Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
Dungeon Maze

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

addaellis

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:05 am
User Image
Dungeon Maze
A few rooms near the Dungeon Staircase have been turned into a winding reef maze. Will some deep sea horrors await behind the next turn? Or a delightful dessert? Try not to lose your way and make it back to the shallows.

If you do get lost, send up red sparks and a prefect or instructor will come find you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:34 pm
User Image
                                              ╔════════════════════════════╗
                                              Jade Morris
                                              Thirteen Years Old - Third Year - Hufflepuff - Beater - Pureblood
                                              ╚════════════════════════════╝

Jade wasn’t overly eager to attend a formal event, especially since she wasn’t allowed to wear sneakers. She wore sneakers to both her aunt and her mum’s weddings, but she couldn’t wear them to a school event? How droll. Sometimes, she thought the rules at Hogwarts were too uptight. Thankfully, she didn’t get into trouble for wearing sneakers with her school uniform. Jade debated not going at all, but when she had told her mum that Hogwarts was putting on a masquerade for Halloween, she had convinced her to go and even helped her find a really cool mask to wear. Additionally, her friend Flynn wanted to go with her and promised they could go through the Dungeon Maze.

The two met up in the common room and made their way to the event together with Mickey. She obviously wasn’t going to go into some large crowd or spooky maze without her trusty, protective sidekick. “Which way do you think we should go?” she asked as she stopped in front of the first fork in the road hesitantly. No way was she going to blindly turn the corner and get spooked by some scary looking fish. Turning back to look at Flynn as he approached, she spotted another strand of white fur on his vest and plucked it off with her fingers. He might as well have brought Snowball with him – he was covered in her fur anyway.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

The more I grow old, the more I get wary of your s i c k e n i n g kind
                                              When I d i s a p p e a r, you should know the r e a s o n why

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:15 pm
User ImageUser Image
xx✩ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Dungeon Maze
xxx✩ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Jade, my Hufflebuddy!
xxxx✩ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Exploring a Spooky Maze
xxxxx✩ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm so nervous already....

Flynn was surprisingly excited for a school dance. Typically he wouldn't be anywhere near one, but this time he had someone to go with. They'd heard there would be a cool maze, so he and Jade agreed to check it out. The only issue they encountered was that they were supposed to dress up fancy. After sending a letter to mom, Flynn was set to have to tell Jade he wouldn't be able to go, but instead he got a package and a letter from mom. She did it! She sent him some fancy clothes, which, when paired with the slacks he already had for his school uniform, made for a complete fancy outfit!

When it came time to getting ready, Flynn did his best to make himself match the other fancy outfits he'd seen. Even his roommates seemed way better dressed than him. Oh well, they were probably keen on dancing and stuff, but Flynn just wanted to go through that maze... and maybe also the big dinner table he'd heard about. Heading down to the common room, he spied Jade, then the duo walked together to the maze entrance. They went in a ways, but they stopped before a wall. Jade asked which way they should go, and Flynn looked both directions. "Umm... how 'bout.... uh.." He hesitated, a bit of worry creeping up. What if the direction he picked went somewhere scary? With a sudden burst of inspiration, he pulled out a 2pence coin, then flipped it. "Heads. Let's go left. Hopefully that's the right way... I mean. left... way..." His brows furrowed a bit, the boy tripping on his words in his fluster.

{{Wearing x}}
          kiska166

Can't worry about what other people might say
          It's who I am, gotta live my dream my own way
          Work, work it harder, gotta take it farther
          No holding back, you know we gotta do it right now
          Be even better! Work, work together
          It's now or never! Show 'em how we shine, we gotta
          Push it, push it to the limit, limit
          Cause we're in it to win it, in it to win it! Oh yeah!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:30 pm
User Image
                                              Jade Morris

Jade furrowed her brows. It seemed neither she, nor Flynn knew which way to go. She worried that they wouldn’t be able to figure out which way to go. The blonde watched as her friend pulled out a coin and flipped it before declaring that they should go left. Hopefully it was the correct way. Jade followed Flynn through the passage, which led them to a wall. “I think your coin was wrong,” she said. “Let’s try the other way.” Jade took Flynn’s hand and pulled him in the opposite direction, which led them further into the maze until they came across another fork in the road. “Maybe we should have gotten a magic conch shell – like in that one episode of Spongebob!” she joked. Jade didn’t really believe that a magic conch shell could give them the proper directions, no matter how much it aligned with the theme of the event. “Should we try flipping your coin again?” she asked, looking back at her friend.

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:59 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✩ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I'm so nervous already....

Flynn happily led the way left, hoping he'd correctly picked their path. Unfortunately... it seemed he did not. They hit a literal wall, preventing them from going further. Just as he was about to ask, Jade mentioned his coin being wrong, then said they should try the other direction. Perfect. He nodded in agreement, then felt his cheeks heat up a little bit when Jade grabbed his hand to pull him along behind her. They hurried to the other end, before getting stopped by another fork. Jade mentioned something about a magic conch shell from Spongebob. He'd seen a few episodes, but either not that one or he'd simply forgotten it. "I must've missed that episode, but a conch would go well with our underwater theme." He grinned, then looked at the directions again. Jade asked about his coin, so he nodded and indeed flipped again.

"Heads again. But last time, it was wrong.... so this time, let's go right! The opposite of the coin's choice!"

{{Wearing x}}
          kiska166

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:42 pm
User Image
                                              Jade Morris

Jade frowned when Flynn admitted that he hadn’t seen the magic conch episode of Spongebob Squarepants but laughed when he said it would go well with the event’s theme. “I think so, too,” she agreed with a smile. “Over the holidays, you must watch that episode. It’s brilliant!” she exclaimed, grinning back at her friend, who had agreed with her that flipping the coin would be the best way again. However, he had suggested they do the opposite of what the coin showed. That sounded like a wonderful idea. “Okay, let’s do it!” she agreed, quickly following him in the right direction, which proved to be the wrong direction as a sea spider dropped down from the ceiling and landed directly ahead of them. “Aaah!” Jade shrieked as she stumbled backward and fell on her butt. Immediately, Mickey began growling and barking at the sea snake, trying to protect his owner. “I don’t think we’re supposed to go this way,” she commented, watching as the sea snake slowly float back up, getting ready for its next victims.

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:25 pm
User ImageUser Image
xxxxx✩ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? I did not like that!

Flynn nodded along as Jade said he should watch that particular episode. "I'll sure do my best! Usually over the holidays we're helping mama take care of the inn. But maybe!" He grinned, secretly excited to go back to the routine that the inn provided. Of course, he'd try to queue up the episode, but their tv was... old, and only somewhat worked. But Jade was so excited... maybe he could bike to the library. He was thirteen, after all!

After deciding to trust Flynn's coin again... or rather... not trust it at all, the duo went off the way the coin advised against. Unfortunately for them, it turned out to be not only a dead end, but one with a surprise. A wiggly eel thing fell down upon them, sending Jade back, startling her crup-dog, and earning a nervous shriek from Flynn. Oh yea. It was a horror maze. This was probably only the least scary part. Reaching out, he offered a hand to Jade, then the Hufflebuddies scooted away, looking a bit shaken. "I did not like that. ....... what if it only gets worse?" He looked at Jade, then with a deep breath, pointed at the correct direction. They walked a bit, until a three way split. Left, right, or forward. "It's your turn, Jade. My picks aren't super great."

{{Wearing x}}
          kiska166

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:31 pm
User Image
                                              Jade Morris

Jade took Flynn’s hand as he helped her up and followed him down the correct path. Mickey trailed behind the two but continued growling. Maybe bringing her crup to a scary maze wasn’t such a great idea after all, but Jade couldn’t bare to go anywhere without him. What if someone tried to kidnap her again? “I don’t like that either,” she grumbled under her breath and gasped and squeezed Flynn’s hand when he suggested that the maze only got scarier from there. She wanted to ask if they should turn around and give up, but she could hear chatter closer to the entryway and she did not want the older years, or her classmates for that matter, making fun of her for chickening out. So, she walked down the pathway with her friend until they stopped at a three way split. “I... I dunno,” she mumbled, looking down the three pathways. How was she to choose? “I guess... let’s keep going straight,” she decided after a moment of pondering. It wasn’t like the longer she stared, the more she’d learn about where they were about to be headed.

Cinnabun Gryffie

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Event Archive

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out