Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Other Archives
WCC - Round 3! Terashi and Wren vs Wally and Lisia Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:13 pm
Having won their respective battles Terashi and Wren are paired up this time to battle together in the next round of double battles.

This time they find themselves on a field designed to look like a desert oasis. On the outer parts of the field it was nothing but sand and right in the middle, where a Pokeball design typically would be, was a pond filled with cool water and a single stone platform in the center to make it reminiscent of a Pokeball. The closer towards the pond in the center the more plant life grew out of the sands

Shortly after they arrived and were introduced their opponents would show up as well.

"And representing Team Hoenn is Ever Grande Conference runner up Wally of Petalburg City and Pokemon Coordinator, world famous pop idol, and niece of Gym Leader and former Champion Wallace, Lisia of Sootopolis City!" The announcer declared.

"Please don't hold back." Wally said with surprising confidence in his tone despite how he physically held himself in a meek and frightened manner. The boy would toss a Pokeball onto the field, the device popping open to release a Delcatty.

"Hey guys! It's Lisia here coming at you live from Wyndon Stadium! Your girl has made it onto the third round with no signs of stopping! Looks like Pokemon battles will be the next thing I'm known for after I become champion!" Lisia giggled, speaking into a Roto-phone floating in front of her face. Apparently she was streaming to her fans. Without a word directly at her opponents she tossed a ball onto the field herself, or rather into the pond at the center, a Gorebyss popping its head out of the water.

"Check it fam! You might recognize this one, a gift from my uncle Wallace! Shout out to uncle Wally!" Lisia giggled. Wally, from Petalburg, gave her a weird look.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:44 am
Wren saw his opponents make their appearance before recalling that this was supposed to be a double battle just like the last round. He'd be so focused on seeing who they were up against that, for a moment, he forgot that Terashi was his partner. Knowing what he did about Terashi's battle style(which was surprisingly little, he had to admit) it seemed that he preferred all out attacks unless he was pushed into defense. So if they were to work as a team, he would need to alternate his own style to accommodate for those moments. So he would begin by throwing out the Nest Ball containing his Sawsbuck. "Asphodel, we're in a tournament battle today. Think you're up to it?" He asked the Pokemon as it stamped it's feet almost impatiently. "Saw!" The Pokemon barked out, eager to serve.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:26 pm
I sighed as I walked up to the arena. I had hoped I'd be done with the double battle format, but that was not the case. My teammate in the second round, while probably better than Leon, was not a competitive Pokemon Trainer as far as I knew. I mean, he was a monotype trainer for Arceus's sake. I just hoped Wren would be more receptive to forming a strategy and not insist on doing his own thing like Leon did.

Once I had taken my spot, I watched the Team Hoenn representatives we were to face let out their Pokemon - Delcatty and Gorebyss. I had wanted to use the half of my team I didn't use last round - aside from Rala of course - but I should have know better. This was a tournament. An ACTUAL competition. Only the most strategically viable Pokemon in my team would see action. That's what it would take to win this. To return to my fiance with the Champion belt around my waist. Fortunately, the strategically viable Pokemon was easy to choose in this situation. A Normal-type and a Water-type. No dual-types to worry about. Bruno was the obvious choice given his moveset, and given that the only move in these two Pokemon's moveset that he'd be weak to was Shadow Ball. Sure, they both knew it, but I already had a couple counters for it in mind. That said, I wasn't alone in this, and I had to keep that in mind. Since Brunor wouldn't have much to worry about weakness-wise, he would have to cover for whatever Pokemon Wren used, and that's to say nothing for whatever Pokemon these two bring out after the ones already on the field.

When Wren brought out Sawsbuck, I panicked for a second, remembering that this Unova-native has SIX type weaknesses. But then i recalled the movessets of our enemies and realized Sawsbuck in the same position as Brunor. Of the six, Delcatty and Gorebyss only had one type they had good moves for - Ice, specifically Ice Beam and Blizzard. Again, those were moves both of them could learn and like in Brunor's case, they were moves that had to be taught using Technical Machines, so they might not even have access to them.

With my course of action decided, I let Brunor out of his ball and pulled out my SNAG. The girl on Hoenn's side had her phone out so it shouldn't be that suspicious.

To Wren
We should come up with a strategy. Delcatty and Gorebyss only have good moves against our Pokemon if they got them from Technical Machines so this first match could be easy, but we should take precautions just in case. They both have moves that inflict confusion so it might be prudent to strike first in that regard.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:57 pm
"I guess we'll make the first move. Lisia, could you please buy Delcatty some time? Maybe your opening act?" Wally asked before turning to his cat. "Use Nasty Plot!" He ordered, the feline letting out a loud 'meow' which soon turned into an almost sinister hissing sound as it seemed to smile. It just cooked up a nasty plot in its head. It then closed its eyes.

"No prob! Ready my Lisia-nators!? Give them a show! Use Confuse Ray!" Lisia commanded with a twirl, her Gorebyss going underwater and sticking its just its tail out as it unleashed a bright flash of light from its fin to dazzle and confuse their opponents.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Requiem of Whyspers rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-8)

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:56 pm
((First dice is for number of posts confusions lasts. Second is for whether it breaks this turn or not. Evens, it doesn't, odds it does))

Wren shook his head softly after the flash of light from that Gorebyss went off, attempting to rid his vision of he incessant spots that appeared afterward. "Stay calm, Asphodel!" He called out, grabbing for his SNAG as it went off. He rolled his eyes slightly when he read the message. He could understand the desire to win but wouldn't it simply be more fun to just have at it and enjoy the battle?

He'd shoot a message back to Terashi before calling out to his stumbling cervid partner.

You've probably noticed that my Pokemon aren't traditionally trained for battle. Take the lead and I'll offer support wherever I can, as best I can.

"Asphodel, use Safeguard!" He had hoped to use it before a move like Confuse Ray had been used but at the very least, if the Grass-type could pull it off through the confusion, they'd have protection from future status ailments for a bit. The deer would hear the command but in it's flailing, attempting to escape the spots and wobbling visions he was seeing, ended up tripping over his own forelegs and slamming his face into the ground with his full weight behind the fall twice in a row before regaining his footing. "Oh dear... That can't be a good sign." Wren grumbled, scratching at his chin softly as he considered how to respond to this predicament.  
TerashiLeonGoken rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-8)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:44 am
((Using the same system Kaya used))

I put my SNAG back in its bag. Wren would do what he could, but this battle probably wouldn't be any different than the one with Leon. That said, I wasn't going to give up. Wally was definitely planning something, and unfortunately, Brunor didn't have anything in his moveset that could undo the buff My only option was to stall for time.

"Use Hypnosis on Delcatty," I told Brunor. "Gallade!" Brunor shouted, like s soldier standing at attention. I questioned myself whether he'd been spending too much time with Rala or not enough while he worked his Psychic magic on the cat Pokemon, trying to lull it to sleep with hallucinogenic mental imagery. What he didn't realize, however, is that his attack never left his own mind, and he just wound up with a massive psychic migraine for his trouble. I couldn't help but facepalm at the display.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
SubonicXP generated a random number between 1 and 10 ... 7!

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:05 pm
Wally chuckled nervously as he watched not one but both of the opposing Pokemon fumble their moves and hurt themselves in their confusion. Lisia on the other hand thought it was hilarious and couldn't stop herself from laughing out loud, commanding her Roto-phone to zoom in on their faces. The boy did have to admit though, it was kind of humorous.

Turning back to the battle Wally prepared his next move. "Delcatty, blast Gallade with Charge Beam!" He ordered. With a hiss Delcatty's fur would stand on ends and it would crackle with electricity before it fired off a powerful beam of not yellow but pure white electricity straight for Gallade, the beam boosted not just by Nasty Plot but something else. Any residual electricity would be collected and stored in Delcatty to further increase its Special Attack.

"Well Lisia-nators it's time we perform a cover of dear Wally and Delcatty's duet! Gorebyss, use Psych Up on Delcatty!" Lisia commanded. Gorebyss would respond by staring intensely at Delcatty, a glimmer of pink energy seen in its eyes as it copied the increases to Delcatty's Special Attack.

Their opponents clearly had a plan; trip up the enemy and use the opportunity to greatly boost their Pokemon. They were getting very strong very fast and the Snagems better do something about it quick.

(If 1-7 then Delcatty has its Special Attack raised one more stage by Charge Beam's effect.)  
Requiem of Whyspers rolled 1 4-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:58 pm
SubonicXP

((Same dice odds for confusion to break.))

Wren wasn't liking where this was going in a hurry. Their opponents were bolstering their forces while he and Terashi were floundering. He tried to remember if switching Pokemon was allowed in this tournament but for the life of him couldn't recall if there had been an official ruling on that before this round began. So rather than risking breaking the rules, he called out to his partner again. "Asphodel, block that Charge Beam and use Jump Kick on Delcatty!" If the Sawsbuck was able to break through the confusion, it could clear the oasis in one jump and bring the fight up close against their opponents. It could also soak up that Electric Attack easier than Gallade could. He just had to cross his fingers and hope for the best.

While Asphodel heard the attack called, he couldn't seem to coordinate his limbs properly after that last face plant into the ground. Stumbling for a moment in an effort to try and get his body moving, the Sawsbuck would take off toward Brunor, intending to defend him as Wren had bid but tripped over his own feet as the spots in his vision left him momentarily blinded again, tumbling in between Brunor and the incoming attack. Hopefully he could still manage to block the Charge Beam and recover. There was no way the cervid Pokemon could take another hit like this without some kind of recovery and Wren knew it.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:56 am
Of course that was their strategy. It didn't help matters that luck seemed to be on their side for the time being. "Looks like they're trying to amplify their power. Follow suit, Brunor. Swords Dance!"

Brunor began to perform an ancient ritualistic dance of his species, weaving blades made of Normal-type energy around his body. It wouldn't be long before the Confusion kicked in, however, and his dance became more and more erratic before he inevitably tripped, fell, and had energy swords land on him. This only amplified my frustration, and I was concerned that the enemy would soon begin their advance.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:37 am
Asphodel would take the Charge Beam for Brunor but alas that was probably the only good thing that happened for Team Snagem in this battle as Delcatty successfully empowered its self further with its Charge Beam. Now it was one really pumped up kitty and soon would be dishing out the pain in spades.

"I think we're good enough, Wally! Time to head into the main act!" Lisia called out to her teammate before turning to Gorebyss. "Gorebyss, set the stage from the next round of displays! Rain Dance!" Obeying the command the Gorebyss would leap out of the pond and wiggle into the air, summoning forth a rain cloud above the oasis biome. It began to rain.

Wally would nod at Lisia and as it began to ran he turned his attention to Delcatty. "Strike Gallade! Thunder!" The boy called out. With a hiss the cat's fur would crackle with white electricity like before and right after a massive bolt of white electricity would come crashing down upon Brunor with such force that upon impact it sounded, and even looked like, a bomb went off. The Normal type Thunder by a three times Special Attack increased Delcatty was going to hurt, incredibly bad.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
Requiem of Whyspers rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:46 pm
SubonicXP

Wren could only grimace as their opponents called out their next moves. There was very little he would be able to do to stop an attack like that from connecting, even if Asphodel managed to break through his confusion. The best he could hope for here would be for Asphodel to shake off the confusion already and land the one and only attack he could think of that would get the deer back in action and revitalized. This would be the last chance he had to get the two of them back into this battle without them simply starting at a deficit. He could only hope that his partner could pull through. "Asphodel, use Horn Leech on Gorebyss!" He called out, fingers crossed and hoping the Grass-type would be able to follow through at last but already planning who to send in should he fail.

Standing up and shaking his head, the cervid Pokemon's horns began to glow a bright green. The flash from that Charge Beam along with the electrical energy surging through him seemed to be enough for him to have found his focus once again and he was both ready to rumble and angry at the way he'd been "tricked" as he saw it. Running toward the oasis, he would make a mighty leap over the water and, when he crashed down, he aimed not just to slam his antlers into Gorebyss but also to scoop it up and hurl it onto dry land, where it would have a harder time battling. "Saaaaaaw!" He brayed as he charged, making his anger known.  
TerashiLeonGoken rolled 1 4-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:54 am
When I heard what the enemy had in store for Brunor, I put my right hand in my pocket and held the Betyl Stone. Talking would be too slow. Mental communication was my best option in that moment.

...unfortunately, Brunor's Confushion warped his mind, and when he tired to use the move I told him to, it basically resulted in him catching the Thunder with his face. This did have the fortunate side effect of clearing up his Confsed state, but only for it to be replaced with Paralasis. That said, it didn't really matter since he was about to faint.

"Gal... lade..." Brunor tried to say as the pain brought him to his knees. I sighed at this, feeling frustrated that his contribution to the battle was negated by a single move. "No, Brunor, this is my fault. I should have switched you out the second Confuse Ray hit," I told him, pulling out his ball as he fell to the ground. I recalled his unconscious body back to his Pokeball, then pulled out another, letting out a gigantic dragon. Or, well, it owuld be gigantic if Dynamaxing wasn't a thing.

"Your target is Delcatty," I said flatly, glaring at said pink cat Pokemon while pushing my glasses closer to my face. "Use Close Combat."

Haku rushed at Delcatty, charging Fighting-type energy as he ran. Once within smacking distance, Haku rained a flurry of blows on the cat, focusing entirely on crushing the enemy and giving now heed to his own well being. I watched on, uncertain whether Delcatty would faint from this attack, seeing as it was basically at full health.

I could only hope that it would get the message...  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:03 pm
Finally the Snagem Pokemon would be able to execute moves of their own, the confusion wrecking havoc on them and certainly brought up the question if they could recover from it. Asphodel would scoop Gorebyss up with its Horn Leech, draining away some of its health, and then promptly dispatched it onto land, however dry it was not thanks to the Rain Dance still in play. Wet it would remain but it couldn't stay here forever if it wanted to actually breath. Besides that the Super Effective move hurt, a lot. All it could do was flop.

As for Delcatty it and Wally were paying close attention to what Terashi would do next now that he was forced to send out another. Upon hearing the command Wally would give an order. "Thunder on Kommo-o!" He cried out.

Delcatty would crackle with white electricity as Haku rushed towards it. The Delcatty wouldn't get its attack off before Haku did but that was not the goal. The dragon would slam into Delcatty and pummel it relentlessly, sending it flying violently with the final blow. After the last hit of Haku's flurry of blows a massive bolt of white electricity would slam down upon it from above as the Thunder struck true. Not only would Haku be denied resistance thanks to the Normalized Thunder but since the attack went after Haku's Close Combat, which reduced its Defense and Special Defense, the Thunder would pack even b 'oomph' than it already was thanks to Delcatty's stat increases.

As for the kitty itself it wouldn’t survive the attack, only hanging in there long enough to direct the Thunder to its target and then fainting. Recalling his Pokemon Wally stashed the ball away and tossed another out onto the field, the device popping open to release an Azumarill, the aquatic bunny letting out a happy cry as it prepared itself for battle.

“Oh poor dear! Stranded on land! Whatever shall we do, Wally?” Lisia smiled at her partner who just nodded in response. “Gorebyss! Blast Sawsbuck with Ice Beam!” Perhaps surprising their foes Gorebyss would reveal its ability as it went from being a helpless flopping fish on the wet ground to expertly slithering and sliding into position to fire off a powerful Ice Beam, empowered by the earlier Psych Up, at Asphodel. Swift Swim, thanks to the rain it could maneuver easily on land, least for the time being.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:13 am
SubonicXP

Wren grimaced when the Ice Beam was called for. There was no coming back from that move after the damage Asphodel had already taken, even with the recovery from it's Horn Leech. The cervid Pokemon crumpled under the focused stream of frigid energies, frost forming on it's antlers and parts of it's fur even as Wren recalled the Pokemon to it's Ball.

Taking a short moment to consider their opponents, his Pokemon and his battle partner, he made a decision on who to send in next. That Pokemon, he'd read about it being a Dragon-type before but thanks to that Delcatty, he had to assume from the odd color of it's attacks, that it had an ability that altered them somehow. It wasn't safe to assume Terashi's Pokemon wouldn't struggle on it's own. "Hyacinth!" If he could take out the fish, they'd have a better chance at reclaiming the ground they'd lost here and, thankfully, he'd taken the time to train Hyacinth in more aggressive techniques between rounds. "Use Petal Blizzard!" As the Florges materialized, her dichroic petals shifting colors as the wind ruffled them about, the petals seemed to flow off of her neck and into the wind, swirling about in an ever-shifting aurora of bladed flowers bits which were commanded to assail their opponents, focusing largely on Gorebyss. Hopefully, this would also help to shield Terashi's Pokemon from a direct attack right away as well.  

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:47 pm
I cursed my luck at Wally having an Azumarill. Haku was extremely weak to Fairy-type moves and didn't have many attacks that would be especially effective against an Azumarill. That said, having an ally with a Grass-type was fortunate.

Haku gritted his teeth as the Normal-type energy flew through his body in the way Electric-type energy would. It felt bizzare, to say nothing of the pain, but Haku tried to ignore it, focusing instead on the pride he felt in taking down that Delcatty in a single blow.

My innate ability as a Channeler let me sense this emotion coming from Haku, giving me an idea on how to proceed. "Haku, I need you to focus on that pain. I want you to use it to power a Revenge that you can use to finish off the Gorebyss with," I explained. Haku responded in Pokespeak that Rala was quick to translate. So, you want me to pull a Samurai?

I smirked at that, remembering Samurai's penchant for that move. "Yes," I said simply. Haku nodded, then ran around Gorebyss, trying to find a place to attack that would leave him the least submerged by Petal Blizzard before striking. As Haku returned to my side, I turned to Wren. "Haku can't do anything about that Azumarill, so if you can get Hyacinth to focus on that, I can have Haku focus on whatever Lisia brings out," I offered. That said, if the teenage girl brought out another Fairy-type, I would have to recall Haku for Rala.  
Other Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff