Submit

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:44 pm
This is a private RP with my Soquili, Hollow Tzalmon. Please DO NOT post without permission!

User Image

User Image

Kaya Wolf Moon's Teepee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:48 pm
The seasons were changing, as they always did. Spring turned to summer, summer to autumn, and autumn into winter. It was a consistent part of life. Just as the sun and moon rose in their given time, so too did the seasons come and go. This was winter’s time. Autumn’s cool, brisk winds had given way to their crisp, chilly cousins months ago. With the winds and cooler temperatures came the snows and sleeting rains. All expected, of course…at least in some parts of the land. There were some parts that had been spared due to their locations. Tropical areas and warm waters were likely to avoid such things. Which is exactly why Hollow Tzalmon had made his way to his current spot. Despite having quite the fur pelt, he disliked the snow and rains. It was always a hassle to get himself dry after shuffling about in it. Always an annoyance to clean, and even more of an annoyance to find food in. So he’d made it a point to be further south when this time of year rolled around. His bonded, Shinzui, tended to dislike the trek since he did enjoy the wet stuff but he dealt with it well enough. Besides, it wasn’t like they couldn’t see it on the mountain tops. Hollow was simply keen to keep it up there and not on him. Little could he predict the whims of nature.

“You have got to be kidding me,” the large catwalker moaned when he saw what awaited him outside. There, just outside the cave he and Shinzui were using as their shelter, lay the aggravating wet stuff. A blanket of snow covered everything. For as far as the eye could see, there was nothing but blue sky and glistening white ground. The greenery of the trees and shrubs that dominated the landscape was now devoid of all color. Nothing but white. White everywhere. “How did this even get here?” Hollow snarled at the offensive snow. “I know we came far enough south that we should’ve been able to avoid it.” “Such is the way of mother nature.” The voice of his bonded lilted from behind. “She does what she will.” Hollow sneered, rolling his eyes. “Yeah, well she can take her will and shove this stuff elsewhere. There’s never been a blizzard here before and it doesn’t need to start now.” All he wanted was to avoid the difficulties of winter, especially snow. Was that really so much to ask? Apparently so. With times like this, it felt like mother nature had it out for him.

WC: 431  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 6:52 pm
“You know as well as I do that the seasons have been strange this year.” Shinzui said as he gazed out at the world of white. He sidled up next to Hollow and sat on his haunches. “Given that, this shouldn’t be too much of a surprise.” Internally, he was finding it difficult to contain his glee at seeing snow again. He didn’t know what it was about it that gave him so much joy. It’d been like this since he was a pup. Every year he’d waited patiently for it to arrive. On the rare occasion it didn’t snow, he’d been saddened by its absence. Now, as a fully grown wolf, he enjoyed it just as much. He understood, however, that not everyone liked it as he did. Like his bonded, for example. Hollow’s reasons were his own, and he wouldn’t pry; although, Shinzui would be lying if he said he wasn’t at least a little disappointed with journeying south every winter. There had been a few years where he’d managed to convince Hollow to hang around for a bit longer but, inevitably, off they’d go. So to have this happen here, now, was an odd yet pleasant occurrence.

Hollow scoffed, bringing Shinzui’s gaze upward. “But a bleedin’ blizzard?!” He waved his right paw out at the snow-laden ground. At least an inch’s worth of wet and cold. “This shouldn’t be a thing.” “How do you know it was a blizzard? What if it was a snow cloud that took awhile to blow through?” Shinzui played devil’s advocate for mother nature. “A snow cloud? Really? There is absolutely no way snow like this got here unless it was by blizzard. Or something closer to one that a snow cloud. Just look at that boulder over there.” He pointed to a boulder situated against the mountain wall. Roughly three feet wide, it stood at five feet in height, only three and a half to four feet of which could be seen. “About an inch of snow in one night…and in this area! You can’t tell me that it wasn’t a blizzard.” His wolf companion studied him for a moment. Shinzui’s ear flicked. “You do have a point. No matter how it happened though, the snow is here. We might as well enjoy it before it melts…don’t you think?” There was a hint of a tease in his tone. A wryness which laced his words. Because despite the walker’s distaste, he would eventually break down and wander about in it, even if for only a few seconds at a time. He’d grumble and gripe the whole time, but he’d get out there at some point. For Shinzui’s sake.

WC: 447  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:11 pm
As predicted, Hollow ended up in the snow with Shinzui. “I hate this stuff. I hate it so much. Why did mother nature have to throw a temper tantrum like this? I could’ve been enjoying a nice, warm trek in lush grass but no. Nature simply had to ruin that for me.” He complained on and on. Every step he took in the snow was laced with barely tempered expletives. As far as the walker was concerned, if he never stepped foot in the stuff again it would be wonderful. But…Shinzui liked it and wanted to play in it with Hollow. If anyone else would’ve asked him, he would’ve laughed in their face, giving them a well-deserved snarky comment in return. Truth be told, sometimes he could barely hold back when the wolf asked as much although he managed. It never ceased to amaze the walker how easily he gave in when it came to Shinzui. Guess I’m getting soft, he mused. His dark eyes followed after his bonded bounding around. Gleeful shouts echoed around the freshly made winter wonderland. High-pitched shrieks of laughter trailed close behind as Shinzui rolled, jumped, glided and slipped. “Better be careful.” Hollow worked to suppress his grin. “I’m not carrying you back to the cave if you get hurt.” A lie, of course, but he had to keep up appearances.

The black and orange wolf hopped up. Snow clung to the hair of his muzzle and chest, giving the appearance of an aged beard. Though it did nothing to hide the large grin on his face. “Come on, Hollow, you should try it! Before it all melts.” “No thank you.” Hollow shook his head. “You can have it. Besides, I don’t think this will be melting anytime soon.” Lifting a paw, he flicked the offensive wetness from his claws and fur. The blizzard had deposited a little over an inch of snow. Normally, the heat of the day would’ve taken care of it by noon. His luck wasn’t that great though; because, as it stood, the blizzard had not only brought snow but a temperature drop as well. And the sun decided it was a good time to hide behind a bank of clouds. In other words, the snow was here to stay for a while longer. Hollow sighed. “Always my luck,” he muttered to himself, shaking his head. “Hey, Hollow…” The walker glanced over at Shinzui. His gaze narrowed at the impish gleam in the other’s eye. “On a scale of one to ten, how ill-advised is it to throw a snowball at you?” “Twenty.” “Soooo…if I do this…” Shinzui started to pack the snow together into a small sphere. “Don’t even think about it.” The other warned, taking a step backwards. “That is not a fight you want to–” Whomp! A crisp, clean ball of powdered snow smacked him squarely on the chest.

WC: 481  

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100

Kaya Wolf Moon

Mystical Wolf

10,125 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:24 pm
Hollow looked from Shinzui to his chest and back again. The wolf had lowered himself into a bow of sorts. His tail was wagging slowly back and forth. His eyes were locked onto the walker, watching and waiting expectantly. Okay, maybe I’m not going that soft, he sneered. There was a beat of silence between them before Hollow launched himself towards Shinzui. “Don’t say I didn’t warn you!” Laughter resounded from the smaller being as he bounded out of range. “Just wait until I catch up.” The feline realized it would be no use to try to chase his bonded in his full-sized form. Fortunately, he had a little trick up his sleeve. It was one he typically didn’t like using given how others tended to perceive it, but this was an exception. A thrown snowball meant war. Given that, Hollow shifted into his rarely used feral form. His lips curled in a competitive smirk. “Now you’re in for it.” Shinzui met it with a grin of his own. “Come and get me.” He emphasized his challenge by lobbing another snowball. This time Hollow dodged then darted towards the wolf.

The next few hours became a blur. Wolf and cat weaving and running across the field. The snow crunching under their feet as one tried to catch the other. In the end, the cold would seep its way into their fur, draining their energy and bringing the war of the snow to a close. Hollow would have his “revenge” with a flick of the wet stuff to Shinzui’s face while the wolf would smile contentedly. While he still despised the snow, the walker was happy to have gotten a chance to play with his friend. Sometimes he tended to forget what being carefree felt like. It’d been a reminder he needed. And it’d be a day neither he or Shinzui would ever forget.

FIN

WC: 313  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces