Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:37 pm
Menelie
A day or so after Menahem had returned from his work trip to Breeheart, he and Rho were relaxing in bed after some...strenuous activity. As was her custom, Tirzah had immediately fallen asleep, despite it only being mid-afternoon. Mena, on the other hand, was uncharacteristically quiet. He lay on his back with one arm behind his head and the other on his stomach, gazing up at the ceiling, mentally tracing the patterns in the wood. He appeared to be deep in thought.

Daisicle
Thoroughly satisfied from their recent activities during their first simultaneous day off far too long, Rho was now lazing about in bed with Tirzah cuddled onto his chest. He gently ran his fingers through her hair as she slept and mused for a bit about how cute she is before glancing once more over to his other partner.

While not one for super emotional conversations, he could at least tell when these two seemed to have one of them. A lot of the time he pretended otherwise, but for whatever reason, post-strenuous activity often got him feeling pretty feely himself. "Hey cutie~ Wha'dya thinking about?"

Menelie
Mena blinked and looked over at Rho. "Hm? Oh...." He breathed deeply. "I was just thinking about a conversation we had earlier." After a short pause, he continued. "I ran into a lost kid when I was at Breeheart. I had...no idea what to do? But like...I wasn't gonna just leave her, y'know?" He rubbed his jaw. "I hadn't ever really thought about parenting....I mean, I figured I'd probably adopt an acorn at some point...but now..." His tone began to rise, he was threatening to anxiously ramble.

Daisicle
Yeup, looked like he'd been right and Mena was in one of his post-strenuous activity feely moods. Rho waited until Mena started to show signs of anxiety before strategically cutting him off - the place was already too tidy to be a useful stress-outlet. "Was she cute? The kid of course - I feel like they hella switch between being adorable and little shits with no in-between."

Menelie
Mena laughed suddenly. "She was adorable. Just charming. Ate the rest of this disgusting cake I ordered, so I definitely sent her back to her mother full of sugar..."

Daisicle
Rho smirked. "Oh Earthmother did you actually? Like deadass? Did you at least warn her mom of the imminent danger?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:39 pm
Menelie
Mena giggled. "I didn't realize until later. I was distracted by all her questions--little Faun child and she'd never heard of the Great Tree, can you believe that?--and honestly I was mostly thinking about how salty I was about having to go to Breeheart in the first place and be away from you so long." He shrugged. "The kid's mother seemed to be in a hurry to leave, too."

Daisicle
"Huh, really? Must've be from a Daemon family then - don't you remember that Tirzah didn't even know this place existed before we met her? Her expression was..." he made an ok-symbol with is free hand, "...hella funny af." Still seemed pretty uncommon though, especially if they lived in Breeheart. Weird. He did scratch his cheek and glance away at the earnestness of the rest of the comment. "Yeah, we missed you here too..."

And then immediately switched back to the first topic now that Mena seemed to have mellowed out a bit. "So you entertained a lost kid for a bit and now it's got you feeling a certain sort of way? That it?"

Menelie
Mena took a deep breath and blew it out in a puff. "I dunno. Like maybe I could do this. Have a kid. Be a father. I dunno." He shrugged uncomfortably.

Daisicle
If Mena had been a bit closer, Rho would have reached over to poke his cheek. "Well, why would you think you wouldn't be a hella good father? If nothing else, they'd be eating so well they'd have to grow up the same. And, at least now you got," he motioned towards himself with his thumb, "me and Tirzah to fix anything you ******** up. Within reason."

Menelie
Mena smiled softly. "How are you both so...confident?" He asked. "Like...I do want kids but honestly...I'm terrified. They're so tiny and vulnerable...how are you both not paralyzed about this?"

Daisicle
Rho looked upwards as he mused about Mena's question and tried to find a good response. But all he could think of was probably less than that ideal. "I mean, it's not like it would just be me or her doing everything, y'know? Like, yeah, I'd be their father, but I got the whole tree backing me up, right?" He looked over and grinned. "Can't go wrong with that many faun ready to fix me."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:43 pm
Menelie
Mena laughed gently. "That's true..." He ruffled his hair. He glanced over at Rho with a smirk. "And hey, if you can do it, how hard can it be?" He teased, trying to lighten his own mood.

Daisicle
Rho pouted somewhat. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean?"

Menelie
"You know I'm just teasing, love," he said, reaching over and fluffing Rho's hair affectionately. "But I do admire your confidence. You make me feel like I could do anything."

Daisicle
Rho squinted an eye as his hair was ruffled before batting the hand away. "Well, maybe not 'anything,' but most things I'd bet."

Menelie
Mena smiled and shifted so he was lying on his side, facing Rho. "Most things for sure," he agreed. He rested one arm lightly on Rho's arm, then rubbed little soft curlicues on his shoulder with his fingertips. "We can do this...right?" That little hesitancy in his voice was still there.

Daisicle
"Mmm... do what?" He flicked an ear and shifted his body weight carefully so as to not wake Tirzah while he got a bit more comfortable. "Have kids? Yeah, you can do it - we can do it. I'll leave it up to you to decide how you'd like to."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:44 pm
Menelie
Mena nodded and settled down next to Rho. He sighed comfortably. Soon it would be time for him to prepare dinner for the three of them. What if the three of them became five? Or seven? He'd certainly need a bigger kitchen. Or they'd just have to eat his food in the communal dining area.

Rho, as usual, gave Mena confidence, and he started thinking about how they wanted to make it happen. He'd asked around, casually, and found out how to summon the deity who could...change his body in the necessary way. His ears flushed pink thinking about it. But it'd be a long journey.

Daisicle
Rho used his free arm to pull Mena in close, a sort of physical bit of self-assurance, both for Mena and for himself. He was feeling a bit awkward now that the silence was falling and he reflected on all the feely-s**t he just said. He then gave his homie-con-lover two solid pats and closed his eyes. "You just do you and don't feel pressured by what Tirzah or I want - just let us know so we can, idfk prep or something."

He paused for a moment before adding on, "I'm taking a nap," with one more pat.

Menelie
"Sounds good," agreed Mena, dropping a little kiss on Rho's shoulder and cuddling in for a few minutes. "Enjoy your nap, love. I'll get up in a minute and make dinner."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces