Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
2022 Cosplay Cons and Plans Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:44 am
So what's everyone's plan for the 2022 season?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:03 am
Con Plans

Confirmed/Planning on

Anime Banzai- Layton, Utah, October

Maybe Cons

OokiiSora Con- Helena, MT, July
Kuroneko Con- Spokane, WA, August
Neo Anime Oasis- Boise, ID, Late June
FanX- Salt Lake City, Utah, September

Cosplay Plans

Confirmed Cosplays
Asirpa from Golden Kamuy, Completed
Ms Joke (Husband doing Aizawa) from My Hero Academia, Completed*
Young Genkai from Yu Yu Hakusho, Completed
Charmy from Black Clover, Completed
Kororo from Shaman King, Completed
Itachi from Naruto: Have wig and jacket, need accessories, shoes, and make-up
Sasori from Naruto: Need underclothing, shoes, and make-up.
Hera from Lore Olympus: Need wig, black gloves, tights, and make-up
Princess Peach (Husband doing Mario): Already cut out and mostly sewn and wig and gloves bought, need to figure out accessory pieces. Mario completed*
Renge and Kyoya from Ouran High School Host Club: Renge dress mostly done, wigs bought, Kyoya's clothing and footwear not completed.*
Kero Kigurumi from Cardcaptor Sakura: Supplies bought, need to cut and put together.

Possible Cosplays
Sailor Jupiter from Sailor Moon: Some supplies bought
Yamuraiha from Magi: Some pieces are partially done

Other Projects and Partial Cosplays
Princess Zelda and Link *
Pokemon Go Trainers (both male and female)*
Tsunade and Jiraiya from Naruto*
Peggy Carter from Marvel Comics
Dr. Strange+
Luigi and Daisy*
Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service
Various Historical Costumes mostly Post-20's and Regency with some pieces from different eras based on extra and left over fabric.
Various modern pieces based on extra and left over fabric as well as present and gift for relatives.

*This is a couple's cosplay with my husband
+This Costume is for my husband, but not a couples cosplay  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

ChaosKnights

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:49 pm
Was just at Fanimecon 2022.

Felt kind of meh. Not really sure why.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:44 pm
ChaosKnights

I take it that the magic of past conventions wasn't their. I feel that conventions will come back to their former glory soon,  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:29 pm
smithers456
ChaosKnights

I take it that the magic of past conventions wasn't their. I feel that conventions will come back to their former glory soon,

Many cons just don't have the same feel anymore. It may be that there was too big of a break.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:53 pm
angelmage99

Many cons just don't have the same feel anymore. It may be that there was too big of a break.

Maybe I suppose. Gonna try another convention coming up in August and see how I feel afterwards.  

ChaosKnights

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:45 am
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

Maybe I suppose. Gonna try another convention coming up in August and see how I feel afterwards.

I'm hoping to go to a con in October. It's questionable though. My husband probably wont be able to go and I don't want to pay for a hotel alone.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:55 pm
angelmage99

I'm hoping to go to a con in October. It's questionable though. My husband probably wont be able to go and I don't want to pay for a hotel alone.

What con are you planning on?  

ChaosKnights

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:48 pm
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

Anime Banzai in Layton, Utah. I have a few friends that are going and I have a friend who lives in the area (probably like an hour drive away), so I still will have to check, but there's no promise.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:09 pm
angelmage99
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

Anime Banzai in Layton, Utah. I have a few friends that are going and I have a friend who lives in the area (probably like an hour drive away), so I still will have to check, but there's no promise.

I never heard of Anime Banzai. Is it a small con and what is it all about?  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:12 pm
I don't have any set plans but I may go to Youmacon 2022 in Downtown Detroit. Their should be more people this year at Youmacon with the border with Canada open now and International travel back. Still on the fence due to covid and money issues. My brother and I miss going to cons so badly. We will see.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:29 am
smithers456
angelmage99
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

I never heard of Anime Banzai. Is it a small con and what is it all about?

Not quite sure about it's size. Last year it was 4,000, but were talking about post-covid limited attendance policy, on top of that a lot people commented that in years past it was bigger. It is also the only fully anime con in Northern Utah that is not a 'teens only con' (yes there a teens only con).  

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200

ChaosKnights

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:20 am
smithers456
I don't have any set plans but I may go to Youmacon 2022 in Downtown Detroit. Their should be more people this year at Youmacon with the border with Canada open now and International travel back. Still on the fence due to covid and money issues. My brother and I miss going to cons so badly. We will see.

Could postpone another year.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:21 am
angelmage99

Not quite sure about it's size. Last year it was 4,000, but were talking about post-covid limited attendance policy, on top of that a lot people commented that in years past it was bigger. It is also the only fully anime con in Northern Utah that is not a 'teens only con' (yes there a teens only con).

Teens only con? That's a first I've ever heard of.  

ChaosKnights

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:35 am
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

Teens only con? That's a first I've ever heard of.

Yeah. So to give some reasoning to it (which really any anime con is a teen con), but I live in Southern Idaho (now) and Salt Lake is only three hours away. So because there are a lot of religious zealots (I'm LDS/Mormon too so I will make fun of my faith as much as I want). They don't trust regular cons to do the job. So a library in the Salt Lake area holds a teens event/anime con every year called Toshocon.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff