Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Waking to Something New (Siria Lior Crysata x Pearl)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:09 pm
Quote:
Wintertime in the Kawani is in full swing, and February is no exception! A strong snowstorm and cold front has blown into the lands, blanketing much of the land in white. Some areas have completely been overwhelmed by snow--and places that are typically warmer or never see the stuff have also been covered in the white stuff.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The absence of filtered sunlight would have been startling to say the least. Siria's gaze, still tinged with sleep, met the shape of Pearl's still slumbering form beside her. There was no hesitance on her part as she draped one of her wings over Pearl's back before sighing softly. Her gaze took in the darkness of the cave in which they had escaped into after failing to outrun the storm that had crashed over them. Snowflakes that had been falling daintily for a large portion of the afternoon had been replaced with ice cold pellets that had stung the eyes, making it hard to see. For Siria, the winds that had raged made it nearly impossible to fly. But somehow, the spirits had been watching over them and both she and Pearl had managed to find shelter.

Rising to her feet the cream colored mare stretched out her wings to their full width before gently nosing at Pearl's side. Her voice was soft but determined.

"Pearl, it doesn't look like the snows have let up yet. Do you think we'll continue to be safe in this little hidey-hole of ours?"

If they couldn't remain here indefinitely that meant that one or both would have to seek out another place that they could use for shelter. If they could survive here, and gather foodstuffs, then it wouldn't be so bad ... but Siria wasn't one hundred percent sure that food could be obtained.

Word Count: 241

xKara Asumie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:58 pm
User Image Pearl yawns with a stretch as she gets to her feet. Looking out at the snow that is still falling. Looking about the cave that they are in and then out to the snow again. Thinking about what their next move should be.

"We can look to see if this cave goes any deeper or I can go out and at least gather food. These winds wouldn't be easy on your wings if you were to leave and go out into the storm. Plus my tail is great for digging in snow and dirt."

She points out that she is built to gather and even if the cold were to bother her then she could make it back without having to worry about the blast of wind snapping a wing. She worries that Siria's wings could get damaged in storms like this with the high winds forming and spinning about the area covered in it. So she will take the lead to gather what they might need so that Siria doesn't get hurt being out in the storm at all.

WC :: 180

tefla

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:13 pm
At Pearl's insistence that she would be the one to go out and see if she could gather up some food, Siria let her worry show through. They'd not been together long but yet they had already raised two fine sons. Her gaze softened knowing that Pearl was only trying to look out for her. The winds that had hit them the previous night had forced her to remain grounded and even at times while they'd been searching had gusts come up that were determined to snatch at her folded wings in an effort to wrest the only control that she had.

Thinking about the other scenario Siria sighed before leaning against Pearl's frame. "I don't like the idea of you going out alone though. What would you say to a compromise of sorts? I'm thinking that if you go out to look for supplies that I could stand just as far as the mouth of our little cave here so that I can keep a close eye on things. If I see anything I could shout a warning and you'd be able to get back to relative safety?"

It was a weak excuse but Siria didn't want stay behind and feel useless. Her wings were a weakness in heavy, blustery winds, but she couldn't sit idly by and do nothing.

"I could even help scrape some ice from the area, see if anything is growing underneath the snow layer."

Her gaze was hopeful as she looked beyond Pearl to the snow that lay outside. If only the winds would cease, then she and Pearl could scrounge together.

Word Count: 268

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 9:39 pm
Pearl looking at Siria. Thinking as she wonders what the right thing to do is. Then she smiles as she leans against Siria as she feels her weight on herself. This was peaceful. She was in love with Siria and wanted to be with her for all of her life. This was a feeling she has gained after knowing Siria for the short time that they have known each other.

"Well I guess you can look out from the cave's mouth. But I don't want the winds hurting you out in the open. I want to protect you. More so in times like this." She points out as she slowly moves to the mouth of the cave. Looking out she knew that they needed food and this storm wasn't going to just play nice and stop long enough for that.

She starts to head out into the storm. Snow falling onto her form as she stays come to the mouth at first using her tail to move the snow away from the ground. This is to find roots and any growth that they can use as food. She uses her tail to dig into the ground after moving the snow away. This allowed her to find some food as she gathers it into her mouth and brings it back into the cave.

"I will gather more again." Pearl stated after laying what she did find onto the ground inside the cave. Turning to head out as she is looking first close to the cave before going to far out into the storm. Just in case the storm turns for the worst and it becomes unsafe to leave the case more so then it is now.

WC :: 285

tefla

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:15 pm
Siria couldn't help but think that she and Pearl were both wise enough to know not to argue with each other. As they moved towards the cave entrance Siria watched as Pearl ventured out into the snow and the storm that still seemed intent on blowing hither and thither. Her own gaze swept the mouth of the cave entrance before she took a few cautious steps beyond the natural wind barrier. Her mane and tail were tugged playfully around her form before she darted back to the protection that the cave afforded them.

It was fortunate timing that Pearl returned at that moment and placed some edibles on the earthen floor before turning around to examine the ground in front of the cave. Siria let her pawed feet snag on the pile and dragged it further away from the entrance. It'd not do well to have her mate spend all this time foraging if it were to just disappear with the chance of an absurdly strong wind gust.

Feeling that the food was now secure enough Siria returned to the entrance and once more stepped cautiously outside. The world had changed overnight. Snow that seemed to be heaped into random piles changed their shape as the wind eroded the structures. Her breath fogged in front of her as she gently ran her paws against the snow that crunched underneath them. She glanced to and fro before frowning. Had she already lost track of Pearl somehow?

Stepping out more into the direct open didn't bring sight of her beloved and Siria danced in place. She had told Pearl she'd look out for her, and stay close to the cave, but in the short time her attention had been diverted, Pearl had vanished from her line of sight. Would it be wise to venture out further than she already had, or would she place her faith in Pearl to soon return to be in sight once more.

Scratching at the ground once more Siria lowered her gaze to stare more intently at the earth below. There wasn't any indication of recent growth and she was disheartened by that. Once more did she lift her head to scan the horizon. She'd give Pearl a few more minutes and hope that she was ok.

Word Count: 380

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:38 pm
Swiping the snow from the ground as it hit a berry brush. To her shock there were frozen berries covering the brush as if they froze before having time to fall. Smiling as Pearl then gathers as many as the branches as she can. Not dropping any berries off of the branches that she broke off the brush. She then turns and returns to the cave. Seeing her beloved as she runs her tail lightly against Siria's side. She can't really talk with a mouth full of branches.

Once she and Siria are back inside the cave. Pearl then lays the branches down. There was enough to make a full brush. "There are more in the area I found these. But I think this is all for now. These should be enough to last us the night and into the morning if need be. Then maybe the storm will have calmed down a bit more to look for more food." She points out smiling.

"I almost lost my way. But I marked the land about me with my tail. That is how I made sure that I would find my way back to you. Forever and always Siria." She looks at the pile of food. There was roots, berries, grasses, shrubs, and forbs. That is all she could find. But at least she found enough to get them through the night and into the morning.

WC :: 235

tefla

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:08 pm
There was nothing better than knowing that for at least a little while, they'd be safe to remain in situ. Siria looked down at the berries-laden branches that Pearl had managed to locate during her search of the snow covered ground. Although it the supplies would hold them over for at least one more night Siria knew that if the winds didn't die down at least for a good portion of the upcoming day that she too would have to make the effort to brave the conditions outside. It was a daunting venture but they would not be able to stay here if the food sources ran out. She nosed at one of the branches before giving a soft sound of contentment. The weather outside was truly frightful.

The mare moved to stand at the cave entrance before flicking a claw into the earthen ground, making a large furrow before she turned and put her back to the entrance. Food supplies were finite during inclement weather and she'd loathe to leave the safety this cave provided - but if push came to shove, she'd risk flying into the storm if it meant survival. Moving away from the entrance Siria moved to press closer to Pearl. "As much as I hate to say it, I think we're stuck here until the winds die down. Both of us can handle snowdrifts with ease but the winds are another issue. I can't fly in them and they do pose a risk even when I am walking. And I feel utterly useless hiding from them but what else can we do?"

She dipped her head in regret before continuing softly, "at least though we are together and two heads are better than one in any situation. We have each other's backs - and more importantly, each others hearts."

Siria glanced to the back area of the cave before sighing, "we've not really explored much further than this little area and it may come time that we need to but for now we have food, warmth and each other. I think we'll be fine until the storm lets up."

Word Count: 352

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:06 pm
Pearl smiles at her beloved. She understood that there would be risks if the storm didn't die down. After all they couldn't stay in this cave for too long. She glances at the back of the cave. "Yes I agree. Whether we go deeper into the cave or out into the storm. Something has to give. But like you said. We have each other and we will get through this no matter what." She nuzzles into Siria as they snuggle in for the night. Here is to hoping that the storm fades in the night. Closing her eyes as she finds comfort in having Siria beside her.

There wasn't a lot they could do with the sun setting and storm raging on like it was. So loving on her beloved was the next best thing. She wasn't all that hungry as she was more into cuddling for the closeness and warmth. Pearl was happy that she was able to find food for them and enough to last the night and into the morning if they got snacky. If they didn't get snacky then the food would last them longer. Maybe until evening time tomorrow. But she will stick with saying morning just incase. For now it is time to enjoy their time snuggling and pray that the storm wouldn't be there in the morning. Just another wonderful day of playing in the snow. She smiles a bit thinking about the fun in the snow they could have without the storm ruining their time.

WC :: 253

tefla

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:41 pm
Siria woke to darkness permeating their temporary shelter. Her gaze took in Pearl's slumbering form and she stretched before rising to her feet. Her gaze took in the cave entrance and she moved quietly to stare at the scene before her. The winds had died and the land was covered in white. Even with no moonlight to glisten on each tiny flake the lands still gave off the most astonishing, breathtaking sight imaginable. How was it that such a raw, untamed storm could result in such a wonderful vista?

Knowing that the winds were gone eased some of Siria's fears about being trapped here for days on end and she gave a soft laugh before stepping out into the newly fallen snow. Her breath rose in a pale cloud around her and she paused before glancing back to where Pearl lay. Her gaze took in the snow-covered land once more before she turned around to rejoin the other that held her heart close.

The snows would be here to enjoy when morning came and if the winds had truly subsided than there would be time for exploration later. Ducking her head to snag a small twig of berries Siria returned to her spot and gently plucked the round orbs off their twigged base before munching contently on half. The other berries she positioned to rest within inches of Pearl in case she woke later and was hungry. Stress evaporated and hunger sated Siria lowered her head back to rest against Pearl before letting her eyes drift shut. Everything would work out fine.

Word Count: 262

Kara Asumie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:23 pm
Pearl sleeping soundly as she felt cold when Siria left her side. But the warmth came back and was nice. She snuggles deeply into the warmth at her side. She wasn't in a hurry to wake up as she just wanted to enjoy the snuggles with her beloved until the morning sun wakes her. Deeply into sleep and snuggling into the warmth more and more when a breeze would sneak into the cave.

A few hours later the sound of birds chirping makes Pearl open her eyes. The winds gone and the calm of the day felt nice. Noticing the pile of berries before her, she takes a bite of berries. She then raises to her hooves and heads to the opening of the cave. Looking out across the snow covered lands. The sun making the ground shimmer and glisten. The storm that came like it wanted to destroy life... Left such a calm in it's wake.

The beauty of it all made her breathless as she scanned the land in awe. There was something about this and the fact that Siria was with her made it all better. Smiling as she turns to walk closer to Siria only to nuzzle her.

WC :: 202

tefla

Kara Asumie
Crew

Nine-tailed Neko

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:49 pm
Siria was dozing lightly and felt the motions mimicked that she had taken hours earlier when daylight was still hours away. Her ears caught the chatter of birdsong and she shifted her position before feeling Pearl return to her side. Her gaze widened only slightly before she relaxed once more. If they were to explore this new area it could wait until later. Right now she and Pearl were safe from the outside world...

...and that was all that mattered to her. All other things could wait for the moment. She allowed one of her wings to drape over Pearl's back before allowing sleep to wash over her once more. They had managed to wait out the storm that had caught them off guard.

Word Count: 124

(( fin ))  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces