Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:15 pm
Quote:
Wintertime in the Kawani is in full swing, and February is no exception! A strong snowstorm and cold front has blown into the lands, blanketing much of the land in white. Some areas have completely been overwhelmed by snow--and places that are typically warmer or never see the stuff have also been covered in the white stuff.

How is your Soquili handling this snowstorm? Were they caught unaware? Are they experiencing snow for the first time, or are they used to it? What do they do now that they're living in a winter wonderland?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:16 pm
Waking to find yourself completely snowed into a cave was not exactly the /best/ way to start ones day. Nevertheless that was how Faelan found himself. Usually the cold would have been a dead giveaway but, the stallion never slept alone. Indeed he hadn’t had a night truly alone in years! With three children..a few adopted family members and their own mates..it all made for a large warm heap of bodies. So while it was unpleasant knowing they’d have to spend the morning digging out he greeted it with his usual happy smile. Shaking free of the many random limbs surrounding him he offered his grumbling bunch an even bigger grin as he spoke “Good morning my darlings. Seems we’ve been snowed in rather badly this time. Please get up and help dig..we must check the territory.” They also had to hunt for food and perhaps make sure no one else visiting the mountain had been harmed or trapped. No time to laze about. Setting to work the blue pelted male used his body, paws and sheer will power to begin plowing through the cold snow. “Remember that time we all got snowed in when you were pups?” The answering laughter gave him extra energy to push forward, the story keeping them all from feeling how truly frigid their work was. “Just a bit more boys! I can almost see daylight!!” With some low grunts, groans and a few curses the pack finally had pushed their way out of the cave. Sure enough the snow had piled high all over the mountain and it seemed as far as their eyes could see. Everything was white! Puffing out a breath Faelan felt the smallest of laughs escape..eyes crinkling fondly when the boys started pouncing around like foals. “Come now! Boys you came out of your baskets on a mountain just like this. Silly pups..” Voice filled with mock sternness Faelan set to work digging snow away from their cave..only happy when the opening was visible. Memories were such a distracting thing. Often times he’d found himself lost in them, which was less enjoyable when you had suffered /holes/ or lapses in memory..when you had forgotten who someone you loved was. Eyes clouding he couldn’t help picturing the three chuckling full grown stallions as little foals bouncing through the snow. Calling out to him, small voices shouting ‘Papa papa what did you bring to eat? Papa can we play in the snow just a little longer?’ At a sudden gentle nudge Faelan startled, sharply inhaling as the memories faded away again. The look of concern from Zion was enough to ground him..his eyes brightening right back up. “Ah where were we? Someone needs to dig up some food..though I fear it’ll all be well frozen by now.” They’d stored a bit in fear of the weather turning early but hadn’t expected quite this much snow. With it so deep they’d surely have to hunt more or dig up their now frozen supply. As the day wore on they went from hard work to childish antics; a welcome distraction from the frigid temperature. Laughter filled the air, snow was kicked & tossed about..many pawed and hooved feet leaving their marks behind. Smiling peacefully Faelan let his mind wander freely..with a full belly and his families voices to soothe him. As he rested by the caves entrance he felt a few swift tugs to his mane, grunting when one was a touch /too/ sharp. Humming lightly his gaze swept to find a shivering Pali standing there, eyes pleading. “Oh dear, you should really stay inside the cave..no one thinks any less of you for staying in there where it’s warm Pali.” Huffing out a steamy breath the miniature stallion shook his long bangs out of the way..pale blue orbs oddly intense. “No you should be the one staying inside. It’s cold and you have a history of falling on slippery surfaces!” Trying not to laugh proved too difficult so he let the laughter loose, sides aching until another sharp tug made his laughter fade. Snorting at the pain he tried to switch from laughter to ‘seriousness’..his face just didn’t work that way. “That hurts!! What happened to respecting your elders?” Now it was Pali’s turn to fight off laughter, lips instead quirking up. “Sometimes I wonder if you’re the eldest among us or the youngest. Who knows what would happen if you bonked your head again?” Voice lowering the mini went from yanking Faelan’s hair to nuzzling his neck. The gentle action had his heart aching minutely. “I’m glad you joined our wild bunch..my sons all adore your company. Don’t worry so much. I’m just sitting here after all!” Trying to lighten the mood was ineffective because Pali soon plopped himself down next to Fae. Again came the serious, soft voice..anyone with half a brain could see the pain..even when Pali’s bangs fell back into place. “Please..I know how much they all need you. After everything that has happened this past year, we all just want you to be safe.” Now it was Faelan’s turn to look serious..a flash of pain sparked through his eyes. Talking about the past year was not high in the older males list of ‘fun snow day stuff’. However he could practically feel the emotions reverberating off his little ‘son in law’. Breathing out the smallest of sighs he took a bit of time to watch the boys wrestle. Moroz would always win, still they tussled and cheered one another on when it was their turn. Seeing that they were happy and distracted his focus slipped back to Pali. “Don’t fret son..and don’t protest. Loving one of my sons makes you apart of this wild pack. I won’t do anything dangerous..besides I have all of you worry warts to protect me.” Soothed for the time being Pali remained there pressed against his side, his body soon heavy with sleep. Gaze filled with fondness Fae went back to watching his sons, trying not to laugh or jostle sweet Pali. As the sun started to dip alongside the temperature he gave his slumbering companion a gentle poke. “Let’s go inside and warm up with the others. Come along. You boys!! Shake off that snow before entering the cave.” As they all settled in for the evening their multiple collected pelts were drawn out. Piled high, ready for the usual family pile they’d inevitably end up in later. “Alright you lot gather round for story time!” The exchanging of stories, mostly made up..went on well into the evening. Only when night had truly fallen did Faelan squirm his way free of the warm pile of bodies. Careful to not jostle or shift anyone too much as he stepped back into the crisp cool night. Ever since birth he’d been drawn to the moon, the soft glowing orb that hung above them. Always disappearing when morning came. Always returning when the sky grew dark..it had always been fascinating. Breathing out a steamy puff of air he couldn’t help his wandering mind, it never stayed in one spot these days. More memories flooded forward..now that it was quiet and no one was there to ‘shake’ him from them. Now that no one was awake to see when the first warm droplets began leaking from his eyes. Some memories were simply too painful to be remembered in the daylight hours. Those ones he reserved for the night..when tears were less likely to be seen. When the gentle hitching of his breath was unheard. Whilst lost in the memories of days he would never again experience..something unexpected ‘broke him free’. The soft tickling feeling of freshly falling snowflakes, glittering in the moonlight. Catching on any stray tear drops..making his lips turn up in the faintest of smiles. Wouldn’t it be lovely if he could become snow? To float so freely on every idle breeze..to be cold but, bring a sense of warmth when the timing was just right? As beautiful as the thought was and as lovely as the freshly falling flakes were he couldn’t linger for too much longer. The cold was seeping gradually into his bones..causing his muscles to quiver..body trembling and paws a touch numb. Looking back intently to the moon he offered a more melancholic smile..shaking the tears away as best he could. “Thank you for sending the snow my loves. We had such a lovely time, just like when they were mere foals. I only wish you were alive to see what wonderful stallions they have all grown into.” Fighting off more tears the now fully shivering stallion headed back inside..folding himself back into the warmth that his family so willingly offered to him..their love was the warmest of balms. Not only physically as he felt someone nuzzle into his side..but, mentally & emotionally..their love had saved him from himself time and time again. Burrowing closer with a little sigh of contentment he chanced one more little peek outside..wondering if tomorrow they would have to dig themselves out again.

FIN
1,508 words  

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100

RockerWolfie1616
Crew

Timid Wolf

14,400 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Some others mentioned are not yet certed /recerted -bows-  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff