you want to wait for replies, you may do so, but there is no guarantee that they will be made. Please have your Candidate exit stage left within a reasonable time. You can also omit a reply and it'll be assumed that you've done so.)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:15 pm
Sablie-she/her

Sablie was surprised, when she felt the baby mentally sweep her up, getting the sensation of what she would imagine a wing being draped over you would feel like. She smiled, glad to know the baby inside seemed to be doing well during this touching, it made her happy to hear. The baby had made some friends with some of the other candidates, though not all had come to see the baby yet. She mentally nodded, she tended to do her best to care for others, even if she had just met them. She was glad the occupant of the egg understood that and she knew it was right, their mother had it taken care of.

Well, before I was a candidate, I was someone who helped people be healthier in their minds. I guess I still am, really, just focus is on being my best for all of you wonderful dragons. I come from a minor hold, eldest daughter of the lord of that minor hold. Not really easy ta tell with me though. Oh, seems it is time for us to leave, so I will see you when you hatch,she responded. She gently patted the pink flower egg, before getting to her feet. She sent a mental thank you to Kleoth and hope the lightning egg would know she sent her good bye and see them soon too. Then she began to head out of the hatching sands, towards the barracks.

Tsunake
Just a mental thank you to Kleoth and a please let baby know she said see them later.

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:59 am
Ollandin

tThough he had nothing but kind things to think and feel, really, there was still the barest thread of disappointment that leaked out of Ollandin. Still, he did as told, and drifted away from the eggs to head toward the barracks again. He was smiling as he went, like he had one heck of a secret.

Mhanadi

"Oh no," Mhinadi said when they were ordered back to the barracks. She could have spent the rest of the day here, really. Still, there was no point in causing a fuss and maybe upsetting some other egg. So she leaned in close to the Bee Egg and whispered, "That was nice. I hope I'll see you soon."

Then she straightened up and headed out, back to the barracks and her bunk. She had stories to tell, and questions to ask, yes she did.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:46 pm

Emperor Penguin Egg
The egg would give Odellet an aghast look. A sibling!? Absolutely, positively not. Whoever said such an absurd thing should be ashamed of themselves. You are a Candidate, and only a Candidate, and had best wipe clean any ridiculous notion that you're in any way, shape, or form adopted or part of the family. Remember your place and make sure you do, lest this dragonet find out otherwise upon Hatching Day! Now be gone. Hmph.

Shaddaling
I'm sorry! Egg has some 'pinions

Teal Rosette Egg
The egg, who was still quite in giggles, would suddenly stop as a change came over the Candidates. They... They had to go? They had to leave? There was a sudden disappointment that gripped the egg and caused it to deflate. Well that's no fun at all! This egg doesn't want them to go!

Nemeryn, Tihrokat and Matotoka would all be clung to, as if the egg could will them to stay. Do they have to go? Must they? Weren't they all having a grand time? Can't they stay just a little while more? Please mother... Let them stay!

Tsunake

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 1:47 pm
Purple and Orange Dapple Egg

The egg didn't need help, okay? It just needed to hatch. It wasn't lacking in perspective, just... feet. So, now that it was time for Amahno to go away, the egg relinquished him.

demon_pachabel

Does Lafyrra want to be Phyphy? Because there's a dragon named Phyphy. It knows. It's a knowleageable egg. It's in the know. Weird that she was talking about hardships of Candidacy. As far as the egg could tell, all they did was bothers nice eggs like it. They didn't even show it the proper deference or respect that it deserved. Where was its bow? Where was the kowtowing that the Candidates did to its mother? Excuse. What was she even talking about? Fish? Who cared about fish. Not this egg. Go away.

Sweet Symmetry

How did she think it did? It was an egg. It was not being treated as it should be, and didn't really appreciate that. If the egg could be been a pillar of salt, it would have been. ... But... it did appreciate being called a mighty defender of Pern. That was indeed what it was, or what it would be. Without dragons they would indeed all be nothing. How clever of her to have spotted it.

Meepfur

Was it enjoying itself? No. Did she intend to stand there and exchange pleasantries with it in such a ridiculous manner? It wanted the accolades and due that it was owed. Green Spiderweb Egg had been correct about it, however. It was a super egg indeed. At least someone knew about quality, even if Surel seemed confused by it.

SilverLutz

Acidly, the egg turned its attention to Ciraine now. No, everything had not gone well. She didn't even greet it with a bow? Where was the pomp and circumstance? Where was its parade? Where were the Candidates that should have been hanging on its every word? This was an untenable turn of events. Indeed, it was not having a good day, thank you very much. Not only had its experience been excessively dull, but no one could be bothered to show it the distinction it deserved!

Zaikt

Teal and Blue Lightning Egg

The egg, which did not feel sorry for itself, was utterly ashamed to have made such a fuss. It didn't mean to take away Mother's attention from others, or to upset anyone. Vibrating with quiet distress, the egg all but flopped against Kleoth. I was a bad egg. I upset people. I was bad. It... it didn't know how else to describe what had happened. It had hurt others. Didn't that make it a bad egg? In its soft misery, the egg tried very hard to calm itself.

Tsunake
Dea and #Teddy#
Samuel Carlin
Zaikt

Bone Egg

The instant Bukichi placed his hand upon its shell, something clicked into place. The egg realized what the strangeness about Matotoka was. What, indeed, this new strain of strangeness was. As much as Valendyr had tried to assure the egg that this Candidate was a good one, something was rotten in the Western Weyr, and it was the relationship between these two estranged brothers. And it did not approve. Although it was clear that up until now Matotoka had not accomplished his mission - and the egg did not entirely understand what it was - the fact remained that there was something insiduous in the Weyr.

Something, in fact, that might even threaten this Candidate. The egg almost seemed to rumble, and then it sent a lightning fast thought to Matotoka. Whatever his intentions might be, he'd best stop. Perhaps he had already stopped. Either way, it was time to move on. These brothers needed to get over themselves, an opinion it did not hesitate to share with both. Tch!

Tsunake
demon_pachabel
You're welcome for drama.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:18 pm
Sioryl

Sioryl gave a little 'whoa!' of surprise as he felt mentally swooped up into something like an embrace. He gave a soft laugh of delight, clearly pleased with that sensation.

"You're very friendly, in case you were wondering," he informed the Pink Flower Egg. "And joyful. At least that what it seems like to me!" So far he'd met some really great eggs even if he hadn't touched as many as some of the other Candidates. He was having fun getting to know the ones he'd touched so far.

But then the call to head back was given. Sioryl gave a little sigh and gave the Pink Flower Egg a gentle pat of farewell. "See you later. Good luck hatching!" And with that he exited the sands.

---

Surel

The quick, blunt reply made Surel pull her hand away once the egg was done addressing her and she had apologized and bid it farewell. Attitudes like that didn't mesh well with hers and she didn't want to upset the baby by sticking around. She knew she was better off with the softer or more friendly personalities and while she was sure Purple and Orange Dapple Egg was wonderful, the overpowering personality did scare her just a bit.

Just as she pulled away the Candidates were instructed to leave the sands. Surel gave a little bow to the clutch and to Kleoth once more before heading off.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:16 pm
Odellet

'I understand I'm not your sibling,' she said simply, pulling her hand away. She could do nothing if Starry or Purple dinosaur thought different when they hatched. She was rather fond of both of those eggs and the swirling yellow. This was going to be an interesting hatching. She left the egg be, gave Keolth another nod and left.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff