[PRP] soothing balms [ oreune/sablie + dragons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:24 pm
You rub your stomach a lot after we do a lot of work. Praedaeth nosed at Oreune's leg as her rider worked to finish cleaning up the oil bucket and brush they'd just been using. Sweat had formed on Oreune's brow from the effort, and her dragon's eyes whirled with a little bit of yellow over the supposed strain. Something as simple as oiling shouldn't cause someone to break into a sweat, right? Honestly Praedaeth had no idea and no meter to judge on, but she could certainly feel there was some sort of pull and ache within her rider's body. Does bending over and squatting cause you a lot of pain? There was so much of their bond she still needed to explore, so much of her rider's past that while she knew about it, what did she really know? Need a break?

"I may just sit for a bit, if it's all the same to you. We don't have anything going on right now anyway, and you're not particularly starved." Oreune set aside the tools and took a seat on a nearby bench, the lesson done and the need for anything else happening further down the line. "Did you want to take a nap, or go talk with your siblings? There are a few still lingering around so why not go and say hi? Today wasn't much of a chat amongst yourselves day." Oreune was a little surprised with how much talking to one another they did as Weyrlings, though should she really be? It was clear she didn't pay as much attention as she should have while being a candidate, because if she had much of this wouldn't come as a surprise.

Maybe it was because she honestly never expected to be experiencing all of this? It was hard to think of the future when you really never saw yourself getting to do it, or at least never thought it'd come true. Now that she was a rider and actually attending Weyrling lessons it was a whole other type of game.

Seeing as Oreune was indeed going to sit and just rest, Praedaeth watched her rider lean back and rest her hands atop her stomach. Taking that as a sign she may wander a little, clearly not too far as she didn't want to be apart, the green moved towards one of her clutchmates that still happened to be in the area. She didn't have much hope that her little white sister would be much in the mood to talk, but there was nothing wrong with venturing over to see right?

Hello Totobath. Did you enjoy your oiling? It was a simple enough greeting as she approached, absolutely unsure of how else to start this conversation. Being friendly and chatty was her twin's main skill, not hers.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:18 am
Sablie had made sure to get Totobath well oiled, wanting her precious baby to feel her best. She remembered every step so very well, her memory having gotten much better since impressing to her beautiful white. Once her baby seemed to sparkle, so to speak, she began putting all of her tools away. She placed the little white carefully next to her, knowing that she would want to stay close to her. She looked to the little green and gave her white a gentle stroke of the head, to help her feel good enough about communicating with her sister.

Hello Pradaeth. I did enjoy my oiling, MySablie was so gentle and through with her work. I think she wanted to make sure I knew how much she loved me and that I should shine,Totoboth said gently. Her mind voice was quiet, as she looked at her sister with gentle blue eyes.

houllow

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:25 pm
Hmmm. The little green raised up to look at Totobath's, as she had really only been looking at her sister before. Hmmm. The thoughtful sound was repeated before a swirl of green went through Praedaeth's own gentle blue. Hello to you, Totobath's. I'm Praedaeth. You're very lovely too, the two of you together paint a wonderful picture.

For they did look good together, fresh and clean and relaxed, unlike her own rider who was resting with brow moist and eyes closed. Was oiling a dragon really that taxing, or was Oreune just that lazy? It was hard to tell since as a green, she certainly was much larger than her smaller sister, but there could be more to it. You've really made her shine. There was no false flattery in her words, because what was the point of flattering someone, really? Praedaeth understood they'd either like her or not and opinions didn't change easily.

Mine is over there, Oreune. She turned to look back at the resting individual before returning her gaze. If it's not a bother, can she come say hello as well? It was testing the waters of sorts, to see what level of company her sister would allow. There was so much to learn about Totobath, about Totobath's, and while Praedaeth was absolutely pleased for company and talking to anyone who even bothered to glance her way she knew the feelings weren't always mutual.

Plus she'd been the one to approach after all. Suddenly calling someone else over when you'd invited yourself might not go over so well for the more shy dragons, or shy dragon riders.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:04 pm
Sablie looked down to Praedaeth as the green spoke to her directly this time. She gave a bright smile to the green, glad to hear the other thought the two of them looked good together. She remembered the green from the hatching, since her and her twin had come to visit her and Dascyana during it. Granted, her brother had been the more vocal of the pair, but she wouldn't forget either of them.She smiled more as she heard the compliment of how she had made Totobath shine. She stroked Totobath's head more, making sure to scratch behind her headknobs.

"Thank you, she is an amazing dragon and I love her so much. You look quite pretty yourself, you know. And if your rider would like to come over, she is more than welcome to. Only if it is not an inconvenience for her, since she looks a bit worn out,"she replied to the green.

Is Your's okay, Praedaeth? Mine doesn't think she should look so tired like that. Also, I never got to thank you for coming to say hello to Mine during the hatching, before I got to her,Totoboth added her own to the conversation.

houllow

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:05 pm
If dragons could smile, the green would have. She appreciated the compliment and took it wholely, having to stop herself from just repeating it back in a loop cycle of constantly praising one another. She was not a vain dragon nor would she ever need to be, because unlike her rider she didn't really need that constant validation. Eventually Oreune wouldn't need it either, or so she believed, but Totobath's words to her shook her from that. It was important she pay attention to her sister, for when the little white took time to speak she would listen well. Oh, no worries about that. I really didn't get to say much anyway, what with how much Iasgaireth likes to talk.

Praedaeth was thankful for the chatty and friendly nature of her twin, for he allowed her at his side during situations she was pretty sure would go terrible if it was her alone. Like right this all seemed to be well and good, yet at any moment it could just flop and well, that was okay. Not much could be changed if her speaking partners didn't want to keep going, but at the very least she knew Totobath and Sablie to be kind. A good start.

But the topic was on Oreune now. She seems okay, but I don't know. Praedaeth answered truthfully, for as far as she could tell there really wasn't anything physically wrong with Oreune, and certainly emotionally all she was getting was the basic tired due to working a lot mixed with the sheer delight of being bonded to a dragon. She touches her stomach a lot, so I think maybe the bending hurts or something?? She told me that before she'd gotten really badly hurt once. Praedaeth knew a bit more about it, but not enough to fully pry. Not enough to full spill it out to her sister and hers, even though the concern on their faces warmed her hearts. I'll call her over, hang on. Don't go anywhere!

The point of telling someone you were going to call meant usually you did not leave, but Praedaeth took the moment to make the small walk to where Oreune was. A few tugs on the young woman's sleeve had her up and moving, and soon she was back over to the other pair. If any conversation had happened to get her moving it had been short and sweet, though it was safe to assume Praedaeth would be denied nothing were she to ask.

We're back now. Hello again, this is my Oreune.

"Hello." Oreune sheepishly bobbed her head in greeting, first to Sablie and then to Totobath. It was best to greet them both after all.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:35 am
It doesn't matter that you didn't talk much, the point was you were there. You allowed my rider and her friend to talk to both of you. I know it made MySablie's day and she thinks it made Dascyana's day too. So I figure it is nice to say thank you for them anyway. Badly hurt, hmmm, maybe something about it still hurt?Totoboth suggested. She nodded to her sister, as Praedaeth went to get her own rider. The white turned her head up to her rider, asking what she thought of the hurt stomach, her eyes having a tinge of yellow to signify her worry.

It could be the injury or could be emotions because of the injury. Sometimes when something bad happens, people's stress can mess with them,Sablie explained gently. She was thinking through when Oreune might have gotten hurt. Her memory was pretty good now, but things from before impressing could still be a little shaky.

"Hello Oreune, it is nice to see you. How have you been doing today?"Sablie asked politely.

houllow

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:29 am
"Still can't quite get it through my head that I'm a rider, but otherwise I'm doing well." Oreune knelt down a bit so she was more level with her dragon, as the green just barely came to her knee and to properly touch her at this stage would involve either leaning over awkwardly or lowering down to a better level. Clearly the young woman preferred to keep the bending to a minimum for one reason or another, and soft wince that had crossed her face like a flash of lightning would be hard to miss for anyone not quite looking at her.

Praedaeth noticed, of course, and the bolt of yellow that went through her otherwise merry eyes flickered just as quickly. If Oreune wasn't saying anything, she wasn't saying anything. For the moment, anyway.

"And how are you, Sablie? Totobath looks so clean and pretty she's practically glowing." It was true that, alongside their metallic siblings, it seemed as though white dragons glowed beneath the sun when freshly oiled. Oreune was well aware the saying that greens more or less glowed when it was time to rise, but this was entirely different. This was less of a 'oh no, a Flight' and more of a 'baby is semi-blinding with how bright she is'. Still an absolutely compliment though, for whatever that was worth, and hopefully it showed through her tone. "I'd like to get Praedaeth there some day soon, but it might have to wait until there's not a lot of bending involved."

Praedaeth decided to add her two marks to the conversation, resting her head atop Oreune's shoulder now that somehow she'd move to sit. Kneeling involved That won't take long. We will both grow a lot quicker than you think and then you'll be sad you can't carry me anymore. She looked at Totobath with a smile in her eyes. I'm envious you can be carried now. Mine says she won't even try. Oreune shook her head.

"Because you weigh significantly more than you look." She looked over to Sablie and sheepishly grin. "Don't let her think I didn't try to lift her at least once. She's solid as a rock and about as heavy as a boulder too. Plus," A hand moved to her stomach, where she paused in her speech. "I was a weaver. Not really meant for heavy lifting." It was almost like she kept dancing on saying something about anything and yet always moved away.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:14 am
MySablie, I think she is trying to keep her pain to herself..right? Is there something we can do, I saw the worry in my sister's eyes when Her's winced. There is pain there, I worry about my sister,Totoboth thought with some more worry of her own. She looked to her rider, who gently stroked her head. She knew Sablie could feel her anxiety as well as if it were her own. She just didn't understand, if Oreune needed help, why wouldn't she tell someone?

Sometimes people do not want to burden others. I suppose dragons are like that too though. Remember how you felt when you thought you upset Ciraine and myself at the touching? Perhaps Oreune is worried about upsetting people. Or perhaps she doesn't know how to deal with her pain or ask for help concerning it,Sablie suggested calmly. She sent a wave of love for her baby dragon through their bond, before turning her attention to Oreune.

"I am doing quite well, been better than ever since impressing Totoboth. And thank you, I wanted to make sure she looked her best. Honestly, I just want her to know how much she is loved. And it is alright, whites are known for being smaller than their siblings. So I guess I am just lucky to still be able to carry her and will be able to for a little bit,"Sablie responded with a smile to the other. She knew one day her beloved dragon would be too big to carry and she would be the one being carried.

houllow

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:41 am
Oreune huffed out a little bit of a laugh. "And I'll be forever jealous of you who were able." She rubbed along one of Praedaeth's eyeridges in affection, pleased when her dragon leaned into the motion and allowed her head to rest there. "I also think I'm just out of shape. I was in the infirmary for so long after the hatching, and then there was all the recovery work afterward - I'm lagging behind." While it had been over a Turn since everything had happened and she'd had plenty of time to recover and repair, there was still just a small lag between where she currently was and where Oreune felt she needed to be. The keyword of course was felt, though she was certain enough that if she actually did show slower progress than the other Weyrlings the Weyrlingmaster would be kind enough to say something. "It's also just so, so different to actually be doing it rather than just hearing about in lessons. To be the one entirely responsible for oiling and feeding rather than just lending a hand to a rider."

She tried to think back to the encounters she'd had with riders and with Weyrlings and just how strange they'd seemed then versus how they seemed now. Perhaps this was how children always felt when looking at adults anyway - a position they could never imagine themselves being in because they were in such a situation alien to a younger mind. Now that she was in that exact situation it was silly to think how she thought they all seemed so put together, how they all seemed to know everything.

"Er...I should probably point out that I'm not really complaining about any of this. I'm actually really quite thrilled, since I was pretty sure I was going to die before able to stand again. It's strange how fast life comes and changes, almost always for the better." Was this...a hint of optimism sneaking in? It still sounded quite morbid if one were to properly listen, but for Oreune (and Praedaeth, who nodded in agreement) it was quite a bright statement. "Don't you think?" She cautiously asked Sablie and her dragon.

Don't get too comfortable.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:25 am
Sablie didn't think Oreune needed to be jealous, after all each dragon had their unique skills or things the rider could do with their bonded. After all, while her's was small enough to carry, there were things greens got to do that whites did not. Also things whites could do that greens could not, everything had a balance to it. She continued to rub Totobath's head, grateful for having such a beautiful white. When she stayed near her egg, she never would have dreamed the little life inside would be her own dragon.

At the mention of being in the infirmary after the hatching, she was going to say that no one had needed to go there after this hatching. It took her a moment to realize Oreune must have meant the last hatching, which...oh dear. She just remembered some of what had happened during it and one of the unbonded dragons at the time who had done some...damage. She had been lucky during that hatching that she had just seen a bit of the action, but had been unharmed.

Oh, is that what you think happened? You don't think she is upset at Guarath...do you?Totoboth asked. Before they found their riders to help them, emotions could be big and not easy to control.

I hope not, since I know we were taught that unbonded baby dragons can have their emotions all over. However, human minds can hold onto things, whether consciously or unconsciously. At least we know what might be going on a little more now though,Sablie thought back. She was quiet for a moment vocally, as Oreune spoke about how strange it was to actually do the things they had heard about, then about life coming and changing things.

"It is definitely different doing things for ourselves. At some point, our dragons will be big enough for us to get help from candidates instead. That would definitely feel surreal. As for life, it is amazing how things can change in an instant. Definitely for the better, for the most part. Even bad things can shape us for the good,"she replied.

houllow

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:08 pm
There was something about the way Sablie talked that had Oreune trying to figure out how or where she'd heard something so very, very similar before. It wasn't like it was a bad thing since clearly it wasn't rankling her nerves or anything, but just the statements all sounded like things she'd heard more than once or twice. Considering it couldn't be something from the Weaverhall, as folks there tended not to really....talk in depth about this sort of thing there (at least not Oreune's circle) it had to be some sort of......healer?

That was it! Sablie sounded a lot like the mind healers that Oreune often talked to after the mauling accident.

"Sorry if this is strange for asking, and totally off topic, but were you....a mindhealer before becoming a candidate?" She knew the question probably seemed from completely left sands, but it would bother her if she didn't get an answer right away. There wasn't the paranoia aspect anymore of needing to know as to be safe, but rather wanting to know so that way she didn't second guess herself. There would also be a bit of mentally patting herself on the back if she was correct, but also a bit of stark depression that she'd spoken so often to mindhealers that their very manners of speech were somewhat ingrained into her.

"I mean I know whatever we were before we became riders is sort of irrelevant now, as all our time will be dedicated to our lifemates and to fighting Thread." It was sheepish and ridiculous to think she'd have time to weave anymore now that she'd Impressed, not that she particularly wanted to.

You don't want to weave anymore? Praedaeth tilted her head at the thoughts that swam through Oreune's mind. The response she got back was a simple indication of there's no time to and no regret in it. I see. Must be hard to suddenly stop something you enjoyed. I can't really imagine that. She looked to Totobath, to see her reactions. It wasn't as though she needed to fish for responses and reactions from her sibling, as Praedaeth understood Totobath to be shy, but at the same time.....well, she didn't really know how to carry on a conversation either.

Awkward, really/

[quote="Dea and #Teddy#]sorry for the delay!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:48 am
Sablie might have been surprised by the very proper assessment of what her craft had been, however sometimes she did have a tendency to sound like a mindhealer. Plus, she could imagine Oreune had dealt with mindhealers after the last hatching, so she could probably sniff them out so to speak. It wasn't out in left sand for her, she could see where the other made the connections she did. She knew they would be busy with things, but they would have their rest day, so there was that. She also caught the look Praedaeth gave to her sister, which the blonde mentally nudged her beloved white.

I think it still matters what you were, it is part of who you are. And I did say we can find time for both, since I won't be up for all of Thread. It will give us something to do when we are not up with everyone, to be more helpful. And Praedaeth, please let Your's know that MySablie will listen, if she needs. I am sorry I have been quiet with you,Totoboth thought to her rider, then to her sister.

"You are right, I was a mindhealer before I was searched. I suppose I always will be in some way. And as Totobath so nicely put, what we were, is still relevant, whether we practice it or not. It is part of who we are, so it is best not to forget that,"Sablie pointed out.

houllow
No worries

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:57 am
"I thought as much." There was no proper way to express an 'aha!!!' moment that came with the inner joy of knowing she was right at guessing, probably because it might not be so flattering to know how or why she was able to get it? Being good at one's craft was important so that wasn't exactly a bad thing, but saying they all said the same stuff and sounded the same when they talk was another bag of glows entirely. Again not bad, but Oreune wasn't sure she had the proper tact to say it without inadvertently coming off with an insult. Would Sablie even be insulted? Probably not considering she'd said she was and wow this was going in circles.

Praedaeth gave the dragon equivalent of a laugh at her lifemate's mental gymnastics, though the laugh stopped at Totobath's gentle apology. Please, no need to apologize. Not everyone likes to talk about anything and everything, like my Twin or some of our other clutchmates. I'm the one who's sorry if you feel I'm pressuring you to speak. Her apology was soft and loving, careful not to add more pressure onto the tiny white. Praedaeth was absolutely aware that some of her comments and manner might not go over well - she and Oreune had tested the waters on some topics, so to speak - and the last thing the green wanted was to cause strife so early into their days. I like your quit company just as much, Totobath, so never feel pressured. Just let me know when you're done and we can leave. Mine won't mind.

The last bit of that was given to Oreune, who narrowed her eyes in the feeling that she'd missed a good chunk of conversation but nevertheless was going to just agree with her dragon's assessment. But anyway, crafts. "I'm hoping one day we'll have down time and I can finish the miniature tapestry I've been working on. Admittedly it's sometimes hard to sit for extended periods of time, as the scar tissue on my gut starts to tingle and get uncomfortable." A hand went to her stomach again with a soft rub. "It's a little embarrassing to be trying to do something and basically dancing in your chair because there's no way to get comfortable."

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:30 am
Sablie watched Oreune's facial expressions, to see what she would do about having guessed right. She seemed to be quiet and she couldn't pick up anything from her face. She ran her hand over Totobath's head some more, knowing that her little white was paying attention to her sister. She could feel the bit of anxiety, as if her little dragon was trying to think of how to answer her sister. She didn't want to disappoint anyone, her confidence kind of lacking sometimes.

It is okay, Totobath dear, she loves you just the way you are. She isn't expecting you to be like your siblings, she even told you that. Just talk as you feel like it, I am sure she just likes your company, even if in a quiet way. Everyone is different and is unique, no matter if you are talkative or on the quieter end,she soothed her gently.

It is okay, you and Your's do not need to leave. I am just learning that my way of doing things is just as valid. Plus Mine likes having company, so if you don't mind my being quieter, please stay,Totoboth requested in her soft voice. She looked up to see Sablie giving her a gentle smile, feeling the pride from her rider.

"Did the healers say anything about dealing with that? I mean, I cannot imagine that is very comfortable when taking care of Praedaeth. I would think maybe they could give you something to dull the pain,"Sablie suggested gently.

houllow

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas