Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:48 am
Menelie
After a few days of resting and lying low, Menahem was back to work. He'd already spoken with the Head Chef and his shift supervisor, both of whom were mostly the ******** type, and had arranged to be put on the same shift for the time being, so he would be able to have a regular sleep schedule. He felt pretty confident that his shift supervisor at the very least would have his back if any of the other kitchen workers gave him s**t.

Today was his first day back at work. With some instruction from Tirzah, he'd secured his hair in a tight bun on top of his head to keep it from getting in his face (or worse, in the food) while he worked. Totally casually and with his head high, he entered the kitchen and donned his apron, then headed for his station. Looks like a shitload of vegetable chopping to start. He could handle that.

After a moment he saw Sven come in out of the corner of his eye. He set his jaw. This was gonna go one of two ways, and he had a feeling which one it was gonna be.

Daisicle
Sven hadn't seen or heard anything since his colleague headed out on a trip over a month ago, but supposedly this would be the day he returned. There were rumors that he was now... well... a she... But that couldn't be true. Even daemon magic couldn't do that, right? He'd yet to see the guy to confirm, but there was just no way.

As he entered the kitchen, he caught sight of that familiar orange and walked over, only to pause a short distance away when his clearly-feminine features became obvious. He furrowed his brows and crossed his arms, then opened his mouth before doing the same movement again. He was at a loss for words. So he settled on a very pleasant, "What the ********?"

Menelie
Yeah, that was about what Mena had expected. "Missed you too, Sven," said Mena cheerfully, glancing over at him before getting back to his task. "Look, I'm mostly gonna tell anyone who asks to ******** off and mind their business, but I like you, usually, so I'm gonna answer your questions one time and then we're not gonna talk about it anymore."

"So, the basics are: yes, I currently look like a girl. No, I won't be a girl forever. Still a dude on like, the inside or whatever. I currently look like a girl because I'm pregnant. Gonna have babies. Yes, I did it on purpose. What else you got?"

Daisicle
There were a lot of emotions on Sven's face as Mena went through the veritable laundry list of answers to the questions Sven would have bombarded him with, varying from confusion to disbelief to mild disgust and everything in-between. He was not a master of subtleness.

"How the ********? Wait. But you were. What?" He uncrossed and recrossed his arms. "But how? What?"

Menelie
Mena scooped up a bunch of chopped carrots with his hand and the flat part of his knife and put them into a stockpot. "Mm, as to the how, there's a temple in like the way ******** part of the island with a bunch of altars, and if you do your s**t right you can summon a literal god--not like the daemons' pretend ones, like an actual deity--and if he likes you, and apparently he liked me, he'll do some magic and swap your bits for like a day. But if you're a dude and you get girl bits," he paused and gestured at himself, then grabbed an onion and started dicing it. "And you get pregnant before that day is up, you keep your new bits until the baby gets here. Right? And to answer your next question--it was a fertility potion." His tone was light, casual, and jocular.

Daisicle
Sven, still visibly dumbfounded, settled beside Mena to begin his morning duties as well as he listened. He grimaced. "By why would you ever even want to be a girl, especially for something like that - that sounds terrible." He made another face. "Nope. Nuh uh. That's ******** weird. I don't get it at all."

He paused in his chopping as a key issue made itself evident, and his expression grew confused again. "Wait, so you just drank something and it supposedly made you pregnant? By the Roots that's terrifying." He began muttering under his breath as be resumed working. "Friggin blood pae and their voo doo demon magic bullshit..."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:49 am
Menelie
Mena coughed a little to keep himself from snorting with laughter. Sven had misunderstood but he didn't want him to feel bad about it. "Well, I wanted to have children and it's hard for two guys to do that, so," he made a clicking sound with his tongue, "girl mode. It is ******** weird though, you got that right. But, uh, coupla things. The potion didn't make me get pregnant, it allowed me to get pregnant, which I did in the...usual way." He made a sort of rolling motion with his knife. "And I'm not sure this was blood pae magic. I'm not entirely sure what it was but...it wasn't that."

Daisicle
Sven made quite a face at that last bit. "But aren't there acorns you could... You know what, ******** it. I don't care what you do you friggin weirdo. Just don't rub that nonsense on me. Shoo shoo." He was still muttering about voo doo magic and how nothing that he'd just heard made any sense and how gross it was under his breath as he continued working.

It seemed he was perturbed enough by the concept that he didn't even want to entertain the conversation anymore, nevermind that he actually hadn't gotten to the 'meat' of anything yet.

Menelie
Mena chuckled and turned to focus back on his work. "You asked," he said simply, content to end the conversation there. He continued chopping vegetables for a while until someone started cooking meat. "Ah ********," he muttered. His chef's cast-iron stomach was at odds with whatever was making him so ******** sensitive to smells. And for whatever reason it seemed meat was the worst. He carried on for as long as he could, swearing under his breath and beginning to sweat. Finally he couldn't take it anymore and had to bolt from the kitchen for some fresh air.

Daisicle
As Mena ran off to deal with the early warning signs of motherhood, Sven could still be audibly heard muttering "Gross gross gross," under his breath as he continued preparations.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces