Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:32 pm
[WC: 1974]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rules specific for this month's game
The prompt is a bit more open ended. Spring is usually teaming with life, and with the warming weather, soquili tend to be stirring. Some are eager to make new friends and explore the land; others still are on the hunt for something more significant, like a mate. Winter hasn't left completely, but there's warmth on the wind, and flowers starting to bloom.

How does your soquili feel about spring? Are they eager to seek out greener pastures or looking for friends? Are they hoping to find a mate and be struck by Cupid's arrow? Or maybe they just want everyone to get off their lawn and leave them alone. After such a long winter, it seems many creatures, great and small, are here to enjoy the break from the cold. How does your Soquili or Familiar fare?

If you're stuck -- you could simply have it revolve around Spring, a change in the season, new grasses and flowers growing, melting snow, thinning ice, and a lot more Soquili and Familiars out and about for whatever reason. Foal season's right around the corner after all (though we know Soq/Fams can have kids anytime) but it is the traditional time for much of nature. Think of it as spring break -- what's your Soq going to do?

Everything must take place within the specified time frame -- RPs that start early or end late won't be included.

March Rp Game

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:40 pm
[228 / Post 1]

While there was still a notable chill in the air, it was hard to ignore the allure of a sunny spring day. Flowers were just beginning to bloom in fields across the land while the trees had started to regain their form. It was oh so lovely and fresh after such a harsh winter that the girls had almost forgotten entirely what they were trying to do.

The twins wished for love. A springtime romance that would blossom into something as romantic as the stories their mother told. Wouldn’t that be lovely? Someone who could see past their eccentricities to the souls beyond? It was enough to make Nakia giddy, even if Kore couldn’t see the sense in it.

As far as she was concerned they had work to do! Fighting skinwalkers and rehabilitating their victims was a near constant job that should have taken up all of their efforts, more so now that the ice had released it’s hold on them. Now that the weather no longer kept the walkers at bay the land would be overrun with them; maybe more if they bred!

“Don’t you think it would be nice? To have someone smile at us and to snuggle up with at night-“

Only if they’re strong enough to fight.” Kore grumbled. She’d conceded; somewhat. A partner wouldn’t be so bad if it kept Nykia happy.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:19 am
Painted Moose

Spring, bah!

If there was one thing that Arnost was the most stubborn about, it was concerning how he did not want to deal with others, especially in the romantic sense. Seeing so many couples just prancing about as winter left and spring filled the air actually filled him with nausea. Arnost shook his head at the thought, his horns knocking into a tree once more to try and shake some branches down. There was a vibrant moss that sprouted in the upper branches and while others surely thought it was a lovely addition to the spring atmosphere Arnost actually needed it for some poultices. He preferred to avoid others but spring was admittedly a good time to gather herbs and refill his stash so that he could continue working on poultices and the like for healing. Anyone else may have been concerned to just see the dark green soquili bashing his head against the sturdy tree over and over a thawk filling the air with each headbutt, but Arnost was happy because he was making progress as more of the valuable bark and moss dropped down to fill his saddlebag.

Almost there. Then he could collect a few more of the flowers that were hopefully sprouting in the forest and maybe track down some mushrooms now that the spring rains were bringing them back to life too. It definitely was set to be a busy day for him! The male was so occupied that he didn’t even notice the arrival of another or rather two more in his general area as he worked on gathering.

[wc: 266]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:31 am
Sabra Knight

Nykia placed a ring of flowers about her sister’s head with a fanciful smile much to Kore’s dismay. They’d been roaming around flower fields for hours looking as pretty as possible hoping to catch the eye of someone but where did that get them? What few stallions that had bothered to show up took one look at the two of them and claimed to either have partners, a horrible illness, or some other such excuse. Still, Nykia hadn’t given up so Kore suggested moving closer toward the trees. Most stallions would be preparing for springtime fights for dominance and the such, as stupid as it was, so she knew they might be sharpening their horns.

And oh, what luck! It didn’t take long for the pair to ear the thwacking of horns on a tree and make their way closer. He wasn’t exactly what they were looking for, but it was enough for practice, right?

“Mother would never approve,” Kore murmured, still some feet away. “He doesn’t have wings.”

“Mother isn’t here,” Nykia hissed and moved them closer with a smile.

“Hellllooo there. Need some help?”

[186]  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:37 am
Painted Moose

Arnost blinked with surprise as a voice disturbed his thoughts. “Help?” He mused before giving the tree one more solid thwack, picking up pieces of the moss in his hooves and quickly stuffing them in his bag. It was then that he finally turned and found himself blinking in outright surprise. He hadn’t eaten any of the mushrooms, right? Did the moss have some sort of effect that he hadn’t known about? Arnost frowned as he took a step closer and inspected the strange creature. Was this even possible? Arnost knew he had seemed strange to others and had seen some interesting soquili in his life but this was a first that two spirits were in one body! A very interesting body at that…if he wasn’t hallucinating.

“You’re real, right?” He asked without even hiding his confusion. “Or maybe I really do need help.”

[wc: 144]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:47 am
Sabra Knight

“Help,” The girls repeated in unison.

It was a good sign that he was coming closer instead of backing away. Nykia’s curls bounced as she gave a side eye to her sister as if to say ‘see?’ before turning back to him. “We’re definitely real. My name’s Nykia and this is my sister, Kore.” The seemingly ‘delicate’ sister’s voice was as light as the spring breeze when she spoke…

…whereas her sisters had a strange tinge to it. As if it were a mix between a normal voice and that of a crocodile, which was fitting considering the way her maw elongated for the fangs within. “You look well enough after that storm. Nice and healthy for the spring season.” Her eyes drifted across him, checking to see if she could see any ribs or injuries.

“It really is lovely,” Nykia said wistfully, “The weather is just perfect and there are so many new flowers. Do you like them? Plants and flowers, I mean?”

[164]  

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:57 am
Painted Moose

Well either his hallucinations were truly getting more believable or this was actually a living being…err beings. Arnost didn’t mind as long as it didn’t get in his way of gathering the herbs that he needed before evening turned everything dark and a bit more dangerous. “Arnost.” He offered his name without thinking before answering the next statement. “I make certain to take care of my body.” He mused with a frown as the words slipped over his head. Healthy of the spring season? Was that some sort of concern now? Did he have to start checking in on the local herds more often for injuries and illness now that it was spring? If so then it was even more urgent that he quickly gather supplies for his poultices! Others may have thought that the strange voice with the fangs was about to eat him or something else, but Arnost was more focused on his work than anything. Some would say he was a bit dense in that regard but the question about flowers gained his attention again as he paused in gathering the final pieces of bark that were good for setting broken bones and keeping poultices in place.

“They are useful so yes?” Arnost raised his head to glance at the pair of sister(s?) again. “Is there something that you need here?” The stallion mused as he approached them to pluck a mushroom that he had seen growing from the roots of the trees. “If you’re sick or worried about me ruining some flowers then I can avoid this area. It’s just a good gathering spot for a lot of the herbs I use in my medicines.”

[wc: 280]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:09 am
Sabra Knight

Well that’s a good sign. Kore thought. It was nice to see him putting so much effort into his physical well being for spring, but that meant little if he couldn’t get through Autumn and Winter. If her sister’s ‘plan’ went through then she didn’t want to have to provide for him when he should have done it himself!

“My sister and I have been looking for something I think you can help with.” Nykia stepped a little closer. “You see, it’s been a long winter and we’re in need of some company, if you understand what I mean.” Usually it was Kore that was the much more abrasive one, but once Nykia’s mind was set there was little that could sway her. She obviously didn’t see him as a potential for a mate, but one didn’t have to be committed to do the things she was insinuating. “Springs the season of love and rebirth so it seems cruel to spend it alone, don’t you think?”

The pair didn’t have much experience in flirtations. Their father was a master at it, with lovers across the realm, but their mother had raised them much more demurely. Not to necessarily deny themselves, but to be a little more reserved than Broderick’s teachings. Too bad that hadn’t stuck.

[215]

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:20 am
Painted Moose

“Oh?” Arnost stopped moving and glanced over the pair. “Are you sick?” He blinked at the mention of the girls needing company. “I mean, I suppose. If you gather herbs I don’t mind staying nearby though it doesn’t seem as if you are truly ever alone.” How could they be lonely if they had one another? This whole situation was so strange. Was he just so lonely himself that he was hallucinating such a situation? Arnost shook his head quickly as if to clear it. Surely he was not that desperate! It was definitely the spring fever that was settling across the land and he truly did not want to be dragged into it.

“I could use some chamomile or valerian if you see anything like that. The little golden or pink flowers.” He mused with a glance towards the girls. “That’s what you want? Something to do that can distract you from being lonely?” If so then he had plenty of gathering that they could help with. Seemed a shame that they were so bored to want to help a stranger like him.

[wc: 184]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:28 am
Sabra Knight
5/5

“No, we’re not sick,” Kore snapped, “We want to-“

“We want,” Nykia passed a meaningful look to her sister, “someone who can give us a little spring fun, but I don’t think you can help us with that.” There was no mistaking the disappointed tilt to her voice, and while her sister nudged her head with her own Nykia just shook it off. Even if we stayed and talked him into it, this wouldn’t be pure. It’s not what I want. And that was that, she supposed. “We could still help look for herbs, though, if you need the help? Since we’ve taken so much of your time already.”

They were bored and lonely, alright, but not in ways that he could fix it seemed.

“Gold and pink flowers, right?” Kore asked, trying her best to break through her sisters mental funk. It was disheartening, but they would just try again in the morning. “Do they grow in fields? Around trees?”

[161]

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:37 am
Painted Moose

“Ah.” Arnost blinked as understanding finally dawned upon him. “I’m not much for fun, unfortunately. Healing is my focus more than anything else.” He admitted without much sympathy for the girls. Not that they didn’t deserve love or to have fun, but he simply didn’t understand the appeal of it. Why waste so much time chasing something like that when you could be pursuing other passions and helping others instead?

“Around the fields.” Arnost advised before pondering over the situation a moment longer. “Thank you for your help and…I know I can’t give you that much fun but there is a herd full of lively personalities down by the southern river. They’ve been enjoying spring a bit too much for my tastes, but it might be something you could enjoy.” Surely that could be a good place for the beginning of their spring fun.

[wc: 146]

[total wc: 1974]

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces