Welcome to Gaia! ::

Love's Orchard {Open/Accepting}

Back to Guilds

Find the love of your life through the taste of fruit~. 

Tags: Romance, Slice of Life, Soulmate, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply ● Ombre Housing District
1301: Prometheus and Hercules Titus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:45 pm
User Image

User Image

tab tab ooc: xoxo
            tab tab outfit: Something warm!
            tab tab posting colour: #D19FE8
            tab tab Day: February 14th

Ah, correct. Screen. Za’saad repeated, as he was reminded of the word. Stefan certainly had his laughs over Za’saad technological disadvantage. Good thing he hadn’t felt embarrassed about it at the time, but it wasn’t exactly the most intellectual moment when he talked to the vacuum cleaner, trying to make it promise not to eat anything important. At home, he would still use a broom and dustpan, but perhaps in the future he’d get more used to all these crazy living but non-living things. To find out Prometheus wasn’t just an average person, but an aficionado when it came to these things, Za’saad couldn’t help but feel like he was in the presence of an ancient wizard - like a records keeper or otherwise extremely knowledgeable person.

Still, it was incredible how lacking his confidence was.

With Prom retreating and Herc explaining about Prom just being in the dumps today, Za’saad agreed with a firm nod that he’d not be overly cautious around the redhead… Well, they were technically both redheads. Did Z find himself to have a type? He certainly did find himself around a lot of redheads lately.

Sitting down now that Prom was back and ushering him somewhere, Z was almost nose to nose with the man as the other examined the work that had been done. Earlier Prometheus had touched his hair, claiming his attraction to silver, and now he was touching his skin all too nonchalantly. Without hesitation, Za’saad reached up and grabbed the hand that touched him, a reaction from having something come towards him where he was blinded. Careful there, one would think you’d yearn for my attention. Za’saad almost purred as he ever so gently pulled the hand to his lips and kissed the tip of Prometheus’ fingers. He was cold to the touch with a hint of condensation from the bottle, but it didn’t bother Za’saad the slightest, instead he just smirked up at Prometheus as he retreated, only to sit down and get himself a glass of wine. The brothers then went on about the art of craftsmanship while Za’saad quite skillfully poured a glass of wine for himself, leaving not a single drop on the lip of the bottle as he set the beauty down and picked up his glass to swirl it and take a whiff of it’s aroma. The brothers’ conversation quickly derailed though and after Hercules claimed his discomfort, Prometheus continued on just in spite of the other. It was strange being witness to but at the same time quite nostalgic and Za’saad couldn’t help but let out a deep belly-rumbling laugh. Some many times had he been around the fireplace with the other men while at war, their conquest of women often their topic, and just like Herc, Z remembered some being awe-inspiringly innocent about the topic. How could he not enjoy such a wondrous display of heartfelt teasing?

While I appreciate the offer, I think this particular piece deserves its rest. I’ve carried it with me for many years now and I believe it’s time to have another one made for myself. I’ll have to find a leatherworker in town, if you know of any it would save me time pursuing a skilled craftsman in these busy streets. It has seen its lifetime of battle and the leather has been worn down to nothing. I’m sure the fit is no longer accurate either, as time weathers all things. Za’saad explained, nodding his head in appreciation while trying to gracefully decline the offer and not slide off his chair while getting his amusement under control. The two of you remind me of home. I never once missed the lands from which I came, but I suppose there were joyous times and banter not unlike this. Swirling his wine, he took a sip with a smile. Songs, dances, and laughter of the people will always be a treasured memory - so you have my gratitude for reminding me of a bygone era.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:05 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Our location : Home | Our company : Each other and Z | How are we feeling? : Herc is horrified/Prom is neutral | Our Residence : 1301 Ombre Housing District | Our Profiles/b] : Herc/Prom
                                        Our Occupations : Herc is job hunting/Prom works at Mushroom Kingdom | Our status : We are both single | OOC : Herc speaks in this color, Prom speaks in this color. When they speak Russian is is bracketed like [[this]].

The redhead watches him after he grabs his hand, pushing aside his usual instinct to retaliate for touching him since he DID initiate it by putting himself within reachable distance. "Not quite yet big guy, but you can keep trying. By all means." it is casual flirting which has the older brother gleeful and the younger grossed out beyond belief. But at least Prom looks like he's enjoying himself instead of looking depressed like earlier. Hercules will take the torture if it ends up this way every time any day over the alternative. Prom squints at the man as he kisses his fingertips, but still looks amused by it all, so Hercules doesn't worry about bodily harm happening right before his very eyes and just focuses on finishing up the meat so he can start filling the dumplings.

"I don't know of anyone now that I think about it. You don't have anymore of the leather leftover from your gear Prom?"The redhead shakes his head as he takes a drink of the wine, grimacing for a second as he reacquaints himself with the burn of alcohol. Its...been awhile. "No, I had no use for it so I sold it awhile back. I work with metal more, and I doubt that makes for a comfortable patch." Now his brother grimaces as he takes some of the mixed mince meet and veggies with the dough and sets part of it down in front of Prom. Without a word, the redhead stands to wash his hands before sliding off his jacket and putting it on his chair so he could pick up some of the meat and start filling the dumplings. Instead of ignoring it like the last couple of times when he feels his brother's sad gaze on his scars, he opens his mouth to address it. The only thing that stops him is Z speaking again, looking pleased as he swirls his wine and speaks. "Well, for what it's worth, we kind of get the feeling of being far from home. So, I am glad we could give someone missing home like us some good nostalgia."

Prom just shrugs as he continues filling dumplings and sealing them, working quickly and efficiently to a point where he finishes filling before his brother. "Slowpoke." He teases as he brings up his finished tray to Herc, hip bumping the chuckling man out of his way to finish the others. After washing his hands, Hercules takes Prom's seat, resting his hand under his chin as he follows the string of numbers under Prom's barcode. He's never asked what it means, what it was for, because Prom always seemed so aware of it. Almost self-conscious of people seeing it. "What does your tattoo mean?" There is tensionin Prom's back as he works, shoulders rolling because he knows he can't just cover it with his hands because they are dirty from the food. "Proto01: The Prometheus Projeckt." Herc's hand drops as he sits up straight, he almost looks guilty like he is going to say something, but Prom washes his hands, before turning around as he dries them. [["Had to pick my name from somewhere, we both know they had no plans to name their lab rat."]] He sets the rag down and walks over, dropping his hand on his brother's head in a soft tap. "Don't look at me like that. You look like I killed your cat. Go fry the dumplings or the meat will get nasty." He waits until his seat is unoccupied before sitting back down and sliding the jacket back onto himself.

Taking another sip of the wine, he offers Z a smile, a little tense but otherwise normal. "So, if you aren't from around here, where are you from?"

Ashtail Foxclaw

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Wall Street 200

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:29 pm
User Image

User Image

Flirting was always fun and how could he not send the same looks back that he got in return? Still, tension eventually built up between the brothers. It felt… strange. For someone who was supposed to be near and dear family, it seemed they didn’t know all too much about each other. Or, at the minimum, Za’saad would’ve presumed that all inking of the skin would’ve been explained eons before this very moment in front of a stranger. Za’saad was just silently sipping on his wine while he observed the two strangers, before eventually Prometheus was back in front of him and asking about where he came from. Taking this opportunity to keep the subject changed and hopefully the mood more cheerful.

Ah, well… He began, putting down his glass to thoughtfully rub his chin while searching for the right words. My story began far away from this realm, in lands beyond the boundaries of your reality, and in a time much different than the one that exists here. I was raised by a royal mage and taught the ways of the magic before I set out to learn what was beyond castle walls. This is all part of my training to eventually become the Monarch’s counsel. After I learnt of everything I could by peasants and lords alike, I began traversing dimensions to find alternate realities - which is how I ended up here. Eventually, I shall return a wiser man. I spent what felt like a lifetime serving a war the last realm I visited, so I’m thrilled to settle down in this peaceful one for a while. It’s easier learning of the people more intimately.

Za’saad spoke casually and with steeled resolve, his tone soft and kind, and his body language relaxed. Still, it was pretty much all a lie. While he did go from one dimension to another, it was only one and not by choice, neither was he royal council nor in-training. And for whether or not he’d ever return was something even he didn’t know the answer to.

This city is filled with strange creatures from all kinds of backgrounds, not to mention the power that resides in the earth around here. It’s a prime sport for a mage to explore.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:47 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Our location : Home | Our company : Each other and Z | How are we feeling? : Herc is confused by Prom's sudden aggression/Prom is cautious | Our Residence : 1301 Ombre Housing District | Our Profiles/b] : Herc/Prom
                                        Our Occupations : Herc is job hunting/Prom works at Mushroom Kingdom | Our status : We are both single | OOC : Herc speaks in this color, Prom speaks in this color. When they speak Russian is is bracketed like [[this]].

Hercules seems interested in this change of topic, fascinated by the idea of a different world altogether. Is there such a place where someone can go to experience different things? He's caught in the lies easily, not able to really tell such things. Prom, however, regards the man with glowing eyes, seeming to study him intensely, eyes even dropping down to the man's chest before he is humming in thought. His tone catches Herc's attention, one that reads he is doubtful and maybe almost sarcastic when he speaks. "What a magical story." Herc gives him a look, but he's chuckling as holding up the rag from earlier as if to say he means to be peaceful, though he seems cynical.

"No really. It sounds like something right out of a fairytale."He watches Z as he speaks, his smile slowly fading out before he's taking his wine glass to take a sip and bite down on his tongue until he tastes blood. He doesn't like not knowing where people come from, or not knowing anything about a person when he meets them. It is rare, but it has happened. Like when he went to see Vlad in one of those "other realms" the man speaks of. He didn't know anyone there, as their tech was much different from his. It didn't stop him from probing everything he possibly could and taking that info with him. But it did make it harder for him to relax. "And it is very true that there is an abundance of creatures here. Ones with different abilities. Take my brother and I for example. Hercules here can change his age and his body to accommodate that age, though he tends to forget information as that happens until he is back to his actual age. And I speak to and can control anything with an electrical current. I also heal quickly, remember everything I see or hear to a point that I have to move data from my brain like a computer. Essentially I am basically the world's best biological Artificial Intelligence. And one skill I am particularly proud of is my sense of intuition regarding people. I was good at spotting deceitful people, so much so that I got paid to rid the world of them." He pointedly watches Z as he says the last bit, offering a smile as he leans his hand on his chin again.

"It's not sparkly fingers like mages, but it gets me by and keeps my brother safe. Get me?" A soft warning that he knows the man lied, and a threat that he will do anything to protect his brother if the man's lie was meant to hurt them in some way. Though he doesn't know what business this person would have with him, he's always careful of whatever assassin might be sent after him.

Ashtail Foxclaw

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:33 pm
User Image

User Image

Oh what wicked pleasure. Za’saad only got more and more relaxed and excited as Prometheus spoke, even the threat seemed to do nothing but amuse him. Prom was quite straightforward with his approach, wasn’t he?

Quite commendable of you. Though I assure there’s no reason for your concern with me, my warring days are far behind and my magic would surely be bested against the world’s best intellectual. The pools from which my power draws have a weak connection to this world and I’d be hard pressed to show a worthy sparring match at this time. However, should you still want to tussle, I’m sure we can arrange such a thing in more private quarters. Za’saad couldn’t help but smirk a little, reaching for his glass so he could take another sip of this delicious red liquid.

I may use eloquent words, but fairytales are few and far in between. This city has the most beautiful scenery I’ve experienced despite my long travels and I have no intention of drawing ill will towards blossoms as beautiful as the ones I see here. The last bit was a reference to Prom and Herc, more so than actual flowers, but it might’ve been a little too abstract to come across as cleanly as one would hope - still, his gaze was as flirtatious as ever and he never seemed to drop the smile from his lips either.

As you’ve been so forthcoming as to share your abilities, let me share mine as well - though they’re not quite as sparkly as one might like. Saying that, Za’saad put the glass back down and began concentrating for a moment. His coral irises began to glow a soft lavender colour, symbols in the same glow appearing in the palm of his hand before the glass lifted itself off the table. Around the glass, for only a millimeter, space seemed distorted. I can neither breathe fire nor summon ice, shape water nor mold earth; no, I wasn’t birthed with such conventional elements. Instead I manipulate gravity. Setting the glass back down safely, his eye returned to normal and the glow completely disappeared from his hand as well. As impressive as it may sound however, I’m hardly someone to be afraid of. My strength in this realm is limited, but I don’t mind it much. It is quite refreshing, actually. If you don’t find that reassuring, you’re welcome to ask any questions - I have nothing to hide.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:58 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Our location : Home | Our company : Each other and Z | How are we feeling? : Herc is amazed and curious/Prom is pleased and relax | Our Residence : 1301 Ombre Housing District | Our Profiles/b] : Herc/Prom

Hercules releases all of his tension the moment that he hears Prom make a snorting sound, as if he's holding back a laugh. And then it is out, and the tension in even Prom's shoulders is gone as he covers his face to laugh in his hands. He's never given a kind smile, nor has laughed with an open expression before. But the man's reaction is so unlike what he is used to, that he couldn't help himself. He HAD to laugh."I threaten you and you just flirt harder." He rests his chin on his hand, face flushed from his exertion as he takes off his glasses to wipe the tears of joy from his eyes. It is refreshing for Herc to see him look amused and relaxed. "I might have to take you up on that sparring match. It isn't often I am this intrigued."

The blossom thing goes right over Herc's head as he envisions the flowers he has seen up until now, but Prom grins in understanding. This guy really likes to lay things on pretty thick, and prom is here for it. He hasn't had this much entertainment since the last time they had lunch with Andromeda and he got to harass Hercules right in front of her. It is a hobby of his to embarrass his brother as much as possible. "You must really get lucky with that mouth of yours." Hercules is ready to gag, but he turns his attention to what Za'saad is doing with the wine glass after he offers to show what he can do. Prom would normally chastise him for looking away from what he was doing at the stove, but he was equally focused on what they were being shown. "Can you lift a person? Or is that too much for you to do in this world?" Prom nudges his brother back to the crackling fryer, though Herc still looks back at the glass like it will do something else.

"I was in another world once, but I was fortunate to still have connection to technology. Does it feel muted for you?" It is hard for him to imagine being disconnected from technology entirely. And apparently the devices in his house feel the same as they start making noise all at once, causing him to sigh. "I am not getting ideas alright? Calm down. I don't plan to go to some realm away. I am just curious if someone else has a connection to their own power like me." Like it is a living entity who exists in harmony with him, or just something he can do without attachment.

Ashtail Foxclaw

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Ashtail Foxclaw

Virtuous Nymph

24,025 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:32 pm
User Image

User Image

Za’saad raised an eyebrow at the laughing, giving Prom a curious look while the man collected himself and openly admitted the threat rather than keeping their game covert. Well, a man who can take care of himself is far more attractive than someone who needs saving. A threat is simply a measure of who you are, flirting a tool - as for whether I get lucky or not is up to you. Z explained calmly, smiling at the man who was just doing his best to regain his composure. Stilly, Za’saad attention was soon returned to Hercules when asked about his strength limits. Unfortunately not. But I can slow a person down. I can make everything within an area two, three, sometimes more, times as heavy. I would demonstrate but I’d rather not ruin your lovely home, so perhaps that should be for emergencies only. Though, where I came from, I was strong enough to rearrange the mountain scenery. Despite saying it so softly and almost kindly, there was a hint of guilt in his tone. After all, it was just a pretty way to say he destroyed what he touched.

Muted might not be the correct description. Za’saad said as he leaned back on his chair and pondered Prom’s questions. While one could say it was muted in a sense, it was also an overall limit to all of his capabilities. It is more like being brought back to a time as a child, where I neither understood intention or intonation of my incantations. My connection is a sliver of what it was, like a single strand of a spider’s thread keeping me in touch with the pools; strong enough to carry heavy burdens, but also fragile should I pull too hard… I was born with this connections, so I often question if I would want it back or if I’m happier without it... If you’re truly curious though, I can try to lift you off the ground. Za’saad cooed the last bit with a cheeky grin as he threw his glance to Hercules. He could pretty much guaranteed that Herc wouldn’t even feel it much at all, except for maybe being a little lighter for a few moments, but the differences would likely be mostly unnoticeable.

tiny14xx2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:00 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image
                                        tab Our location : Home | Our company : Each other and Z | How are we feeling? : Herc is amazed and curious/Prom is feeling understanding | Our Residence : 1301 Ombre Housing District | Our Profiles/b] : Herc/Prom

"Believe me. I haven't been a damsel ever in my life. You learn not to be when survival is a factor." Something Herc personally doesn't really know much about. He was sheltered from the realities of their life for a long time before he learned the truth. Though in his defense, it is hard to learn through the haze of being stuck as a child for as long as he can remember. They don't know much about one another because they only just started really knowing each other after decades of being apart. Prom isn't a saint either and can admit that part of him resented Hercules for being the child they had because they wanted to, and not the child made from experimentation in a false womb with crazy DNA. He never got the connection that their mother had with Herc, because she never mothered him. He was her thesis and her end game result. And maybe not even that if "prototype" was any indication.

It also factors into their two different reactions towards the man's words and how it was said. Hercules thought it was amazing, and it showed on his face. "Mountains..." However, Prom's face became one of understanding as he clocked the same tone he got when he reminisced over the lives he took in his own time. Accidental or otherwise. "No demonstration needed." His tone was a lot softer than it had been the entire time, showing that he could relate to carrying that kind of feeling in your chest, but didn't care to pity the man like he was a damaged person needing gentle regard. He just...sympathized with the feeling.

Hercules finishes up the last of the dumplings so they can cool down and he can actually pay better attention to the conversation. Because he honestly found it totally fascinating. The ability to alter gravity. He would honestly prefer something like that to his more useless abilities. "uh, no thanks. I think I like my feet on the ground where they belong." He turns his attention to Prom, who has his hand on his chin and a faraway look. Like he's cataloguing the information he was given and analyzing it. As much as Prom hates to admit it, he did get a very scientific mind. Something he picked up around his time stuck in a lab.

"I was made to be able to do what I can, but I was still born and I still had to grow into what I can do. But I kind of also deal with a part of my power that is a lot more sentient. So, while I get the feeling of being on that fine line, it is still probably a different experience for you than for me." It is the first thing he says when he comes out of his thoughts. "The amount of commonalities between us is becoming a little uncanny." He's only teasing with the man, but makes sure not to push it too much so he doesn't open old wounds like people do to him.

Standing from the chair, he stretches out before puttering about the kitchen to take out plates and utensils. "I am going to make sure that Iolaus is okay and has food. Serve yourselves however many you like." Prom gives his brother a nod before the man is excitedly stepping out of the kitchen. "He grew up separately from me, and was kind of sheltered. So if he says anything that might be personal to you, try not to take offense. He personally doesn't mean it." He sets down a plate with several of the dumplings in front of Za'saad before he's putting some on a plate for himself. "He doesn't know a lot about my personal history either, so be warned that things can get awkward from time-to-time. We are still learning one another's boundaries."

Ashtail Foxclaw

tiny14xx2

Adorable Sweetheart

9,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200

Yummy Galaxxy

Captain

Divine Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:30 am
x