Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

White Neko Chan

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 4:32 pm
Quote:
Prompt:
Wintertime in the Kawani is in full swing, and February is no exception! A strong snowstorm and cold front has blown into the lands, blanketing much of the land in white. Some areas have completely been overwhelmed by snow--and places that are typically warmer or never see the stuff have also been covered in the white stuff.

How is your Soquili handling this snowstorm? Were they caught unaware? Are they experiencing snow for the first time, or are they used to it? What do they do now that they're living in a winter wonderland?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2022 5:42 pm
Winter had arrived in the area where herd that belongs to Snowlily, one of the oldest soquili in the land. Many of the soqs in the herd has not experience a storm like this. It was very new and scary to some of them. Isabella the snow leopard looking ocolot, had just came out of the shelter right during the storm. "It is okay, everyone. Just stay there!" One of them had told her that the kitsune was missing. "I'll go and find him." She reared back to get her body adjusted to the blizzard. She looked around in the area but the visibility was too low for her to see properly. She paws the cold white stuff, sniffing it. Her eyes widened. "... Snow?" She then turn to glance the sky. "... We are too low for us to have this blizzard." She muttered to herself and sighs. "... Damn it, Yagure... " She knew.. just knew that the kitsune was out in this, despite the danger. She took off, down one of the snow covered paths. Her ears flicked to try to listen for anyone that may be nearby. Isabella ducked under the branches to try not to run into them. Her paws were moving as fast as they could to help her find the kitsune. "It is not the time to save anyone, kitsune!" She yelled out into the blizzard, knowing that it may be futile to do so.

Meanwhile, the kitsune walker was in its feral form, fighting with the winds and snow. He looked around in the area, listening for any cries for help. He tried to see past the howling winds and snow. A faint sound of someone calling him. He perked up his ears and looked around in the area. "Wh.." He muttered in his mind, being unable to speak while he is in his feral form. He strains to try to hear the calls. He stood there in the direction of where he thought the calls were coming from. Another faint yelling of his name, Yagure was a bit louder. It was familiar to him. He widened his eyes. ".... Isabella" He lets out a loud sound that is similar to a bark to try to get her attention.

Isabella's ears kept flicking in various directions. She skids to a stop to try to call for him once again. "Yagure!!!" She looked around in every direction. It was like she was in a blizzard maze. She grunted in soft anger. "Yagure!!" She took off running to try to find the said kitsune but some of the snow and ground broke off underneath her. It caused her to cry out, falling into a small ravine. She landed on her side with a loud yelp several minutes later. She flattened her ears, struggling to try to get up. ".. Y.. Yagure... " She tried to call for him.

Yagure continues to run on the freshly powdered snow, listening for the one calling for him. Suddenly he heard a loud yelp which caused him to do a turnaround, skidding in the soft snow. He chirped loudly towards the call and yelp. He tried to sniff for any scents but the winds were too unpredictable. He uses his tails to shield his face from some of the snow pelting at him. "... W.. What happened?" He wondered as he flattened his ears. "I am coming, Isa.. I am coming!" He gripped the ground and took off towards where he heard the calls and the yelped. He knew she was in trouble. He stopped for a moment to listen.

Isabella's ears pricked up at the sound of the chirps. "Yagure!" She called out in pain. She noticed one of her legs were swollen and whined softly. She knew better than to try to get back on her feet. Her tail moved to keep the snow from settling down on her. She lets out a small sound that is similar to a tiger then called out for him. "I am.. I am right here!" She frowned softly, noticing how strong the wind was howling.

The kitsune heard the fainted calls once again... "Isabella..." He runs towards where the sounds was coming from. He stopped for a few minutes to get back to his soquili form. He knew his feral form would not be able to help. "Isabella!" He called out towards her. He perks up when he heard a reply and a sound of pain. "Oh..." He knew something happened for her to be in pain. "Come on, legs..." He took off faster than before, heading in the direction of the sounds. The wind died down for a few minutes. It was more than enough time for him to see where she was. "... The ravine..." He stopped at the path that was right by the ravine. "Isa!! I'll get you out of there!" He glanced around to see if there was any way down.

Isabella kept trying to let out sounds and words for Yagure to hear. When she finally saw him, she smiled. "... Yagure!" She tried to get on her front feet but fell back on her side. ".... Yagure.. You just had to be out here to be a 'hero'.. You just had to!" She whined at him. "I told you about these types of blizzards before!" Yagure yelled back at her. "So? There is always someone that would be out here.. being stuck!" He finds a safe place to slide down and jumps onto a rock, gripping it with his claws.

Isabella glanced towards him, watching him closely. "... Why? Why do you feel the need to save someone? What is your reason? You know that you would get hurt or worse!"

Yagure jumps onto the ground, looking towards her. "My reason? ... You came out here to find me and ask me that?" He flattened his ears. "Isa..." He sighed softly, moving to settle down besides her. "There are a million reasons out there.. for anyone to use to save someone." He uses his body strength to get her upright. "What is mine?" He looked at her for a few moments. "Because someone did that for me ever so long ago.. You think I was this strong long ago? Oh.. No.. I was just becoming an adult when someone saved me.."

Isabella's eyes grew wide as she listens to him. "... Someone saved you? ... This big kitsune had to be saved?"

Yagure laughs. "Yes, Isa... This big kitsune had to be saved. I was a troublemaker. I was causing so much trouble in a land far from here. What I didn't realize was that I was hurting others." He sighed softly, flattening his ears. That is when wind started to pick up again. "Ugh.. We need to get you home or at least to a cave." He pushes against her to try to help her up. "Use my body to lean on." Isabella nodded while grunting to get up onto her paws. She yelped slightly at the pain from the swollen ankle. The kitsune looked back and saw the ankle. "... To a cave then.. You can't walk far with that."

Isabella glanced towards him, nodding. "But you never answered my question...." She slowly started to walk on her 3 paws, limping with the bad one. Yagure tilts his head. "... In a way I did.. I hurt others in ways most don't understand. To put it bluntly... I was a bully." He walked with her slowly. "I was degrading others and just plain being mean. Others that were different.. or weren't pure of any species.. " Isabella was just blown back by what she was hearing. A kind kitsune used to be a bully? Yagure nodded at her as if he knew what she was saying. "Yea... An elder kitsune saw me being a bully and took me in. He instilled punishments on me that can only break the cycle of being a bully. It was painful but worth it." He sees one of the caves that he knew of nearby. "Come on.. I'll tell you about all of this." Isabella nodded softly, limping with a few whines here and there. It was even rarer for this kitty to be looking worse for the wear. ".. Thank you."

Yagure guided her towards the cave. ".. He told me that being a bully is never worth it. The pain of what I have done would be them for a lifetime. I would have that on me. From that day, he instilled hard lessons.. Showing me what happens later to someone that has been hurt by another bully. Self-esteem issues.. Never feeling like they belong." He says while helping her getting into the cave.

Isabella glanced towards him once inside the cave, ".... That had to be painful for you to go through those lessons." He nodded softly. "It was worth it though. That is my reasons.. To break the cycle.. To help those who need it even out there." He helps her settle down on the soft leaves that was left there by another creature. He then settled down right besides her, putting all of his tails on her body to help her be warm. Isabella sighed softly. "It makes sense now that you explained it... Thank you.." She looks at him with a soft smile. "I won't ever get on your butt for it anymore.." Yagure laughs. "You can for something like this.. The storm. It is indeed reckless. But lets get some rest.. The storm will be over by morning." He lays his head down on the leaves. Isabella does the same, closing her eyes to rest.  

White Neko Chan

Beloved Shapeshifter

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces