Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
The Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:54 pm
User Image

╔════════════════════════════╗
                                                Jessica Quimby-Winthrop
                                                Sixth Year - Sixteen Years Old - Slytherin - Pureblood - Adopted
                                                Co-Director of the Drama Club and Member of the Culinary Club

╚════════════════════════════╝

Eden had brought up a good point that Jessica had previously dismissed as being too obvious, which was the fact that Lochi had gifted the earring and nose ring specifically for the Masquerade. Could it be that there was no ulterior motive and he just needed to have the jewelry ready by Halloween? Perhaps she really had over-thought this whole thing and made a bigger deal out of it than she needed to. At least Lochi would never know that she had even made a big deal out of it in the first place. Eden’s ally analogy also helped to put it in perspective, so she let out a sigh and listened to his concern regarding jewelry. “You could always talk to Lochi and see if he could get you a discount. I can also put in a good word for you,” she answered with a wink before adding, “You scratch my back, I scratch yours.”

With the amount of times that the Slytherin ran to the Hufflepuff for boy advice this year, she owed him, especially after they had gone looking for their dates and Eden had pulled Jess back, saving her from being hit another student’s horns. She found herself suddenly very close to Eden, closer than she felt comfortable with for multiple reasons – one being that she generally did not get close to others for a very long time both emotionally and physically, a second being that he was dating one of her closest friends, and a third was that she, herself, had a boyfriend. Once Eden let her go and told her to be careful, she stumbled forward a bit but looked back at him with a sheepish smile. “Oh, gosh. Thanks for looking out for me,” she said before turning back to head for their table, where she piled a couple of M&M’s into her mouth as she waited for Lochi and Callie to join them. Considering this was the first time that Eden had ever made any type of gesture towards her that may have shown he was possibly interested in her romantically, Jessica brushed it off. However, she’d make sure to watch him closely for the next little while just to make sure that this occurrence was a one-time occurrence and it didn’t mean anything.

Jessica stood up to greet Lochi with a kiss on his cheek when he had finally made his way back, arm in arm with the blonde. She sat back down and looked at both Lochi and Callie curiously, waiting for their response to Eden’s question. She watched as her boyfriend took a plate and revealed that his conversation with the blonde mostly revolved around the ‘aura of the party’. That sounded like a conversation with Callie. When Lochi had asked the question back, Jess took a moment to reflect. They talked about Lochi’s intentions with gifting Jess a nose ring made by his mother and custom making a piece of jewelry to give to Callie as a present – both of which, they couldn’t disclose. “Not much, either. Mostly what snacks to bring,” she lied, glancing over at Eden, hoping he'd follow her lead.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The world comes to life and everything's bright
                                                From beginning to end when you have a friend

Cinnabun Gryffie
addaellis

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:19 am

User Image♜♖
EDEN RHYS HARPER

seventh year || Hufflepuff prefect || muggleborn
Dueling Club sharpshooter || Language Club student
Namaste Club yogi || Quidditch beater and captain

Jessica seemed to accept his rambling explanation, and Eden hoped it was actually useful instead of him just underthinking this. It felt tiresome to question the intentions behind a nice gift. As long as she liked it then everything was fine, right? Jess continued, mentioning that Lochi could probably talk to his mother about a discount. Then she mentioned she might be able to put in a good word for him with a wink. He considered it for a moment. ”Err, would you do that? And maybe help me with the design? I’d want to make something Callie’ll love if I’m splurging.” he asked awkwardly. Scratching each other’s back was...well, that was...okay right? Eden wasn’t really sure what he could do for her--short of like...dueling lessons or something, but that didn’t seem much like Jess’s thing.

He nodded in acknowledgement of her thanks, not thinking much of what was going on. That had been awfully close, but thankfully Jess didn’t seem inclined to make a big deal of things.

They rejoined Lochi and Callie, and Callie wrinkled her nose at the eel-roll. He popped the rest of it in his mouth with an appreciative nod. Spicy. Definitely more his kind of snack than hers. Lochi mentioned how their conversation was just about the aura of the party being nice and Callie hummed that there was both comfort and intrigue swirling about.

Jess replied that they had just talked about snacks, conveniently leaving out all the jewelry talk. Ah. That made sense. She didn’t mean to make Lochi worry about her wondering about the jewelry. Plus obviously she was keeping his possible-commission a secret. Great. He followed along, shrugging in support. ”It is intriguing to see everyone dressed up," he agreed, popping another spicy snack as he gazed around at the outfits swirling and swaying around to the music. "Although I can’t really tell who anyone is behind the masks...aside from you of course,” he said with an affectionate squeeze of Callie’s arm. ”Especially with strangers and alumni here.”

Eden had ranted and worried about the security entirely too much over the last few weeks. Actually, between schoolwork stressing and security stressing, Eden had hardly talked about anything else in a while. He looked like he was about to get back into that--unless someone steered the topic to kinder shores!

setting Masquerade Dance, Halloween 2054 || with Callie, Jess, Lochi
appearance 5’10”, fit || wearing dark blue suit + white mask
status About to rant

Cinnabun Gryffie

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
They see you as small and helpless
They see you as just a child
Surprise when they find that a warrior will soon run wild.
Prepare for your greatest moments
Prepare for your finest hour
The dream that you've always dreams is suddenly about to flower.
♖♜
~"This Will be the Day" from RWBY. Cover by Caleb Hyles.

addaellis

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:57 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx⇴ Wʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx⇴ Wʜᴏ ɪs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍᴇ? Jess, Callie, and Eden
xxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ's ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏɴ? Underwater Masquerade Ball
xxxxx⇴ Wʜᴀᴛ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs? These cookies are really nice

Lochi felt his cheeks warm a bit when Jess smooched his cheek. He nodded to Callie's reply, looking over at Jess when she said they'd been talking mostly about snacks. "Snacks are always a good topic. Plus these look really good. Have you tried these cookies?" He offered one over to Jess, knowing she had a sweet tooth indeed. Eden and Callie were both nice, but Lochi didn't particularly know either of them beyond their reputation and the few times he'd spoken to them. Jess seemed rather fond of Callie, though, and seemed to find Eden nice, so for now, Lochi would think to get to know them both a bit better.

Callie was quite delighted when Eden agreed that the atmosphere was just intriguing. He then commented on not knowing who most people were, particularly since non-students had been invited. "Some of our lovely friends are near. You can feel the flow of their energies as they move. It's a wonderful sight to see everyone having such a splendid evening~" She grinned, snuggling into Eden. Poor guy had been worried about potential security threats (hence the double checkpoints at the entrance), but hopefully he would be able to feel comfortable now that the dance was in full swing. Besides, there were still professors, and surely some of the invited guests were in the aurors or hit wizards, or even some of the healers from St Mungo's.

Lochi looked at Callie, then back over at Jess. "So, in talking about snacks, was this all made by students? Or did people reach out? These cookies taste familiar, but I can't determine if it's from someone in the Culinary Club, or if it's that cafe in Hogsmeade I go to when I need to stress snack. Either way. Really nicely done. I can't believe this was all planned out by you prefects. Did any of you two's ideas make it to the big stage?" He gestured around, then wrapped his free hand over Jess' shoulders so he could hold her close without (hopefully) being too awkward about it.

{{Wearing x}}
Kiska166

Callie - #551033
Lochi - #C32148
addaellis

Yᴏᴜ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ sᴇᴇ ᴍʏ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ,
Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴀ ɢʟɪᴍᴘsᴇ ᴏғ ɢᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇɪʀ sᴋɪɴs.
I ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴏɴ ᴀɪʀ ᴡʜᴇɴᴇᴠᴇʀ I'ᴍ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ,
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ʙᴇɢɪɴs.
Aɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇᴍ I'ᴍ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tʜᴇʏ'ʀᴇ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪᴀᴍᴏɴᴅs ᴀʀᴇ ғᴏʀᴇᴠᴇʀ.

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff