Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
Rediscovery of Heiwana Mountain; The Start of a Journey Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkMockingbird
Crew

8,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:13 pm
User Image
Himitsu Uchiha
One-Tomoe Sharingan: |Inactive|
|Fire|Wind|Lightning|Earth|Water|

Nervous and excited, Himitsu approached the entrance of the Hokage's Office and made his way directly to the reception desk. He checked in, relatively early for his meeting with the Hokage. He'd spent the last month doing research into old myths and legends regarding a lost mountain. He's originally been looking into another matter related to his squad's last big mission, but he'd been sidetracked by the stories of shinobi who had harnessed the powers of bears, much like modern shinobi do with various other animals. They were few and far between, but they were interesting nonetheless. Each of them mentions a mountain the shinobi ventured to and trained upon, and although few name it, the descriptions of all are almost identical. Today, he'd come to present his research to the Hokage and request resources for an expedition in search of that lost mountain.

With his bag over his shoulder full of scrolls and books he'd combed over and tabulated in order to find the important bits he needed without spending an hour boring the village's leader with stories and nonsense. When he was waved up, he readjusted his bag on his shoulder, and headed up the stairs. The door was open slightly, so he knocked lightly before pushing it open and entering. "Hello, Lady Hokage. Thank you for seeing me today." He bowed and smiled slightly, trying to convince himself he wasn't nervous and failing miserably. "If I may, I'd like to bore you a bit before I get to my reason for requesting a meeting today. For the past month or so, I've been looking a lot into old stories about powerful shinobi that utilize bears to their benefit. Sure, summoning and taming bears is nothing outlandish or even terribly uncommon, but these are stories of bear masters. The term never comes up directly, but I think these were Bear Sages, which is a topic I couldn't find any real, notable material on, modern or ancient."

Nervous and stomach fluttering, Himitsu paused for moment with the hope he'd at least caught some of Sadayo's interest. The boy took a slow breath and continued once more. "What I've done with these stories in that time, is assign them to an... admittedly loose... timeline throughout history. This gave me a good time period to search for things within other records. With that, I was able to find more texts for reference and refine the details of the mountain all of these 'Masters' trained at to get their strength. I figured if the description of the mountain matched, then their journey must've matched too." Once again he calmed his nerves and took a few breaths before making his request. "Month-long story short; I believe the mountain is real. I believe it may be the lost Sage Lands of the Bears. and I believe I know where it is. I'd like to request permission to check my theory, and take a team to the region I believe the mountain to be."

S-Rank || Ninjutsu-Bukijutsu || Chunin
Chakra: 1,800/1,800 || Stamina: 1,800/1,800

Stats
┌───────────────────────────────────────┐
+0 Strength || +1 Speed || +2 Agility || +0 Endurance
└───────────────────────────────────────┘

❃Shinobi Missions Complete❃
D Rank | 10
C Rank | 4
B Rank | 0
A Rank | 0
S Rank | 0
S+ Rank | 1

Ryo: 両76,450 [-250]
XP: 7,820
Passive XP: 55

Techniques Used:
-None

Current Status Effects:
-None

Current Active Techniques:
-None

Modifiers:
• Those with Ninjutsu class as a single class, may apply a weaker form of Elemental Status appropriate to the element used to all Base Elemental Ninjutsu. If single classed, use the following scale: Tier 1 E-C | Tier 2 B-S
• The Elementalist's wide understanding of the elements reduces the cost of their elemental ninjutsu by [1] whole rank without losing their potency but elemental ninjutsu cannot be lowered in cost beyond this
• Burn will cruelly apply at [1] tier higher than the rank of the technique at a maximum of the fourth tier on contact.

Passives:
Flame-Resistance Technique [ Bounetsu no Jutsu ] | Rank E | Passive
This is a passive Jutsu that is the first in two steps to protect the user from damaging themselves with their very own techniques. Those practicing Katon must learn this technique or take E Ranked fire damage when utilizing katon techniques.
Fireproof Technique [ Taika no Jutsu ] | Rank C | Passive
After learning the Fire Resistance Technique, the user's mastery over self protection from their own element has become more refined. By passively circulating chakra over their skin, they are able to negate burns upon their own body. Additionally, the user is able to increase the chakra circulating their body to match the rank and potency of a fire based technique directly impacting them in order to nullify that technique. This can be done for no activation cost once every three posts.
Electrical Resistance Training [ Teikou no Kuntou ] | Rank E | Passive
This is a passive technique that is the first in two steps to protect the user from damaging themselves with their very own techniques. Those practicing Raiton must learn this technique or take E Ranked shock damage when utilizing raiton techniques.

Personal Attributes:
"Remember, keep QUIET." | When channeling chakra to a body part for purely-mobility purposes, Himitsu is able to manipulate it as wind chakra in order to mute the sounds of the motions (clothes shifting, footsteps, rocks shifting underfoot, etc.). Indirect sounds (falling branches, tumbling rocks, kicking up leaves, etc.) are not affected by this.
"...with one hand behind my back!" | Jutsu can be performed with one-handed seals.
Illusory Prowess | This attribute allows any and all genjutsu to be cast through eye contact with the Uchiha. In addition, the genjutsu cast in this manner have the sight sense added to them at C Rank body. At S Rank body, the user's genjutsu are given the chakra sense. Also, mental stress or insanity can be added to any genjutsu cast through eye contact for an additional fifty percent chakra cost.
Melee Prodigy | The user obtains a [1] point increase to agility while their sharingan is active for each body rank they have obtained. In addition, the user's first physical offensive activation every three posts gains a [1] point increase to speed per rank of their body, also requiring the eyes to be active.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:25 pm
DarkMockingbird

Sage lands? Apparently word hadn’t gotten around that Sadayo’s personal interest in meddling with the sacred homelands of otherworldly animals was excruciatingly low. The saving grace being the lands this guest described were so well hidden. Likewise, she couldn’t recall recent references confirming any Bear tribe in Intelligence records. If a lack of records was the case, imagine the possibilities of discovery with something other than bears. Himitsu had put all the work and it wasn’t a total waste of an idea to gather some new material.

On the outside, Sadayo managed to pull off some illusion that she was paying attention. Honest and true. She had really phased in and out- which was most uncertainly unlike her- but retained the most from someone who was talking directly in front of her desk. As he concluded, Sadayo briefly remained quiet with her thoughts. Her sights shifting one way, then the other, amidst weighing the options until making eye contact. STOMP!
Sadayo pounded one boot to the floor behind her desk and leaned forward in her chair. The woman’s expression was lacking in everything but reserved neutrality. ”Okay.”

That was it.
She leaned forward, scooped her bag off the floor, and stood. ”Get your map, your notes, and let’s go.”
It wasn’t a joke. She had more than one reason to go, not that it was presently Himitsu’s business, despite how unusual the matter of a leader chasing a daydream sounded.

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

DarkMockingbird
Crew

8,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:24 pm
User Image
Himitsu Uchiha

STOMP!

The sudden noise caused Himitsu to flinch slightly, his eyes blinking rapidly for a second in surprise. Sadayo gave an affirmative response, which calmed his nerves considerably. He let out a breath that he hadn't noticed he'd been holding as relief spread down his spine. It stopped when Sadayo rose, collected her things, and seemed to be ready to head out with him. "Oh. OH! Okay, yeah! Thank you! We won't need most of this, so I'll need to run home and drop it off, and grab a couple things while I'm there. We'll be heading pretty far north, so we'll need to prepare for the cold. I can be at the gates and ready to leave in ten minutes!" Nervous and excited he quickly headed out of the office, breaking into a full sprint as he exited the building.

Upon arriving home, Himitsu nearly knocked the door from its frame as he burst through the door. He gave his mother a quick summary of what happened with the Hokage as he tucked his bag into his room and gathered his things. The few books he might need he grabbed from his satchel and tossed into his backpack, along with a couple extra sets of clothes. On his way out, he gave his mom a hug, then blasted off towards the village gates at full speed. As promised he arrived at the gates, gear in tow, in less than ten minutes. Once he'd spotted Sadayo, he approached with a wide smile despite the wriggling feeling in his guts. "Sorry about that. I'm not sure I was prepared to even get permission to go, let alone head out right away." A small, slightly embarrassed laugh escaped him as he admitted his lapse of confidence. "So... Is anyone I know going to be joining us?"

Stats

D Rank | 10
C Rank | 4
B Rank | 0
A Rank | 0
S Rank | 0
S+ Rank | 1

Techniques Used:
-None

Current Status Effects:
-None

-None

Modifiers:
• Those with Ninjutsu class as a single class, may apply a weaker form of Elemental Status appropriate to the element used to all Base Elemental Ninjutsu. If single classed, use the following scale: Tier 1 E-C | Tier 2 B-S
• The Elementalist's wide understanding of the elements reduces the cost of their elemental ninjutsu by [1] whole rank without losing their potency but elemental ninjutsu cannot be lowered in cost beyond this
• Burn will cruelly apply at [1] tier higher than the rank of the technique at a maximum of the fourth tier on contact.

Passives:
This is a passive Jutsu that is the first in two steps to protect the user from damaging themselves with their very own techniques. Those practicing Katon must learn this technique or take E Ranked fire damage when utilizing katon techniques.
After learning the Fire Resistance Technique, the user's mastery over self protection from their own element has become more refined. By passively circulating chakra over their skin, they are able to negate burns upon their own body. Additionally, the user is able to increase the chakra circulating their body to match the rank and potency of a fire based technique directly impacting them in order to nullify that technique. This can be done for no activation cost once every three posts.
This is a passive technique that is the first in two steps to protect the user from damaging themselves with their very own techniques. Those practicing Raiton must learn this technique or take E Ranked shock damage when utilizing raiton techniques.

Personal Attributes:
"Remember, keep QUIET." | When channeling chakra to a body part for purely-mobility purposes, Himitsu is able to manipulate it as wind chakra in order to mute the sounds of the motions (clothes shifting, footsteps, rocks shifting underfoot, etc.). Indirect sounds (falling branches, tumbling rocks, kicking up leaves, etc.) are not affected by this.
"...with one hand behind my back!" | Jutsu can be performed with one-handed seals.
Illusory Prowess | This attribute allows any and all genjutsu to be cast through eye contact with the Uchiha. In addition, the genjutsu cast in this manner have the sight sense added to them at C Rank body. At S Rank body, the user's genjutsu are given the chakra sense. Also, mental stress or insanity can be added to any genjutsu cast through eye contact for an additional fifty percent chakra cost.
Melee Prodigy | The user obtains a [1] point increase to agility while their sharingan is active for each body rank they have obtained. In addition, the user's first physical offensive activation every three posts gains a [1] point increase to speed per rank of their body, also requiring the eyes to be active.

Hurrak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:40 pm
DarkMockingbird

Himitsu’s diligence revealed that a northward journey was ahead of them. North enough the weather might change some. In her head, Sadayo was stringing a brief checklist together: juggling estimated timelines, taking mental tallies of what she had on hand, and what she needed to get. Against a limit of ten minutes she would have to be quick to gather any out of place belongings. Very quick.
Presently, she was minding the top of her hands. The woman seemed more interested in the status of her fingernails and uncommonly pinkened hands as a tall, white, unusual figure draped in a sheet whisked into sight, passed Sadayo a handle attached to one dangling box which she accepted right before the figure erupted into smoke. Poof! Gone! Himitsu was greeting her by then with an insightful introduction which Sadayo let down her empty facade for. A look on her face that probably looked conventional for someone seeking to be pleasant. ”I’d be in disbelief if I were in your shoes. Your request came out of the blue yet you had good timing for your request.”
Will anyone he knew be joining them? Her reply came as a quick
“no.” Followed up with a curl of her mouth putting on a sprightly, toothy smile. ”Just me!” Sadayo could only assume the young man sought more company in his journey. Two people didn’t exactly mean a crowd would be ready to back him up. She motioned for Himitsu to lead the way from the gates and she’d turn on the heel of her boot scraping the ground and bits of gravel beneath.
There was one detail she couldn’t recall (as she was zoning and out of his discussion about bears previously) was that he didn’t mention ”what brought this interest up in… bears? It was bears, right?

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

DarkMockingbird
Crew

8,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:43 pm
User Image
Himitsu Uchiha

When Sadayo gave him the signal to head out, Himitsu quickly shuffled on ahead and adjusted his backpack a final time as they left the gates. The chunin was surprised to hear from his Hokage that nobody else would be joining them on their trip. "I guess we don't really need the extra strength considering it's Lady Sadayo." Her question made him pause for a moment as he considered his answer. "Well, I was originally trying to find any information I could on that weird relic and room that our team found on a recent mission, but somewhere along the line I sort of just found myself drawn into the stories. It really started out as a whimsical 'wouldn't it be cool if...?' thought, but the more I read through them, the more things seemed to line up with each other. It's all worked out too smoothly to be coincidence." For a moment Himitsu paused, and walked along in silence. The reality that he'd not only been granted his request, but that the Hokage herself decided to accompany him.

In an effort to relax himself, he took a slow breath and spoke again. "I'd be lying if I said my biggest interest in actually finding this place wasn't selfish, but there are other reasons. Pride and confidence in my own research are huge, to be honest. But over that, I've seen the potential that comes from contracting yourself to nature. Since that whole mess in the market last month though, I've decided to step away from the Uchiha's and their patrons' ideals. So no "crow powers" for me... It just seems like everything they do to be better, just hurts the people close to them..." Himitsu stopped once again, this time to blink back tears before he embarrassed himself in front of his Hokage. It'd been a few weeks, but the feelings about the issue in the markets were still tender, and his back still ached occasionally from the fall he'd taken during it. Thinking about it made it pulse with pain a few times before it subsided and brought Himitsu back into the moment. "Umm.. I'm sorry to ask, and please don't misunderstand, I'm extremely grateful... But why did you choose to come with me? I'd never have dreamt of getting to travel with the Hokage, let alone on an amateur academic's research trip."

Stats

D Rank | 10
C Rank | 4
B Rank | 0
A Rank | 0
S Rank | 0
S+ Rank | 1

Techniques Used:
-None

Current Status Effects:
-None

-None

Modifiers:

Passives:

Personal Attributes:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:18 pm
DarkMockingbird

“All work and no play sucks the soul dry.” Sadayo’s reply to his eventual question came on a lighter note. Rather than magic or intuition, but attention to detail had Sadayo just gripping a discernible trace of his troubles. This “mess” at the market took a toll on the boy but she couldn’t estimate what degree. She curled her mouth again into a wide, cheeky grin with what was soft-peddled wisdom. The sentiment of just indulging herself on a stroke of boredom was… not exactly the truth and wedging in weak, witty remarks was how she began before something of a longing sigh escaped her. Treating Himitsu like he wasn’t a strange boy was refreshing, no doubt. He was getting some unusual side of Sadayo; only people on a first-name basis were prone to receive. Just how far her reputation of being a hard-nosed, straight-faced spook stretched was a question Sadayo was not going to bother finding out. The grin on her face faded. “To give you the somewhat long answer, we inhabit a region that is immensely diverse in biomes. We’ve got here, the desert, head north or south and look in the right place and it’s mountains, snow, and the coast on both ends. Plant species I’ve only read about which might take a lifetime to take in.” Sadayo’s answer lulled briefly when her attention curved and stare turned to take in the sight behind her. Behind, she could take in just a stark fraction of a green mountain ridge and the borders defining something, some place, that needed her. Being out here was surreal. Almost dreamlike. Here she was just barely scuffing a surface on some personal thought purely surplus to someone like Himitsu. Before too long, Sadayo’s attention revolved back slowly. The lengthy pull of her muscles, soundly twisting her body, triggered a pulsating pain among a few cracked ribs. Keeping a grip on the conversation wasn’t easy and she carried ” To help the village I h-handed over the luxury of travel f-five years ago.” This was the truth, at least, but lacking in some detail. “Even still, I don’t have the opportunity to just detach and explore. I have enough responsibilities that have all glued me into one spot.” A candid noise of disinterest slipped into her tone of voice, ” the odds of being able to step past village borders on a pleasant note feel like a screaming anomaly that doesn’t come up often. ” Her responsibilities increased, if not doubled, just a little more than a month ago.
“All things considered,” she shrugged. Both the sour note of being pinned by profession and pangs of pain were dulling. “ Hidden animal territories are as much a part of this continent as anything else but special considering their inhabitants. I don’t see much of those either. If some leafy or flowering cropping out of sage land soil doesn’t try to kill me I want to know about it.” she feels inclined to laugh, but a sting of pain in her chest stunts the will to laugh. “Maybe snip a sample or two.” Or a dozen. ”Think about it for a second. It’s neat, actually. How often do you stop and reflect on a thought that’s ultimately gotten you this far? And I mean thinking about a good thought.”

”Something interesting that you’ve grabbed, chased, and suddenly found yourself doing something out of your comfort zone. Like arranging a hanging garden in a dreary office room,” although the hokage’s office lacked any hanging gardens worth noting. “Or looking for something no one has seen in a hundred or so years and join the Uchiha who’ve gotten along just fine without “crow powers”.” Sadayo even looked quite proud of herself saying this. In the wake of the aftermath of one misfortune attack at Takijinsei, Sadayo finally had regained some puff of ponytails to joggle and waggle. Smaller ponytails, however, but still puffier and more animated than the average hair-do.
“They’re out there. I know for a fact.”

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

DarkMockingbird
Crew

8,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:20 pm
User Image
Himitsu Uchiha

As they travelled, Himitsu listened silently as his Hokage spoke to him. She spoke openly, and in a manner that he hadn't experienced before. Sadayo wasn't necessarily always a hard-a** business-only government official, but he'd never seen her speak so candidly. Here and there she seemed to stumble on a word or two, which Himitsu noticed but remained silent about. The imagery of mentioning it only to be informed the kage had always had a natural stutter came to mind quickly, and was not a pleasant thought. He pushed it from his mind as she continued to speak. When she asked about his reflections on the good things he'd experienced in his life, he felt almost guilty for moping about for as long as he had recently. It hadled to something positive though, as Sadayo pointed out. Finally she mentioned other Uchiha had forgone the contracts of the crows, an idea that helped to make him feel at least a little less lonely. Although he'd stepped away from his family, there might still be family out there for him that understood his feelings. Maybe one day they could cooperate and forge a new path for the Uchiha, or design a branch family that doesn't hide in the dark.

It was quiet for a moment while the pair moved along, as Himitsu thought on Sadayo's words. Painfully aware of the silence, Himitsu spoke again. "It's nice to know I'm not completely insane, if there are other's other there that have left the crows as well." The reassurance felt good to acknowledge out loud, and a smile breeched his face for a moment. It faltered as he considered her previous mention however. "I imagine that must be difficult, having a passion that motivates you to adventure, but a position that requires you to stay within walls... I didn't realize you were such an herbalist, Lady Hokage. If I'm honest, ma'am, I don't know much about you outside of your puppet mastery and that I never want to make you mad." It was embarrassing to admit to such an important person that he didn't really know about them, but he felt better admitting ignorance than pretending to know more than he did.

Stats

D Rank | 10
C Rank | 4
B Rank | 0
A Rank | 0
S Rank | 0
S+ Rank | 1

Techniques Used:
-None

Current Status Effects:
-None

-None

Modifiers:

Passives:

Personal Attributes:

Hurrak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:58 pm

Her reply was impulsive. A thought humming its way into sound swathed in a calm, hushed tone, “it’s really quite an experience being on the other end where you’re watching others have adventures.” If only Himitsu could see the summarized transient flicker of faces, voices, and unspoken thoughts Sadayo collected from years spent as an unobtrusive shadow and now as a pillar of something greater. It was a dreamy moment with her attention tangled up on the scene ahead. How many things changed exactly? Sadayo was bordering on the feeling more inclined to encase herself up from conversation. A chance bird passing ahead sparking the thought regarding any unwillingness to attempt idle chatter would make for an impolite journey. She snapped back. It wasn’t an ugly, mean snap but some proof she was still with Himitsu. Sadayo’s attention steering back to the last thing Himitsu said. “And I promise you’re not the only one to think that.” Her arms shuffling beneath the interior of her grey cape jostling the plum blossom print lining the bottom of her latest cape.

” It’s kind of comfortable that way, a little, to be a mystery. ” The cape ruffling and came to a calm. She was very much hugging her hidden injuries. “Nobody has information to use against me. It comes with some downsides, still. People tend to gossip to fill in the void of not knowing much about me.” She looked up to Himitsu briefly with a look that seemed less than content her present thought, ”but that’s just what people do. Say you see a man pick a woman up and chuck her onto his shoulder like she’s some slab of wild game?” She said, certain not to sound overly thrilled about the hypothetical woman being reduced to being carried like the day’s hunt. “Out of context, don’t you think there are all sorts of fun things to think about now? ” On this note, Sadayo returned her attention forward as would so casually mention another instance of her history, ”and then I’ve had others looking right at me but suddenly behave as if I never even existed. Or they never noticed me to begin with and I’m right there.” But, she smiled and warmly in light of the piteous comment as if trying to make little of it, “although that hasn’t happened in a long while.”
Her ponytails, in all of their subtly, ever bobbing along with her step, were beginning to slowly sink like trickling sand in an hourglass.
”In truth, not a lot of people think to ask me what Sadayo is outside of puppetry and spooky stares. Meetings are often brief. Too formal.”
”As well as I don’t generally spring to offer more information than that. Puppetry and cold hard looks.
Sadayo spoke slowly, steadily, as if this were almost a rehearsed line, retold from some point in history as the best means to start with. It was weird, still, opting to at least try to talk freely to a boy she didn’t know. Her hair had suddenly stopped sinking as well. Stiffening in place, instead, like uncooked boxed pasta. “Now, I had to pick up botany to advance myself in other devices…” Avoiding specific details didn’t have to be approached like an advanced social artform. ”And getting better meant I had to put up with my father, A smile rose and receded. A wisp of her breath puffed through her nose. Like a laugh. She has a dad and she was talking about him, ”who wanted to make sure I could mix up a decent burn remedy or an antiseptic with that herbal knowledge.”

Ooc: super weird time to establish her appearance, but better late than never. Temporary link in spoiler.

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

DarkMockingbird
Crew

8,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:01 pm
User Image
Himitsu Uchiha
Two-Tomoe Sharingan: |Inactive|

Himitsu moved along quietly as Sadayo spoke, giving him a tiny window of insight into her life as Hokage. She mentioned comfort, but to the younger of the pair, "That sounds sort of... lonely." The words were soft; not accusatory or pitying, just an accidental slip of thought. Not even aware of his own slip, he listened on. As the Hokage painted images for him in his mind, he couldn't help but flush slightly at her first example. Immediately his teenage brain did start finding fun things to think about. Sadayo's words filtered through his mind a few times, processing in the background for a moment as he watched her hair bounce about behind her as they travelled. Every few times they were disturbed, they sunk a little lower than before. When he caught himself noticing things about her appearance besides her hair, he reigned himself in and let the words in his head finally register. Given his own recent distraction and his inability to picture Sadayo as anyone but the Hokage, it surprised him to hear that she'd ever really gone unnoticed. Or rather, that she'd done so unintentionally.

By now the pair had made significant progress for their journey's beginning, and the sun was starting to sink. Shadows deepened and stretched across the road, and the chirping of crickets occasionally crept over the sound of Sadayo's voice. She'd mentioned her botanical interests once more, but she'd also mentioned her father. Family wasn't a topic that came up much around Himi, outside of clan politics and similar nonsense. It drew his eyes back to Sadayo again, and he noticed the slight shift in tone as she rounded off her statement about her parent, as well as the care she was taking of her side. He was itching to ask about it, but he suspected the answer about an injury couldn't compare to learning about the Hokage in her own words. "Did... did you guys get along? You and your daaaaAAAAaaad?" Himitsu stretched his last word as he planted his foot strangely and sent a shock up his back. Embarrassment flushed his face as he just barely managed to keep his pace and continue moving for just a moment. "I'm sorry ma'am, but would you mind us stopping for camp soon? I know there's still some usable light left, but I'm afraid my back issue still needs a bit more rest from me than I'd hoped. It won't cause us a significant delay on this expedition though, I promise."

With Sadayo's go ahead, the pair slowed their advance and picked out an area to camp for the night. Himitsu worked quietly to assemble his tent, prep a campfire, and lay out his cooking gear. Just before the sun fully sank beneath the horizon, Himitsu lit the fire, and put on a pot of water to boil. Wanting to be prepared for a couple easy meals to save time their first few days, Himitsu pulled out a few packs of instant ramen and set them aside. Next came a bag of a few vegetables, some soy sauce, and a container filled with cotton and eggs. He removed the cotton from the container, stuffing that in a pocket for the time being, and began slicing the carrots up and dropping them into the container. Humming to himself as he worked on making dinner, Himitsu got lost in his head for a while. It wasn't until he was offering Sadayo a bowl that he spoke again. "Sorry, I cooking's kind of my thing. I zone out pretty bad. Anyway, here! I promise you, this is the best gourmet instant ramen ever made in a shinobi mission camp!" The boy smiled through his apology, then took a seat to eat his own bowl. Of course it would have been even better yet with some meat, but that was an improvement to be made another day. For now, he quietly sucked up a mouthful of noodles and enjoyed his cooking skills. It was definitely still cheap ramen, but it was goooood. Sadayo's words from earlier slipped into his mind again, 'In truth, not a lot of people think to ask me what Sadayo is outside of puppetry and spooky stares. Meetings are often brief. Too formal.' Himitsu spoke again, intentionally toeing the line a bit as he asked his question. "So.... Sadayo, you mentioned your father earlier, but we didn't really get to talk about it much. Were you close? Is he... still... around?" The boy stumbled over his last few words for a moment, realizing it might rude to just outright ask somebody if their parents are dead. He stuffed another bunch of noodles in his mouth and sheepishly awaited Sadayo's response.

Stats

D Rank | 10
C Rank | 4
B Rank | 0
A Rank | 0
S Rank | 0
S+ Rank | 1

Techniques Used:
-None

Current Status Effects:
-None

-None

Modifiers:

Passives:

Personal Attributes:

Hurrak

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:49 pm

“Oh,” Sadayo couldn’t completely hold back her surprise to hear Himitsu was fussing with his own injury. So young and already having to groan over the worst!“It’s fine, really.” She said carefully to assure her peace with his promise.
She was already pulling the strap of her belt for access to a supply bag behind her. “No rest for ambitious people, huh?” her sympathy sounding as a weary laughter. The look on her face souring for a second. ”It’s not- er- it wasn’t a serious injury was it?” If Himitsu was recovering too there may as well be an extra bear-sized weight of burden and worry piling itself on her mental notes. With luck, those same feelings won’t have to later translate into a formal apology to anyone waiting on Himitsu at home.

With daylight fading, Himitsu had apparently gone to work. Sadayo, meanwhile, carried on with the wonders of her supply bag. She withdrew a puffy bedroll she turned into her seat and a crinkled, paper bag noisily knocking around nuts and dried fruit. A no frills snack worthy of being deemed bland per a lack of chocolate chips! Between dried nuts and soupy noodles, Sadayo was invested in the clunky metal box some thing handed off to her earlier. She was palming metal, tinkling tools before setting them off to the side: short scissors, long scissors, tweezers, various pokey sticks, and a rolled up, bulky canvas sheet loaded with other tools. A small collection of tools was built at her knee with the exception of a bottle brush between her fingers; she made faces into the rest of the box. Sadayo spared the occasional glance to Himitsu, amidst some effort to look busy, as she examined dusty, capped vials.
Himitsu was busy too. Her frantic brushwork was plunging dirt loose in specimen vials while she tried to make sense of the boy’s progress. Ramen… in the wilderness. A fully cooked noodle meal in the wild wasn’t the most eccentric thing she has involved herself with. It’s almost too bad Himitsu didn’t have a full kitchen stored in his back pocket. Before long, he extended a bowl to her. “Alright,” she replied as she accepted the bowl. The corner of her mouth curled into a grin. “Don’t sweat it,” apologizing for a hobby was amusing, to say the least. Zoning out is usually a good sign of something going right, yeah?
Sadayo and her supply bag together performed another wonder of carry-on storage, this time, with collapsible chopsticks she twirled between fingers into working order. ”Beats dried apricots and nuts.”

With that, her dantiest of mealtime manners were put to the test with a bowl of noodles in the wild. There was no way her lip gloss would survive thebroth. Himitsu seemed content, she thought, as she thumbed a drop of noodle broth off her mouth. Probably pride and pleasure in his own cooking.

Of course, even with a mouthful of noodles, Himitsu’s question wasn’t lost on her. She nodded and shrugged. One hand held her bowl steady. “yeah, he’s still around.” She knew many couldn't say the same. It was a happy sentiment but any boasting tones were off the table.
”And I think we’re about as close as it's supposed to get as far as dad and daughters go.” Sadayo lowered her bowl, sights straying into Himitsu’s campfire.
“which I'm thankful for. Mom too. She’s around. " What was one more person who could learn something about her? If Sadayo suddenly dropped dead, most guests would find themselves paying their respects to a family many might only be able to recognize for the demi divine child surely consumed by her own tears in someone’s arms. Or, maybe, they wouldn’t recognize anyone at all?
It was a pause. She balanced both chopsticks over the bowl and pinned them under her thumb.
”I once went six months or so, completely separated, and under the belief they were gone. It wasn’t really a great experience."
Her sights wander back up to Himitsu. Something of a wearied, thoughtful smile curled on her cheek. The dramatics probably sounded outlandish. Any saner person may have tried to find peace by then.
“Then my first act when I was appointed advisor to Lahlil," more like had full oversight of all JUEI and EDA operatives." I chose to be very selfish and dispatched a tracker to find my family with hardly anything to work with outside the transformation technique."
The look on her face falling into place as some low end expression of embarrassment that had dealt with the assumption enough ridicule and pity was already, quietly, spent by her subordinates. "That was about six months after the founding at Takijinsei. I had a lot of distractions beforehand."
Laughing, only sparingly, about it now somewhat easier.
Then, she too, broke to shove another clump of warm noodles in her mouth. It felt so weird sharing that! When she had a second to speak, Sadayo tried posing a similar (but vague) question."How is, uhm, the Himitsu house?"

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

DarkMockingbird
Crew

8,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:27 pm
User Image
Himitsu Uchiha

Himitsu waved off Sadayo's concerns about his injury quickly. "Nonono, it's nothing severe. During that dustup in the markets last month, I took a pretty nasty fall and bruised up my back muscles real good. It's nothing severe or long-term, I've just gotta rehab the muscles some more. The trip will do me good. I just need to be sure to make the most of all our rest periods." He smiled and got to work on camp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doing his best not to 'slurp' his noodles, Himitsu listened intently as Sadayo spoke. Hearing that she seemed to be doing well with her parents, and especially that she still had them, made him happy and pulled a slight smile from him as he munched. It faltered as she spoke about losing them for a while, and he couldn't help but mentally put himself in her position. She explained how she'd dealt with it, but he lingered on how she said it; as if she felt guilty for it. He swallowed the mouthful of food he had before speaking. "You say that as if it's a bad thing, but... I think if most people were truly honest, they would've done the same thing if they could... I would have." He wiped his mouth clean, and spoke again. "My guess is if you cared enough to even use those resources, not doing so would've been worse, and for more people. I mean, who could focus like that...?" He wasn't sure why he felt like he needed to justify the Hokage's actions to herself, but he did so anyway before reminding himself of his place. He dropped his eyes to the fire and stuff his mouth once again, trying to make himself look smaller. He listened quietly, mouth shut, until she asked about his home.

"Oh, uh, well, it's just Mom and I. She should be getting home from the shop right about now, actually..." His attention drifted toward the rapidly dimming dusk sky, lingering for just a second or two before he looked back to Sadayo. "She runs one of the General Stores in the markets. Her and dad bought it out when they found out they were having me, so he could stop taking active missions when I was born." He paused and lifted the bowl to his mouth, drinking the bit of broth left over before placing the bowl at his feet and continuing. "At least, that was the plan I guess. The shop had barely been renovated when my dad's team got wiped out on a mission. From what I could find out it was pretty bad. Mom doesn't talk about it, and I wasn't even born for a couple months still." It was strange to talk about his family, outside well-wishes to and from his mom. Now that he'd started though, he felt nearly compelled to get it out. "Mom still misses him, but it's... I don't know, it's kind of whatever to me. Maybe that's bad, but I think it's hard to miss something you never had, you know? I'm sad he's not alive, because he sounded like a great person and obviously it'd make my mom happy for him to be around... But I don't resent growing up without a dad. I mean I'm far from the only one to grow up like that, and I didn't have to go through losing my parent. They just never got to be here to begin with. Plus..." The Uchiha gestured to the pot of ramen he'd made. "If dad had been around, I might not ever have learned to do this."

A sort of sad smile lingered on his face as he paused. "You know how many kids in Konoha learned how to kill another person before they learned to pack their own lunches? I get that's still a long haul from places like the Hidden Rain, but even you have to agree that's still a little dark, right?" Himi shook his head a little and moved on. "Anyway... with Mom busy at the shop, she had to teach me early how to do a lot of things early. It kept me out of the Academy longer than most kids, but I think that was always mom's plan anyway. Can't blame her, right?" He took a sip from his water, mouth dry from rambling and the insane amount of salt in the cheap noodles he'd prepared. "She worries, but I always promise her I'll do whatever it takes to get home. It's what she want to hear, but I do mean it. There's nothing on this planet stronger than my urge to go home after a mission, eat some junk food, hug my mom, and sleep in my own bed." The chunin tried to push some levity back into the camp, worried he might get emotional if he kept rambling on so seriously.

Stats

D Rank | 10
C Rank | 4
B Rank | 0
A Rank | 0
S Rank | 0
S+ Rank | 1

Techniques Used:
-None

Current Status Effects:
-None

-None

Modifiers:

Passives:

Personal Attributes:

Hurrak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:22 pm
DarkMockingbird

Himitsu’s remark was unlike those before. His attempt to alleviate guilt felt as if he may have been one unaccustomed to close, unwelcome scrutiny. It felt nice. His place in the village hierarchy likely kept him obscured and exposed to a certain kind of critique on his performances. “From a position of authority, there will be someone below accusing you of not showing the same compassion to the masses or using others to chase pipe dreams.”

What Himitsu described sounded like a cozy existence but one that Sadayo couldn’t imagine to its fullest. To have one parent fully missing from the equation was common but a foreign experience all the same. It sounded like a bittersweet story where someone was cradling the darling remnants of missing pieces and proving happiness could prevail. Cozy, in a weird, sad, and happy way. She couldn't prolong idle stares at him as he shared his story. The crackling flicker of firelight sufficed between quiet noodle sipping.
Nothing on this planet stronger than the urge to go home. “Nobody in our profession oughta’ argue with you there. If they’re gonna argue they’re either a masochist or miserable.”
It might have been the motivation to avoid perpetuating the somber tone of the subject that her words were just so free. It felt like a weight pressed itself inside her for being belligerent with her candid description. Sadayo then pressed her knuckle to her mouth. Regret present and plain.
“...granted that was incidentally the inappropriate way of saying that.” What came then was the short, sharp exhale of a would-be laugh. She shook her head, wincing through to an awkward smile for a second as she fumbled her fingers back into the groove of pushing noodles around. “Uhm. Anyhow,” Play it cool, she thought. I think your mom had the right idea, actually. It probably means more to her than you know if she knew you meant every promise to come back. Keeping you out of the line of fire so she can dote on you another day is a flavor sweeter than candy."
A tender bias honeyed by what Sadayo quietly underwent daily. A musing, soft look came to her expression in the firelight. Just briefly.
Before she gestured with a jab into the air. Now I didn’t bother with the academy until I was a teenager. And I turned out fine!” An air of confidence was filing in to deflate the awkward jab at the unhappy person. “Moms feel better at night when they know the baby is trying to run rampant onto dangerous roads. Even if they aren’t actual babies.” Confidence mellowing into something sounding warm instead as the sentiment of was just about worth being mushy over.
“She probably forgets you’re all grown up sometimes but I bet she feels better knowing just where you’re tucked in at night. Honestly. Train all you want but a child needs the chance to be a child. It’s cute when they’re kicking around in the air recreationally, though.”
It was a kindly thought to think their home was different than however the Rain Country was beginning to turn into. Historically, it didn’t appear to be the shining jewel of the neighboring empire. Some problems were tough to correct. As far as the topic of children went, notably, Satoshi was not one she wanted to think of.

Hurrak
Crew

Eternal Lop

DarkMockingbird
Crew

8,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2023 5:44 pm
User Image
Himitsu Uchiha

Himi couldn't help but smile at the Hokage as she spoke. She was far less terrifying than he'd built her up to be in his mind. He was certain she packed a punch, but she wasn't all doom, gloom, and espionage. All in all, it was nice to see she was still human after all. When she mentioned her own academy days, he perked up a bit. "Wait, really? That late? I guess that means I've still got a shot at the big leagues then." He smiled and let out a little chuckle. Sadayo continued, offering her perspective on how Himi's mom might feel. The way she spoke and phrased things, Himi couldn't help but become curious. "Do you have kids of your own, ma'am? The way you talk about mom feelings sounds pretty informed." His goofy grin returned as he leaned down to grab his empty dish. He started in on breaking down and cleaning up the cookware as he listened for Sadayo's response, occasionally making eye contact to affirm he was listening. The sun had long since set, and it was nearly time for bed, something Himi looked forward too nearly as much as the rest of their journey.

Stats

D Rank | 10
C Rank | 4
B Rank | 0
A Rank | 0
S Rank | 0
S+ Rank | 1

Techniques Used:
-None

Current Status Effects:
-None

-None

Modifiers:

Passives:

Personal Attributes:

Hurrak

◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces