Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Hatching] Sing Me Anything (Open) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:11 pm
Lusialu
And there it was.

The end of another Hatching, and a handful of Candidates paired off with their soulmates. It had been a good Hatching, certainly, and there had been minimal bloodshed compared to others she'd attended. Oranie had found hers, not even a foot away from where she'd stood--it had been a beautiful experience, certainly, but it had also left her heartsore and disappointed. When the last green had made her entrance, Lusialu had hoped like she had never hoped before--but it was all for naught.

To have expected it to have changed was foolish, and she did feel that it was getting harder and harder to hope. Perhaps this was what her mother had felt, the longer she stood and the older she became. Granted, Alusia had been Searched far older, being a Journeyman, but it had to have been difficult facing disappointment with every passing turn. Lusialu still had quite a few Hatchings to attend, which meant ample opportunities--but she was a gentle heart, layered on a growing pyre of envy. Alumet had Impressed around this age, and to beautiful Zenobiath. It had taken C'lusi a few Turns longer to find his perfect match, but neither had to be envious of the other. Yunara, Kinye, Elibrie, and now Oranie were all riders. She was happy for them, certainly--but things had changed.

Yunara, Elibrie and Kinye had their own lives now, and she felt more and more like she wasn't much a part of it. Soon they'd be graduated, with new wingmates, and duties, fighting Thread, and making real change. She'd still be in the Barracks, rolling bandages, running minimal errands and tasks, and repeating courses and lessons. As always, there would be new faces settling into the Barracks, empty cots that were once familiar would now hold strangers.

Change was inevitable--but deep in her hearts, she couldn't help but be thoroughly disappointed. Even Kahbrohm had managed to find His--and she couldn't help but remember their conversation ten months prior. His life had changed today, and she was happy for him--as a brown rider, she had no doubt it would open opportunity for him, and hopefully soothe his bitter hearts.

Maybe a dragon would soothe hers.... but then again, maybe that bitterness was what kept them away.

She wasn't sad, she wasn't angry, she was...tired. Once again, she'd smile, and try very hard to laugh, and pretend she was fine. But tonight, she just didn't have it in her. She would need to take a little time before she sought out Oranie, and hopefully got to meet her lovely white. No doubt Oranie would want Elibrie to know, so there was likely time. Time for her to change, time for her to put away her sandy robes, soothe her hearts, and smile until it felt genuine.

She would be happy for everyone--and was--but surely, no one would blame her for a little self-pity. Not every Hatching resulted in such disappointment, but every Hatching was different. Everything would feel difficult, for a while at least...but she'd adjust, with nary a complaint.

She always did, after all.

So it was, she made her way out of the Hatching Sands and back to the Barracks. She would admire and coo over the babies later that evening, after she'd rallied her spirits.

Melka
Another Hatching come and gone--and neither Melka nor her sister had found Theirs. Watching as the beauty of a green trotted off with her chosen, Melka gave a small crinkle of her nose before leaning against her sister. "A fitting end, but a shame Ours weren't in this group." Oh, she no doubt would wait as long as she had to--at least until she aged out--but she was most-eager to experience the thrill of Impression. Surely, it wasn't a personal short coming on her behalf, or Draza's for that matter--but she was getting a bit impatient. She wasn't used to being denied what she wanted, and unfortunately, there was no way for Draza to get her what she wanted, either.

Perhaps they would need to keep their options open.

"Shall I see you at the feast or do you have other plans? I've a new gown I'd like to wear--courtesy of a new friend." She mused with a cheeky grin. While there would certainly be some long faces the rest of the evening, Melka had no intention of being one of them. There was good food, dancing, and flirting to be had, and she had little intention of missing out on any of them. Besides, she did want to properly congratulate Nyara, if it were possible--Faranth knew the woman probably would be bombarded!

Even though this day hadn't gone quite to plan, she couldn't be too disappointed. There would be other chances for them both.

demon_pachabel
I do feel like that's a wrap, haha. Thanks for sister time!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:17 pm
Tyara of Blue Musaieth (Impression post)

Tyara was watching what was going on around the last egg, hoping the little green was alright. She was glad she had one of her green sisters and her bronze brother looking out for her. So if it was anything like her own family, the baby green should be okay. While she was distracted, she heard a voice enter her mind, posing a question to her.

Would you write yourself off so quickly, then? For one mistake? She looked around for the source of the voice, wondering who had been picking up on her earlier thoughts. She was sure it wasn't Mihrath, she knew what he sounded like. This was a new voice, but she wasn't sure whose. At least not until she saw a blue come strolling into her immediate view, which caused her to start a bit. Was he about to teach her a lesson, like his brother had done earlier? She braced herself, but the blue just came to sit in front of her, looking at her. Was he here for her brother, she wondered, she looked beside her to see if he could hear the blue too.

You shouldn't give in so easily, dearest. Marks or no, you're more than worthy of a dragon's notice--and I'll not hear any slander against you, either. The strength of the blue's words on that made her stare in surprise, why was he being so...protective of her? She felt the gentle touch of his mind against her own, there was something...comforting about it. Had she misjudged blues, based on how gentle this one was to her..she was beginning to think so. He actually thought she was worthy of a dragon to notice her, be didn't want to think negatively about herself..wait, how did she know that?

I knew Dastcalakith wouldn't hurt you deeply. Not in a way I couldn't fix. Her heart hammered in her chest as he spoke about how he had been sure his brother would not hurt her deeply, that he could fix it. Then she was surprised as she felt his head under her hand, the croon coming from him..was precious. Without thinking about it, she found herself stroking that head delicately, knowing he didn't fear her and he never would. Part of her mind said she should be afraid, but something about knowing he would do this on her terms..it was reassuring. Though fear did grip her, for another reason, picking up on the not at all...why did that bring such fear to her heart thinking about?

He kept you within reach for me--I may have lost you for a little while, but now that I have you, I won't do it again. Your Musaieth is here, Tyara, and I'll teach you more than any lesson could. Musaieth, that was his name and it sounded so good in her mind. She could feel the sigh of relief from the blue, knowing he felt better now that he was by her side. That was what he wanted, to be together, she just needed to let him know. He would wait for as long as he needed, she knew that.

"Musaieth..."she whispered, looking down at those violet eyes looking back up to her with love. She knew he felt her pain and without warning, she fell to her knees, wrapping her arms around him tightly. Then she buried her head into his side, weeping taking hold of the girl. She felt his wing drape over her as best as he could, knowing he would give her all the comfort she needed. She nestled against him, letting her heart shed the tears she had been holding back since the scratch earlier and also seeing the bronze with his father. When she finally looked up, she felt a gentle wing wipe her tears softly.

I will teach you to see yourself as I see you--as you truly are, my darling. My beautiful, incredible Tyara...I will be Yours until the end of eternity if you'd only let me. As you deserve.came his loving voice in her head once more. Their eyes met and she gave a soft nod, letting him know that she wanted him for all of eternity, she was giving her consent. She couldn't lose him, she now knew the pain she had felt earlier when she knew it was on her terms or not at all was because he was not just any blue, he was her princely blue. She saw his eyes become radiant rainbows of color as he sensed her consent and their minds fully joined together. Now she would have two more hearts to shoulder her grief, to help her remember the love of her father. She nestled into him once more, just to steady herself after all of the emotions she felt.

My darling, you know I would never rush you, considering what a trying evening it has been for you..but..Musaieth thought into her mind.

You are hungry, I am sorry for having not realized it before,she quickly apologized. She could feel the hunger gnawing at her and knew it wasn't just her's.

It is alright, you were dealing with a lot. I would wait forever for you,the blue assured her gently, giving her a soft nuzzle. He watched her get to her feet, before she had him securely in her arms. He wanted to point out he could walk, but he knew she felt it was the least she could do for him. One day, he knew he would be able to return the favor by carrying her.

"Musaieth..I am sorry...about earlier,"she whispered to him. She felt him place a wing gently over her lips, as if to stop her before she added anymore to that sentence.

Say no more, I have already forgiven you for all of it. I know you meant well, but also understand why my brother did as he felt was right,he soothed. He also understood why she had started when he approached, but she was beginning to see that not all blues were the same, or any other color for that matter, and there was usually more to things than at first glance.

Tyara hugged Musaieth gently, he really was an amazing blue. Then she turned to her twin brother, remembering that now this meant they would be separated once more. It caused a soft frown to come to her lips, even if it wasn't the first time for them to be not together.

We will spend time with him whenever we are able, your mother too. They are family, we will find ways, I promise you, dearest Tyara. One day, he will be a rider too, I know it because he is meant to soar..as we will,Musaieth assured, nuzzling her cheek once more. He sent waves of comfort and confidence to her, to make her feel better and bolster her, knowing she already knew she had faith her brother would find his own dragon one day.

"His name is Musaieth, my Musaieth. He needs some food, but I will see you during the feast. And one day, you will find your own prince or princess dragon,"she smiled to her twin. She reached up to kiss his cheek, hoping that would be alright.

It is a pleasure to meet you. I will take care of her, but know she wants to spend what time we can with you and your mother. We will always need you, though, because you mean the world to her and you are her big brother. That means you are always family and one of her noble protectors. Also, do not give up hope, your dragon is out there...I know it,the blue thought to Izaryel with confidence. He reached over to give the boy a gentle nuzzle himself. He knew the two were twins and from Tyara, he knew how strong that bond was. He also knew how strong the connection to the rest of her family was too, he would make sure those bonds stayed strong.

Uta

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:19 pm
Izaryel
The dark haired man watched as a blue dragon moved over to where he and Tyara stood. Though he did his best to keep his thoughts calm, another part of him couldn't help but be concerned. He still couldn't help but feel that Tyara had been unfairly and unjustly treated. Was one misstep truly worth his sister being attacked? Alas, the alarm and worry that spiked within him had him on edge as the blue dragon seemed intent to bridge the distance between them.

He recognized the blue as one who had come to the aid of the other who had attacked Tyara. Oh, Faranth help them both. He wasn't going to let it happen again, and was more than prepared to retreat and keep space between the dragonet and Tyara if he could.

But his fear of another attack were mitigated quickly enough. One moment he was standing defensively next to Tyara, and the next, the blue was nuzzling her hand, and being cradled ever so tenderly by his sister. The change happened quickly, and though Izaryel didn't know what was going on, it was clear, this blue had picked her out above all the rest. It dawned on him that she had Impressed--for surely, no dragon would allow himself to be handled in such a fashion.

Musaieth.

He heard his sister repeat a name, caught up and enraptured by the blue dragon standing before them. He knew he should be happy, knew he should be thrilled, but all Izaryel felt was surprise follow by a sudden spike of fear. While he had hoped that the both of them would Impress, he hadn't exactly thought it would be so soon. Perhaps he would have been more overjoyed if she hadn't had her face swiped for a a single thought--clearly, there was much about the Weyr neither of them knew or understood; perhaps he would have been more overjoyed if this had happened a later on, when they were more settled. Honestly, while Izaryel knew this was a point of pride for many, Izaryel was conflicted on what to feel.

When Tyara looked at him, and introduced the dragon more officially, Izaryel's mouth felt like cotton. "Congratulations," he finally found the words as she kissed his cheek, doing his best to bolster his spirits. Did he even want a prince or princess dragon? Honestly, he didn't know. He thought it might be a great new adventure--but now? He just didn't know. With Tyara now a weyrling, whatever would happen to their mother?

The voice that entered his thoughts was different. There was something familiar about it--but it was foreign all the same. What did he say back? Did he say anything at all? Instead, he allowed himself to shyly stroke the little nuzzle of his hand. "I appreciate your faith," he spoke aloud. "Go on--don't worry. I'll see you both at the Feast." He promised, swallowing back the swirling feelings that gripped him.

Even as they left, Izaryel had trouble focusing on the last few dragonets. Sure enough, even the final egg to hatch had no interest in him--which was just as well. He had to get his thoughts under control, and figure out what he wanted to do. Perhaps time with Tyara, his mother, and Iz'el would help him figure out his next plan. He'd been Searched, which was a great honor--but things weren't quite as they seemed. The Harpers wove such tales of dragons and their riders; defenders against Pern's great enemy. Impression would put them all at risk, including Tyara... He'd be unable to stop her from getting hurt, or even getting killed. And now--it was too late for regrets, at least for her. He'd never expect a blue to scratch someone for something so seemingly inoffensive. What else would happen now that they were here? And with Tyara a weyrling and he a Candidate, how would their lives change?

He needed time to think, surely, but mostly, he needed to talk to his mother. She would know what to do, wouldn't she?

Dea and #Teddy#

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces