NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:58 am
    User Image
    User Image

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:17 am
    "I'm staying."

The sentence was short and sharp, cutting Kithara from her thoughts and prompting her to drop the medicine she had been sorting, landing her sight on Pykari. The smaller pink fox stared up at her with a firm expression -- unlike her and yet enough to ensure Kithara believed the words coming from her mouth. Kithara had an idea where this was coming from, at least; earlier that week she had spoken to Ina, who was similar in age to Pykari and born during the transition. Pykari must have heard of the encounter and made off to begin the discussion before Kithara could find her.

"Hello, Pykari." Kithara left the greeting as a placeholder as she eyeballed the younger fox, noting the stiff frown on Pykari's face. "You seem stressed? Why would that be?"

Pykari swished her tail behind her and settled onto her haunches. "I didn't know it was a question -- I was born here, do I really have to talk to you about where I belong?" She frowned back at the Elder, unwavering in her expression or mood.

It was refreshing, in a way -- most foxes avoided speaking their mind to Kithara if they could avoid it, which was often exhausting. Navigating her own feelings and her tribe members often bore a great toll on the Elder.

"Does that upset you?"
    "Somewhat," Pykari said, huffing lowly. "I get it- why you need to check, but Yasashii is my home. I feel like having to put that into words is redundant. But I'm more upset that I've been waiting for you to get it over with and I haven't seen you at all. I just want to get everything settled."

That made sense and laid a guilty bone within Kithara. She had been busy as of late and had made Pykari and their sibling wait. Now it was Kithara's turn to frown. "I apologize," she admitted, dipping her head into a soft bow. "I'll keep in mind the feelings of those waiting on me more, thank you."

Pykari's expression shifted into one of relief, head-nodding gingerly. "Sorry, I know you're the Elder. I shouldn't speak to you that way."

"It's quite alright." Kithara was quick to answer, head shaking. "I am just at fault for my actions as anyone else. Regardless, you're right. Was there a rank you had eyed during your time here?"

"Maker," Pykari said with an eagerness that sparked a smile on Kithara's face. Oh, she quite liked the newest brood of Yasashii members. "I like making jewelry and mods, but I can also learn to tattoo the symbol."

"Then it is done." Kithara beamed down at the strong fox before her, nodding firmly. "I suppose it's time to receive your tattoo, and then we will find someone to train you into your position." Medicine sorting could wait, they had a new official member to settle in!

Pykari nodded, bouncing up onto her paws and skittering to Kithara's side once the Elder had begun moving towards the exit. "Thank you!" She yipped, tail wagging a mile a minute. "Sorry, again. It's just- I'm not good at all the official talk, y'know? Hate it, really. But thank you for hearing me out."

Kithara chuckled softly, reminded of her own niece as Pykari bounced by her side. "It's alright," she promised, fondly eying the vixen. The newest foxes of Yasashii were a lively and bold bunch with promising futures, and Kithara was excited to see where that took them. Right now, however, Pykari's path needed to take her to get her tattoo, and Kithara was intent on walking the vixen to it.

NymiiNym
Crew

Shy Wife

● RP Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas