Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Hatching] Coveting Their Grace (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:23 pm
A'toka of Blue Shahinath

It was almost surreal, like some other force was moving his body for him as A'toka made his way back to where the previous newly impressed pairs had headed. He'd watched others walk back that way before, but it had been mostly dismissed as something for him to deal with whenever the time came. If ever the time came.

He kept looking down at the steely blue beside him, who walked with nothing but noble grace - head held high and truly looking like a little lord in the once thief's eyes. Once. You are more than a former thief now, A'toka. the blue corrected huffily. Remember - not that I think you'd ever forget - you are mine now and forever. His voice was so very firm and aware - and intolerant of any mulling about the man's failures. They were practice for him to become his most perfect self, were they not?

"You're right," he agreed out loud as he finally took a place back at the feeding table, still seeming to float in his own body as he went through steps that they'd all be taught to take.....but now in the moment it felt like his limbs were numb and would fail him any time - but they still moved as he asked them to, just with a strange, electric detachment.

He passed a look over the others who were already seated, feeding their dragons as Shahinath settled primly at his side, not looking impatient, but pointedly needling at the man to maybe focus on the most important task first. The blue would not beg, nor would he demand, but.......

"Right, right..." A'toka cut the first piece of meat off with a mechanical methodicalness before he offered it down to Shahinath who took it with as much decorum as a starving infant could. While the blue chewed and chomped, A'toka looked again to his new fellows. "So......is anybody else feeling a bit jittery still?"

Quote:
PLS MY FELLOW WEYRLINGS, ENGAGE WITH THE BOY

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:30 pm
Bukichi

As more and more dragons began to pair off with Theirs, he was irritated with the sinking feeling descending upon him. None of this was in his control, true... but he was still dreading the bitter disappointment that might very well be his only company at the end of it all. Still, it wasn't over until it was over, and Bukichi kept his head up. He likely could have made it through the entire thing without much issue, if it hadn't been for the blue dragonet and Matotoka.

It honestly felt as though he'd been punched straight in the chest, winded and unable to draw breath no matter how badly he wanted to. The sound of blood roaring in his ears made him strangely deaf, and all he could do was stand there as his brother and his dragon walked away.

What did you expect? Some traitorous part of him whispered. Did you really think you'd win? That you'd finally best him in the one way it mattered? Poor Bukichi. Always second best.

He wanted to throw up. He wanted to leave.

With every ounce of willpower within him, Bukichi carefully folded up his thoughts and emotions, tucking them deep, deep down in a dark place where they could be dealt with later. This wasn't the time, and allowing his emotions to rant and rave would only impact the still-unbonded dragonets on the sands. So he stared straight ahead, pretending he hadn't noticed a thing while he focused on keeping his mind as blank and empty as he could.

He just had to get through a little more of this.

Uta

Silver Lutz

Faesinger

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:39 pm

Well. This wouldn't do at all, the Bone blue decided, noting that a certain Candidate was spending his quality time on someone who wasn't him. Hmmph. Striding across the Sands, the Bone blue stopped right in front of Valendyr. This was the one he'd been trying to see.

What inevitable rejection? Don't be ridiculous. Your Valurinnth would never reject you. Now come away from that undeserving soul, my dear. It's time for us to find our place with the rest of my family. Our family, really.

However... there was a moment that Valurinnth could not let go. He has not won, Bukichi. Patience. Your time will come. You are not a weak willed child, and this ridiculous game of yours - both of yours - needs to stop. This one was a friend to His, and he would never allow someone precious to His to be harmed.

Turning away from the pair of his rider's friends, he regarded His once more. Come along, Valendyr. All of the rejection, all of the pain of the past would soon be but a memory. A blue dragon bugled from the stands, triumphant at Valendyr's Impression. Indeed, Valurinnth felt very sure that his rider would accept him. Why shouldn't he? Wasn't he the most wonderful blue in all of Pern?

Uta
Tsunake

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:53 pm
Odellet

Odd grinned as the Purple spotted dinosaur bronze skidded in front of her. "Hey brother," She said softy, reaching out to gently run a hand over his head knobs. "Well yes, I been hatched for a while." She said, enjoying the warm soft hide under her hands and his eager attention seeking ways. "You are so handsome."

And then there was a small pale green barreling her way between them. Yellow swirl? No, it didn't seem right...ooh. She froze hearing the voice in her head, she had a dragon. Her name was Sgailth and she did not like the smell of her brother and Odd guessed she smelled more like the bronzes then planned.

And she was herss.

She cooed leaning forward to gently touch the pale green, fingers tracing over her brow ridge and her odd head knobs. "You are so beautiful." She grinned and nodded. "Yes, yes we do." She said, following Sgailth to the feeding tables. Food, oil, and gossip.

Zaikt

Sweet Symmetry

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:58 pm
Nuamia of White Tzikwuth

Nuamia’s heart clenched a little as the small female white moved away from the so very scared white boy. Hopefully Kleoth’s presence would be enough for him to get the courage to seek his out. She turned her attention to the greens as they began to move around more and wondered if any would come for her companions. She would dearly love to see either Ciraine or Kadosse impress today.

Nuamia… Her head jerked as she heard her name in a slightly scared voice. Who was talking to her? And so scared at the Hatching? The wave of apology that she felt after left her staggering a little as she tried to assimilate what was happening. Was the little white asking for help finding his?

I know you said....you don't care the color...and only that you do........but I'll understand if I'm not what...or who you can love. Because who could I love....if not you? Her eyes tracked the white as he made his way across the sands to her and she felt the love deep within her. Nuamia kneeled down and opened her arms for the small dragon. Her small dragon.

Can you be your Tzikwuth’s? Oh, you precious thing. She could still feel the terror behind the love and wanted to do everything she could to erase it forever. I wouldn’t have it any other way. Tzikwuth moved into her arms and rested his head on her shoulder. Why would your color be an issue? I said what I said and I meant it. My twin rides a white, did you know? I will have to introduce you to them. And the rest of the family, too.

Nuamia sent all the love and happiness she was feeling to Tzikwuth and she could feel the terror slowly draining from him and leaving his body. To be replaced by only calm and certainty. The rest of the world might still be a scary place full of traps and dangers, but here in her arms, Tzikwuth was certain he was perfect. His eyes were now only rainbows with no white showing.

“Shall we go get you some food?” At that suggestion, Nuamia felt the uncertainty and worry start to creep back in. Hey, none of that now. You are perfect and they should be honored to be eating with you. Tzikwuth took his head off her shoulder to give His a look. What if I do something wrong? She frowned at the white and then smiled. Small steps were going to be needed here. Then we smile, hold our heads up high, and tell everyone else to deal. The dubious feeling she had nagging at the back of her head told Nuamia that Tzikwuth wasn’t buying it. Well, he would learn. And so would she, probably.

Nuamia finally was able to pull herself out of the wonder that was Tzikwuth and smile up at Ciraine and Kadosse. “I hope to see you at the feeding tables. If not, don’t worry. It will happen! And we will absolutely have to have a tea date to catch up on everything. I can tell you all about the other babies and the juicy gossip.”

She pulled herself to her feet and picked up her dragon. The thought was still so odd and yet so right. And she was going to carry Tzikwuth as much as he would let her until he got too big to carry. He squirmed a little before subsiding, trying to look dignified. He gave the two other girls little nods as Nuamia waved goodbye. Do you think that there will be enough food? Nuamia could only smile. I’ll fight anyone who tries to stop you before you’ve had your fill.

demon_pachabel

Zaikt

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:05 pm
Sioryl

As the sandy baby pressed against his hand Sioryl was pretty sure he was going to do cartwheels when all this was over with. He'd touched a baby dragon! He'd gotten to touch his mother's dragon of course, and that had been an experience, but she hadn't been fresh out of the egg when they'd met. This was a brand spankin' new dragon!

Watching it toddle off to say hello to everyone else, he turned to grin at Valendyr. This time his eyes were shining with delight rather than tearful happiness and he lifted his sandy hand to show him, clearly not at all bothered that he hadn't been chosen to Impress.

"He was so soft! And kind of wet, but that's probably not normal." More babies tumbled from their eggs - some needing assistance - and finally all of the eggs were empty. Babies paraded around and Sioryl watched it all with awe and excitement. The question from the older Candidate made him nod quickly, though.

"Oh yeah, so much! This is the best day ever." No sooner had he spoke than one of the blue dragons marched over to Valendyr and-

"Ah!" Sioryl exclaimed as he saw the proud blue's eyes whirl rainbow. It was happening! Right in front of him! To Valendyr! He watched with wonder, holding onto his words for now until the other boy had a chance to say something. Usually oblivious to others in situations like this, Sioryl did pick up a bit on the slightly dark cloud hanging over Bukichi, but he figured he could poke at it later. There was something HAPPENING here! Even as he tried to bite back his congratulations he couldn't help the soft, high pitched 'eeeeeeeee' coming through his teeth. This was so awesome!

faesinger

Tsunake

---

Surel

Four, three, two...and one! All the babies were out, and those that had made it out before now were Impressing quickly. The little gab circle of greens had broken up and they'd all moved on to find Theirs, even the two little whites that had gone over to their mother for a moment or two. Surel was glad to see the nervous male find his quickly, relieved that he'd known so certainly who was His. Now there were just a handful left and- oh, the other white was coming to...hide behind Haraven and Savindri. But then she was off again, moving to find Hers as well.

She glanced briefly in the direction Haraven had called to, spotting a Candidate all on his own. She gave him a small smile and motioned with her hand that he could come closer if he wanted to. There weren't many babies left to cause a ruckus but standing alone wasn't...that nice, she'd come to realize. She was quietly thankful the other two Candidates had scooted her way.

"Only a handful left," she said softly to the three. "There's still a bronze making his way around." She was surrounded by boys, surely they were interested in him. He seemed quite friendly, too! Her own eyes drifted to the golden queen with a tiny giggle, watching her comfortably laze in the sands. Well, they were quite warm! She knew what it was like to be snug in bed and not want to get out.

Aside from the two metallic babies, it looked like there was a green and a few blues still seeking Theirs. She gave them each due attention, not wanting them to feel overlooked because they'd been late to hatch or slow to explore.

Uta

Meepfur

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:05 pm

Things were happening and the sister she had been playing with had gone and Impressed. That didn't bother the Dusty Rainbow gold, for it was better that way--less movement on her part, at any rate. So it was, the chonky queen continued to rest in the Sands, watching with idle interest as the last of her clutchmates continued to pair off.

Well.

Perhaps she had ought to do the same.

Slowly, languidly, the queen stretched her wings and rose. She took her time about it, pausing now and then to preen a little, but she was not unaware of her position. She might have been one of the last to Hatch, but her clutchmates needed her--whether they knew it or not. How could she lead them into a glorious future if she remained idle?

Well, she would do what she had to do... even if it meant leaving her cozy wallow.

Finally on the move, the gold headed straight for the remaining Candidates. To Yellow Swirl Green, the young gold's eyes whirled. Go on now, down among the Candidates, sister Mine. Find yours and I have no doubt you'll be less turned around in a heartbeat! Yes, see, very good. She was already looking out for her clutchmates, as a proper queen ought.

Waltzing on past, the gold did look over all the Candidates. So many long faces...so many interesting feelings.... where to start? Where was the need most great?

Tsunake

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:14 pm

There was not even one thought in Aneirin's head as Inzigeth twined herself about him. As she twined her thoughts about him. He couldn't quite register what was happening, yet the feeling of the most profound joy washed over him. This was what he had been meant to do, his entire life. This was the calling that he'd never been able to find... up until now. Up until this most wondrous creature had wandered into his life and changed it forever. He was a man transformed.

Of course you are, love, the dragonet said affectionately, leaning up into his hand with the utmost care. Oh, her silly rider! Darling, did you ever think you were destined for anything else? With joy brimming in his heart and tears brimming in his eyes, Aneirin turned to Nemeryn to share in the moment.

It was the most incredible feeling. He had never felt so whole, so entirely centered. It was the end and the beginning all at once. Best of all, it was theirs. His and Inzigeth's, forever and always. His heart, which had been so full, was near bursting with happiness. A real, genuine smile crossed his lips for the first time in a long time, and it was breathtaking.

Well... Inzigeth didn't mind a little fuss and fight. She noted that Lailokenth had all but growled at her, but well, who didn't enjoy a man with spirit? He just didn't know who he was dealing with yet. He would in time. Let's see what everyone is up to, the green suggested. Nemeryn had offered, and Inzigeth found it entirely fitting to go sit with her brothers and sisters, and to indulge in all manner of chit chat with them. Surely there could be nothing better.

Nothing indeed, thought Aneirin. He all but chuckled at Inzigeth's (purely internal) remark that she didn't at all mind the view with the brown storming ahead. "Sooner indeed," he told Nemeryn, trailing after him in a daze. He could scarcely believe that any of this was real, but oh, how he wanted it to be. And even as he thought that, he felt his green's assurance that it was very much so real. As real as any dream come true might be.

Lailokenth, my dear, would you mind saving us a place? Since he was already so conveniently ahead.

Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:16 pm
The Purple Spotted Dinosaur Bronze stops, his attention rather sharply redirected elsewhere--he could feel something weighing on his hearts, a cold and heavy kind of lead sensation that made his chest ache. He pulls away from Zaexillia with clear regret, eyes whirling yellow and white as he began to realize just what--or rather, who, was the source of those emotions.
I'm-- I'm so sorry, but. I'm needed somewhere. He gives a soft creel of apology, truly hating the fact that he had to leave so soon, but--His was out there. Now, the Purple Spotted Bronze could tell exactly where he had to go.

If he scampers away in a somewhat undignified manner, surely no one could blame him for that. His needed him, and if they knew, well--the Bronze figured they'd understand. He's practically galloping over the sand now, wings tucked close to his side so as to not obstruct his movement; he needed to get there now, and he wasn't going to slow down.
Mine! Miiiine--! Hold on, just-- Just a moment! he called, unable to shake the fear currently gripping him. What if His left before he got there, too disappointed to stay? He wasn't alone--he was right here, after all, running full tilt toward his chosen rider even if the young man had no idea he was on the way. Your Leucoceth is coming!

He bugled with all the force his little body could muster, intent on making himself well and truly known to the boy that mattered the most in all of Pern. As he got nearer and nearer, one Candidate in particular would begin to feel the waves of emotion rolling off him--worry, fear, but more importantly, love. Burning, unending, absolutely unconditional love, with no concern as to whether or not his family thought he was something so cruel as a disappointment.
No, His would never be that. Not to him. Tihrokat would always, always, always be His, and Leucoceth couldn't bear to let him think otherwise.

Unsurprisingly, when Leucoceth reaches Tihrokat, it's an equally unceremonious affair, with none of the pomp and circumstance he honestly would've liked to show His. He'd wanted to set it all up to where Tihrokat would have his perfect moment, something shining and shimmering where His Leucoceth could fit himself into his life like he'd always been meant to be there from the start--this wasn't quite what he'd had in mind, but beggars couldn't exactly be choosers. The Bronze tackles Tihrokat as soon as he's able, bringing him to the sand below as he did everything he could to be as close to him as possible.

See? You're-- You're not alone. I'm here. Your Leucoceth is right here, okay? He nuzzled Tihrokat, perhaps a little too hard at first--the notion that His had been that close to believing he was unwanted of all things had almost sent him into a panic, but it would all be alright now. He was here--they were together, and things would be fine. Surely His Tihrokat would accept him, and they'd leave the Sands together and--and then, Tihrokat wouldn't ever have to worry about things like that again. I have so much room for you. Like--in my hearts and all that. Did you know that? Because I did. He leaned forward to boop Tihrokat's nose with his own, the yellow and white in his eyes from before now completely subsumed by all the shades of the rainbow.

User Image

Sweet Symmetry

Meepfur

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:19 pm
Brenley and Bronze Tuinunuth

"Yes," Bren replied, passing his hatchling a much smaller chunk of meat than he would have a few minutes ago. Tuinunuth had shifted his upper half from the table to his rider's lap, but his haunches and tail still curled on the floor. "Jittery and... more than myself. But we are that now, I guess. Congratulations." It was difficult to keep the exclamation point out of his tone, but he managed it. He didn't succeed at suppressing his smile, however, especially when the bronze draped his arms to either side of his rider's thighs and bent his neck in an impossibly boneless curl, mealtime clearly over. Almost.

One more piece, if you don't mind. Hello, Shahinath! He addressed the blue brightly, even though he couldn't really see him from where he had settled. I hope you have enough food! Mine assured me that I couldn't eat it all. Tzikwuth! Hello! You are so very lucky that you are light enough to be carried! It must be almost like flying!

Not quite, Tuinunuth.

demon_pachabel
    faesinger

Smerdle

Scamp

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:51 pm
Nyviane

Once the blue from the Bone Egg had found His, Nyviane moved quietly back into place, watching the remaining hatchlings all the while. Some were quite social, paying visits to siblings and Candidates alike, and she watched the interactions with fascination rather than jealousy. Not that she wouldn't have appreciated a visit, but she certainly didn't expect one, nor did she have any illusions about Impressing at her very first Hatching. She was happy enough to have the honor of being here, and seeing everything firsthand. She continued to wish the ahtchlings well, even as they came down to the very last of them.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:07 pm
Ollandin

More Impressions all around him. Them. But none where they stood.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be.

This time,, Ollandin told himself. Maybe not this time, but that didn't mean never. It didn't mean there wouldn't be more chances down the line. For him, or for the boy beside him.

Heaving a quiet sigh, he summoned another smile and said, "After all of this, this early in the morning, I'm really looking forward to that feast," he said. "Half a plate lof fried tubers and some sweet rolls, that'll make the day about as good as it dan be today. Whst do you think? Hungry?"

demon_pachabel

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:44 pm

Things seemed surprisingly quiet among the Canididates. While she understood that some, many in fact, would not find Theirs the Hatching most certainly wasn't over. She brushed past Nyviane first, pausing to look the girl over, and sniff a bit at her robe. Her eyes whirled a bright green but she was quick to move on. While she did not speak to the other, she did send a friendly and encourage croon.

One that was a little ... weak.

Hmm. Surely that wasn't actually her voice. No, it must have been a fluke.

Ah, but if Not Nyviane, then who?

Her eyes fixed on Ollandin, whom she fixed with a very sharp gaze. This time she did half-unfurl her wings, tail thrashing. The sounds that came from her were...surprisingly shrill and without much force. In fact, it sounded a little ridiculous. It shut her up quick, but her eyes flashed red. Are my clutchmates unworthy of your undivided attention? I'd give them their due consideration, hungry though you might well be! This was spoken to all the nearby Candidates.

The Hatching was close to being over...but it was not finished. Not completely. And she expected the Candidates to give her beloved clutchmates all that they deserved!

Huff.

She paused at Lafyrra, and did not hesitate to bump the girl's hand with her own. She wasn't sure what was going on with Natiri and the Red Patterned Blue but she did give a little snort. Do get on with it already, brother, and let the Candidates be! How long does it take to look over two sets of robes? She chided, as was her right to do! She nudged her brother, a bit forcefully (but not unkindly), in hopes of hurrying him through, before moving on.

She had not forgotten how charming Lafyrra had been... but alas, her heart song was elsewhere and not meant for the Harper.

Zaikt

ShinosBee

Meepfur

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:08 pm
Mhinadi and Green Scandoacuth

It had been surprisingly difficult to get Scndiacuth to focus on eating once they left the Sands, despite the fact that Mhinadi could feel how hungry the litle green was. Her own stomach cramped in sympathy, and yet, each time a new pair wandered over to join them at the tables, Scandiacuth paused mid-chew, sometimes with meat still dangling pendulously from her teeth, to peer at them intently, eyes whirling with curiosity. Which of the sea of white-robed Candidates had been good enough to claim one of her siblings. Seeing them, inspecting them and letting first impressions settle in was Very IMportant.

Especially when it came to her fellow Gossip Greens. They, who understood just how ridiculous the boys had been, and knew that secrets were more important than pushing and shoving and snarling at each other. Even if they were cute. It wasn't just boys who could be cute, after al. Each of the Gossip Greens was stopped with a bright warble, a happy wingflap and a bump of nose to hide before she demanded, Tell me everything!

For Mhinadi's part, she brightened most when Oreune and hew new partner finally made it to the table to join the rest. Tears springing into her eyes again, she held out a hand to her friend, heedless of the faint smear of blood on her palm. "We did it," she said. "We both did it. And you, so much for you not believing it would happen. It did!" She'd thought she was done with tears, but nope, too much joy.

Quote:
Gossip Greens, you have been Noticed.

houllow
FREN

Ollandin

Oh...shells. That voice, the gold's voice rolled through his mind and, it felt like, his bones. Ollandin wasn't good at going pale. It was a near impossibility, but he certainly went a little ashy, and very much wide eyed. Attention forced back to the with-good-reason disapproving gold, he nearly bent double in an apologetic bow. "Sorry," he breathed aloud, and thought hard at the same time. It wasn't that I wasn't paying attention. I. You're right. I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me for being rude.

Because it was, wasn't it? Rude.

With luck, she wouldn't decide to teach him a lesson before she moved on.

He could hope.

Uta

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:12 pm
Yellow Swirl Green brightened at once as her golden sister spoke to her. Oh, of course! That made sense. That's right. Thank you, sister. She sent all the affection in the world to her, getting carefully to her feet and starting to approach the Candidates with a happy croon. Yes, this was starting to feel right! ...Maybe...

She toddled here and there for a moment, peering up at people's faces hopefully. Um... Nope.... Hm... Well....

The longer she wandered, the more tired and hungry she became. Her steps grew more clumsy, and indeed, she had to wonder if she would ever find Hers... but her eyes remained green throughout. She had to keep going! Hers would be so lonely if she gave up. With her mind wandering, she rammed right into Surel with enough force to knock the poor girl right over.

Oh! She immediately pushed her face closer to the young woman, carefully making sure she wasn't terribly hurt. Are you all right? I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bump into you... ....? The dragon stepped even closer, her muzzle nearly touching the girl's nose at this point. Um....Um? Oh! Oh, Surel! Your Jamaiceth was looking all over for you! The deepest sort of love flowed from the dragonet to her chosen rider, and the green promptly laid down to rest her head in Surel's lap.

What would you like to do next, SurelMine? After a pause, a hunger pang would ripple through the new Weyrling, and the dragon looked surprised. Oh. Oh! I am very hungry...

User Image

SilverLutz

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas