Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:12 am
Mene
Alborada, perhaps against her better judgment, had invited her brother over for coffee. Things were getting more serious between her and Sven, and it was probably time to start letting people know. She knew how Rho could be a little....dramatic, so she was prepared for whatever reaction he was gonna have.

Her alcove was just-so, as usual, with a little coffee service set up at her small table which seated only two. The coffee was brewed and ready to go. Hopefully he would get here before it got cold. She also had a small jug of goat milk and a few lumps of sugar.

Dai
It had been a helluva while since Rho was last INVITED to his sister's place, so whatever she wanted to hang and chat about was sus af. He'd tried to tease a topic outta his bro Mena - he probably spoke with his sister more than him these days - but nothing. Either he didn't know, or he'd been told to keep quiet.

Even more sus.

Hands crossed over his impeccable, well, pecs, he stared at the door to her alcove before giving it a firm 2 knocks. She'd said something about coffee, so he'd gotten Tirzah to loan him some of her Breeheart cookie stash. Only cost him a promise to pay her back 'and then some,' whatever that entailed. Hopefully what that entailed was her tail. Heh.

Mene
Ah, that'd be him. Alba opened the door and smiled, which usually would also have been suspicious for her. But today she had a bit of a glow about her. "Hey Rho," she said, opening the door wider. "C'mon in. Coffee's hot."

Everything was neat as a pin, of course. Everything put away or in its place. The only thing really "out" besides the coffee was a large quilt, clearly still in progress, which was draped over the foot of her bed.

Dai
Oh, she was smiling? Extra sus. She always had something she was planning when she smiled at him like that. Also she always had a bit of a glow to her since her hair, like, literally glowed. He uncrossed his arms go over a wave and a "Yo!" To her invitation in.

Following her directive, he glanced around. "Looks the same as usual..." He said softly. Extra sus. He didn't comment on the quilt cause quite frankly he didn't care. Raising up the little bag, he added, "I brought some cookies, Tirzah says they're hella good if ya want any"

Mene
Alba had begun to pour the coffee and paused. "Tirzah?" She inquired, raising an eyebrow and putting one hand on her hip. "Surely not the same Tirzah you brought to my doorstep for soap all those weeks ago." He couldn't possibly have been seeing the same girl for this long. Hell would have frozen over first.

She would take those cookies, though.

Dai
Rho tilted his head in unison, almost comedically so. "Yeah, same one. She's got her own place and works in the Branches now. I thought she woulda, like, come by to thank you or some s**t for the soap." He didn't think anything about their relationship at this point, but had he ever actually told anyone about it........? Maybe? No?

"Look, if you don't want the cookies you can just say so." He made himself comfortable in the chair. "Oh, can I get two sugars in mine?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:13 am
Mene
"Of course she did, she isn't an animal," said Alba, sitting down. "I'm just surprised that you've been seeing the same girl for so long. Doesn't seem your style." She was feeling incredibly smug suddenly, apparently she wasn't the only one who had been busy over the last few months. She nudged the plate with sugar toward Rho and then poured some milk in her own coffee. "Help yourself," she said, and added one lump to her own.

"Must be something real special about this girl," she said, stirring her coffee and looking at him expectantly.

Dai
Rho leaned back in his chair and shrugged - what did she know about his style? He was feeling a touch defensive seeing that smug-a** look on her face that she couldn't -quite- keep from showing. "Thanks." He added the sugar to his cup and took a sip. "Where'd you manage to get coffee anyways?"

Rho nodded in agreement, his own smugness popping up. "Haven't you seen those legs? Or her back? Hell yeah that's special." She was just so damn toned in the best ways - with -just- enough meat on her for him to grab..... He took a sip and suddenly felt a bit bad for only talking about her physique. Bad habit? "And she's hella nice too."

Mene
"Nice save," she said with a laugh, leaning back into her chair and taking a sip of her coffee. She crossed one leg over the other and raised an eyebrow. "Turns out you're not the only one with a friend in the kitchen," she responded regarding the coffee. She'd actually traded some mending work for it but this was funnier.

"Good for you, finding a girl who can keep up with you," added Alba, slightly more genuinely.

Dai
"I mean, duh? You chat with Mena too." He wasn't sure if that would qualify as a friend, but guess so? Oh right.... He moved to place the cookies in the middle of the table and featured for her to have some if she wanted.

He was tempted to say something snarky back, but instead shrugged. "Thanks." He sipped on the coffee some more, wondering if that was what this was about

Mene
"I mean, not really," she said, taking another sip. "I have a different.....friend...." She couldn't help but blush thinking of Sven. Then she made a little cough and sat up straighter. "We've been spending a lot of time together..."

Dai
Rho raised an eyebrow as he sipped, seeming to think a moment before a smug sort of grin tickled his lips. "Well I'll be damned, did you finally find someone? Oh WAIT! Don't tell me. Is it that coworker that Mena was tryna set you up with?" He reached over to pick up a cookie in all his righteousness because OF COURSE he guessed right.

Huh, this cookie was pretty good.

Mene
Alba wanted to be grumpy that he'd known already, or had at least guessed correctly, but she just couldn't. She was too happy. Barely holding herself together she took a cookie and ate it, and when she was finished, she calmly set her coffee down on the table and put her forearms together, fists tucked under her chin, and broke out in a wide grin. "Yes and, oh Laisidhiel, it's the best!" she squealed.

Dai
Rho just quietly watched as his sister seemed to go through her thoughts, face no less smug, and took another sip of his coffee. The smugness warmed a bit as she smiled. For all they needled at each other, his sister was still an important part of his life. He was happy to see her so clearly happy. "Well good for you. Just let me know if I ever need to kick his a**, aight?"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:34 pm
Mene
Alba laughed and shook her head, curls bouncing. "I doubt it, but thanks." She picked up her cup again and relaxed back into her chair. "His name's Sven. He's..." she sighed dreamily. "He's got the same dry sense of humor as me, and he's very thoughtful and meticulous, which you know I appreciate, and he always says what he means and means what he says. Plus he keeps making me desserts."

Dai
"Sven... Sven... Yeah, I dunno the guy." He'd be remembering it now though. Rho was tempted to imply that the guy must also have a bit a nasty streak to him - a bit of needling towards his sister - but he just couldn't bring himself to tease her about it when she looked this happy. Instead he chose a different route. "Be careful with all those desserts - it'll give you all the worst sort of gains."

Mene
Alba chuckled and made a dismissive hand gesture. "I'll just have to walk more," she said.

Taking another sip of coffee, she gestured toward Rho. "And what about you? Tirzah must be a hell of a girl. Seems like things are getting serious...?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:33 pm
Dai
Nodded in agreement, "Yeah, she's a helluva girl. The fact she can work in the branches without any fear of falling? Mind. Blowing." Plus she still tickled his daemon kink while being faun enough for there to be no issue with her living here... not that he'd ever say so out loud.

A shrug. "I don't think so? We're just taking the days as they come. No plans to like, ******** if I know, move in together or anything."

Mene
"Mm," said Alba with an annoying smile and raised eyebrows. "Always good to take things one day at a time. Never know what'll happen."

Then, preferring not to discuss her brother's romantic life further, Alba changed the subject: "How are mom and dad?" He certainly saw them more than she did.

Dai
Rho furrowed his brows and slightly poured in an almost-uncharictaristic manner and had opened his mouth to say something, anything, to snip back before he was cut off. So instead he sulked as he polished off his coffee (now considerably sweeter than at first cause Laisidhiel knows he didn't do a proper mix of it) and shrugged.

"I mean, same old same old? Mom's just as mopey and hella passive-aggressive about her work as usual. You'd think she'd just change jobs if she hates it so much." He'd make a joke about her getting off to disliking it if it wasn't about their actual mother. "Dad comes down to help on busier days but... I dunno. It's weird, and it might just be me, but I can't ever seem to tell what he's actually feeling. Like he's smiling and s**t, but... Dunno. It's kinda sus."

"You got any coffee left by the way?"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:00 am
Mene
Alba nodded and refilled his cup as he spoke. "I also find it odd how mom seems determined to keep doing work she hates. I mean, I was obviously ill-suited to field work too so I friggin' left." And now look where she was. A skilled artisan! "Wonder if she knows changing jobs is an option." Alba finished her own coffee and refilled her cup as well. She wasn't sure what to say about their father; she wasn't particularly close to either of their parents as an adult. She did spend a fair amount of time with their grandmother, though.

Dai
Rho reached over to add more sugar as he nodded. "I mean, she should? I don't think mom's that stupid... or stubborn? Dunno. And honestly, not my problem. It's like how I tried to get Tirzah to switch to workin on the ground with me and she's still up in the Branches." A shrug. "Can only do so much."

Mene
Alba and Rho continued to make sometimes-pleasant-sometimes-needling conversation with one another until both their cups were empty. Rho took his cue to depart as Alba began to tidy the coffee service away, and she walked him to the door. "Thanks for coming," she said, offering a smile. "It's nice to catch up once in a while."

Dai
Rather pleased with their conversations, Rho offered his sis a thumbs up as he headed over to the door. "Don't mention it. Next time I'll bring Tirzah if that's cool, yeah?" After her response, he waved before heading off on his way.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games