Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[PRP] Extended Family (Jamaiceth, Felisath, Riders)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:14 pm
User Image

It had been a few months since Surel had stood at her final hatching, and somehow it felt like it had been years longer and weeks shorter all at once. Everything had changed in the blink - or the whirl - of an eye. Now it felt as though she'd known Jamaiceth her whole life, as if she hadn't been without her for the Turns she'd spent as a weyrbrat and a Candidate. And yet the moment of Impression was fresh in her mind as if it had just happened and every time she glanced at her stunning green she was reminded it.

Jamaiceth, for her part, was enjoying being out of the shell. Things were so much more interesting out here, though sometimes they were a little too interesting. She loved being with Hers more than anything and thankfully they were never far apart, but sometimes the things they had to do were confusing or exhausting. Wouldn't it be nicer to go rest on the warm sand by the sea and do those chores later? Or could perhaps Surel oil her now and do her homework after? Oh, it's due in an hour? Oh well, I suppose I'll wait. Can I help?

Today, however, was a rest day, the best day of the week in Jamaiceth's humble opinion. Surel enjoyed them too, of course, though she was always quite keen to get on with their studies. She'd told Jamaiceth that they could use rest days to work on their bond, and as long as she turned whatever task she wanted to accomplish into a game Jamaiceth was always happy to do so. Today, however, they had nothing planned. The air was chilly - too cold for Surel to go swimming - but the sun lured the pair onto the beach for a walk. Surel watched as her young green pranced ahead, following the trail some sea creature left on the sand. Jamaiceth would never be terribly big, but already she'd put on quite a few feet and a more than decent amount of weight. Surel smiled slightly, then laughed as Jamaiceth shoved her snout into the sand to try to find something that had burrowed down into it.

"Careful, you'll end up with a noseful of that stuff," she warned even as Jamaiceth withdrew her head and snorted powerfully, shaking it back and forth to dislodge the wet sand.

Oh, it feels terrible, she complained, trotting back to Surel, clearly seeking assistance with removing the soggy granules.

Uta

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:40 am
User Image

The rainy season of winter was in full swing, but a few days dry spell had hung over Western Weyr and its surrounding waters. The clouds were sparse this day, which meant Felisath and Kiri planned to take gross advantage of some times out doors to soak up the sun.

They weren't alone in such a want; dragons of all colors had come down to the beach and the longer the sun stayed out, the more crowded it would be. But Felisath wasn't always keen for company, particularly of the male variety, and had instead insisted they glide farther down shore, where it was quieter, less crowded, and far more comfortable for Felisath. Thankfully, Kiri didn't mind, and was more than happy to set up a few blankets, and lounge on the beach with her green. Felisath could come and go in and out of the water as she pleased, and Kiri could pick up rocks and shells, or just enjoy some time to relax and chit-chat with her beloved.

At present, she'd been leaning against Felisath's side, partially dozing, when something changed. She could always tell when her green was focused on something or someone, and it stirred her more fully awake. What's up? Yaguareth? It was her first thought on what might have drawn Felisath's eye. If not Yaguareth, perhaps Ky'ra and her queen?

No. It's one of Kleoth's daughters--Jamaiceth. There was a hint of pleasure and pride within her words, even though her usual anxiety remained. Like the delicate green making her way up the beach, Felisath had also been a very petite and small green.

Unlike Jamaiceth though, she had never (as far as she remembered) eaten a face full of sand.

Oh dear. Are you quite all right, little one? Felisath pulled away from where she had been resting, moving a bit closer so she might better fuss over the young weyrling. Her eyes whirled with yellow, but a blue-green could be seen past her concern. She paused far enough away so she wasn't a complete bother--but her interest and concern were both sincere.

Kiri picked herself up off the blanket and followed suit. "Hello there," she greeted Surel amicably, giving a lazy wave.
SilverLutz
Sorry for the delay! <3

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:19 pm
"I told you it would," Surel chided with nothing but fondness in her tone as she brushed off Jamaiceth's nose, swiping the sleeve of her shirt forward to dig some of the more stubborn bits out of her nostrils and mouth. The little green held relatively still, though her tail and wings twitched as the grainy sand scraped over her more sensitive skin in her nose and mouth.

"Not going to do that again any time soon, hm?" she asked once Jamaiceth was mostly free of sand, releasing her head so the little dragon could return to her exploring. It was then she noticed the approaching green and her rider not far behind. She stood up a little straighter out of habit, though the causal greeting from the other rider made her relax just a little. She gave a little hesitant wave of her own in return.

"Hello," she offered, clearing her throat when she realized her voice was a little squeaky. She was still getting used to being seen as a junior weyrling rather than a Candidate and while other riders still intimidated her, she knew it wasn't very professional to show it.

Jamaiceth, on her part, turned quickly as she heard the concerned voice in her mind and toddled happily over to Felisath. They'd never met face to face like this but Jamaiceth was well-versed with her family members and had no qualms about chatting with a total stranger if they were related somehow.

Now I am! SurelMine got all that sand out of my nose, she said, wrinkling her snout to demonstrate. You're my Aunty, aren't you? Without waiting for an answer she continued to meander forward and eventually under the larger green, winding between her front legs like a feline, her tail curling happily around Felisath's wrist.

Surel glanced over at where her dragon was snuggling up to the older green and she gave a weak laugh. hopeful that she wasn't being a bother.

"Ah...let me know if she's too much for her," she said apologetically. "Jamaiceth can be...a bit of handful sometimes." In the best way possible, of course. She was a cuddly little girl but not all dragons - or people for that matter - were as touchy-feely as she was.

Uta

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:54 pm
Kiri's smile widened at the girl, not at all put off by the squeak. If she picked up on Surel's uncertainty, she gave no sign of it, and instead focused on getting to know a fellow greenrider. "Surel of green Jamaiceth, yeah?" She asked breezily, after Felisath supplied their names. "I'm Kiri, and this lovely-but-concerned lady is Felisath. Well met!" She had never been a shy woman, and she certainly wasn't about to start now.

Besides, it was good to stick together, and they were already bonded through their dragons. Both green riders, both related to Kleoth, both Western Weyr riders--they were practically family, now! "A handful, huh? I think all weyrlings are to some degree--but I promise, Felisath's more than happy to properly get to meet her!" While Felisath hadn't been as tactile as the young Jamaiceth seemed to be, she had always been eager to spend time with her sisters; her own anxiety and fears had also meant that Kiri was often having to encourage her to get out there and meet others, or put herself forward. "She seems a doll, though--a precious cutie, if I ever saw one!" She complimented sincerely. Jamaiceth was precious--and had been doubly so with her poor muzzle covered in sand!

Sometimes she missed the days when Felisath was a hatchling or junior weyrling; it had flown so quickly, that she sometimes felt she'd never had a chance to truly cherish it.

Felisath, for her part, was surprised but pleased by the little green's attention. Her eyes whirled a brighter purple-blue, and she leaned down to offer the little Jamaiceth a gentle nuzzle. I am indeed, little Niece. How lovely you are, and how big you're getting! Though Jamaiceth was likely on track to be a small green, Felisath had always been petite and delicate--but compared to the little weyrling, she was feeling quite large.

SilverLutz

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:25 pm
Surel nodded as the other greenrider asked after her name and that of Jamaiceth's, not surprised that she knew who she was. Surely Jamaiceth was chattering away happily to her aunt who had relayed the message, or perhaps the older dragon simply knew. Some said greens weren't the brightest dragons on Pern, but Surel knew better than to sell them short. She'd known plenty of incredibly intelligent, aware greens and some pretty ignorant and thick-headed metallics.

"The same to you," she said as Kiri introduced herself. She gave a little glance over at Felisath, a tiny smile on her face when she realized the older green was very much occupied with the younger. It was a relief that Felisath didn't seem to mind Jamaiceth's lack of personal boundaries, allowing the smaller green to step on her toes as she moved about the beach.

"Oh, she is," Surel said, turning her attention back to Kiri, any hint of uncertainty bleeding out of her as she thought of her sweet little dragon. "Surely everyone thinks their dragon is the most precious thing on all of Pern, but Jamaiceth truly is a gem." She couldn't help the little flush on her cheeks as she spoke, knowing that all junior weyrlings had that same Pern-shattering moment of Impression, but despite every dragonrider going through the process Surel couldn't help but feel that her bond with Jam - as new as it was - was the best thing to have ever happened in all of time.

"It's lovely that she gets to meet other family. She's very taken with her relatives, siblings or otherwise," the young woman added as if that wasn't apparent with the way Jamaiceth was currently standing on her hind legs, front paws on Felisath's forearm as she strained her neck up, up, up to reach for her aunt's muzzle to return the nuzzle. She was clearly quite happy with the current situation, her eyes mirroring the larger green with swirling blue, green, and purple.

I eat a lot every day to get big and strong, she agreed, echoing what Surel said every day when it was time to feed. She had no trouble gorging herself and had quite the little belly to show for it, but true to what Surel said she found herself getting longer and taller almost overnight.

Is she yours? Jamaiceth added, swiveling her neck to gaze at Kiri. She is very outgoing. SurelMine is a little shy, you see. But I like saying hello to everyone.

Uta
The muses have busted through!

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces