Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
The Great Hall Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:01 am
User Image
The Great Hall
Giant paper-mache tentacles cloak the ceiling and walls of the Great Hall. Between colorful thermal vent-lights and ghostly jellyfish though, the Great Hall is actually quite well lit in most places to help show off everyone’s spooky formalwear. The floor has been enchanted to reflect gently-disturbed water.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx♡ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Knight
xxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Deep Sea Horrors Masquerade Ball
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He looks so nice tonight!

Callie was quite excited about the school dance. She was going to get to spend a wonderful evening dancing alongside her wonderful knight. With help from her family, she got a lovely ballgown, which she paired with a cape sort of thing to carefully hide her neck, much as she always did. She even got a little tiara to sparkle in her hair. It was going to be a lovely evening. Then, she hadn't spotted Eden yet, as students flooded into the hall. Callie wobbled a bit in her heels as she walked around, admiring the room. The prefects had worked extra hard to make it look like it was actually on the depths of the sea, and it looked quite beautiful.

Across the room, she spotted a familiar head of blonde hair. It was Eden! Wobbling over to him, she gently tapped his shoulder. "Might I have this -woah- dance?" She wobbled a bit, gently grabbing his arm. It was weird to be closer up to him, given her normal height, but she figured the extra two inches would be good for dancing... unless she fell and broke an ankle. She stepped closer, a smile on her face. It was ever so exciting to be here with someone as wonderful as Eden.

{{Wearing x}}
          addaellis

Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree
          Feel the rush of the ocean, get onboard a fast train
          Travel on a jet plane, far away and breakaway
          I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky
          And I'll make a wish, take a chance, make a change and breakaway
          Out of the darkness and into the sun, I won't forget all the ones that I love
          I gotta take a risk, take a chance, make a change, and breakaway!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:10 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

seventh year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Language Club student
Namaste Club yogi || Quidditch beater and captain

Eden...wasn’t sure about the whole school dance thing. He had a suit-- Sir and Ma’am had made sure he always had one packed in fall in case there was some formal event he’d need a suit for. He reckoned they had imagined an interview, or a presentation, or maybe just something happened in which they couldn’t send one over fast enough. Not...dances. Luckily, with a few color-changing spells and adjustment, and a new tie from a dress shop in Hogsmeade, he thought he looked presentable enough.

He and Callie didn’t have prefect duties until later in the evening--and even then they’d gotten the same shift--so for now he was just looking for his lovely starflower. He looked around, wondering if they ought to have just met in the common room. Abruptly, someone tapped his shoulder, and Eden turned, catching Callie's hand. ”Oh!”.

She was beautiful as usual, but much closer than usual, and he realized she must be wearing high heels under the lovely starry dress. ”Of course, milady,” he said, with perhaps too-formal a bow. Maybe taking the knight moniker too seriously. Of course, at her wobble, he paused, immediately asking, ”Did you want to swap shoes? I don’t want you uncomfortable…”

setting Masquerade Dance, Halloween 2054 || with Callie
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing dark blue suit + white mask
status She's so beautiful <3

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
They see you as small and helpless
They see you as just a child
Surprise when they find that a warrior will soon run wild.
Prepare for your greatest moments
Prepare for your finest hour
The dream that you've always dreams is suddenly about to flower.
♖♜
~"This Will be the Day" from RWBY. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:53 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? My Knight
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? He looks so nice tonight!

Callie was grateful that Eden had taken her hand, since she was still getting used to these heels. They weren't even super tall, like she'd spotted some other girls wearing, but it was just enough to throw her off-kilter. He offered a nice bow, making her feel like a princess. He asked if she wanted to swap shoes, earning a titter from the girl. "Eden, your feet are bigger than mine. Plus I don't know if you'd be able to wander in heels. But, don't you worry. I took your 'always plan ahead' advice and hid a pair of flats at the booth I'll be working later. I can go swap out any time." She grinned, secretly hoping Eden would be proud of her thinking ahead.

As a nice slow song queued up, Callie slid her hand into Eden's, moving into a dance position. She was pretty sure they'd never danced so formally together, so it was bound to be an interesting experience. She knew all the steps, since her Father had taught her all the ways of etiquette and such formal social events. Callie did have the mind not to tell Eden that part, since she didn't want to crash their mood for the evening. It was very strange to think the last time she'd done up a waltz or four-step, she'd only been a small child, and now here she was, almost an adult, dancing with someone that made her heart sing. What a wonderful turn. With that thought, Callie pushed up a bit, gently kissing her boyfriend, before settling back on her feet to resume their dancing.

{{Wearing x}}
          addaellis

I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly! I'll do what it takes til' I touch the sky

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:10 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Jessica Quimby-Winthrop
                                                Sixth Year - Sixteen Years Old - Slytherin - Pureblood - Adopted
                                                Co-Director of the Drama Club and Member of the Culinary Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Jessica couldn’t help but feel nervous. After all, the Deep Sea Horrors Masquerade was going to be her and Lochi’s first fancy night out together, which turned out to be at the perfect time considering she’d be going to her technically cousin’s wedding in the winter with him, so having a practice night for a formal party couldn’t hurt. However, that didn’t take away from the butterflies in her stomach tonight. Knowing she’d be nervous, she decided to arrive a little earlier than she and Lochi agreed so that she could munch on some food at the buffet table, which she managed to do by going unnoticed. Or maybe she was noticed, but not by anyone who could have possibly recognised her. After all, she was in a mask and only her pirate-outfitted friend would have seen her in her dress before putting on the mask since they got ready together. On days like these, it was nice having a girlfriend in her house.

Once she had had enough food, at least for now, Jessica made her way to the Great Hall, where Lochi would come find her (or she’d find him) and he’d ask her to dance. Stepping into the room, she took in the sight of the missing house tables and in their place, a dance floor with students of all houses and ages dressed to the nines. Nobody looked familiar. Maybe she should have stayed with Vivyan until Lochi found her... Taking a deep breath, the Slytherin walked off to the side with the other observers and watched the couples and groups of friends dance, glancing over at the entrance to the Great Hall every so often to see if she could spot her boyfriend in his matching suit to her dress. Perhaps it was a good thing that he had gifted her a septum piercing and an earring specifically for the night – at least he’d be able to recognize her from those two things.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The world comes to life and everything's bright
                                                From beginning to end when you have a friend

Cinnabun Gryffie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Jess
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Underwater Masquerade Ball
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? Wow, she looks so nice!

Lochi was quite excited about this evening. The school was all geared up for a huge masquerade ball, with many more than just the students to be in attendance. He was lucky enough to be going with Jess, who, despite their status as boy-and-girl-friends, he'd made a formal request to attend with. She, of course, agreed. They spent several days discussing their outfits, and Lochi drew up plans for jewelry. Sending half the plans home along with his request for a fancy suit, he waited on his plan to come to fruition. The evening before the dance, he presented his gifts to Jess, both of which he figured matched her outfit and her aesthetic in general. It seemed she agreed, given her excitement. Perfect. What she didn't know was that he'd planned it out for a way to help find her in the crowd that would surely be built. Hopefully it would actually work.

On the night of the dance, Lochi got all dressed up, then stood before the mirror making sure his hair didn't look completely dumb. After all, this was a big formal event. He didn't want to look stupid, nor did he want to risk Jess' ire by not being absolutely flawless. Once he headed down, he realized indeed it would be a difficult task to find anyone within the throngs of people assembling. After a few minutes of searching, he saw a familiar dress, then upon closer investigation, spotted.... yep! That was Jess, alright! "Hey Jess! Wow, you look really nice. That dress is very flattering!" He grinned, offering a hand to his girlfriend. Some sort of upbeat song was playing, but perhaps she'd want to dance.

{{Wearing x}}
Kiska166

Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ,
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴋɪɴs.
I ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ,
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇɢɪɴs.
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I'ᴍ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:15 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica must have watched the other students dancing long enough to have missed when Lochi stepped into the Great Hall, for he had found her before she had spotted him. “Hi Lochi!” she greeted with a large smile as he complimented her. “Thank you, you look very nice as well,” she said before leaning in to kiss her boyfriend on the cheek. She took his extended hand and followed him onto the dance floor, disappearing into the crowd of students and alumni. Jess enjoyed dancing although she wasn’t great at it. However, she wasn’t terrible enough to embarrass herself either unless of course her shoes caused her to fall. Good thing she opted for a shoe with a thicker heel and a platform – easier to manoeuvre in.

It seemed Lochi was also pretty comfortable dancing, for he decided to spin Jessica. She twirled once before he pulled her in to his chest. “Oooh, you’ve got moves?” she asked jokingly before he spun her again. This time, her twirl ended with a bang into another girl. Jessica gasped, feeling mortified, and quickly turned around to see that she had bumped a blonde girl into the boy she was dancing with. “Oh, my God! I’m sorry – Callie?” she asked, realizing halfway through her apology that she had just knocked down one of her best friends. Of course it was Callie. Who else would be wearing a dress that resembled the night sky? “Are you okay? I’m so sorry,” she apologized once more, helping Eden prop Callie back up onto her feet. “You both look really nice!”

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:48 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Jess, Callie, and Eden
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Underwater Masquerade Ball
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? She's almost too calm... I'd be upset here...

Lochi grinned when Jess said he looked nice as well. She kissed his cheek, earning a little blush from the Ravenclaw. She had a weird way of making his heart feel like it was speeding uncontrollably. Luckily, he reined in a moment as they started up a dance. They took a few steps, then he offered a spin. Luckily, she took it, twirling about. She commented on his apparent moves, and he chuckled. "Only the best!" Hopefully... she wouldn't take him up on that... He lifted his arm again, set to start up another spin. This time, however, they angled wrong and before he could stop it, Jess collided with a blonde girl. It took a second before he recognized the girl in question - Callie Whitethorne. Luckily, she seemed to be a forgiving sort of person....

Callie had been having fun dancing, but when someone bumped into her, her already unsteady footing became too much and the girl went crashing down. "O-oh dear!" Callie said as her glasses fell off from the impact. Luckily only a quick second of searching found them again, and even more luckily, they were undamaged. If they'd broken... well, it would put quite the damper on the evening. Imagine her, unable to see and hardly able to walk... maybe she should have just worn her flats... "I-I'm okay, but thank you. I've taken worse tumbles." She chuckled softly, holding Eden's arm to make sure she wouldn't immediately topple back over.

"I'm so sorry. For all the math I do, you'd think I'd figured out angles by now. I didn't think we'd hit anyone." Lochi felt no end of guilt, even if Callie had easily accepted and didn't seem upset. Seriously, did anything faze her? She always seemed so... chill. "Oh, it's really no problem. It could have happened to anyone! And thank you, Jess! You two look like a perfect pair. Like two stars in heavenly dance~" Seriously. So chill. It was almost... unnerving talking to Callie sometimes, but since she was so nice (and also one of Jess' best friends), he didn't mind. Plus she was a great asset in a few of his classes.... He looked over at his girlfriend with a nervous smile while Callie seemed to lean on Eden and fix a few stray locks of hair back into order.

{{Wearing x}}
Kiska166

Callie - #551033
Lochi - #C32148
addaellis

Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ,
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴋɪɴs.
I ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ,
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇɢɪɴs.
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I'ᴍ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

addaellis

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:44 pm

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Callie made a good point that his feet were larger than hers-- which really, he was he was so much bigger than her-- just shy of a full foot without their shoes. He couldn’t help but bream with pride when Callie continued that she’d stashed a pair of flats at their booth.

As she held onto him though, he also realized this was a sweet opportunity--just like the hairclip thing before! He beamed, almost a little smugly, that his dear girlfriend would go through the trouble of being in uncomfortable footwear for the excuse to cling onto him. Not that she needed an excuse to.

So with that, he was happy to take the floor with her. Luckily the first song was rather slow, letting him work out the nerves. He hadn’t exactly had dance training besides Sparrow’s workshop that one day, and he was more a swim-and-quidditch sort of athlete than a dance-and-gymnastics kind of athlete. Still, Callie seemed to know what she was doing, and they managed to sway in step together. She pushed onto her tip-toes to kiss him gently and he smiled, kissing her forehead in response and murmuring a quiet ”You’re so beautiful,”.

The song turned to a more upbeat tone, and he had to concentrate more on his footwork as they went one. He was so distracted he didn’t notice another couple twirl their way directly into Callie until too late--he tried to tug her out of the way, but only seemed to exasperate the fall. ”Callie!” he was kneeling next to her in a moment, snagging her glasses before another unfortunate couple could step on them. Luckily they were undamaged. ”Are you alright? No scrapes? Nothing twisted?”[/]b

She assured them all she was okay and he offered his arm to steady her up. Lochi--Jess’s boyfriend and one of Callie’s friends-- apologized again. He brushed a few locks of his starflower’s golden hair back in place, tucking her close to his side as they talked. ”You guys look nice,” he commented quietly. ”Should we move to the side to talk though? I’ll grab us some snacks?”

setting Masquerade Dance, Halloween 2054 || with Callie
status She's so beautiful <3

♖♜

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:20 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

Jessica couldn’t believe that not only had she knocked Callie down, but her glasses as well. The brunette felt a little relieved, however, when the blonde had assured her that she was okay. “I’m glad you’re alright,” she said with a reassuring smile, letting her friend go as she seemed to be standing up pretty stable in Eden’s arms. Lochi then apologized for the hit, but Callie assured him that it was fine just as she had assured Jessica a moment ago, before complementing the couple. “Thanks, Callie,” she said with a large grin as she leaned into Lochi lovingly. She thought they looked like a perfect pair tonight as well. Usually, their outfits didn’t necessarily complement each other considering Jessica typically sported a dark, e-girl aesthetic whereas Lochi could be found in jeans and a t-shirt or a button down covered by a sweater vest, but tonight, they looked like they belonged together. Maybe that was what Callie meant by ‘two stars in a heavenly dance.’ Jess couldn’t always quite understand the words that came out of her mouth, but they always sounded nice.

Eden had suggested they move to the side to talk, so the four of them made their way off the dance floor and over to a table. “I’ll go with you,” she volunteered when the blond offered to get snacks. She figured Eden would need help and she didn’t want to make poor Callie have to go with him, especially after taking that tumble. As the two made their way to the buffet table, Jessica figured she’d make use of her one on one time with Eden to learn about how boys thought. “Eden – quick question. So you know how Lochi’s parents own their jewelry shop? Well, Lochi made me this earring that I’m wearing, which is cute and all,” she explained, turning her head a little to the side so that Eden could see what she was referring to. “But he can't make septum piercings at Hogwarts, so he got his mum to make this,” she continued, turning her head to face the boy, so he could see her nose piercing. “I dunno what to think about that. Why do you think he got his mum to make it? Would you have done that for Callie, or would you have just let her figure out what to wear?” The brunette wasn’t concerned that Eden would think this conversation was weird. Ever since the school year started, Jess ran to him about any questions she had about why Lochi would act the way he did. After all, she didn’t want to mess things up and the more she understood about how the male mind worked, the better.

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:42 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden, Jess, and Lochi
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Where did they go?

Callie felt almost bad that Jess and Lochi were worrying themselves over her. Once she had gotten straightened up and had Eden to lean on, things seemed to settle, emotion-wise. The room around them seemed to be swelling with energy, and Callie was quite excited about it. Eden was fussing over her, so she placed a soft kiss on his cheek. "I'm fine, dear knight. No bumps or bruises anywhere. And if I had them, you could heal them quite quick." She nodded, glad that Eden was studious about healing. Especially since it helped her own skill.

When Eden mentioned going to grab food, Callie nodded once. "Actually, if we're going to move, I'll stop by our booth to change out shoes. I'll lose the height, but it'll probably be safer for everyone!" She laughed, her soft twinkling laugh, grinning happily. When Jess said she'd go with Eden, Callie grinned again, and Lochi spoke up. "If you two are going for snacks, I can walk with Callie to get her shoes, then we can meet up near the table? I-I'll make sure she doesn't fall over again." That last line seemed more addressed to Eden, especially since Lochi seemed a bit nervous about it.

After things were settled, Callie and Lochi walked over to the booth she was set to work later, and he helped her swap into a pair of flats that still somehow matched her dress flawlessly. Once she was all done, the duo walked over toward where they'd seen Eden and Jess vanish into the crowd. "I... don't see them. Surely they're... somewhere around here." He pushed to his tiptoes, but the group in front of them seemed to be a bunch of tall former-students. With that, Lochi offered an arm to Callie (since it wouldn't do to lose her in the crowd! Eden would kill him!) and they made their way around the group, trying to find their dates. "They're probably still making their way... the crowd is dense... making a lovely sort of aura to be in~" Callie seemed... in a daze, so Lochi cleared his throat, awkwardly responding with a "uh... yea."

{{OoC: They can either be found or find Eden/Jess once their convo is over, just lemme know when!}}
          {{Wearing x}}
          addaellis

Callie - #551033
          Lochi - #C32148
          kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:08 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

Eden squeezed Callie gently when she assured him she was fine with smooch. He inclined his head, acknowledging that they would rendezvous after Callie picked up her flats and he and Jess returned with refreshments. He’d miss the heels, but it was far more important Callie was comfortable.

He was hunting the buffet table for plates when Jess piped up with a “quick question”. ”Hm? Yeah, I might have heard that,” he hadn’t seen Lochi or his parents’ work though, so he didn’t exactly have much comment on it. Jess rambled on, saying she didn’t know what to think of Lochi having commissioned a piece from his mum. He honestly didn’t know why Jess asked him about these kinds of questions--Eden was still trying to wrap his head around the blessing of how he and Callie still just worked.

Still, it was his duty as a friend and as a school senior and prefect to try his best to guide her. Something-something responsibility as the oldest in this group of friends ”Uh….” He leaned closer to scrutinize the nose piercing, considering her question. ”It looks of fine make? Maybe Lochi doesn’t know how to make that kind of uh...piercing ring. He’s still a jeweler-in-training, I’d assume. Or maybe he doesn’t have the tools here for that.”

Eden shrugged, not knowing much about jewelry himself. He had gotten lucky with the hairclips he’d gotten Callie for their anniversary--they had just called out to him. ”I mean, I know nothing about jewelry...so. Well, if I see something I think Callie would really I’d get it for her. But she knows herself best, right?” He shook his head. ”The better question is do you like it? If you like it then that’s all that matters right? Plus since his mum made it for you, you know that she knows about your relationship and approves?”

He had located the plates and started piling on finger-foods. Jess was overthinking this. Or maybe he was underthinking it. He didn’t get Callie random gifts like Lochi seemed to do for Jess. Besides flowers or snacks when they were on dates. Should he? She had liked the hairclips--maybe he should find more jewelry she might like? Obviously Eden was no expert on the female heart. ”Where’s Lochi’s parent’s shop anyways? Do they make custom jewelry for anyone?”

setting Masquerade Dance, Halloween 2054 || with Jess -- meeting back with Callie and Lochi soon.
status Girls + jewelry = ???

Cinnabun Gryffie

♖♜

addaellis

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:28 pm
User Image

Jessica Quimby-Winthrop

The brunette rambled on, eventually asking her questions which were not ‘quick’ as she had started the conversation with. She considered his initial response for a moment. “He doesn’t have the tools here, but would he not just wait until he was home to make me something then?” Eden continued, explaining that if he were in Lochi’s shoes but with his current knowledge of jewelry, he would have only purchased an item if he was sure Callie would have liked it. Well, that didn’t help explain why Lochi had his mother make it for him.

The blond then threw another question at her and asked if she liked the septum piercing before pointing out that if his mother had made it, then she knew and approved their relationship. A smile crept onto Jessica’s lips as she thought about the question for a moment, beginning to pile the tastier looking snacks onto the plate that Eden had passed to her. Since she had already sampled many of them earlier, she knew which to stay away from and which the others most definitely had to try. She really enjoyed that many of them were decorated like sea creatures, monsters, and the best ones of all, sea monsters. It seemed the Prefects had really outdone themselves with the amount of effort they put into the night’s event.

“Yeah, I like it,” she admitted happily, smiling to herself. Maybe it was a good thing – a really good thing – that Lochi’s mother had accepted his request to manufacture Jessica’s nose ring. She continued to pile different foods onto the plate in silence when Eden had piped up with questions of his own. “It’s in London, close to Diagon Alley, actually. I think his mum makes custom jewelry, but his dad doesn’t,” she responded before placing a single crisp in her mouth. “Why – you thinking of getting Callie something now?” she asked after swallowing the snack.

Once they had about as much food as they could fit onto their plates, Jess led the way back to their table at the Great Hall. However, their dates were nowhere to be seen. Placing the plate down, Jess looked around but had no luck in spotting them. “Weird – do you think they’re still at Callie’s booth?” she asked, remembering that the blonde had mentioned switching out her shoes. Without any hesitation, Jessica took Eden’s hand in hers and led him into the large group in an attempt to prevent them from losing each other in the crowd. After wandering around the mass of partiers for a few minutes, Jess looked back at Eden and smirked. “Maybe we should go back – I don’t see them anywhere.” Upon emerging from the crowd, she let go of the Seventh Year’s hand and made her way back to the table, just before spotting Callie and Lochi off in the distance. “Oh, I think I see them!” she announced, waving one arm at them and reaching for food with the other.

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:30 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

At first, Jess continued wondering why Lochi had his mother make the jewelry for her instead of making it himself. Eden stared thoughtfully at the piece on Jess’s nose as he tried to think of this from a strategic perspective. ”Uhh. Was the gift for an occasion? Like a birthday or an anniversary? Sometimes timing matters and you have to sacrifice the perfect move for a timely one.” he explained, defaulting to tactics. ”Like..uhh… well like you want to send 100 men to help your allies but only have 50 units who are nearby. You’re not going to wait for more people to show up, You have to send what you can otherwise it’s meaningless. Does that make sense?”

Luckily something he said seemed to help as Jess smiled to herself thoughtfully. He passed her a plate and they started piling on anything that looked good. Eden hadn’t helped with the foods, but he knew Weslyn had recruited the Culinary Club to come up with creative themed ideas, and he was pretty sure someone had reached out to that bakery in Hogsmeade-- For Goodness Bakes or something of the sort--for some of these.

Eden inquired about Lochi’s parents’ shop and Jess astutely guessed he was considering something for Callie. A customized firearm Eden could do--he may have started daydreaming about a customized rifle for the next time he and Callie went to the range. She had been a pretty wicked shot and Eden hoped she’d be down to go again, just the two of them. Jewelry though? He’d need professional help. ”Maybe. I don’t exactly know much about jewelry. Plus custom things are probably pretty expensive and my allowance isn’t that much.”

They had piled their plates as high as it was safe to and now looked around to find Callie and Lochi. ”I doubt it,” he remarked, peering over the sea of heads for a familiar figure. Jess took his hand and Eden flinched for a moment before realizing she was tugging him along. She let go once they were out of the thicket of students. ”Hey--” he tugged Jess back quickly by the shoulder, shielding her from a young student with giant bright green horns waddling by. ”Careful!” he warned, letting Jess go, the rebuke for both her and the inattentive passer-by.

Jess had found their dates though, and with some relief, they made it to the table. ”Literally everything is sea themed,” he remarked casually, offering Callie a spiced seaweed roll bent like an eel. ”What were you guys talking about?”

setting Masquerade Dance, Halloween 2054 || with Jess -- meeting back with Callie and Lochi soon.
status Girls + jewelry = ???

Cinnabun Gryffie

♖♜

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:07 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxx♡ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Eden, Jess, and Lochi
xxxxx♡ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? We've been found once more~

Callie was starting to wonder if perhaps they had a periscope about somewhere (given the underwater theme, of course), but it was about that time that Lochi noted he spotted Eden and Jess. Callie watched the taller boy wave, then he offered his arm back to Callie. The blonde accepted, walking alongside the Ravenclaw over to Eden and Jess, both of whom had a small pile of snacks. Eden commented that everything was sea themed, then offered some sort of roll sort of shaped like an eel... or perhaps a snake. She tried a bite, wrinkling her nose a bit at it. Hopefully he wouldn't ask her to eat more of that particular snack.

Lochi released Callie's arm when they met back up with their other-halves, moving instead to help Jess carry the plates of various snacks she was holding. Eden asked what they were talking about, and the Ravenclaw shrugged. "Not much. Callie was saying... something about the aura of the party being nice... How about you guys? Any fun conversations we missed out on?" He grinned, grabbing a cookie shaped and decorated like a rather colorful fish. At least it was tasty...

Callie nodded, humming about the thought of their conversation. "Indeed, with all these beautiful people around, the feeling of comfort and yet.... intrigue just swirls about, don't you think?" She grinned, leaning on Eden a bit as she grabbed one of the sweets from the plate he was holding. Much better than the spicy seaweed indeed. Though Lochi's question did bring up thoughts. Despite she and Lochi not having spoken much on their mission, perhaps Eden and Jess had said more. They seemed to be on friendly terms, at least. Then again, Callie didn't dislike Lochi, and she sure hoped he didn't dislike her either....

{{OoC: It's not the best, but it is a post. lemme know if I need edits anywhere please!}}
          {{Wearing x}}
          addaellis

Callie - #551033
          Lochi - #C32148
          kiska166

Event Archive

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff