Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:21 am
Menelie
Kasmai, along with his sister and son, had been shooed from their home earlier today by Masozi. He had a big date with that woman he was sort-of seeing. They all bitched at him about but ultimately left without a fuss. They all secretly hoped it'd work out for him, anyway.

Standing in front of their house, Cosme folded his arms. "So what do we do all evening?" He inquired.

"Could go to the Tangled Vine," suggested Kasmai.

They all agreed and headed that way. Cosme first, then Kasmai, then Cari bringing up the rear as usual. She liked to be the last, otherwise she'd spend the whole time looking over her shoulder. They chose a table near the bar and settled in, waving at Eniko the server.

Daisicle
Eniko was kind of grinning to herself as she'd sent Cora off with her secret weapon - good spirits - when the abandoned crew moseyed on in. She'd been expecting them. Without missing a beat, she grabbed a fresh bottle of white, a trio of glasses, and headed on over to the table. "So, for how long are you three expecting to be here tonight?" She mused as she began setting the glasses in front of them and then uncorking the bottle to pour.

Menelie
"Hey Eniko," greeted Kasmai with a little wave. "How long? Well, I suppose that depends on how it goes." He chuckled.

"Yeah, if it goes well we might be closing you out," quipped Cosme, waggling his eyebrows.

Cari, who had chosen a seat that put her back against the wall, smacked Cosme gently on his bicep. Guardians save her from these two.

Daisicle
Eniko offered a wry smile at their comments and made sure each glass was nice and full before leaving the bottle on the table. "If I may make a suggestion, it might be best to plan on a late return - I don't believe any of you has a way to contact Masozi to know for sure when its... safe to get back, so to speak. And I am quite certain none of you would like to walk in on... anything... that may or may not end up happening." She certainly wanted no part in hearing about her adoptive father's affairs.

"Also, I'll put whatever you three order tonight on his tab - sound fair?"

Menelie
All three made a wincing sort of reaction. "Good call," said Kasmai with a firm nod. He took a sip of the wine. "Thanks Eniko--always looking out for us." He winked. Was he flirting with the waitress? He might've been.

"Eyyy, thanks!" exclaimed Cosme. He was in high spirits, convinced that all was going to go well and their curse would be broken and then they could all get lucky.

Cari motioned for Eniko to come closer. "Could I trouble you for something savory to go with the wine?" she asked in a quiet voice.

Daisicle
She winked right on back at Kasmai - whether or not that was flirting or just playing her customers was up to anyone's interpretation. "Happy customers make for a larger tip which makes a happier me."

At Cari's motion, she walked over and bent at the knees to hear better and then spoke softly in turn. "Sure hun, are you wanting anything in particular?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:23 am
Menelie
Kasmai leaned back in his seat with a self-satisfied smile.

"Ooh, yeah, I could use something to eat too," said Cosme, as if just thinking of it. "Masozi kept shooing me out of the kitchen all day." He waited until after Aunt Cari had finished talking to Eniko and then added. "Wha'd'you recommend?"

"Roasted nuts if you have them, any kind," answered Cari. "If not, then some kind of greens."

Daisicle
"We have both, no worries," she responded to Cari before standing up, taking a step away, and addressing the males. She always made sure to give the girl some quiet and space - while she wasn't an overly-delicate thing, it just seemed right. At this point, she raised her voice a bit.

"We have two specials for tonight, courtesy of our -friendly- harpy friends having caught a bit too much and oh so generously sharing with us.

One is rabbit stewed with fresh herbs, root vegetables, and winter berries, served with rice recently imported from Sunrise Terrace and finished with a dollop of soured goat's cream.

The second is rack of venison, aged in salt, slow smoked and served atop mashed potatoes and roasted sprouts, topped with goat's butter and a sweet and savory sauce. This is an experimental dish trying to mimic a certain item found in Zamarad, per a recent request."

Menelie
Cari nodded and leaned back in her chair, now taking a moment to sip and enjoy the wine. She did like a good white.

The "boys" decided that both sounded too good to pass up, so they ordered both and would split them. They'd also share with Cari if she was so inclined.

Daisicle
Eniko nodded as she took down the orders and disappeared for a moment to relay them to the chef before returning with a mischievous glint in her eyes. She made sure nobody was in need of her before settling near the table of three. "So... Is he finally making his move?"

Menelie
"Guardians, I should hope so," quipped Kasmai. "He's invited her over for a fancy romantic dinner. Even got out the good wine."

"He's spent, like, all afternoon on dinner," added Cosme.

Cari thought that all this deserved to remain private, but perhaps they knew something she didn't, so she kept it to herself. "Hope it goes well," she said.

Daisicle
Eniko smirked, "I also sent her off with some brandy - if that doesn't loosen lips, I doubt anything will. Still..." She crossed her arms a bit and glanced up to muse, then shook her head. "No, I shouldn't jinx anything. I hope it goes well."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:26 am
Menelie
"It has to go well," said Cosme confidently. "We're all counting on him."

Cari shook her head with a wry smile. So superstitious. "They think our family is cursed," she explained.

Daisicle
Eniko raised a brow, then covered her snort and smirk with her hand at Cari's comment. "Oh, is -that- all? Hun, you lot aren't cursed, you just aren't aggressive enough when you want someone. Oh Guardians have mercy, do you really think your father - or grandfather - getting some sugar is going to somehow relate to your own intimate prowess." She held back a laugh as she somehow got out, "I'll be right back with your snacks Cari." and returned to the kitchen to do so.

Menelie
"Jeez, nice going Cari," said Kasmai. "Now she thinks we're idiots."

Cari shrugged apologetically with a chuckle.

When Eniko returned, Cosme wasn't ready to let it go. "Nah, you don't understand, see, it was that goddamned leprechaun that ripped a baby away from my great-grandmother and vanished without a trace. It left a curse. I'm telling you." He shook his head and his tone turned earnest. "I'm not like them. I do go for what I want. And I strike out, every time. Not for lack of trying, lemme tell you."

Daisicle
A couple minutes later, Eniko was back with a bowl filled with roasted chestnuts and walnuts and a bowl of roasted mixed vegetables. She placed them in the middle of the table for sharing, but a bit closer to Cari than the boys. "The main courses will be out a bit later..."

She took a step back and grinned wryly at Cosme - so earnest, this one. "Apparently that sardonic b*****d was Coracias' teacher. Were you aware of that? She said he, your great aunt, and the rest of your extended family from that side have all long since passed. Even if he did 'leave a curse,'" she made air quotes at that, "It'd have dispelled by now. Just be patient, hun."

Menelie
"That explains her...whole vibe," muttered Cari thoughtfully as she munched on some of the chestnuts.

"Uuuuuuugh," groaned Cosme. "Why can't I just find a gorgeous guy to settle down with?"

Kasmai made a face at Cosme. "Since when do you want to settle down?"

Daisicle
Eniko took this opportunity to refill the trio's wine glasses. "Until your time comes hun, just have some wine and enjoy yourself. You're still young." Actually though, they were all older than her. She set the bottle back on the table with a shrug.

After glancing back at the kitchen, she gave Kasmai a wink. "I'll be right back with your food boys," before turning around and returning there... perhaps with her bushy tail accentuating her hips a bit more than usual.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:30 am
Menelie
"Damn," said Kasmai softly. He realized he hadn't ever fully appreciated how sexy Eniko was. He actually didn't spend too much time at the pub. He was always filthy and exhausted at the end of his workday, and eager to get home.

"Quit staring, your eyes are gonna fall out," said Cari, elbowing her brother. She took a fork and speared a vegetable and popped it into her mouth.

Cosme scoffed. "That's what she thinks." He said. "Hey, can I have a walnut?" He asked, reaching for one.

Cari smacked his hand away without looking.

Daisicle
A little later Eniko returned with two large plated filled with food - one of each of the night's specials - which she placed in front of the males. She then handed each of them a smaller, separate place, as they'd seemed inclined to split amongst themselves. She then took a step back to check everything looked to be in order before finishing. "Can I get anything else for you three at this time - perhaps another bottle?"

Menelie
"This all looks amazing. I wish you could join us," said Kasmai, putting on his most charming smile.

Cosme and Cari rolled their eyes almost in unison. "Yes, another bottle please," said Cari.

Daisicle
Eniko joined the pair in rolling her eyes and then gave Kasmai a wry smile. "Try again when I'm not on shift hun. And will another white do well?"

Menelie
"Another white is fine," replied Cari. "These two have no taste anyway." The alcohol was hitting her, though it wouldn't be apparent to anyone else. But she felt more open, happier.

Kasmai smiled smugly and leaned back in his chair. Oh, he would be back alright.

"Uh, rude?" Said Cosme with an open-armed, what-the-hell-man gesture.

Daisicle
Eniko smirked - this girl had a mouth on her when she opened up a bit - and offered an okay sign before heading to the back to pick out a richer white than the prior one to better pair with their meal.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:33 am
Menelie
When Eniko returned, she'd find the three comparing notes about work and their social lives. Cari was just finishing a story about her day at work yesterday, which was primarily spent keeping the peace between a couple of Harpies. "They generally get along but sometimes one or another'll get uppity and someone neutral's gotta step in. It's not their fault. It's in their nature to fight each other for territory. But I think secretly they're grateful to have a community."

Kasmai and Cosme nodded along. "What about you, Cos?" asked Kasmai. "What's new in your world?"

Cosme sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "I dunno, man. I was at the market in the City a couple weeks ago and this guy came to my table, asking questions about stuff. I mean I sold him a few bottles, which was great, because I'm awesome at what I do, but like..." he trailed off and got a faraway expression. "I haven't been able to get him out of my head. He was gorgeous but seemed to have no clue. We only talked for like 10 minutes and it was all about wine so I've got no idea if he even has a personality but good Guardians I want him real bad." He shook his head and finished his glass of wine and ate a few bites of food thoughtfully.

Daisicle
Eniko quietly inserted herself into the conversation with her eyes only to set another bottle besides the first - it was good the three got along so well. As she took a step back, a new patron entered and was greeted with a wave from her.

"Now you three, please let me know if you need anything else."

At that, she resumed working a regular dinner service up until it was time to wipe down the tables and switch the sign from open to closed.

Menelie
By the time Eniko flipped that sign, the 3 were very pleasantly drunk. Not to the point of sloppiness, of course, but noticeably so. Except Cari, who was definitely drunk but didn't act it.

"Eyyy Eniko, closing time! How 'bout it?" Kasmai called. All this talk of love had put him in an amorous mood.

Cosme elbowed his father, giggling. "Don't be weird, c'mon let's go home, leave her alone."

Cari brought up the rear as they attempted to usher Kasmai out of the bar.

Daisicle
Eniko walked over with a smirk and then made a shooing motion. "Hun, are you really going to keep hitting on me with your sister and son there - read the mood. Try again some other time. Now git."

Menelie
Cosme practically shoved Kasmai out the door then turned to Eniko. "Sorry about him, he's drunk," he said, giggling. "See youuu~"

Cari followed them out, nodding to Eniko and giving her an eyebrows-raised "men, right?" expression. "Night," she said quietly.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games