Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:19 pm
    This is a tribe RP between Balor and Jezebel, with a small appearance of baby Rorie!

User Image
    User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:50 pm
    Jezebel had been missing for a few weeks due to work -- her first job as a Mimic. She had taken to the idea easily, which surprised those who knew her. It wasn't "like her", they had said, but Jezebel had begun to wonder what she might be like outside of their eyes. For the longest time, she had wanted to be seen as an equal; seen as someone who was neither higher nor lower than anyone else. In her core, she still wanted that. Still wanted her tribe-mates to see her as such -- as just Jezebel. But underneath her values laid something else. Something that unfurled and bared its teeth when Balor suggested the role. Something that enjoyed the deceit her role spilled from its lips.

She couldn't explain it, but as time passed she had begun to realize that Cruor didn't need or want her to. That nefarious part of her was welcomed, and Jezebel had flown off eager to dive into that hidden section of herself. She had found it faster than she thought; found it in the form of a vixen who let her close too long. Let her brush up to her side and promise sweet words through her teeth.

It had been surprisingly easy, bearing fruit within two BCRs. Jezebel had meant to take both, but that softer side of her bit down, resisting. Reminding her she had something underneath her new ambition. Something that wasn't going to melt away or submerge -- it'd meld into her new form, but Jezebel still had it.

So she had left a BCR, stolen the other, and flew off in the night before the other mother could bat an eye.
    And it was exhilarating.

She returned home with her prize in tow, clenched between perfect teeth. The Guards had hesitated when they welcomed her, eyes locked on the first BCR to be born to the new rebirth of Cruor. A child of great blessing and hope, they muttered, but Jezebel didn't think blessings had anything to do with it. She just smiled, keeping that warm metal in her mouth until Balor found her.

The look he gave her was rewarding in itself. Approval, pride, and something else.... intrigue? She saw it glitter as he eyed her tightly wound child, his head canting slightly at the edges. She had pleased her Elder, and for once Jezebel liked the feeling of appeasing authority -- if it was him. Her Elder-to-be; her leader. She was unlikely to admit it, her smile stifling as she set the BCR down and faked nonchalance. She'd never admit it.

"I'm the first," she cooed, paw gently smoothing over the orb. Balor nodded, drawing closer.

"Yours?" He questioned.

"Mine. Cruor's." She emphasized, eager for the recognization. He regarded her with a faint nod, fondly eying the child. Jezebel's tail curled loosely around the ring, lifting for him to see closer. See better at her triumph.

"You did well, Jezebel," he finally rewarded her and Jezebel hated the satisfied rumble in her chest. It felt deeply satisfying to do something good for the tribe, something she had yet to fully consider or dive into. She gently set the BCR down and under her paw, returning to stroking the warm metal and ball.

"Her name will be Rorschach," Jezebel murmured, warmly regarding her child. "And she will be loved. I hope you will protect her, too. Give her the same offer of safety and home as you have for us."

Balor stepped back, giving the two a respectful amount of space. His head tilted to the other side, reminiscent of the dark and red fox Jezebel had heard much about.

"Have I given you a reason to worry otherwise?" Balor rumbled, voice deep and rolling against her ears. The question lingered as Jezebel tasted the air around it -- he was concerned, perhaps. Or was he testing her? Testing her belief in him.

"A mother has to ask these things -- don't you think? What kind of woman would I be, otherwise? What kind of mother would I be?" Her grip on her child softened, settling beside the BCR in a show of good faith. "But, no. You haven't. I trust you and Cruor. I wouldn't be here otherwise."

They held eye contact, her looking down on her Elder-to-be and quietly wondering when he'd wake taller than her, bearing a body of ascension.

"Then let us ready your den for Rorschach and your new lives." Balor stood, briefly leaning down to nudge her BCR in what she assumed was a faint acceptance. He didn't give her much time to ponder, lifting her BCR into his grasp, lacking the hesitance most would adorn around a mother. Jezebel shifted, apprehensive as he trailed off, pausing to cast her a glance. Her tail snapped behind her and she joined his side, content as Balor held her BCR gently and with the utmost respect.

This was home. A place that would curl its talons around her and all she held dear in its protective clutch. Someplace that wanted her, that cared for her. A home she would grow and stand beside. A home she hoped her daughter would welcome, too.

A home she hadn't known she was looking for.

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

● RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas