Submit

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:44 am
    User Image
    User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:38 pm
    Wabibito settled onto the pillow Libitana had offered, tail curling around himself as he judged the difference in one another's sizes. He was large for a Permakit, but he was used to being dwarfed by just about everyone. An Elder, however, left a self-conscious pit in his stomach as her shadow consumed him. He hadn't met a 'Phim or 'Daeva yet, but just seeing someone of her stature reminded him of how little he really was in the world.

She folded herself neatly onto her own seating, offering a faint smile his way. He didn't know what to do in return, settling on a polite nod. How was one supposed to address an Elder?

"You spoke of meaning to come here," Libitana began, cutting through the silence.

"Yes," he grunted back. His voice was already rough, unused to speaking. If she noticed she didn't show it and he found himself grateful for the grace.

"The fog let you through, do you know what that means?"

"No."

Libitana inhaled slowly, head bobbing as he assumed she began to consider how to go forward. "The fog was cast by Hyperion; our Deity. It prevents those who don't belong here from entering. If you've come through then you were meant to."

Wabibito frowned. It sounded like a load of hocus pocus, really. "How would they know?" He paused at the tilt of Libitana's head. "Like, how does Hyperion know? They can't know everything."

"They're a Deity; they know all." Libitana swung her tail over, sliding her lantern into sight. "Have you not been taught about the Deities?"

"No," Wabibito answered, swallowing back his irritation. He disliked knowing he had, once again, missed out on some form of essential way to being that all the other foxes knew. Like he had been left out somewhere along the way. "Didn't really have anyone to tell me."

"I see," the Elder mused, tone drifting absently. "The Deities made everything. They made us; the Modifoxes. They govern over a domain and tend to it, as they do with tribes. They have great magic, greater than any of our own."

"Oh," Wabibito murmured in answer. It still sounded farfetched, but... so did staying in a child form for many years on end. "Do you think they could help me?" He blurted, dropping his ears at the realization as Libitana made a soft sound of acknowledgment.

"I could ask Hyperion." Her voice was soft and pleasant, warm around the edges. It occurred to Wabibito that she sympathized for him, but he was unsure how to process it. Did he like that? Did it make him feel pitiful? Or, perhaps, did he feel acknowledged, for once?

"Anyway," a pause lingered until he gathered his thoughts. "I came here because I heard you help people."

"You need our help?" she questioned with a lift to her voice.

"No, I want to, as well. Help people." He stared at her earnestly, catching the larger fox in surprise. "There's many like me or worse off, and I had to deal with it alone. I don't want that for anyone else," he quickly followed with. Libitana nodded in understanding, glancing towards the doorway as light illuminated the outer window.

"Then we are happy to welcome you. I feel such big decisions should be made after you've eaten, though. Yes?" She rose, padding past the boy to nudge the door open gently. Esmee's face popped into view, muzzle gripping a sack made of leaves, placing it before her Elder. She caught Wabibito's gaze and grinned, dipping her head back out of the hut once Libitana had seized the sack and placed it before Wabibito.

"I've thought about this for weeks. Months. I mean it -- I'd like to join the tribe. If you'll have me." He couldn't help glancing back at the sack curiously and lean over.

"There is food inside," Libitana explained. She regarded the boy while he tugged open the bag and wolfed down their food, chuckling faintly. The meal was welcomed and hit a spot, soothing his angry stomach into a relaxed hush. He had forgotten how long it had been since he had a meal -- it was hard to hunt while so small and traveling. He didn't know the terrain or smaller hidey holes, like he had with his old home. When finished he sat upright and wagged his tail once, licking the canines of his mouth. He added another reason for joining on his list: getting food regularly.

"We'll have to find a lantern for you, then, and settle you into a den." Libitana finally spoke, gesturing towards the door and rising. "And then discuss your rank within the tribe, but I'd like to focus on settling you in first. Does that sound agreeable?"

Wabibito jumped up from his spot, nodding up towards the larger Elder. "Yes. I'd like that."

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

● RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas