Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:44 pm
Quote:
Private, self RP. Please only post if invited.

User Image

Cancion de Cielo, daughter of the GoldenRose Aureate, peered out from under the canopy of trees, wonder in her eyes. The last time she had laid eyes on snow she had been a young foal, and it certainly hadn’t been this heavy! Taking refuge in a cave tucked into the nearby forest, the mare and her mate had been spared the worst of the cold, though it was still a chilly night they spent huddled in the back. They had been hunting for her crystals when the storm really started to get bad, so they found a off shoot of the main cave that kept them away from the wind. Plus, she’d found some great crystal specimens, so it wasn’t ALL bad.

Taking a cautious step into the soft powder, Chaci began to wander around, winding through the open canopy of trees. Veluri was still sleeping back in the cave, and he wasn’t so keen on cold. Or adventuring, but he put up with that for her. She’d waited so long for someone like him, it almost seemed too good to be true when he had quite literally fallen at her feet all those moons ago. She was a notorious wanderer and was far more likely to be found hunting for crystals then at home with her family. Her sister had a family of her own, and while everyone loved to see her, (well…a few of them? Maybe?) it wasn’t the same, and she felt like she was often encroaching on their lives.

So, when her darling, cautious mate tripped, fell, and rolled down a hill, landing in a heap a foot away from her, it seemed fate had intervened. He was a shy sort, a thinker, often planning things months in advance and preparing for every eventuality. He was her opposite in many ways, bringing some much-needed practicality to her life, and keeping her head on straight. He often stopped her from doing some rather questionable things and entering some less then safe areas to look for her favorite crystals. She in turn drug him out of his shell, often kicking and screaming, encouraging him to explore and live a little! He's made new friends and had lots of exciting new experiences with her…She hoped she made him as happy as he made her.

Huffing out a breath and watching it fog up in front of her, the mare smiled. She was so happy… she couldn’t have ever imagined how wonderful her life was going to turn out, especially when she was so lonely as a young mare. She was older now, wiser, and she could see that the path that her life had been on brought her to this moment, and thank the gods that was the case. Leaning down, the mare nosed gently at a small patch of snowdrops at the base of a tree, breathing deep. Hopefully, it would begin to warm up soon, she had crystals to find! Plus, it was probably going to be the only way she was going to talk Veluri out of the cave…

Quote:
WC: 513

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:15 pm
User Image

Coming awake on a shiver, Veluri Sinatlis yawned softly and lifted his head blinking the sleep from his eyes. He had been so warm, snuggled up to his lady love, protected from the frigid temperatures. He wasn’t surprised to wake up and find her not beside him, she didn’t sit still well, often out adventuring in the early morning hours. At least he’d convinced her that it was easier (and safer) to hunt for crystals in the daylight, and that they should be holed up somewhere as the sun was setting. She loved exploring, his song, but she often didn’t plan. She was the type that just went off on a tangent, not thinking about the consequences of her choices. She’d not gotten herself in serious trouble, she was far to smart for that, but some of the stories she shared with him sent a shiver down his spine.

Lifting himself off the bed of grasses they’d pulled together, the stallion gave a stretch and a full body shake. He should probably venture out of the cave and hunt her down. His Chaci was an angel, warm and happy all the time. She was his soul mate and thank the fates he’d ended up at her feet in a crumpled heap. He’d been mortified at the time, not only had he tripped on a root, but he tumbled down a hill like a newborn foal. It would have hurt a lot less if she’d not been there at the end, but it was a wounded pride, not body, that was the cause. She looked down at him with a mixture of concern and amusement, and he feel in love right there. She helped him get to his feet and helped him check for any serious damage. Thankfully it was only a wounded pride, but it brought her into his life, and he’d trip over one hundred more roots if it meant keeping her in his life.

Squinting as he breached the mouth of the cave, the stallion scanned the general area for her. She was of a lighter coat color, so she’d likely blend into the snow more readily than he would. Spotting her tracks in the snow, he stepped into the cold powder and made a face. Gods above it was cold out here! Following along in her path, he had to chuckle. This was such a representation of their relationship, and he loved every second of it. She pushed him to be stronger, to say what he wanted and then go get it. She taught him to relax, to have fun and not worry about the future. He slowed her down, made her think and plan her steps. They made a great pair, and he was far happier than he could have ever imagined.

Spotting her a few yards ahead, the stallion picked up his pace. The flowers she was admiring paled in comparison to her. Calling out to her, he beamed when she turned to face him. “Good morning darling, I trust you slept well, even in all this snow. Did you find yourself something of interest? Should I have brought our bag?”

Quote:
WC: 526

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

Silver Metallic Dragon

Hygienic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:29 pm
Hearing his steps before she heard his voice, the cream-coated mare smiled. So, he had decided to exit the cave, even in this weather. If that wasn’t love, she didn’t know what was. Lifting her head, Chaci shook out her mane as she turned to face him. She struggled however briefly with moving her feet, realizing it had started to snow again. The snow was far deeper than she expected, which was going to make their continued travels very difficult going forward.

“Good morning my love! Yes, our small haven was great, I’m glad we found all that grass though. It made it much warmer. Oh no, no need for the bag. Its just snowdrops, and they’re so much lovelier living.” Scanning her surroundings briefly, the mare was surprised at how thick the snow layer was. It appeared that they weren’t going anywhere for a little while. That was quite alright with her, it was way to cold for any sane soul to be out tromping around.

“I hate to say it Vel, but I think we’re stuck here for the time being. It’s cold, the snow is thick and its only going to get worse. Should we gather up some fruits and head back into the cave to ride the storm out?”
She’d seen a large group of wild apple trees, and she thought she’d spotted some persimmon trees mixed in there as well. That should get them well through the storm, and with the small stream she’d seen deeper in the cave, they would be set for several days if need be. Shuffling through the snow, the mare led the way to the apples, wincing as the snow began to get deeper.
“The apples are this way, lets get moving before it gets any harder to move around out here.” Pushing forward, she reached the first trees and began to pick apples she could reach. “Maybe you should have brought the bag with you…”

He’d noticed the storm starting back up as he approached his mate, the thick snow slowing his movements down. He’d figured out quickly they weren’t going to be moving on today, or even tomorrow. He wasn’t exactly sad about that, but he knew Chaci would be getting a little anxious to get on the move after a few days. After all, he tended to move slower, and enjoyed staying still a lot more then she did. Smiling, he watched her scan their surroundings before returning her attention back to him.

“I think you’re right dear, I fear we’re stuck for at least a day or two. It’s picked up considerably since I left the cave, I think its in our best interest to stay put until it stops.” Following her line of sight, he nodded when he noted the fruit trees. “Good idea Chaci.” Watching her trudge forward, he chuckled to himself. They were going to need that bag after all.

Grinning, he turned and began to power his way through the snow. “I’ll get it, you keep working on the apples!” He was able to reach the cave with minimal effort, but the temperature was clearly dropping fast, and the sun that he’d seen when he exited the cave was gone behind dark clouds. Snatching the bag up, he used the trail he’d blazed earlier to make it back to her faster. Setting it gently on the ground near her, he pushed further into the wild trees, looking for some of the persimmons he spotted. Rearing up on his hind end, the stallion reached as many of the fruits he could.

Chaci was packing the apples into the large bag when he made it back, dropping several persimmons next to the bag before returning to fetch the rest. They weren’t very far away from the grouping of trees, so he could venture out to fetch more fruits if they needed them. Helping the mare pack the rest of the gathered fruits into their bag, Veluri shivered. They needed to get moving back into shelter or they could be in some serious trouble.
“Come on love, lets go. It’s getting dangerous to be out here for too much longer.” Nosing her along, he leaned down to lift the bag into his jaws. “Use the trail I made; it will be faster to get back to the cave.” Following closely behind her, the snow fall began to get heavier, and the wind began to howl through the trees. The cave came into view, and Veluri heaved a sigh of relief. The warmth of the cave greeted them, and they continued back to the small alcove they’d discovered earlier, shaking the snow from their coats.

“Thank goodness, that was way to cold for my taste. Let’s huddle up and warm up… we can decide where you want to go later.”

Settling herself into the grass, the mare watched her mate fuss about in the cavern, moving grass around and settling fruit in front of her before he ever thought of settling himself down. Smiling, she stared up at him for a long moment.

“Vel, we don’t ever have to go anywhere. If you’re with me, it’s going to be the only place I’ll ever want to be.”

Quote:
Chaci WC: 394
Veluri WC: 478

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas