Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Kleoth's Hatching] Coveting Their Grace (Open!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:28 pm
He'd had a long, long time to examine these Candidates, gently poking and prodding here and there--truthfully, the Red Patterned Blue didn't intend any malice, though the red never completely left his eyes. He'd been preparing himself to address the pair again when one particular interruption threw him off his game; Iasgaireth had decided to show his hand, and the Red Patterned Blue gave a sharp hiss of annoyance.

Oh, calm down. You think I'd eat either of these two? His tone is--not soft, no, but he wasn't outright attempting to be cutting with his words, either. Let them take it how they wished--it was none of his concern. Just warming them up for you, dear sibling of mine. Everyone's fine, are they not?
He huffs, practically rolling his eyes. Honestly.
Besides. Now that you've gotten Yours, it's high time I find Mine. Which was precisely what he'd set himself to do--if there was one person here who would get him, it was them. As for where they were... Go show your boy to the tables, Iasgaireth. I'll show you what sizing up dinner looks like when I get there.

With that, he turns, slinking through the line of Candidates with the same level of gruff displeasure he'd displayed on his way in. He knows His had taken up watching someone else, starstruck by a glittering hide--and honestly, he could hardly blame her. He was, too, from the moment he'd spotted Chrysaetosoth, gleaming gold ahead of him like the sun. It was no wonder that His found herself so entranced, not when she was so--incredible. But she didn't need to ride Gold to prove it to everyone else, either, and that thought propelled him onward.
Although his hearts twinged to snub her, he wasn't here for Chrysaetosoth, and especially not when she was so caught up in her own private moent. Not right now, anyway. He was here for her.

So. About finding Yours. His mindvoice was flat, but Dascyana would get far more out of it than just that alone. For her--he'd bare his hearts to let her see all of him, so she'd know exactly who and what he was. Beyond that, though--what they could be together. Don't worry about aging out or anything. I'm Auridioth, and I'm your ticket to wherever you'd like to go. There's a pause, a beat or two of silent consideration as he finally comes to rest at her side--he looks up at her, gently curling his tail around her legs as he settles down in the sand. Just say the word, and I'll be Yours.

As much as he wanted to simply assume His would want him--well, he still had to make sure. It's a brief moment of vulnerability, and one that Auridioth was by no means fond of allow himself, but Dascyana was...special. Beyond special. There was no way she didn't know that already, but Auridioth didn't think it would hurt to remind her all the same.
You do have to tell me explicitly, though. I don't do good with beating around the bush when my feelings are on the line, y'know? He chuckles, a raspy sound that betrays only a little bit of his nerves. Little bit of yes-or-no action would be perfect right about now.

User Image

ShinosBee

BastetAmun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:22 am
Candidate Ciraine of Gold Chrysaetosoth

Whatever they'd been talking about before was suddenly incredibly unimportant. One of the Whites had come over, albeit laboriously, and Ciraine had spotted the swirls of rainbow in his eyes; he was here for one of them, and it quickly became clear exactly who he wanted. She'd hoped for him to find His, and he'd done just that.

"Nuamia--" she began, looking down at Tzikwuth with nothing short of pure wonder. "He's beautiful." And he was. He was so delicate, and Ciraine looked back up at Nuamia with nothing short of a beaming grin. "Don't think he needs the help finding you now--I'm so happy for the both of you!"

Then, there were two. Ciraine was glad for Kadosse's company, especially as she watched the little Teal and Blue White Impress--she's honestly glad to see her find where she needed to go, but Ciraine didn't exactly have much time left to linger on Totobath, however adorable she may be.
No, instead, someone else had chosen her time to make herself known. The Gold was approaching, eyes on her prize, and Ciraine stood transfixed as she--felt her presence. Something gentle, but by no means soft--this was a regal, overwhelming thing that wrapped her up in an almost heady sort of wonder.

A gold rider need never say her sorry, especially over an imaginary offense. But if apologize you must, CiraineMine, I dare say you should apologize to me, for making me walk this distance!
Wait. Wait, hold on. Hold on a second.
But rest assured, your Chrysaetosoth would walk all of Pern to get to you. Only for you.

Her Chrysaetosoth. Hers. Ciraine watches as her Gold nuzzled up to her, and the weight and pressure of her physical presence was what tipped it all over the edge. As it all clicked into place, the former Candidate began to grasp that she'd been chosen, and by a queen who This wasn't a really, really nice dream she'd somehow managed to slip into--this was real.
Of course it is. Chrysaetosoth interjects, sounding a bit bemused--as Ciraine dropped to her knees and wrapped her dragon up in her arms, she did her best to blink away the onslaught of tears that had blurred her vision beyond recognition. All she could see was Chrysaetosoth's rainbow eyes, looking so deeply into her that she could...well, see her. Completely and utterly, with every flaw and fault accounted for-- Hush, now. Don't think like that, Mine--I'm not about to let you ruin this moment for yourself.

She was right, of course. Ciraine nodded, pressing her face into Chrysaetosoth's neck; with a low croon, the little queen's wings spread to encircle her as best she could, their weight reassuring enough to ease the occasional sob that escaped her. She honestly couldn't tell how long it had been by the time she felt ready to stand, helped to her feet with a few careful nudges here and there from Chrysaetosoth. The Gold didn't let Hers go completely, however, insisting on keeping her head positioned under Ciraine's hand just to be sure.
Now that she was up and looking around again, Ciraine felt...different, she noticed. She did what she could to wipe the remaining tears from her face, summarily ignoring how rumpled she was sure she looked now in favor of turning to Kadosse with the first few inklings of a newfound confidence. It still had a good ways to go yet, given the fact that she had to prepare herself to speak all the same, but Chrysaetosoth encouraged her regardless.

"Her name's Chrysaetosoth." That part came easy, like Ciraine already known her name for years. The rest-- "We-- I, um. I honestly don't even know what to say." --not so much.
Rest assured, I do. Lovely to meet you...?
"Kadosse! This is Kadosse." Ciraine grinned, gesturing to her friend with her free hand--she was the first to be introduced properly, which felt a certain shade of special in her own opinion. More than that, though, Ciraine was delighted that she'd had the opportunity to stand with her at all; Kadosse was wonderful, and her match would be an equally incredible dragon to be sure.
Perhaps tell her that, Mine.
Well, Chrysaetosath wasn't wrong.

"So...thank you. For letting me be over here with you for this." Was this the moment for a hug? It--sort of felt like it, but Ciraine wasn't quite sure if she should try it even if she was practically vibrating with excitement right about now. "You're great. Seriously, you're a ray of sunshine, and--any dragon would be so lucky to have you." It would happen. She was sure of it. "We'll wait for you, okay? And then you can tell us all about Yours."
Chrysaetosoth's stomach could only stay quiet for so long, though, and although she retained her composure when it began to growl, Ciraine's head quickly jerked around to focus on the source of the sound. That hunger had started to creep in on her, too, and she gives her dragon a quick nod before looking back up at Kadosse.
"She needs something to eat, so--we'll be over there. If you come to the Feast, come find us! I really hope you do."

They turned toward the feeding tables, and Ciraine felt more like she was floating as she walked beside Chrysaetosoth across the sands. She was no Weaver's apprentice, now; she was a Goldrider, but more importantly, she was Chrysaetosoth's.

demon_pachbel
fren ;;

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:38 am
Nuamia of White Tzikwuth

Tzikwuth inwardly shrank a little as he was addressed by Tuinunuth but a little encouragement from Nuamia had him reaching out. It is high up. He sort of agreed, unsure of what to say. He couldn’t imagine that it was anything like flying but didn’t want to be rude. Is the food quite good?

Nuamia could feel the hunger growing in her little white and laughed lightly. She was still so delighted and in awe that he chose her. How could I chose any other? Tzikwuth said only for her. She gathered the knife and bucket of meat. Now can the less pleasant aspect of impressing. Handling raw bloody meat.

At a little mental prodding from Nuamia, Tzikwuth reached out to Shahinath and greeted him. You chose quite the rider. A little worried that that could be construed as insulting, he continued. He seems quite capable. That wasn’t much better but at least it was a compliment?

Tzikwuth took the first bite and it became abundantly clear that this would not be a clean affair. He pinned the piece, that Nuamia had cut small enough for him, with his foot and began to tear into it. Blood got on his snout and up his foreleg. Soon the piece was gone and Tzikwuth asked for another. Maybe this time, eat it from my hand? He gave a mental cringe and gently took the next piece and swallowed. IYou'll end up eating as much sand as meat. She told him lovingly. Plus she wasn’t all that fond of blood. But she loved him and would clean him up properly afterwards.

Turning to A'toka and Bren, she beamed. “Isn’t this like dream? Here we are all, our lives changed irreversibly in a way that we would never want to undo?”

Tzikwuth had kept an eye on the remaining dragons and noticed when Chrysaetosoth impressed. Mine, your friend has impressed to Chrysaetosoth. She is headed over here now. Looking over at the sands she saw Ciraine with the gold. Oh how wonderful! As Ciraine approached, she greeted her friend. “Look at you, with your own dragon! Introduce me! This is Tzikwuth and he is perfect.” I am not sure about that, Mine. Hush you. I will keep telling you that until you believe it.

demon_pachabel

Zaikt

Smerdle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:42 am
Dascyana and Blue Auridioth [Impression Post]

Lost in her thoughts as she was, having a voice suddenly enter startled Dascyana some, though it wasn't long before the blond woman found the red eyed blue staring up at her.

So, About finding Yours

The flat voice that entered her mind was certainly a bit strange, not like how she might have expected but that of little concern at the moment. The fact this little blue was before her and speaking to her only meant one thing and it didn't take her long to understand what this meant, even without him opening up his hearts a bit more for her then he would anyone else.

Don't worry about aging out or anything. I'm Auridioth, and I'm your ticket to wherever you'd like to go. Just say the word, and I'll be Yours.

She could feel the nervousness that he was feeling deep down, a nervousness he was hiding away so that no one but she could see it, even though she was sure he probably didn't want her to see that deep as well.

You do have to tell me explicitly, though. I don't do good with beating around the bush when my feelings are on the line, y'know? Little bit of yes-or-no action would be perfect right about now

Feeling his tail curl around her leg, Dascyana kneeled down so she was looking at the young blue right in the eyes. She reached out and lightly poked him on the nose, a soft smile on her lips. "Of course I want you and I think you know that as well."

Feeling the poke on his nose, once Impression was over and made, Auridioth shook his head, his eyes going back to red though there was a hint of blue and green there as well. There was a huff at the words but that was the only sound I didn't want to assume of course, you could have decided it against it. But, since you haven't I'm quite hungry and would like to go and get something to eat.

"Of course. Come on Auridioth." Dascyana straightened up to her full height, she had thought about picking up Auridioth and carrying him but that was met with a mental hiss, the blue didn't need to be carried after all.

Moving over to the tables Dascyana found Sablie and smiled at the woman. "Looks like I found my partner after all." She chose the seat beside her friend to sit down as Auridioth moved to sit down as well. Hello Totobath Although he greeted his white sister, Auridioth did not move to get closer to her or even nuzzle her at all. He kept a distance between them as he waited for Dascyana to cut up his food so he could begin to eat.

Dea and #Teddy#
Fren!

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:08 am
Brenley and Bronze Tuinunuth

"Hmm." Brenley had little to say to feeling more like himself, because if this was how he had been meant to feel his whole life, he had been living quite poorly. The thought sent a spike of guilty panic through him, one he immediately tried to bury deep even though there was a dragon there to prod at the dirt. He nodded to Nuamia and Matotoka—A'toka, came the gentle correction—and slipped Tuinunuth the last strip of meat he had asked for.

Are you ready for oiling?

Oiling? The bronze lifted his head and turned side to side, trying to find his sisters from his awkward position. Hi Praedaeth and Scandiacuth and Jamaiceth! He didn't bother Tzikwuth again, since the little white could now tell the food was excellent all on his own, but his smallest brother received a happy mental nudge.

You'll see. We have to do something about all of this sand.

Yes, all right! Chrysaetosoth! Congratulations! Yours is beautiful! Totobath! Auridioth! Welcome!

demon_pachabel
    faesinger
    houllow
    Samuel Carlin
    SilverLutz
    Zaikt
    Dea and #Teddy#
    BastetAmun
    Quote:
    if you've made your way to the tables, assume you've been lovebombed
    no escape

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:04 am
Mhinadi and Green Scandiacuth

Mhinadi, with blood still sticky on her own hands, really had no room to comment on anyone else's appearance, and yet, she couldn't help herself. Each time Oreune smeared blood across her face, she winced a little. "Wait. Oreune, you--" She finally grabbed one of the rags left on the table for such a purpose and held it out to her friend. "Wipe," she instructed. "You have blood on your face."

then she looked to see who else was coming to the table. It couldn't be that bad, could it?

Scandiacuth was even more curious about who it might be and what would happen. What? Why? She might not understand yet, but she would watch, oh yes she would.

Except for the moment she took to send a burst of joy and love back in Tuinununth's direction. Hello, Tuinununth! Are you full yet?Are you itchy, too? I am starting to itch. That will have to stop.

houllow

Smerdle

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:33 pm
Sablie of White Totobath

Sablie had smiled when Dascyana had assured her that Totobath was perfect for her. Yes, she really was, the little white filled in any gaps she didn't even realize she had, until she impressed. She had placed her white down for just a moment, so that her friend could speak to the little one. She felt as Totobath sent a soft wave of assurance to Dascyana, which was from both of them. At the suggestion of going to get her dragon taken care of, she beamed with a nod of agreement. She could feel her tired dragon's hunger reminding her what the white was too calm to vocalize.

"Then it is a deal then, see ya..you soon,"the blonde responded to her friend. She scooped Totobath back up into her arms, allowing her white's tail to wrap around her arm and her head to be tucked back under her chin. She felt bad to leave her friend on the sands, but she had no doubt she could take care of herself.

We will see her at the feast, Mine, don't worry. Along with those you care for up in the stands,Totobath assured as Sablie began walking for the tables where the new weyrlings would be gathering.

Yes, we will make sure of it. Alright, let me just shift ya..you a bit in my arms, so we can get you some meat,Sablie agreed. She gently shuffled Totobath to her one arm, grabbing what looked like some good meat with her other. She did this with such poise, which was still something that was...new to her. She went to sit down and gently placed Totobath in her lap, before she began cutting the pieces into just the right portions for her beloved white. She still couldn't believe this precious dragon was her's, it felt so incredible.

There couldn't have been another, MySablie. You calmed me some when I was so very anxious. You are kind and good, along with being so optimistic. You are perfect for me and I for you,the white reminded calmly. She opened her mouth as Sablie handed her a piece of meat. She would have to make sure Her's cleaned up before the feast, no good showing up looking like she killed a beast with her bare hands. The two were watching as more of her siblings came in, even as the little one ate. She even saw her gold sister, that she wanted to thank again for playing with her and then she recognized her sister's rider. A spike of anxiety came, which was answered with the gentle humming of a familiar song from her own rider.

"It will be okay, Totobath. If you want, you can let your sister know that you feel bad about that. However, you really shouldn't, you did nothing wrong,"Sablie reminded softly, stopping her humming long enough to tell her that. She also encouraged her to reach out to her bronze brother as well, to thank him for the welcome as well. She stroked her head gently, to calm any apprehension she might have, mentally reminding her she was right here for her. Just as she was about to do that, she found a very familiar figure joining them with a handsome blue.

"Well, well, it seems you have indeed gotten your partner too. Guess that means weyrling training will be even better,"Sablie grinned to her friend. She definitely would have kept in touch, if Dascyana hadn't impressed yet, but this was amazing to share this time in their lives with a good friend.

Hello Auridioth. Thank you, Tuinunth for the welcome, I hope you and your's are well. Chrysaetosoth, thank you again for playing with me. Also, can you please tell your's that I am sorry for upsetting her during the touching. I..I didn't mean to,Totobath spoke to each of her three siblings in turn. She looked up to Sablie, who gave her a reassuring smile.

BastetAmun
Yay, fren!

Zaikt
Precious bean needed to say sowwy

Smerdle
Hello back

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:36 pm
N'tiri & Blue Iasgaireth

Iasgaireth gave a huff when Auridioth brushed him off and then set about finding His. Well, at least things were moving, and settled—all was as it ought to be, and on the right track. And NOW they could eat!! The blue gave a little step in place, looking back up and over his shoulder at his rider, all but beaming... and then looked around the other way to swirl fond blue-purple eyes at his friend. You're Fyfy, right? Thank you for looking out for my N'tiri until I could get here. Please look after yourself now too, I know he will be worried for you. I will keep him safe though, I promise that! And soon perhaps you will join us! The hatchling turned and butted his head against the girl's leg, giving a soft croon... and then set off for the feeding area, snagging N'tiri's robe with a wing claw just long enough to tug gently. Come on then my N'tiri! I want to see Praedaeth and meet hers! Oh, but I think you know her! That'll be great!!

For his part, Natiri—now N'tiri—paused just a bit longer. He finally let go of Lafyrra's hand to go... and then tugged her into a tight, somewhat awkward hug. Just as fast as it happened, he let her go, giving her a curt nod and taking a step back. "We'll be busy. But I'll see you when I can. And I'll send Haldi too... please take care of yourself, okay?" It was unsaid, but by now she must know... if she needed anything, he'd be there as much as he could be. Just, right now... forever, really, but especially now, he had to take care of Iasgaireth first.

He turned on his heel and followed after the blue, last, or next-to-last off the sands, but he made quick deft work of grabbing up a bucket of meat and a knife to chop. By the time he had it in hand, Iasgaireth had made his way right over to Praedaeth and butted his head against her, nuzzling and humming in happy love for his twin. Scandiacuth too got a fond bump from the blue before he settled in, head turning to trace his boy's movements with brilliant whirling eyes. Well done both of you! I think we've got a great batch here, don't you? I'm so proud of all of us, and, oh!! Here he comes!! Scandiacuth, Praedaeth, this is my N'tiri!!

Stepping into the gap, the empty table space next to Oreune, N'tiri set the bucket down with a thud. "Oh. It's Oreune, right? Looks like there's no need to worry about the right craft now after all." Chop, chop, chop, and the sounds of a very happy blue gobbling his first meal.

"...Well done. I told you, if you were good enough to be searched, then you deserve to be here. Your dragon proves it, doesn't she?"

Sweet Symmetry
Byyye Fyfy <3
houllow
RIP HERE COMES YOUR NEW BUDDY 4EVR
Samuel Carlin
Hello sister!! <3

ShinosBee

Nerd

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:03 am
The small brown didn't break his stride even once. There will be plenty of spaces available. He retorted curtly. Still, he had little doubt that His would make certain there was a seat... and the thought rankled fiercely. Nemeryn was his. His. Who did this Aneirin think he was, laying claim to him in such a way?

Nemeryn, sensing the baby dragon's feelings, frowned quietly. He was going to have to sort that out later. You come first, always. He knew Lailokenth didn't need reminding, but... Well. He silently looked over his fellow Weyrlings, recognizing faces here and there as he pulled a stool over for himself and a bucket of meat. It didn't take long to begin paring down the chunks to a more reasonable size and popping them into the brown's hungry mouth. Chew. He thought sternly when Lailokenth would have merely tried gulping them down in an attempt to assuage his appetite.

For now, the man was content to focus solely upon feeding Lailokenth... but he would glance up occasionally, making certain that there was still a spot next to him for Aneirin.

Mr Cheri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:34 am
((Not sure if anyone is still actually RPing but I might as well at least get him over. You only get to bring your newborn dragonet to the Feeding Tables during the Hatching once, after all. Val and Val are open though--don't mind Valurinnth's over-protecc tendencies though.))

It didn't take long for Va'len to pick his way over to the tables, though he had found himself moving as if in a daze. He could hardly tear his eyes away from Valurinnth, and didn't quite want to. Everything about the blue dragon was perfect. The paleness of his hide, the dark blue markings that spotted his coat, and the feather-like markings along his wings. He was beautiful and stunning and he could imagine no other dragon his equal.

The little blue did pause to give a small derisive snort, pausing to nose a bit forcefully at Va'len's hand. There is no dragon my equal for your were Impressed by the best of them all. Nevermind that most of the Candidates and werlings had been too daft to realize who he was. Yes, Valurinnth knew that their eyes had been solely on his weak white siblings, or the metallic, thick-headed bronzes, or the unoriginal twins. No one had given him the proper reverence--and he had not, and would not, forget it. But it didn't matter. He knew his worth, and would prove to them just how fierce a beast he was. Nevermind that his hide didn't sparkle--it didn't need to.

"Don't worry. They'll adore you," he reassured--not that Valurinnth needed it. Va'len just didn't know what else to say! There had been so many dragonets, it had been hard to know who to look at, and he would have felt guilt about not admiring Valurinnth had he actually been allowed to feel the emotion. Instead, anytime it bubbled up, the blue dragon drowned it out of existance by pouring into him all the love, adoration, and forgiveness he needed. At the end of the day, Valurinnth cared not an ounce for any of the others--he had His and that was all he needed. Nothing could separate them now.

The blue dragon didn't even bother greeting his clutchmates. Let them come to him if they thought themselves worth of such an audience. Instead, the blue dragon herded Va'len away from where the rest of the weyrlings had gathered, picking a seat at an empty table, and putting himself bodily between him and anyone else who might draw near. It didn't bother Va'len though. He was too besotted for it to matter if others were there or not and was only too happy to feed his dragon quietly to the side. If Valurinnth had his way, it would just stay the two of them for now.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:21 pm

Oh sugar, I don't mind nicknames, the green told her sister, sending an affectionate thought to Scandiacuth. Silly dear! Why ever would she mind them? Especially if my dear family and rider come up with them. What a wonderful way of occupying one's time, she decided, even as she budged up next to Lailokenth. He seemed quite busy eating, but she didn't mind at all.

What would mine be? Inzigeth asked curiously, and without thinking Aneirin answered out loud, "Inzi." He felt rather than heard his dragonet's laughter, and only belatedly realized that he'd blurted it out. And, well, she might not have meant to include him in her banter. Of course I did, Inzigeth told Aneirin privately. She didn't project the thought for anyone else to hear, but didn't want him to be embarrassed.

Nemeryn was busy, and Aneirin no less so as he found choice bits for Inzigeth to chew on. She was a little more delicate with her food than was Lailokenth, but no less hungry. Thank you, dear, she told the brown, who had not had a role in saving her a spot, but ought to be credited with it anyway, since it was his rider's doing.

Hello, my dearest family. How are all of you settling in? Inzigeth said to her clutchmates at large, not quite knowing whether they were all ready to chit chat, but still desiring to acknowledge them all, ready or not.

Samuel Carlin
Tsunake
all the derg bbs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:00 pm
Shahinath accepted every morsel handed his way with a delicate bite to take it, not overly cautious of A'toka's fingers, but mindful of the fact the man was still settling himself being in several directions all at once. But I do expect you to fix that soon enough, the blue noted critically, accepting no less from the man. He regarded each of his siblings as they made their way to the tables

He regarded Tzikwuth's words with a long pause before nodding slowly. As I expect him to be - come, I did not get a proper look at yours, Shahinath said, holding his head higher but making no more active effort to move in order to look over Nuamia. Again, his pause was long and scrutinizing before he seemed content to turn his attention to the next bite of meat handed his way. A fine woman, he finally assessed, not having much of a stronger opinion than that - she suited his brother, but knew what the white would think if he said that.

Soon, it seemed the entire group had assembled at the table and Shahinath looked over each with quiet regard - though if he moved to place himself between A'toka and one of his brothers, that was surely a coincidence. One that drew the man's attention down to him - "What are you on about?" he asked, earning a dismissive huff from the blue. Nothing, he stated, posture nothing but regal. He did not get on about anything, thank you.

Instead, he redirected to Inzigeth's inquiry - how appropriately timed of her. Well, Inzigeth, though I do have a few rocks to settle in mine's head - disbelief simply won't do. While many would find the comparison to a dream to be romantic in some way, Shahinath was very real, thank you very much.

Faesinger

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:17 pm
Mhinadi and Green Scandiacuth

It was hard to tell which of the pair was more curious about the approaching blue and his new rider, Mhinadi or Scandiacuth herself. The dragon had been warned, and she'd shared the warning with her partner and both of them watched. Mhinadi's attention, at least, shifted back and forth between Oreune and N'tiri before settling non-committally on her dragon again. If there was going to be drama, she'd be witness to it but she didn't have to stare.

She did smile a little, though, as someone else got in a toldja so.

Hello, Iasgaireth! Welcome to the best place on Pern to be! Near the food. Thoughts rich with amusement, she welcomed him, but her attention snapped quickly to Aneirin and INzigeth as they finally arrived.

There you are, Inzigeth! Wht took you so long? Come and eat before it's all gone. Some of our siblings have much bigger bellies than we do, and they want to be full too! As for the nicknames: Well, I just wanted to check. It woiuld hardly be right for one of us to love the idea and the other to think they were terrible things. Did Yours say Inzi? I like it. May I use it, too? We think mine will be Scandi. Isn't it a delight. You can use it of course."

And then, with some effort, Scandiacuth thought, only to Inzigeth, Praedaeth says that Hers is not happy about Iasgaireth's and that we should watch her face. How interesting.

houllow

ShinosBee
Hullo!

Mr Cheri
Finally! <3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:19 pm
Dascyana and Blue Auridioth

Seated next Sablie, Dascyana couldn't help but smile at the other woman. Actually it was hard for the blond to frown right now at all, not when Auridioth had found her when he did. She had been ready to be a candidate for another turn or so until the next hatching but there was no need for that anymore.

"It does seem that way. Auridioth picked the perfect moment to come to me and I certainly don't mind us having been the last to impress." The blond woman laid a comforting hand upon the blues head for a moment, gently rubbing his headknobs. There was a low sound of pleasure that could be heard deep within the hatchlings chest, though he was quick to cut it off before turning his head to snap lightly at His fingers.

I'm sure you can feel how hungry I am. If you do not hurry I may just decide to take another n** at your fingers. The flat words through their link and the baleful stare did not intimidate Dascyana, the woman could easily feel the hunger gnawing at her own guts through their bond, but she could also tell he just wasn't going to beg for it or act affectionate, especially not in front of everyone.

"Alright, alright. I get it. I'll try not go to so fast as to cut my own fingers in the process." There was a flash of yellow in the red eyes that soon disappeared as Auridioth found that his was being sarcastic. The blue huffed softly but then took the offered chunk of meat with a snap, almost getting Dascyana's fingers once more in the process.

Tuinunuth's greet was met with indifference until Dascyana lightly poked Auridioth with the tip of her toe. For a moment dragonet and rider stared at one another, as if testing each others wills before Auridioth took a piece of meat a bit more delicately then before and reached out towards his bronze brother. Thank you Tuinunuth. You certainly picked out the best candidate, for you of course.. The backhanded compliment was not lost on Dascyana but she didn't say anything as she continued to feed the red eyed blue, though there were blues and greens mixing in now, especially as the woman noticed that Auridioth's eyes would go and land upon his golden sister and linger there for quite some time.

You know, if you keep leering at her like that, she'll just think that you are creepy. Could always, oh I don't know, talk to her instead of just l staring at her.

Auridioth jolted from the thoughts that came to him and at once the red fully returned to his eyes as he stared up at his rider. I am not leering at her in anyway. I am just looking around at all of my siblings. The blue hissed some as he spoke but Dascyana wasn't fooled by any of it but she did decide to drop it, especially now. She could bring this up later if it was ever needed.

"So we get to go through weyrling training together now. This is going to be a lot more fun, I can't wait to get to know everyone else."

Dea and #Teddy#
Totobath, help Auridioth socialize please?

Smerdle

Zaikt
Because Auridioth is being a creep and just staring at sisters pretty golden hide.

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 14 15 16 17

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers