I did once
  Never
  I'm only here for the poll
View Results

largely inaudible

Vice Captain

Trash

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:58 am
I'm a huge Sims fan but recently the game has felt stale - but what do I expect after 20 years following/playing the Sims series.

I've been thinking back to my favourite elements of each game to find out what is missing.

Sims 1; it's really how they made packs. They seemed really curiated specially and EVERY pack was great. Even if it had some elements you didn't like it genuinely made it feel like a whole new game. I feel now they just pump out half-baked packs then spend 2-3 years fixing them and that feels like a bummer and each new pack doesn't feel like brand new gameplay, just decent extensions to try but it doesnt really add much.

Sims 2; How you could build a neighbourhood. I know they had the World builder for Sims 3 but it just does not beat it in the Sims 2 which made legacy challenges really fun for me. I really enjoyed starting with one sim and having it as their family slowly taking over and making it all for them.

Sims 3; I just liked it aesthetically and a lot of bits and bobs but towards the end of the series it got a little broken in the sense all you needed was the guitar skill and to go to a "subway underground" and busy and you could easily get like 25-50k a day which meant it wasn't really a challenge and it felt easy to fall into "easy" play traps BUT i loved the community. I loved the forums at the time and how peoples shared their stories and would build together.

I know that is in the Sims 4 but it's all over Twitch and feels a little impersonal with just shell challenges, as it is nice from time to time but I like building so it looks like people came together to build over individuals each building their own and placing them together.

I know Newcrest is a blank Town. I wish we could name the area and the districts for a little more freedom and I think it would be very fun to build a town with some people.

I want to get better at building but 1) all homes here are pretty much square boxes and it's just not really a nice look, just big boxes xD so when I picture homes it's hard not to think of boxes. But then I make homes with odd/crap layouts. 2) I suck at landscaping and terrain manipulation. Would anyone be up for building up Newcrest with me?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:52 pm
As a fan of The Sims myself, after a few months into the game, when I start to find it boring, I'll looking into community made mods for content. There's so much you can do with custom assets that people release and I hope you'll look into some yourself. It'll help freshen up the game and it always made me feel like I'm playing something brand new again.  

Hanurai

Aged Battery

GAYmer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces