[SRP] Snowstorm (Hallows Bane x Leeki x Palila) - Fin -

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:28 pm
This is a solo RP between Hallows Bane, Leeki, and Palila. All are owned by Nayci.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The ever-present chill in the air told Hallows Bane very quickly that a cold front was coming in. The whispers of the wind indicated that not only was it coming in, but it was coming fast. Roiling blankets of clouds danced across the sky like a tidal wave coming to breach upon the sandy shores of the western ocean. The darkening sky cast shadow across the lands he called home. He had been in a snowstorm or two in his lifetime. But this? This was different. This was much worse, something he hadn’t anticipated, and something quite dangerous. The whispering winds very quickly becoming much closer to shrieking whistles as it passed through the foliage.

“We must move quickly!” he sounded the alarm as he ushered his son Desiderius further into the cave as snow quickly began to fall, “into the back where it is warmer and away from the cave mouth!”

Nudging his child to move quicker, probably a bit quicker than was anticipated, and hearing a short annoyed squawk as his son accidentally stumbled, Hallows frowned.

“You’ll be fine. It’s better than freezing.”

As Hallows mane and fur began to fill with snowflakes and batter at his body, Hallows took another look out into the ever-quickening snowstorm, scanning to find Leeki as fast as he could. Where was she?! Leeki was never far from his side, his ever-present companion and voice in his ear. If she wasn’t nearby, it could only mean that she was caught out there in harm's way. As a growl rumbled through his chest he called back to Desiderius.

“Don’t leave this cave. I must find Leeki before something happens to her.”

Without even a second passing Hallows took off into the storm despite his field of vision severely lacking. Leeki would stand out against the stark whiteness of the snow. He was sure of it. He had to find her fast. Inches upon inches of snow tried to bar his way forward, in some places already as deep up to his knees, but he did not let up. He couldn’t. He wouldn’t. He. Would. Find. Her.

“Spirits do not forsake me,” he growled out into the storm as his eyes narrowed, “you’ve done it twice already in my lifetime so maybe it shouldn’t surprise me if you do it again.”

And realistically Hallows Bane wasn’t wrong in that sense. The spirits took his family from him. They took his mate and other child from him. But those dark thoughts were for another time. For now, Hallows was on a mission, and he was going to see it through no matter the cost. Leeki was the one consistent in his life and he wasn’t going to let her down.

Word Count: 455  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The storm had caught the pink mare quite off guard to say the least. Not to say that Palila didn’t know that a cold front was coming in. Like many of the creatures in the Kawani, they could feel it in the air before anything else. However, what Palila hadn’t anticipated was for it to hit this badly. Hence why she ended up out here in the trees getting pummeled hard by snow and howling winds with a field of vision far worse than a near sighted creature. It was this that had Palila the most worried. Not just for freezing to death, but the other dangers that lurked in the shadows. Many a predator would take advantage of this if they had the means to. With a determined push against the snow and wind, Palila kept moving forward to find shelter wherever it possibly could be. The sooner the better as well. While her winter coat had come in a moon or so ago, she was beginning to feel the chill.

Step by step. Inch by inch. Palila fought hard towards her intended goal. Her mind was set if not determined. Everything was going to be okay. Or so she thought until a small black and green mass screamed out and hit her face suddenly with a howling wind. Its wings flapping erratically as it tried to gain its balance. However, it instead grabbed onto Palila’s neck in what seemed to be an attempt to stop its flight into the snowy abyss behind them.

Palila yelped loudly in tandem with the mass of a creature and reared up in surprise, throwing the small creature down into the snow, effectively stopping its travels.

"I’m so sorry!” Palila heard it cry out, “please help!”

Whirling around quickly, Palila just barely noticed that it was a bat, a female bat at that based on the voice, and one who was about to be picked up again by the wind. If she didn’t act, the poor thing was going to be tossed into the cold, and who knows where they’d end up.

“I’ve got you!” Palila called back rushing forward and putting her legs behind the bat in support, “you’re not going to go anywhere!”

She felt the bat’s wings wrap around one of her legs, wincing for just a moment when she felt the small claw on the wings dig in into to climb upwards and take refuge upon her back. It wasn’t enough to draw blood, but enough to get her attention. As the bat snuggled close to Palila, she heard the other call out again.

“My partner’s home is close by! We can take refuge there until the storm subsides!”

Word Count: 450  

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:06 am
Deep into the snowstorm now, Hallows vision did not get any better. In fact, it was getting much colder, much more windy, and much more dangerous. If he didn’t find Leeki quickly, only pain and terrible things were on the horizon. Forging ahead against the cruel wind, the stallion pushed forward looking for any sign of the black and green bat. She couldn’t have gone far, she never did. And if it was going to be further than normal she would have told him. The fact that she did not spoke volumes, and Hallows did not want to expect the worst due to that.

'She left you just like that mare,' the shadowy part of his mind hissed, 'You were always meant to be alone.'

“Leeki!,” he called out into the white wall, doing everything he could to ignore the creeping darkness of his mind, “where are you?!”

In response came nothing but the howl of the wind and more snow pelting his hide and entering his mouth. The snowy squall doing everything in its power to keep them apart, to keep them in its cold clutches. It began to slowly seep into his fur and to his bones, chilling and dark. As if it wanted to match the internal monologue he was pointedly ignoring. Step by step he continued onwards in his search, desperate in his silent pleas to find her.

‘Damn it, not like this,’ his mind growled back, ‘not again. Not like Nymph.’

"If you can hear me follow my voice!"

He knew it was a long shot. But he had to try regardless. He wouldn't let this storm, both literally and figuratively, win. That just wasn't in the cards.

Word Count: 282  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:25 am
"If you can hear me follow my voice!"

Both Leeki’s and Palila’s ears perked at the second voice as they continued to push in the direction Leeki gave her just moments ago. It was distinctly male, and one that had the bat clinging to the mare vibrating with excitement.

“That’s him, that’s my partner!” Leeki cried out, “follow his voice!”

Without much fanfare outside of trying to keep her balance as the snow continued to get deeper and deeper, Palila did as Leeki advised. Her eyes scanning the road ahead in earnest to find anything that would indicate that Leeki’s partner was as close as she thought. A sign outside of just his voice. If that were the case, that meant they’d hopefully be out of this storm sooner. Her legs were starting to go numb. Frostbite was not something to play around with and take lightly.

“Hallows! We’re coming!” Palila heard next from the bat, “Keep yelling!”

And yell Hallows did. And in return Palila moved closer and closer to the stallion they were in search for. A dark shadow coming into view as a rather large gust of wind caught the mare off guard, almost sending her to the ground. With a yelp Palila attempted to steady herself. The ground was icy under the snow, and gaining her ground was challenging.

“I’ve got you,” the stallion’s voice rumbled deep as Palila looked to find a dark stallion tipped in green stepping into her path and against her side to steady her.

“I’ve got your friend.”

“I know. Home is close. Lean against me if you need to.”

Lean against him Palila did as they made their way back, following the footsteps that Hallows tread just before. Some easier to see than others, and by the time they got to the warmth of the cave, his hoof steps were long gone.

Word Count: 312

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:03 am
Hallows shook the remaining melting snow off his pelt as he was bombarded by a very wet furball that was Leeki clinging to his face and mane in a desperate attempt at what she considered a hug, claws, and all.

“Okay, okay. You’re completely drenched. I know you’re cold. Go further into the cave and get dry. And don’t wake up my son.”

An attempt to slow his quickly beating heart as his panic began subsiding. The inner voice from before sulking back into the shadows from where it came from. He won another battle, a hard-fought victory he had to admit. In the meantime he looked over at the pink mare he found with Leeki. She was also drenched and looked rather worse for wear. But she was alive and with his partner. No doubt without her Leeki would have had a far worse fate.

“Thank you for helping Leeki,” he spoke, “I am in your debt for that. You may stay here and wait out the storm if you wish before moving onward in your journey.”

Blue eyes met his in surprise which he wasn’t quite sure why, “I mean, you’re welcome to go back into that snowstorm if you want. I just can’t guarantee you’ll make it out in one piece.”

Palila shook her head, “oh, no. You just surprised me. After being out in the storm my hearing is just now really coming back. Thank you for letting me stay.”

With a nod of his head Hallows beckoned Palila further into his and Desiderius’ little home and away from the weather outside. Connected to the mouth of the cave, through a rather large tunnel, a deep cavern came into view. A pool of fresh water made its home nearby, not frozen because of its location and warm consistent climate, with a sleeping foal on a pile of leaves in a comfortable alcove. Leeki had already made her home on a nearby rock, having shaken her body to rid herself of the snow, her fur puffing out in quite a comical fashion.

“I appreciate you saving me,” Leeki smiled brightly, “I’d be lost and frozen to death if it weren’t for you.”

“You’re most welcome little one,” Palila replied with a smile back.

“Oh! My name’s Leeki. That’s my partner Hallows Bane. And that tiny little sleeping one and the bane of my existence, pardon the pun, is Desiderius.”

“Nice to meet you, Leeki. I’m Palila. Although I can’t help but ask why you were so far from your partner with a storm rolling by.”

“I thought I could get back from scouting before the storm hit,” came the sheepish reply, “I was looking for someone.”

“Next time er on the side of caution,” Hallows answered before Palila could, “and you don’t need to risk your safety and health on my account.”

‘See, it’s your fault you almost got your partner hurt,’ the voice returned, ‘you’re not worthy to protect anyone.’

With another shake of his head, Hallows gazed upon Palila looking at him curiously and with concern, “I’m looking for his mother,” he nodded towards his son.

“She left?” he could see her concern grow, “But-“

Hallows cut her off, “It’s okay. You don’t need to worry yourself with this. I’ll find her.”

Word Count: 547  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:25 am
Palila couldn’t help but frown as she got comfortable in her own spot for the night. Sure Hallows could take care of his own son, that was never in question. What concerned her though was that it wouldn’t be enough. By nature, Palila was a gentle and nurturing soul, and seeing these three, a rather hodgepodge group to say the least, out here by themselves, trying to find their loved one was…well, sad. It filled her heart with aching sorrow.

“If you’d like, and I apologize if this seems too forward, but I would like to offer some help,” and before Hallows could protest she continued to speak, “You’ve saved my life, given me shelter when you could have easily thrown me out into the cold. It’s the very least I could do. I took care of my younger siblings and the elderly when I was growing up. I love helping children come into their own and make the lives of those who came before us easier. I could look after your son while you and Leeki search for your missing mate. If you’re open to it of course.”

Confusion laced Hallows brow, “but why would you stay here when I’m sure you have plenty of other places you could be? Like back home with your own family. And besides, you barely know us.”

Palila smiled softly at him, “they would understand. My family has always encouraged us to expand our horizons and forge our own path. My intuition tells me that you’re a good soul. Helping you bring your family back together would be a joy.”

She watched as Hallows thought it over, most likely weighing the pros and cons. If he could trust her or not. It was completely understandable, and she would do everything she could to ensure she pulled her own weight and make his life at least a bit easier. To earn that trust. Leeki flew over and landed on Hallows head, leaning over his face, staring him down. Watching as they had a silent conversation between them, Palila waited patiently, looking fondly over at the softly snoring colt in the throws of his dreams.

“I….thank you.” She heard him speak after a moment.

“It’s truly no problem, Hallows. I’m happy to help however I can. We’ll make this work together.”

Word Count: 386  

Nayci

Dangerous Shapeshifter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas