Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Touching] Get Ready For Me, Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 2:59 pm
Rayarner

The discontent Rayarner felt made him nod sagely even though he had no idea what it was like to be confined to such a small space. He got it even if he didn't understand - the idea of being restricted wasn't one he relished much but he also knew it was important to wait. The dragons weren't ready quite yet and their waiting would be well worth it.

"I will," he promised, giving the shell a fond pat before moving on. He paused to scope out the sands and headed for the White Tiger Egg, somewhat buried in the sand. He had to crouch to touch its shell, his large palm taking up a considerable amount of the exposed space.

"Hello," he said softly. Despite his large build and the undeniable weight in muscle he carried, the touch was as gentle as a feather to the small egg beneath is hand. "You certainly are tucked in there. I've never been buried in sand before...is it nice?" While the question seemed silly, Rayarner's voice was nothing but sincere and curious. Perhaps these eggs knew something he didn't and sand was actually super comfy to be buried in. It would certainly be warm...maybe a bit uncomfortably so for him and his weak human skin.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:21 pm
Tyara-She/Her

Tyara was surprised when she felt the egg seem to wrap her up in a mental embrace. It seemed to be assuring her it was okay to worry and wonder, but to remember that's what family was for. She agreed, it was why we loved and why it was worth it, even though it could hurt sometimes. However, she tried to keep that last thought to herself, having no intention of making the baby sad at all. She then felt this bubble of excitement from the egg, which hearing how excited the baby was, made it hard not to smile a little. It amazed her how different these eggs seemed to be and how they managed to convey so much into one's mind. Sure, she knew firelizards could, but this was on a...grander scale. I'zel had told her it was possible, but wow!

I will certainly try to take this all in a bit more. How about I keep you company a little longer, until someone else comes over?she thought to green vine egg gently. Did the baby want anything else, to show it something or let it look in her mind?

((Going to stay a little longer, til there is someone else over here other than her and Eralgais))  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:32 pm
Besilin - He/him

Besilin jerked back a little at the forceful greeting, though his hand didn’t leave the shell of the Gold Sunbeam Egg. Wait, what? What had he done? The boy was very confused and looked at Beelim with a perplexed look on his face. As if Beelim could explain what the egg was trying to tell him. Had he hurt Beelim in some way? That was never his intent. He had caught the sheepish smile and wondered what was going on.

demon_pachabel

Heleste - She/her

Um…Heleste trailed off as she was summarily dismissed by the egg. Oh, okay. She could move on. She had just thought…but it didn’t matter. With a happy skip she moved to the Butterfly Wing Egg and placed her hand on the shell. Hello! She greeted sunnily. You have a lovely shell and I am sure that you will be just as lovely a dragon when you hatch.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:28 pm
Jhiroquel

Well. That ...it wasn't a surprise, really? Not evert dragon would like every human it met, or find them interesting at all. The silence and consideration had been more troubling than the dismissal, but at the end of the brief encounter, it simply was what it was. Or wasn't. With an apology for disturbing the egg's occupant, Jhiroquel moved on, choosing to put some distance between him and the Space egg, for politeness' sake.

He went, instead, to the Aubergine Egg and introduced himself there, instead. Hello. I hope you weren't intending to stay hidden. You draw the eye.

Eralgais

This was a good day. Touchings were always good days, but some were better than others and this one was going well. Eralgais rarely had a bad mood sort of day, but these eggs were definitely pumping him up and making his grin even broader than usual.

I'd love to hang out for a while, but there's a lot of us and I don't want to take up someone else's space. You want to meet everyone, doncha?[/ I wanna meet your brothers and sisters, too. Family time, after all. I'll come back, if I can.

But for now, he was off, reeling around to wander happily to the Gold Sunbeam Egg, which he touched carefully as he thought a cheerful, Hey there. How're you? This is a great day!

ShinosBee
For closure!

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:05 pm
Teal and Blue Spiral

HM. HmmmMMmmmm.

Hm.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Well then.

Aubergine

Nikrys is given an appraising look over - or as much as an egg can actually look over someone through a shell. But it seems overall the young lady is approved of. I have met some fine candidates - yourself included. Knowing what the day means makes it easier to make the most of it, does it not?

Smerdle

Ah, well, here's someone a touch more complicated, but Nisadee is given their own fair look over as well. There's nothing condescending about that opinion, 'complicated', of course. Simply that the young woman seems to have a caution about her and a distance from others. Do you want to rely on others or would you rather they be able to rely on you? it asks her.

Meepfur

WELL now. Who was this? Jhiroquel is given the most fierce look over of any who has come to visit Aubergine egg yet, almost as critical as the young man is upon himself. But the infant inside settles thoughtfully once, clearly appeased with what it has found. If I look hidden that is because that is where mother has put me, and she knows best in this case. Tell me, do you consider a draw to the eye to be a particularly good trait?

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:39 pm
Green Spotted Egg

Oh did he now? Green Spotted fairly burbled with annoyance on Cetra's behalf, giving off what could only be described as plotting vibes. It sounds like someone really ought to learn him something, sooner or later.

Yes, yes it did.

demon_pachabel

The inhabitant of the large egg gave Whren a careful look-over when it felt the Candidate's hand on its shell, before shifting its weight more to the side he was on. To quote from another fine gentleman it had recently met...how ya doin', stranger? Conversation is a bit of an art, to be sure, but arts can be learned - and it can be a valuable skill to have, especially if one is inclined to certain pursuits. As for whether or not it had anything it would like to talk about, well, not just now. But it was glad Whren had stopped by.

Shaddaling

Red and Gold Flowers Egg

Good tidings to you, Zelaya! Good tidings indeed. It is all quite suitable, yes. I hope it's suiting you, as well? Even though this was all ostensibly about the eggs, in some sense, the Candidates were almost their guests - in this particular dragonet's view of things, anyway, so it hoped that they were having a good experience. As politely as one could go about such a thing, it peered into what it could see of them, lingering with curiosity on where she was from. Balen, was it? That was new! What was it like there? It looked very different from the Nabol place it had seen a couple of times now, and it was intrigued.

ShinosBee

Meepfur
Crew

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:09 pm
Sketchy Cupcake Egg
The little egg would give the equivalent of a laugh through the link with Divisti. I'm not snitch! If someone upsets me, oh boy, will they know it! And it would be glorious. Maybe not for the person in question, but this egg had every intention of making sure the world knew its pain.

Didn't that seem like a lovely thing? It did for Sketchy Cupcake!

Hunthyex and his commentary about Midrymear would absolutely divert the egg, who would wriggle once again in its shell. No preference here! Tall and slender, rugged and handsome, it all sounds divine to this egg! Aren't you glad you came? This egg was certainly pleased that Hunthyex was so kind and good to it! Nevermind there were other eggs to meet--none would be as interesting as it!

Midrymear for his part, received a wave of cheer and pleasure from the egg. Though it said nothing, it was eager to see what sort of attention the man might drum up for it! It was an important assignment, after all. Perhaps a little more gusto would do it?

Jaleeri would be met with the same wall of enthusiasm and flair that all the rest of the Candidates had. Perhaps Midrymear's promotion style--subtle as it might be--was working? Either way, Jaleeri would feel the egg shift, as if to roll closer to where she stood. And why shouldn't it be? The rest of its eggmates pale in comparison! Say, you seem strong and hefty, care to help an egg out? Maybe dig a little sand out of the way--just at its base, yeah?--so it can shift a bit and resettle? Surely, Jaleeri would be so kind to oblige.

faesinger

Tsunake

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz
You have permission to move the sand a bit if you wish!

Butterfly Wing Egg
Eliaza would feel the egg's pleasure and pride as the girl hastily assured her all was well. Well, see to it that you do, at once, if you do find yourself at odds with one of them. It was no request though--Butterfly Wing Egg did expect to be adhered to. Still, the egg was quite happy at the girls' attention, and was more than pleased for her to linger as long as she liked! Do you have a favorite among my clutchmates? The egg asked, perhaps more than a little hopeful. Nevermind that Eliaza had only been to two, itself included.

Heleste would be greeted with pleasure from the egg, and if it could laugh, it would do so. How clever of you to notice! It is rather partial to its egg--and has every hopes of hatching into something glorious. What a day that will be--and to meet everyone at least! Quite a delight, don't you think?

Samuel Carlin

faesinger

Pink & Purple Zigzag
Like others before it, Bherrus would feel as if his worries, and cares were washed away. There was something innately relaxing about this egg, and even his excitement would, perhaps not be dulled, but turned more into something easy-going. Life was good. Everything was all right. And the world was beautiful. So beautiful. It would take a few moments before the being in the egg would seem to realize it was being spoken to. Hmmm? Oh! Yes, a very nice day for it. It was just thinking, dreaming, about meeting its perfect person. Maybe it will be you? What do you dream about when you think about eggs? It was eager to know the dreams of the Candidate.
Smerdle

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:29 am
Zelaya - they/them/she/her

Such a sweet and curious egg, Red and Gold Flowers Egg was. Very much so. It is always good to get to meet the Weyr's newest clutch. I'm sure you'll hatch strong and do wonders. They waited in patient openness as the infant inspected their mind, intentionally turning thoughts towards home, Balen when they asked... though it had been turns since they'd even visited, they still remembered it clearly... when the egg seemed interesting. Deep, rich forests, the roar of the icy northern sea. The smell of fresh lumber and polish, and the perpetual hum and buzz of saws and woodworking tools. Hidden glens amid the trees full of flowers in riotous bloom. Moss as soft as any herdbeast's wool under their hand. The pervasive rustle of leaves and needles...

Briefly lost in the nostalgia, they stayed put, hand steady on the egg's shell.

Meepfur
Staying put for a round!

ShinosBee

Nerd

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:47 am
Chocolate Chip Cookie Egg

Oh? The egg seems to draw itself up slightly as it takes a closer look Kahbrohm, feeling almost... perplexed. Perhaps it did prefer its former company. Did Kahbrohm really think this egg wouldn't bother to throw him out on his ear if he grew tiring? There's a hard mental shove--much harder than any have been given before. It pauses then, almost as though waiting to see how the young man reacts.

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:18 pm
[ kedriom ] - he/him

The Pawprint Heart Egg got flustered rather quickly at the compliment, and Kedriom couldn't help but chuckle a little in sympathy; it was at least a little reassuring to know that he wasn't the only one here who wasn't incredibly skilled with taking positive reinforcement to heart. He gives it one more pat before moving on, coming to a stop at the Butterfly Wing Egg this time, taking a short breath before he placed his hand against its shell. He'd already outlined exactly how he'd approach this egg, gathering up all the poise he could muster in an effort to come off as a more...put-together kind of person than the nervous mess he considered himself to be.

Look around as much as you want--I'm ready for you. Confidence was key, after all! He'd do his best at that, and maybe it would be enough. It's an honor to meet you and your siblings, and I. I hope you find who you're looking for somewhere today.  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:17 pm
Green Vine Egg

The egg sent another soft wave of reassuring affection to Tyara. It appreciated her care and concern with keeping it safe, but it was in far too good a mood to be brought down. Who could be sad with suck wonderful, sweet, caring candidates to meet and consider, just like Tyara herself? Well this egg would just adore your company for a while! But what does Tyara think? Which eggs does she like? The bubbly social mood of the egg grew somewhat more conspiratorial—a friend leaning in to whisper about who they thought was cute, perhaps!—and it gently shifted in its wallow towards the girl.

Dea and #Teddy#
Tyara—stay as long as you'd like, girl!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:15 pm
Chakuri - she/her

She wanted to laugh out loud with sheer joy at the sensation, and if she were able, she would have swung the egg around too! Oh, yes! She thought back. I've enjoyed meeting your brothers and sisters, and your parents of course! I wish my parents could come see you all! That would make everything perfect. Maybe one day...

Bidding the egg a cheerful farewell, she moved along, pausing to touch the Teal and Blue Spiral Egg. She hoped it hadn't minded the brief lull in attention!

--

Oranie - she/her

"Thank you," She said quietly, grateful that the Candidatemaster didn't seem inclined to scold her or acted like she was making a scene. Oranie already felt like a fool for reacting as she had, and took several slow, deep breaths. It was all right. Things had been hard, but everyone she loved and cared for was okay. Still, she glanced towards the tiers, mentally fixing their position in her mind, just in case. The egg had only tried to help, but knowing that she'd unintentionally made it feel so sad...

Right. She could sit here and wallow, feeling sorry for herself... or she could take another deep breath, pull her shoulders back, and try again. Still embarrassed at allowing her emotions to get the best of her, Oranie quietly reached out to touch the Pawprint Heart Egg. It's wonderful to meet you. I'd imagine that being the center of attention could be lovely... or overwhelming, honestly.

--

Hunthyex - he/him

Oh, indeed. He was a lucky man to have met this egg, and he thanked it for its time. Sketching a bow, the man moved on. The Butterfly Egg was next in his mind. Good day, and, judging from the other nearby Candidates, he hoped the egg was receiving the proper attention and consideration from his fellows. This was, after all, the first of many grand moments for clutch.

--

Miomellai - she/her

That was certainly something to consider. Miomellai mulled over those thoughts even as she bid the egg a farewell, sidestepping and making her way next to the Cloudy Skies Egg. It was an impressive specimen, large or small, it was the inside that was important. Whoever was inside this egg was to be admired, regardless!  

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:43 pm
Kahbrohm - He/Him

Kahbrohm didn't reel from the push, though it did show on his face that it had been a rather forceful pushback from Chocolate Chip Egg - but he didn't get the impression the egg actually wanted him to leave. Rather, that it wanted him to know that his certainty in his own ego wouldn't keep the egg from tossing him out by the ear.

He laughed - not loudly, but enough to be caught onto.

Wouldn't be half as fun to meet you if you couldn't.

----

Cetra - She/Her

Cetra settled in the sands next to Spotted Green Egg, though there was a long pause as she saw Hunthyex moving a ways away - almost as though if he'd drawn closer she would have gone elsewhere.

I'd certainly like to be able to knock him down a peg, she sighed, allowing herself the confession to what felt like a partner in conspiracy.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:29 pm
Nisadee - she/her

Nisadee didn't mind that she was deemed complicated - it wasn't exactly untrue.  She had her fair share of issues and secrets rattling around in her head, after all. I haven't found many people to be particularly reliable, she answered Aubergine, after a moment for due consideration.  Her aunt, if anyone, though they hardly had a close relationship regardless.  Anali might be the most responsible of her family members, but she was no less distant. So it would have to be the latter.

Or neither.  If the day came that she aged out, she'd be back to being on her own, living for herself. While she wasn't someone for whom that would feel like the end of the world, she would obviously prefer a future with a dragon. Which meant being relied upon to fight Thread.  

Meepfur
Crew

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:49 pm
Jaleeri

The enthusiastic greeting from Sketchy Cupcake Egg made Jaleeri's heart beat a little faster. Two for two on the friendly eggs, it seemed! Great luck! Of course, considering the queen and sire of the clutch it wasn't that much of a surprise that the babies seemed to be generally good natured.

The request had been made to the right person, it seemed, because Jaleeri was quick to respond.

"Sure! Hang tight, I'll see what I can do." She knew there were strict rules about moving eggs, but moving the sand was fine, right? It wasn't like she was going to bury it or dig a hole for it to roll in, just move the little mound it had made from wriggling. She bent over a bit and stuck her hands into the hot sand, pulling away the offending pile and smoothing it out so the egg had somewhere to rock.

"There you go, any better?" she asked as she righted herself, rubbing her hands on her legs to rid them of the clinging granules.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff