Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
2022 Cosplay Cons and Plans Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:34 am
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

Not quite sure about it's size. Last year it was 4,000, but were talking about post-covid limited attendance policy, on top of that a lot people commented that in years past it was bigger. It is also the only fully anime con in Northern Utah that is not a 'teens only con' (yes there a teens only con).

Teens only con? That's a first I've ever heard of.

A teen convention sounds nice. Some teens feel uncomtable with lots of adult cosplayers around. I see it more than the average convention goer being a Cosplay Photographer. As a rule I don't take photos of Cosplayers younger than 16 years old, especially younger kids. Also their are Anime Clubs in a lot of schools now so a teens only con sounds like a natural progression.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:40 am
angelmage99

Yeah. So to give some reasoning to it (which really any anime con is a teen con), but I live in Southern Idaho (now) and Salt Lake is only three hours away. So because there are a lot of religious zealots (I'm LDS/Mormon too so I will make fun of my faith as much as I want). They don't trust regular cons to do the job. So a library in the Salt Lake area holds a teens event/anime con every year called Toshocon.

Strange, but understandable I suppose.  

ChaosKnights

angelmage99
Vice Captain

Liberal Ladykiller

22,940 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2022 1:21 pm
ChaosKnights
angelmage99

Yeah. So to give some reasoning to it (which really any anime con is a teen con), but I live in Southern Idaho (now) and Salt Lake is only three hours away. So because there are a lot of religious zealots (I'm LDS/Mormon too so I will make fun of my faith as much as I want). They don't trust regular cons to do the job. So a library in the Salt Lake area holds a teens event/anime con every year called Toshocon.

Strange, but understandable I suppose.

It is strange, most of the people who put on these events are the same people and most of the cons there (or here in Idaho) do not have nightlife.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:36 pm
angelmage99

It is strange, most of the people who put on these events are the same people and most of the cons there (or here in Idaho) do not have nightlife.

Even stranger. But I suppose there is a good reason for it's setup.  

ChaosKnights

Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces