Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 5:54 pm
NovaCracker

User Image

Ibrik was impressed. The fury of the storm had come up suddenly and quickly. What had looked to be a gentle snow storm soon became a howling blizzard. He hadn't seen the likes of this in many years. The bulky stallion bent his head to the gale winds and kept his wings as tight as possible against his body. He forged slowly ahead; slowly because there was no way anyone would be going fast. If the wind didn't do it the snow would.

He snorted as the cold stinging snowflake whipped around his nose and the tops of the snowdrifts easily covered his belly. This was nothing to hang around in. Ibrik hoped any others around here would be smart enough to get shelter as soon as possible. Even he was heading towards a safe spot. A small cave that he knew was nearby that would provide enough protection from the howling storm. If he hadn't been here before and spotted the sheltered spot it would be difficult to find. It was hidden behind some large trees that would also provide more protection from the winds.

WC: 186  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 6:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
magnadearel

It was cold. Blythe knew cold meant that meant she ought to find her twin brother, but the mare normally wandered calmly and cautiously, listening to the world as her ears pricked and flickered about quietly, pausing every so often to listen or nibble a patch of winter greenery she knew to be safe... But this was merely the fringes of the storm. When it came, it came with a whorl and a flash, and Blyther became lost, the mare even raising her forelegs from the land before she began to prance about.

Blythe was looking for home. Sjhe was not, however, having much luck. Everything looked the same, hooves thumping the snow and frozen land as she looked... And looked.

The mare's ears swivelled and flickered, twisting and moving to listen for Portabello, or someone... Anyone who might help somewhere, anywhere. The mare made a small noise of ditress as she moved deeper into the blizzard, befoire at last, she began crying.

A flash of something not snow, the mare made a noise of distress, and moved towards it, hoping it was safe.

"H...Hello? I....Is someone there? Anyone? Please...?" She tried not to let crying color her words, but... She was crying.

WC: 199  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:34 pm
NovaCracker

At first he thought it was a trick of the wind as it howled among waves of snow and whipped branches of bushes and trees. But then it came again. The distinct sound of someone in distress. It looked like he wasn't the only one to have not made it to shelter in time. And from the sounds of it, they weren't familiar with the area.

Ibrik turned in his tracks and moved toward the sound. Soon his eyes spotted a faint blue glow through the blowing snow. The stallion came up beside the pony, putting his body between them and the fiercest of the winds. He put a wing over her, for now he saw it was a mare. "Come, I know somewhere safe."

His tracks were already gone as he turned to resume the direction he had been walking. Hopefully they weren't too far from the location he planned to stop. Ibrik leaned into the wind as he tried not to go too fast for the other.

WC: 169  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:39 pm
magnadearel

Blythe shivered and pressed in immediately, ears pinning again. She was afraid, lost, and completely unsure of how to handle matters, but she also hoped whomever it was was, in fact, genuinely nice, and she moved with them, still sniffling a bit as she kept pace anxiously.

"T...Thank you..." Blythe licked her lips shyly, peering up. The moss-colored mane was whipping, but the female was grateful to be helped -- hopefully -- and he was so big! She wasn't sure she'd see him if she moved too far away, and the mare tried to avoid falling behind, smelling the air before looking up. All she smelled was wind and snow and the other pony, no sign of her twin brother in sight, and so she moved slightly closer.

"I -- truly, thank you. I... I was trying to get back to my brother, but... But I didn't make it and got lost. Mmm.... My name's Blythe. Ity's... Ity's nice tyo meet you."

WC: 157  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:33 pm
NovaCracker

He glanced down at her as she pressed in. Ibrik was surprised at how dainty the mare was. He almost was afraid she'd be lost from him if she stepped away from him. Thankfully he felt they were now close. Ibrik tried smiling reassuringly. "You're welcome Lady."

Ibrik moved slowly and kept his wing over her back, but tried not to squish her mushrooms. He wasn't sure if it would hurt her if he did. "We are almost there." He kept his eyes out for the trees he was looking for. The little mare needed to get out of this blizzard soon.

"It did blow up fast." So she had a brother somewhere around here. Ibrik hoped he wasn't out looking for her in this weather. "Blythe, that's a nice name. I'm Ibrik." He let out a relieved snort as the trees finally came into view. The stallion shouldered his way into the trees and finally to the cave. He folded his wing back and shook his body to dislodge the snow.

WC: 172  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 12:38 am
magnadearel

Okay. Okay, so far, so good. He wasn't turning, or biting, or whatever else a stranger could do to her, and the mare was careful not to drift too far, still moving along carefully.

"I didn't know it could get so cold so fast. It's all so... Sticky, too." The mare remained close, taking in the white, and more white, before he seemed to spy what he was looking for, and swiftly, she moved to follow, shaking the snow off before entering into the small cave, before thinking quietly. Lady? She'd never been called Lady before, but he was kind, and nice! Nice was good! Nice was safe! He must be safe, and Blythe finally smiled gently at him, wedging herself away from the weather cautiously. It was cold and snowy and generally 'yuck' out, and once settled she blinked up at him curiously.

"May I ask your name? Do you live out here?" He was the sort of stallion she was curious about -- nice and friendly and hopefully good company!... She wasn't sure the weather would let up any time soon.

WC: 180  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:19 pm
NovaCracker

"It doesn't usually blow up this bad this fast." Ibrik tried to reassure the mare. "Once its over, I can help you find your brother if you want." The stallion did a quick check of the cave to make sure there was nothing in there with them. He wouldn't blame the animals for taking shelter here too, but he couldn't let harm come to the mare after he'd brought her here.

A quick check reassured him that nothing large and dangerous was present. He gave himself a shake and folded his wings back into place. Turning back to her he gave a smile. "Sorry there is nothing better I can offer you here. My name is Ibrik. I was passing through. Good thing for you that I was it seems. Do you and your brother live here?" Ibrik stood near the entrance to keep an eye on the weather. It was still clearly going strong.

WC: 155  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:48 pm
magnadearel

"I didn't know snow could come in so... Violently." Blythe admitted. She let Ibrik investighatye, watching the stallion inspect before moving close again when it was safe. She wasn't wholly unused to being alone -- sometimes, Portabello wandered off for some alone time, and really, Blythe liked exploring near home, but the storm was not typical, and she was afraid she was too far, or something else horrid.

"I... I really do appreciate your help. Portabello's likely fine, albeit worried, I just..." Blyther fidgeted with a hoof. "Portabello's always been bolder, and braver. We're twins, but he got all the courage. I'm more... The sibling that looks after him. Make sure he's okay. Our parents always kept us together and dressed us alike, so I guess... I'm used to company. Feeling connected?" Blythe paused. "Oh... I'm-- I'm soirry. I'm rambling. My apologies."

WC: 150  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:10 pm
NovaCracker

Ibrik gave a soft chuckle. "No worries about that Lady Blythe. You'll have an interesting story to tell your foals now someday." He gave an expert sniff of the wind and eyed the slant of the snow and listened to the wind. If he had any guess, this storm would probably continue most of the night. Hopefully they could get some sleep tonight.

He shook his head. "It was my pleasure to be of help to you. Hm. I hope he has sense to stay out of the storm. I imagine it is going to storm all night." Ibrik listened to her ramble about with brother with amusement. "I'm sure you are strong in your own ways Lady Blythe. I don't mind listening to you ramble if you want to. I don't see my siblings often and more often than not I'm traveling alone."

Ibrik kicked a few rocks clear of a relatively flat spot and settled himself down. Once comfortable he looked up at the tiny mare and lifted his wing proffering her a sheltered spot next to him. "If you don't mind, I can help keep you warm tonight."

WC: 191  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:24 pm
magnadearel

"He's very smart." Blythe giuggled a bit, then seemed to sag slightly. "I'd love foals one day -- little ones to call my own. I'm just... Always afraid. Always worried. I'm not sure there's a stallion for me out there. But I hope my brother has foals. I... Feel like a niusance to him." He was always looking after her, and Blythe... Worried.

Still, when a spot was offered, Blythe wriggled close to him, pressing close as she watched the snow, before looking to Ibrik.

"Do you think... Maybe... Just -- maybe the other creatures are okay out there?" So many animals alone in the cold... It worried her!

WC: 105  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 9:32 pm
NovaCracker
wrap up with your post?

Eos Galvus
dunno if quote went thru with name change so here it is! XD

He smiled as she said her brother was very smart. She clearly adored her brother. Ibrik tucked his wing over her body to help her keep warm. "Fear not. I'm am sure you'll have lovely foals." He wasn't sure about her being a nuisance to her brother. "I imagine your brother wants only the best for you."

When she brought up the other creatures possibly still out in the snow, he turned his head to look toward the cave entrance for a moment. "They should have sensed it coming and found shelter before or when it started. Most animals are prepared for weather." He really didn't want to get her down. The reality was probably some wouldn't survive for whatever reason. Most likely not being able to find shelter in time. She seemed like a caring mare, but if she ran out into the storm she probably wouldn't be able to help many before succumbing herself.

"Do you want help after the storm in finding your brother?" He didn't want to abandon her after the storm ended. Likely it was going to look much different than it did only 24 hours ago.

WC: 192  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:03 pm
magnadearel

"I don't want to be why he can't find someone special." Blythe said quietly. She was quiet, staring out into the storm thoughtfully as her ears flicked, quietly listening. She worried for the animals being cold or worse, she worried about many thing; it was in her nature to worry and care, and the mare seemed to be considering things.

When he spoke again, Blyuthe looked up to Ibrik, blinking at him.

"I'd appreciate that." The mare responded, and stared into the storm again. "I think he must be safe, I just... I worry." AQll the time, every day, because she was the anxious one.

WC: 103  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas