Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Touching] Get Ready For Me, Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:32 pm
Green Spotted Egg

I have no doubt he'll find himself down a peg or two sooner or later, it assured Cetra, Whether by happenstance of by design, he'll get what he deserves. A lesson in manners was certainly due - or at least, a lesson in Green Spotted's sort of manners, which might or might not align with everyone else's.

demon_pachabel

If Whren wanted to fall for such an obvious ploy, far be it from Green Spotted to stop him. Coolly, the dragonet within curled itself up. It didn't need him, anyway.

Shaddaling

Red and Gold Flowers Egg

The being within the egg basked in Zelaya's memories of her home, both fascinated and delighted, and happy to share such feelings with them. How excellent! But wait- what was this? A sibling was on the move! And before any of them should be up to such antics, at that. Curious but also faintly alarmed, its attention drifted to the drama...ah! Many apologies, Zelaya, that was very impolite of it. It drew enough of its focus back to say, Thank you for sharing that with me.

ShinosBee

Oh, ah, hello Divisti! Red and Gold Flowers was slow to respond to its latest visitor, terribly distracted by the goings-on, but it wasn't so rude as to neglect or ignore her entirely. It was easy to see, at a glance, that the young woman quite liked her privacy, and so between that and its distraction, it wouldn't pry. It did, however, bestow upon her the sensation of a polite little nuzzle. Thank you for coming to visit!

faesinger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:37 pm
Green Vine Egg

As soon as Isha touched the egg it drew her in, as if huddling close to whisper in her ear as it reached out, felt around somewhat as best it could, to see what had happened with its siblings. Had Isha seen it? That crash! How very bold, wasn't its sibling? Tsk, well, the egg supposed it couldn't really blame them... it was quite excited too! Oh but how very lovely it was to meet Isha, it really should focus up! Hello there darling! You seem very much a doer, not a waiter... What did SHE think of its sibling's antics, hmm? A little giggle-like emotion bubbled up from the egg. Was that Isha's type, maybe? Another doer? It just had to know!
houllow
Isha

ShinosBee

Nerd

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:14 pm
Nikrys

Why thank you. She wasn't sure she was a very good Candidate at all, but the approval of a creature who could see the deepest of her thoughts was quite the compliment.

As Sketchy Cupcake made a break for adventure, Nikrys's hand slipped off of the Aubergine Egg as she moved to put something between her and the action. That something happened to be Cloudy Skies. Fancy meeting you here, she thought, shaking her head slightly as she tried to brush off Chocolate Chip Cookie's irritation. It didn't take her that long to sort herself out, and she offered the pale egg the same deep, respectful nod she had given its parents before she placed her hands on its surface.

Something tells me you're used to your siblings' antics.

Bherrus

"I dream about..." Bherrus chuckled as he watched Sketchy Cupcake launch itself toward Chocolate Chip, though Pink & Purple Zig Zag's calming vibes let any panic he might have felt about the situation slip from his mind and float away. "I dream about saving Pern. And flying." Honestly, there wasn't much else in the boy's head, especially when he was standing on the sands. All he had ever wanted to do was be chosen and fight Thread. He tapped at the dragon's shell. "I hope you don't have too much trouble finding Yours. I'm very excited to see you all Impress up close!"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:36 pm
Zelaya - they/them/she/her

They gave a little smile, glad to have been able to do as the flowery egg asked. Only the crack of one egg (and how had it gone rolling...?!) knocking into another disrupted their exchange, making them look up and around. Was everything alright? They looked towards Mictecath, towards the candidatemaster... Oh, right! They gently patted the egg one more time, likewise apologetic for being so distracted. There was nothing for the egg to apologize for when they'd done the same thing! I'd gladly share any time. Though for now I should probably move on. But I'll visit again, I promise it.

Next up was the White Tiger egg—the smaller shell having been more revealed by the rogue egg's departure from their shared wallow. With an eye still on the parents and candidatemaster, they slowly crossed to it and reached out to give it a touch. That was certainly unexpected. Are you alright? Despite the oddness, they did their best to radiate only amusement and calm. Just in case.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:24 pm
Iweth

One minute everything had been going well, and Iweth was resting curled against Mictecath, his head resting on her side as he watched with happy but keen eyes. The next, crack! He snapped up, eyes flickering to yellow with worry, the large dragon on his feet and gingerly striding forward in one deft movement. Pardon me, candidates... just, yes, please, stand aside a moment... yes, thank you, now, let me see... He did not quite wait for the candidates to move, and one or two might have been gently nosed or nudged aside as he crept right up to Sketchy Cupcake Egg and Chocolate Chip Cookie Egg, crooning softly as he whuffed and sniffed and inspected them.

So much excitement today, I know, I know... but we mustn't be poor hosts! That was quite the interruption... Ever so gingerly he turned the eggs, checking them for any cracks or trouble... and then gave a sigh, eyes flushing with relieved green and blue. All well, if a bit... scrambled.

With patient, practiced moves, he nosed the two eggs apart, and then gently turned Chocolate Chip Cookie, mounding the sand up to cradle it just so, and giving it a long, affectionate, hopefully calming press of his snout. There you are, there, there—Da knows it didn't go to plan. But all is well. Why not take a moment, and then try again? If you prefer, I can collect you, and we can try again another day, hmm?

As for Sketchy Cupcake... The bronze dipped his head and gently took the wayward egg in his mouth. I do understand, you know. And you certainly were the very center of attention there, weren't you? But, I think, perhaps, it would be best to share the spotlight for a moment. Let's come rest where your Ma and I can keep an eye on you, shall we? Pardon us, all... Back across the sands he went with the egg, to place it securely at Mictecath's side and deeply mounded in the warm sand.

Quote:
Everyone watch out! Da Iweth is coming by for a moment! Sketchy Cupcake is gonna have a little break from the party, sorry to anyone going for it!

Uta
Sketchy Cupcake Egg gets to sit with da for a bit!

Tsunake
Chocolate Chip Cookie Egg getting some love and all resettled

Sweet Symmetry
Bringing Cupcake over to sit with mom and dad for a lil' <3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:30 pm
ISHA (she/her)

Isha apparently hadn't noticed the egg going rolling, probably because it seemed to happen so quickly uhh....well. It'd be a lie now to say she wasn't curious about what caused it and her sudden desire to know more, but before she could even properly act on that thought a massive bronze was suddenly moving through and taking the egg with him. Her chance at being curious effectively cut off (for exceptionally valid reasons), Isha turned more of her attention back to the egg at had. Literally.

She'd been short before with only the little bit of a hi so maybe more effort was required, mostly since it...asked...a question? Or something. It certainly wasn't the same level of sadness she'd gotten from that first egg. I uh, think it's okay? This is my first touching so not exactly a lot to go on from personal experience. I've heard horror stories though.

Angry eggs, rages, unhappy parents - so far this just seemed like an excited rolling egg and a polite dad.

( STAYING WITH GREEN VINE FOR NOW )  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:07 pm
Sketchy Cupcake Egg
It seemed Chocolate Chip Cookie Egg was most put out--and even gave it a counter-shove. This didn't bother the egg, who was nothing but gleeful about the entire affair--if a bit shaken.

Unfortunately, before it had a chance to respond, Iweth approached. So it was the egg was separated, which was just a well for it. It was time to really give them all a sh--no? Wait, what? Instead of leaving it alone, Iweth actually picked it up and took it away!

No! No wait! Whatever are you doing!? This is highly unfair, just because it caused a bit of excitement! No harm was done--hey! Put it back! Put it backputitbackputibackputitback!!! The little egg wobbled a bit from where it was settled between Iweth and Mictecath, and Iweth could (if nothing else) feel its sudden ire! How very dramatic--removing it from the adoring crowds! This was the egg's moment! HOW DARE!

-----

Butterfly Wing Egg
Eliaza was a sweet thing, and the little egg was very pleased by her excitement. The egg had been about to reply when all the commotion happened. First one of its eggmates took off, and then it crashed into another! There was an obvious amount of distress among both Candidates and its eggmates--all because an egg couldn't behave!

Easy now, easy! The egg tried very hard to soothe any Candidates nearby--including Eliaza--but it was just an egg... and it was, perhaps, a bit irate by all the commotion! In fact, irritation began to bubble up as it sought to tell Sketchy Cupcake off--but Iweth intervened instead. And while the large egg seemed upset by the turn of events, Butterfly Wing Egg was pleased. Just what it deserves, being so foolish, tut tut. Hopefully you are well though! If not, I shall summon someone to fuss over you promptly! And why shouldn't it? They all deserved a bit of soothing and care after such a commotion!

Samuel Carlin
Omg -- sorry to keep your girl hostage. RL at me!

Pink & Purple Zig Zag
The little egg hardly seemed to have a thought on its head as it daydreamed right along with Bherrus. To feel the wind on their backs, to soar high, to be truly free... Wouldn't it be wonderfully nice? That Threadfall was a danger didn't seem to distress the egg. In fact, it hardly seemed to notice all the commotion happening around it. What a lovely dream, really... Perhaps one they might share together.

Smerdle
Sorry for holding Bherrus hostage there! RL got me. D:

F'dral of bronze Sinrunth
One moment everything was going fine, the next an egg smacked into another. That Iweth was so controlled about the ordeal was a blessing--for while the Candidates might not have been the cause, they also could well be easily blamed. It was an exciteable day after all--for both the eggs and the Candidates.

Well.

Perhaps it was best to call them away before any other egg decided to escape. Reaching out to Sinrunth, the bronze grudgingly obliged. Candidates! Say goodbye to your eggs, and make your way back to the Barracks. The Touching is now over.

[OOCly -- RL got some of us, so apologies that some Candidates only got to touch an egg or two this time. That said, we do know that this means the Hatching is imminent!

I know some staff, like Cheri, hope to reply to the Candidates--so don't move your character away too soon. :3 I just want folks to be able to either pat one last egg or wrap up with the egg they're at. We'll get this closed up this weekend, for sure.]

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff