Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:36 pm
Mene
Menahem was just arriving to work for the dinner shift after a few days off when he saw his colleague Sven coming down the hallway. He held the door for him. "Evening," he said, entering the kitchen after him. "How's it been?"

Dai
Sven was walking with little more than the upcoming shift on the mind. That and the very peculiar interactions he'd had somewhat recently - between his brother and the ghost girl, there was a lot to unpack! But he mostly ignored it rather than unpacking. He glanced up at the familiar face of a colleague he hadn't seen in quite some time holding the door for him, which he thanked him for. "It's been... something." He scrunched up his nose and grimaced a bit. "My brother being... my brother. How about you? It's been a while."

Mene
Menahem thought of all the things going on in his life. The resort...that, er, intimate encounter with Rho...bringing Tirzah home and getting her settled....coming out to Rho (again)...it'd all been pretty chaotic. Not that his work buddy needed to know all that. "It was nice to have a few days off," he agreed with a chuckle that did not betray his thought process as he put on his apron and headed for "his" station, pausing to wash his hands. "What's up with your brother?" he inquired.

Dai
"Good good. Even better to have you back." He moved as he spoke to grab 'his' kitchen apron, designated as such via the embroidered pocket, and then to his area not wholly removed from Mena's. "You know how that guy is. Yipes? More like Yikes..." A sigh at the bad joke. "...long story short, he brought some fauny over and said he had another kid now, then pestered me about how a date that wasn't even a date went." His expression remained wholly grimaced as he thought back to it.

Mene
Menahem snorted at Sven's joke about Yipes, and remembered he'd heard Sven kvetch about him before. "Another kid!" he exclaimed, then made a tch sound, shaking his head. He supposed he couldn't judge those fauns who liked to "get around" very much, his own Rho was the same type. At least he hadn't gotten anyone pregnant though. Hard yikes. Heh. Yikes. "Wait, what's this about a date?" Mena asked, pausing his work. "How d'you have a date that's not a date?"

Dai
"It's not even a real child though! The guy looked just as confused as me!" Sven retorted in an exasperated manner as he tied his apron behind his back. "There wasn't a date! This... this... this GIRL just came in here and spilled nuts ALL over the floor! And then I cooked her food after but she ran out like it tasted bad or something!" He huffed angrily. "The NERVE."

Mene
"How ********' rude," agreed Menahem. "Any girl would be lucky to have you cookin' for her on a date." He decided to leave the idea of the not-a-real-child alone for now...that sounded less interesting than Sven's romantic adventures, or lack thereof. "Do you normally cook for people on dates?" he asked. He hadn't considered doing this and suddenly felt real stupid. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach, after all.

Dai
Huffy Sven was huffy and stayed huffy. "No? I don't go on dates. I've never BEEN on a date. Why would I cook for someone if I don't even know what they want to eat? How am I supposed to prepare to make sure I cook the right thing in that instance? I can't! And I'm not serving something they wouldn't like."

Mene
Having assembled everything necessary at his workstation, Menahem pulled a knife from midair and began chopping the carrots before him. "I mean, do you wanna go on a date? I don't have too many friends but I know some single fauns, depending on whether you're interested in girls, guys, or both."

Dai
"Oh females please. Guys are just so unhygienic." At this he started giving his station a fine wipe to make sure it was extra clean before grabbing some potatoes to scrub and prepare. "Mind passing me a knife?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 5:48 pm
Mene
Well that made things slightly more difficult. "Sure." Menahem passed Sven a knife from the knife block that he kept at his station just incase. The only single faunness he knew was....he paused for a second, tipping his head. Huh. Alborada was particular and sharp as a tack, but then, so was Sven. And she kept herself clean and pretty all the time. He wondered if she might actually be Sven's type, from the like three sentences he'd heard about it. "I'd have to ask, but I think I know a girl."

Dai
Sven graciously accepted the knife and started cutting out eyes from the potatoes. Without even lifting his eyes, he retorted back. "Doubt it - I'll believe it when I'm standing at the start of the bridge, a basket in hand for only the MOST romantic of lunch picnics beneath the apple trees." His snarky tone made it obvious that he thought Mena was full of garbage.

Mene
"Sounds like you've given this some thought," quipped Menahem. Now he was even more determined to make this happen. "But I'm serious, man. My buddy Rhoea? He's got a sister, Alborada." How to describe her in a way that made her sound appealing but in like, a girly way? "She's very pretty. She's got nice hair. Clear skin...?" He winced. "********', I dunno, I don't know what makes girls pretty, I don't date girls."

Dai
"Not even remotely - just pulled that outta my a**." Sven wasn't particularly thinking too hard about it or considering it a real thing. "Isn't Rhoea that guy you're always ********' around with?" He had no way to know how true this had become. "Why would I care that he has a sister? It's good that it sounds like she takes care of herself, but that doesn't mean I'd want a date with her."

Mene
Menahem nearly choked. "That's the one," he agreed, stifling laughter. He lifted a pile of carrots into a large stockpot and pulled more onto his cutting board. "Don't be like that, man," he chided. "How d'you know she'd give your crusty a** the time of day?" His tone was light and good-natured, even if he was teasing.

Dai
"Huuuuuuuuuuh?" Sven looked up with a borderline-disgusted look. "What do you mean by that? Of course she would - I'm quite the catch if I do say so myself. Much moreso than you."

Mene
All men were the same. Appeal to their ego and they'll do anything you want. "I mean, I'll ask her...." he trailed off with a bit of a shrug and a face. He tried hard not to laugh. Great, now he was gonna have to try to sell Alba on this.

Dai
Sven looked back down at his potatoes and began cutting them as his disinterest mostly returned to his tone. "Whatever. As long as she's clean, I don't care."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces