Submit

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:51 am
Wintertime in the Kawani is in full swing, and February is no exception! A strong snowstorm and cold front has blown into the lands, blanketing much of the land in white. Some areas have completely been overwhelmed by snow--and places that are typically warmer or never see the stuff have also been covered in the white stuff.

How is your Soquili handling this snowstorm? Were they caught unaware? Are they experiencing snow for the first time, or are they used to it? What do they do now that they're living in a winter wonderland?

User ImageUser Image

Total WC: 4773

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:16 am
User ImageScarlet moved quickly and purposefully through the wood muttering under her breath as she went. She was on her way back to the mountain valley her clan called home. It was getting near the time of year where her presence would be required for the changing of the grandmothers. Her own grandmother, the matron of the Hoarfrost clan, would be beginning preparations to have all in order before she relinquished the mantle of herd leader to the Rainstorm clan grandmother for her season of spring leadership. One day, if the families plans went accordingly, it would be Scarlet herself, or her sister perhaps, in the role of grandmother. The thought brought a snort of derision from the mare. Ensuring the well being of the clan and her was all well and good but what about being able to live her own life? Not that that had gone so well this far. Scarlet pulled her mind away from thoughts of the stallion who had abandoned her and looked to the sky instead.

Overhead the clouds were darkening causing night to fall faster than normal even for this time of year. Just like her grandmother being reluctant to let go of her seasonal rule it looked like the weather was going to hold on a bit longer too. Scarlet shivered as a cold wind cut through the trees. Damn. She had been hoping to make it at least into the mountains before she stopped for the night but it looked like she was going to have to seek shelter soon or risk being caught in the brewing storm. She pinned her ears back against the rising wind and picked up her pace.

Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:11 am
User ImageCalon snarled as he weaved through the trees, a fresh stolen meal in his jowls, his eyes squinting to keep the blood from his wounds going in. He knew better than to try and snag a bite from the neighboring packs territory. He swore in his head. One of their fastest scouts just HAD to be right there when he got that rabbit. Damn……Cal could usually out run anything, but this guy had it out for him since day one! Probably just jealous he’s tied down to a pack and Cal isn’t. Ha!
Either way the guy was there when Calon killed the rabbit and they immediately had engaged in a fight.
This Black furred scout snapped at him like lightning, leaving him no way to counter. Man this dude was fast. But Cal was stronger. He waited for the Black fur to pin him when Cal folded his legs under and clenched all his muscles springing his attacker off of him, sending him flying against a rock. Thankfully that knocked him out and now was his chance to run for it! Cal snatched his prize and ran as fast as he could away from the scene.
It was getting way too dark for his liking. He would have to find somewhere safe to eat, rest and hide. Using his nose he sniffed around for anything past the scent of blood and cold. He was grateful for his double coat this coming years, weather been too strange even for him.
Damn! Even his nose was messed up. He had to stop a few times to wipe the blood from his eye with his paw. Pondering his options he thought maybe a cave was in this area, but couldn’t remember for sure. What a day! He growled to himself as he continued searching for this possible cave, weaving across trails and between trees.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:27 am
User ImageSomething was off. Scarlet stopped and cast out with her senses. There! She had almost missed it in the coming storm. There was the sound of someone, or something, moving through the woods. She wasn't alone. And there was the smell of . . . something . . Blood! Whatever it was was headed right for where she was standing. She needed to move. But where?

Looking around she saw plenty of trees but not really any cover. Okay then. She would just have to keep moving and hope she avoided whatever it was. And also hope that the blood was from a recent meal so that it wasn't hungry. Being eaten on the way to the ceremony would sure inconvenience her family. She rolled her eyes at the thought. Oh the horror. Shaking herself out of her thoughts she started moving again with a shiver. The temperature was dropping rapidly and she was starting to see her breath fog in the air. She need to find shelter. Soon. And hope she didn't have to fight for it. She started trotting in a direction that, she hoped, would take her away from whatever it was.

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:54 am
User ImageCalon thought he was pretty smart getting away from the black fuzzball, he chuckled to himself with his maw full of rabbit. Speaking of his little snack he thought he’d do his on the go trick he used to do when he was younger. This meal was pretty small so he wasn’t worried. Spinning the carcass and flinging it up wards he threw it to himself like a dog would with a toy and with wide open jaws caught and snarfed down the tasty snack. Just as the meat and bones went down he lost his footing on a bit of a slope and started to roll down hill.
He swore and yelped and huffed as he ricocheted off of trees and rocks before he rolled into …. Something softer??? He couldn’t tell since he was struck by hard things to his noggin. He lay there entangled with a mare, not that he knew it yet, his head making circles while he suffers from his mild concussion adventure, gibberish and grunts his only communication currently.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:35 pm
User ImageScarlet was still making her way briskly along when she heard it. The sound of some poor clumsy creature. Looking up the hill her to her side all she could do was stand and stare in disbelief as, the creature she assumed she had been avoiding, came tumbling toward her. With no time to do anything else she braced for impact.

The force of the blow knocked her from her feet and she lay dazed and tangled with him for a moment. Regaining her sense with a shake of her head she struggled until she could get away from him and regain her feet. Standing there staring down at the blood covered wolf with annoyance all she wanted to do was snap at him but her conditioning in politeness took over.
"Well that was rude." Okay so she at least had to make one jab. "Are you alright?" she resisted the urge to nudge it with her foot. She knew interacting with such an obvious predator could be a risk but if it came down violence she was pretty sure she could handle herself well enough to get away. The horns on her head wear indeed for more than decoration.

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:12 am
User ImageAfter shaking his head clear of the stars he realized he was being spoken to. “Fine…. I’m fine.” He grumbled and got to his paws, taking a moment to register who he was speaking to. A pretty little thing with horns! Nice. Calon glanced over his shoulder in the direction he fell from, wondering if the black b*****d would follow him this far. He pondered to himself and looked back to the lady and gave a polite nod. “Did I hurt you?” Since she caught his fall he figured he’d ask. In the meantime Calon was sniffing the air for any signs of shelter but still to no avail.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:19 am
User Image Scarlet tried to suppress a shiver as she waited on him to sort himself out. She studied him. Fur. Paws. Fangs. He was much better suited to the rising weather than she. When he finally answered her she was relieved to finally be able to be back on her way again.
"I'm glad you are alright-" she started already turning away before her brain registered that he had also inquired of her well being. "Oh, well, I'm quite alright. But I must be on my way. I hope you are more careful in the future. Have a nice evening." At which point she did turn and start to walk away her mind already on finding shelter. She was sure that she remembered a cave not to far away in the rocks at the base of the mountain. Turning in that direction she picked up her pace again as the first flakes of snow started to drift from the storm dark sky overhead.

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:27 am
User ImageCalon flattened his ears and snarled at the snow starting to fall. What a drag. Picking up on the mares body language she too was obviously looking for shelter. This storm looked like it was gonna be a bad one. He followed her at a distance and piqued up at her ,”hey it’s pretty dangerous out here and it’s getting colder by the second. Maybe we should join forces and find some kind of refuge from the coming storm?” He didn’t usually work with others but he was hoping maybe her scent would mask his from black and fuzzy. She also didn’t seem like the kind to team up with the likes of his kind either but he figured he would try.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:56 am
User Image At the sound of his voice coming from behind her Scarlet had to stifle the urge to jump. She had been so focused on moving ahead that she hadn't realized he was following her. Which was a bit creepy and suspicious if you asked her. She stopped and looked at him his actual words taking a minute to sink in.
"Join . . . forces?" The most dangerous thing she saw around was him. Any of the wildlife of the area would pose no threat to her. She wasn't even sure how big the cave she was thinking of was. Still . . . it had been a while since she had had any . . excitement . . . in her life. And what could be more exciting than a bloody and furry stranger. The fact that her mother would disapprove of her keeping company with him made the idea even more attractive to her.
"I'm not sure . . ." she feigned uneasiness flicking her tail. "Maybe. But what's to say you aren't more dangerous than whatever is out here? I mean, what big teeth you have."

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:01 am
User ImageCalon stifled an eyeroll and gave a snort. “All the better to consume prey with my dear.” He flashed a toothy grin at the mare attempting more to be funny.”besides,” he continued,” who says I’m the only dangerous creature out here.” He nodded to her spiky horns and swayed his big tail. “Whatever we decide, we should hurry.” He spoke as the wind began to billow and flurry and the snow becoming larger flakes by the second.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:23 am
User Image Scarlet didn't even try to hide the chuckle that his comments provoked. At least he saw her for what she could potentially be as opposed to a damsel in distress type. His company was growing on her. That tail was kinda cute too. Not that she'd ever admit it. She shook the thought off for the moment.
"Very well, Mr. Wolf. I admit that it may be better to join forces. For now." She shivered as a blast of wind cut through her coat. The snow was starting to cover the ground and as she turned and started walking again it crunched satisfyingly underhoof. It would be beautiful out here by morning. Oh how she loved the snow and her clan's namesake: the Hoarfrost.
"There's a cave not too far ahead I think. I've seen it a couple of times when I've come this way before. We should make our way there and hope it's not already occupied." she said to him over her shoulder. "My name is Scarlet by the way. Do you have a preferred title or shall I continue calling you Mr. Wolf?"

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:03 am
User ImageThis was definitely new for Cal. Was he actually making a friend? Huh. What a weird day. He shook his whole frame to get the piling snowflakes off, as he did he discovered new bruises and previous cuts from his scuffle with the mangy mutt from earlier. Licking a bloody paw he grinned a little at her pretty name,”scarlett huh? Very nice…. I’m Calon Blaidd. Nice to meet ya, you can call me Cal if it pleases.” The wolf gave the girl a wink and caught up to walk beside the mare, using his bulk as a windbreaker from the building storm. “Yeah I vaguely recall a cave around these parts as well but I always forget the exact place.” He sighed.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 5:22 am
User Image“Well . . . Calon Blaidd. Cal. Mr. Wolf. It’s a good thing my memory seems to be better than yours.” She eyed him slyly as she teased him. It didn’t escape her notice that he was trying to block her from the most of the wind. Normally she would have a snarky response for that sort of behavior, a relic from her last relationship with a ‘gentleman’ that hadn’t ended well, but it was undeniable that his coat was thicker than what she had and the now wind driven snow was biting cold.
True to her teasing it was a matter of minutes before they reached an area that started to slope up the side of the mountain. There were rocks dotted everywhere that she began winding her way through and just up the way, normally visible in clear weather from the foot of the hill, was a rocky outcropping that sheltered the dark opening to a cave.
She approached it cautiously, her senses on alert for anyone or anything else that might have taken refuge there but the snow and wind made it nearly impossible to tell without practically walking in.

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:11 pm
User ImageInstinctively he went ahead of her purposely putting himself between the opening of the cave and the mare without even realizing it. Sniffing the air with glowing eyes darting in the darkness he didn't seem to notice anything currently inhabiting their soon to be shelter from the bitter cold. Sending a nod of approval back to Scarlet he went into the entrance, still at a creeping crouch he stealthily snuck inside. Looking about the icicle crusted cavern his eyes slowly adjusted to the deepening darkness, continuously sniffing for any dangers but only finding cold and dirt. Relaxing his muscles he found a nice area to fully shake off the rest of the snow and Ice clinging to his thick double coat. Slowly spinning a few times before he lay down to start licking an ailing paw. "Allright lady," He said between licks, the blood on his tongue leaving a warm metallic scent in the air, "Ill take first watch if you wanna find a cozy spot by me." His tail thumped a spot next to him like a pat from a hand.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff