Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
What ships did you honestly want to work?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ChaosKnights

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:49 pm
There were quite a few ships over the years in which I really hoped the relationship somehow or maybe worked out. A few happened while a few didn't.

But one of the ships I still think about once in a while is Kohta and Kaede/Nyu/Lucy from Elfen Lied. But unfortunately in canon their relationship will always be star-crossed as they will keep hurting each other when they don't want too. I loved this ship so much I ended up writing a fanfic as it was the only way they could be happy together.

Anyone else have any ships that tragically never set sail?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:32 am
I was hoping that Téa and Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! would develop a deeper relationship since they were childhood friends. Unfortunately she seemed to have more feelings for Atem than Yugi.

I also hoped that Misty and Ash would have had a stronger relationship but Ash was more into Pokemon battles than her. My hopes went up again in Pokemon XY series. I really feel that Ash and Serena would make a great couple. She certainly showed her feelings enough times. Again Ash was more into the Pokemon battles. Being geared for a younger audience I can see why the writers might not have wanted to focus on relationships I'm still hoping that Ash gets the girl. 😀  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:07 pm
Oh. Man. Let me think.

Part of me wants Ms. Joke/Aizawa from My Hero Academia to work out currently.

Otherwise most of my pairings characters do end up working out and I'm not just talking about the ones that are super clear from the start. Like I shipped Ichigo and Orihime from Bleach together (though I do wish that relationship was developed a bit more).  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:42 pm
smithers456
I was hoping that Téa and Yugi from Yu-Gi-Oh! would develop a deeper relationship since they were childhood friends. Unfortunately she seemed to have more feelings for Atem than Yugi.

I also hoped that Misty and Ash would have had a stronger relationship but Ash was more into Pokemon battles than her. My hopes went up again in Pokemon XY series. I really feel that Ash and Serena would make a great couple. She certainly showed her feelings enough times. Again Ash was more into the Pokemon battles. Being geared for a younger audience I can see why the writers might not have wanted to focus on relationships I'm still hoping that Ash gets the girl. 😀

I'm still rooting for Ash and Misty after all this time. Seeing as they spent the most time together on several adventures.  

ChaosKnights

ChaosKnights

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:43 pm
angelmage99
Oh. Man. Let me think.

Otherwise most of my pairings characters do end up working out and I'm not just talking about the ones that are super clear from the start. Like I shipped Ichigo and Orihime from Bleach together (though I do wish that relationship was developed a bit more).

Really liked that Ichigo and Orihime got together. But like you said, would've been great if Kubo had the time to build up to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:52 pm
Another couple that I had hope for was Sakura and Sasuke on the original Naruto series. She tried so hard to get something going. Then in Boroto / Naruto Shippuden they finally get together and even have a child, Sarada.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:26 am
smithers456
Another couple that I had hope for was Sakura and Sasuke on the original Naruto series. She tried so hard to get something going. Then in Boroto / Naruto Shippuden they finally get together and even have a child, Sarada.

Part of me hopes they have another kid. I just feel that family isn't completed.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:30 am
ChaosKnights
angelmage99
Oh. Man. Let me think.

Really liked that Ichigo and Orihime got together. But like you said, would've been great if Kubo had the time to build up to it.

Yeah, like my only tip off that they were going to get together was all the way at the beginning. Kubo mentioned a lot of similarities they had. Mostly their hair.

I honestly saw the Rukia/Renji pairing too. That was another relation needed to be developed. For me my tip off was the 'Childhood friends' trope.

Also third on the Ash/Misty pairing.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 pm
angelmage99
smithers456

Part of me hopes they have another kid. I just feel that family isn't completed.

I have a feeling that Sakura / Sasuke will have another kid. They need to keep the family line and traits going.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:23 am
smithers456
angelmage99
smithers456

I have a feeling that Sakura / Sasuke will have another kid. They need to keep the family line and traits going.

To be fair I think Boruto and Sarada will end up together. they're very complementary of each other. They pretty much switch the roles of their fathers.  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

ChaosKnights

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:44 pm
angelmage99

To be fair I think Boruto and Sarada will end up together. they're very complementary of each other. They pretty much switch the roles of their fathers.

It makes me curious what their supposed kid would be like as the child would share the blood line of all their major ancestors.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:05 pm
angelmage99
smithers456
angelmage99
smithers456

i agree. Sarada and Boruto would work out. Also I think that if they had a kid he or she could have enough talent to become a future Hokage  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:10 am
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

It makes me curious what their supposed kid would be like as the child would share the blood line of all their major ancestors.

Part of me doesn't want to know. That could mean another series again.  
Convention Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games