By Engraced Sam

Watchman Nee continued his salvation story;

“...After I was saved I continued my study in school. While other students brought novels to class to read, I brought the Bible.
Not long afterwards I went to Shanghai to stay with Miss Dora Yu in order to learn how to serve the Lord.
However, I was sent back by her after only a short stay. She did not explain to me why she was sending me back; she simply said that it was not convenient for me to stay there.
I understood later on that the problem was in me—that it was because as a youth I liked to eat well, dress well, and sleep till eight o’clock in the morning.
After I returned to Foochow I continued my schooling. I did not faint in heart, since I knew God had called me. I knew I had many weaknesses, but God would never forsake me.
Although I occasionally lost my temper and exhibited other bad habits, my schoolmates realized that I was different from before.
Now when I was newly saved I did not know how to lead people to Christ. I thought that the more words I spoke to them the better, that if I said more, then people would be saved.
But I was a total failure, for no one got saved. I felt I was powerless.
Later on, I met a lady missionary, Miss Groves.
She asked me how many souls I had won since I had been saved. I replied that I had preached the gospel to my fellow-students
but that they would not listen; and therefore, the fault lay in them.
She suggested, however, that the fault probably lay in me.
She probed further and asked me if there was anything standing between me and God—if there was any hidden, unconfessed sin.
I had to acknowledge that there were such things. She asked me if I was willing to deal with them immediately; to which inquiry I responded positively.
“She further inquired about how I witnessed to people. I said I had no plan. I simply said what I felt like saying, without any regard to their listening or not. She told me that I was wrong in doing so.
‘You should first speak to God and then speak to men. You should first bring people to God before you speak to them for God. You should pray to God, seeking to know for whom He wants you to pray.
Write these names in a notebook and pray for them daily. Then when opportunities arise, preach the gospel to them.’ I accepted her advice.
“That very day, in fact, I dealt with many sins and unrighteous things. I asked the Lord to cleanse me with His blood and forgive my sins.
From that day onward, I prayed for those whose names were written in my notebook.
At the beginning I prayed for them hourly. I found it was rather difficult, for I did not have much to say. Even in class I prayed secretly for them.
After a few months, my schoolmates considered me a laughingstock.
Whenever they saw me approaching them, they would say that the preacher was coming, and they did not really listen to what I had to say to them.
“Later on I asked Miss Groves why I was still ineffective after having used all the methods she had taught me. She encouraged me to keep on praying till some would get saved.
Thank the Lord, I can testify that all of those except one whose names were written in that
notebook got saved.
There were sixty to seventy names written down in it. Thus did I learn the lesson of never giving up but always praying.”
How have we converted souls on our knees...?