Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:45 pm
Avid_RPer18

User Image

Tibantas could hear the weather whistling outside. He was curled up relatively comfortably in his den. The air was cooler than he was use too. The result was that he was reluctant to get up out of his warm cozy nest. Tibantus fluffed his head feathers as he swished his tail and looked toward his entrance. There was some strange scent on the air.

It was what roused his curiosity eventually. However, Tibantas was not prepared for what he saw when he emerged from his den. He stared wide eyed at the white dusting that covered his home. His usually green home was glinting white in the sun. And it was much colder that he was use to. The stallion tentatively stepped out gingerly, not entirely trusting it. "What? What is this stuff?"

WC: 133  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 3:24 pm
magnadearel
Paion goes 'disgruntled healer noises'.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He probably should've seen this coming. Really, he should have. The air had felt and smelled different when he was turning in for the night. It had been a touch cool but not too crazy. Paion had stirred into wakefulness earlier than his usual. The early morning light had been made all the brighter by a blanket of fresh glittering white snow that had accumulated overnight. Upon the realization fully sinking in, the stallion had frantically sprung into action to do what he could to collect what plants and herbs were at or about ready for harvesting to protect them from the icy chill. Hustling from his grow beds to his den and back again, bundling up what he could for drying and saving, plus trying his best to gently remove the snow from the plants that were too large to bring into his den, those meant to be well rooted, or those simply not yet ready to collect, the healer had been on a mission! Paion covered up what he was able with what he had available. His busy bustling about had created several branching, interlacing paths in and around his den and his work spaces.

Now, having done absolutely everything in his power to protect his herbal supplies from the snow and ice, Paion stood idle for the first time in a couple of hours, surveying his surroundings and the stark contrast that had come upon his normally verdant home. With his wings held low and tight to his body to try to keep his own warmth close, he gave a full body shake, ears pinned back, almost tucked into his head crest, in part due to the cold and in part to the frustration at the situation.

Paion was so lost in his own grumpy thoughts that he barely registered the sound of another stirring and emerging into the snow with him, at least until they spoke. The herbalist heaved a heavy exasperated sigh while staring dejectedly up at the heavy, gray skies, his warm breath briefly clouding the air around his face. "A blasted nuisance is what it is!" Shifting his gaze to the speaker, Tibantas, a hunter for the herd, looked to be nearly thunderstruck at the frosty world about them. Sighing more softly, he shook his head. "Apologies, Tibantas. It's been...a rather hectic morning." He shifted to better face the other stallion. "It snowed overnight. Hm, admittedly this is more than I've ever seen all at once..." He hummed thoughtfully as he looked at his various trails trodden through the snow. "Moving around while it's fresh isn't too bad, but it'll get a bit more tricky as it melts or if it ices over."

Briefly, Paion had the inclination to turn back to his den to see what all he had stored that could help the possible breaks, sprains, strains, scrapes, or cold related damage if their home did get icy, but pushed that thought to the back of his mind. He'd been working all morning. He could stand to take it a little easy. The healer blinked as a thought occurred to him and he shifted his gaze more fully to Tibantas. "Is this your first snow?"

WC: 534  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:49 pm
Avid_RPer18
*giggles!* Poor Paion!

His breath frosted out in front of his face. He'd only ever seen that if he flew high up in the sky. But down on the ground? It startled him. Tibantas couldn't help but stare around himself in wonder. Everything looked just so different with even a small layer of snow. Everything looked softer and yet brighter. He stepped gingerly forward. It was also very very slippery under his hooves.

An unfamiliar shiver ran down his back. He wasn't use to this coldness. Tibantas felt just a little sluggish. It wasn't until an exasperated sigh sounded nearby that he realized that another was also out. He gave a bit of a sheepish grin as he spotted the herbalist, Paion. "That's alright Paion."

"You've seen it before?" It was already somewhat slippery under his hooves. He wasn't looking forward to it getting worst. Tibantas gave a nod. "Yes it is." He gave a slight frown as another shiver rippled through his wings. "I think perhaps I should go gather extra bedding for the dens. It's so cold!"

WC: 176  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:30 pm
magnadearel

Paion dipped his head appreciatively when Tibantas acknowledged his apology. The question that followed caused him to bite back another sigh, instead just exhaling slowly. "Ooh, yes. I've seen it before." He drawled out a touch glumly, though this fact was simply colored by how his morning had gone. "It's been..." Paion paused to think back. "I was a yearling or so. It was just my mother and I. She always tried to make sure to keep away from stormfronts, especially snow storms. She was largely successful, so the most I've ever seen is a light dusting, the odd twirling flurry of snowflakes, or brief accumulations, typically gone by midday if anything...Er, all of this notwithstanding. "

Noting the hunter's cautious feather light stepping, his ears pricked forward. "From what I understand, mostly from what I've heard, snow's fun to play in for little ones. I didn't do much frolicking through the frost. My mother wanted to protect me from catching a chill or getting sick. I will say, as I am now, I think it's just too cold for me to enjoy being out in the thick of this unnecessarily." Hm. Probably still a bit too sour sounding. "Snow's not a bad thing, but it can make other things more difficult. There's no getting around winter, but the fact that snow has built up here means that this one is something else." There. That hopefully sounded better.

Tibantas' suggestion perked the herbalist out of his low key fretting. "Oh! That'd be an excellent idea! We have no means of knowing how long it'll linger here and some extra bedding to help stave off the cold would be a great help." He looked across his weaving trails. "I've done all I can to save as much as I was able, so I think I'm done here. We, I need to make sure that everyone keeps warm enough. Some cold isn't terrible but icy winds pierce like nothing else. Too much could be dangerous." His mind was running down the mental list of what he last had seen in the stores. Giving an involuntary shiver, Paion shook himself. "Our ears, our wings, the membranes especially, and the tips of our tails could be most at risk if an especially bitter winter is settling in. Tibantas, I know this is a bit out of my sphere, and feel free to decline if you wish, but may I accompany you out? While this weather is sweeping through, those who venture out should probably go in at least a team of two. Smells and sounds travel differently when it's snowy, plus just for possible warmth and safety reasons. I don't want to risk any of the few Wind Serpents that have gathered here getting lost in the snow because they got separated, lost, and succumb to the cold."

WC: 474  

Avid_RPer18

Loyal Loiterer

magnadearel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:37 pm
Avid_RPer18

Tibantas flicked his ears and feathers up with interest as the pale purple stallion admitted to having encountered it before. "Hu!" While Paion was far from enthused by the snow, Tibantas was entranced with the cold stuff. It was not something he wanted around all the time! But for brief periods it was fascinating. He knew he wouldn't be happy about the temperature if he didn't have his nice warm den to retreat back into.

He smiled. "I could imagine the little ones would find this fun to play in. Though they can usually find something to play with in any weather." Usually in the rain here. Then they'd come back covered nose to tail in mud. "Can't say as I wouldn't mind a little romp in it myself. A little while is ok, but I think the cold will be getting to all of us soon." He nodded in agreement. "I bet hunting will be difficult today, seeing as I've never hunted in it before. But also, I'd kind of like to try? I wonder how long it's going to last. Maybe I should get some practice in now while it's not too bad in case it sticks."

The dark purple stallion listened to the healer with interest as he backed the idea of extra bedding. "Consider it done then. I'll go out and gather more bedding, and practice hunting if I run across anything." With any luck he'd bring back a little meat too. Tibantas was a little startled when Paion asked to accompany him. "Of course you are welcome to come with me. We'll be able to gather faster than just me alone. Do you think we'll need to double up in our dens too?" It would be warmer with more bodies in one spot, shared warmth and all that.

"Do you need to get anything before we go?" With a plan in place, Tibantas was raring to go. He was eager to see what changes the snow had brought to his once familiar home.

WC: 338  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff