Submit

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:51 pm
This is a private roleplay between Amai Shi (StrawberryRoseTea) and Millicent "HopeBreaker" Baines (Ryghann)

User ImageUser Image

In the aftermath of the winter storm, Kawani's denizens greet the approaching spring with cautious hope. Though the frost lingers in the mountains' reaches, the thaw has arrived, and hints of the new season appear in the form of leaf buds on branches no longer bowed by snow. The following hush is broken by bird song, and the tell-tale sign of new life on the way. In some circles, now is the time to seek out alliances and renew bonds with friends and family separated by winter's grip; in others, individuals might be twitterpated, seeking out a potential mate, ever eager to show off and impress. Others still are simply eager to travel to greener pastures and savor the building warmth and the hope of an early spring. Some among the Soquili and familiars alike may be all too used to this dance, but others may find it very foreign indeed.

As the world begins to wake from the winter thaw, more and more Soquili find themselves out and about. Perhaps the winter weather had kept them at bay, but now they are here in full force, crowding the Kawani with their presence. While the competition for resources may be made all the more fierce with these strangers in the mix, some Soquili may not find their company so very loathsome after all. Then again, the rites of spring are never without some degree of drama.

How does your Soquili or familiar respond to the burgeoning Spring? Are they ready to get out there and spread their figurative (or sometimes literal) wings now that the weather is warmer? Are they out seeking new friends, new locations, or a mate? Or perhaps they are put off by all the incessant birdsong, chatty new neighbors, and twitter pated fools? Is love in the perfumed air? Or is your soq just trying to make it through the day unbothered and on a hunt for peace and quiet? The world is teaming with new life -- is your Soquili or familiar ready?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:03 pm
User Image Shi drifted just on the edge of consciousness. He wasn't quite ready to be awake yet. He would never admit it to anyone else but the winter had taken its toll on him this year. The recent storm had hit him pretty hard too. He was used to ranging far and wide in search of new bones to collect and new friends to make but the snows this year had made it hard. His curled up, sleep drenched body shivered with the thought. The worst part, though, was without the distractions of seeking and socializing his mind continuously brought him back to memories of his mother and darker times. The past was no fun place to be.

Before his brain could take him on another trip down memory lane he flicked his large ears around hoping to catch some sort of sound. When he caught faint birdsong it cheered him enough to crack an eye and lift his head a little. Those sounded like . . . spring birds. Spring! Thrilled by the though of green things and baby animals she leaped to his feet fully awake. With wide nostrils he gulped a lungful of air reveling in the taste of damp soil and new growth. How silly of him to be dwelling on winter when he was already aware that Spring had begun to make its way across the land. Must have been that last big storm. He circled around the small enclosure inside the bramble thicket that he had made into his home making sure all of his bone decor was in place and then, satisfied, made his way outside to greet the morning sun.

WC:274
Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:31 pm
User ImageMilli has set out as the Sun cracked over the horizon, birds proudly trumpeting their lilting arias into the crispy delicious air. She had taken much needed time for herself and her mind, what she did often ended up bothering her down the road. Considering she was the only one of her village that could do what she did. As she trotted along her large axe swung on a sling at her side.
Her hooves barely made any noise as they squished into the soft spring moss on the ground.

Yes this is what the doctor ordered. She let herself give a small smile under her hood. She quickened pace to give herself a nice workout. Milli wasn’t fast by any means but she could run almost forever it seemed.

After quite some distance she decided to ease her , weaving between trees and bushes and just all over exploring. Finding little flowers and nests and mushrooms and bugs and weird plants. It’s was quite enjoyable she chuckled to herself.

Eventually she paused her journey in a nice little almost hidden alcove area after spotting some movement. Bunnies!!! She almost squeaked with excitement. Not wanting to scare them she pulled off her hood, hooking it in its place on her axe sling. Quietly she crept closer and layed down to interact with her new found friends. After a little bit of patience she found it was a whole bundle of bunnies is all colors of fur! She put her nose out and eventually was met with a small twitching black nose.

She had to try very hard to not vibrate with excitement as they started a moment. The others were catching on that this large mare was a friend and not a fiend despite appearances. Before long she had the whole bundle playing around and on her while she lay there happy as a clam smiling wide.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:50 pm
User Image Shi stretched in the sun feeling his muscles quiver all down his body as his coat soaked up the first delicious morning rays. The air was still a bit cold but the day had promise. He took another deep breath and with a joyful snort trotted off into the forest wondering what he might find. New bones? New friends? Or just some peace. As he travelled along not really going anywhere in particular his ears flicked catching all the birdsong. His eyes habitually scanning the undergrowth for the telltale sign of bones and decay that would signal some poor critter hadn't survived the winter. Even though bone collecting and decorating was his hobby he always did his best to be respectful to the whatever life had once inhabited those bones. He felt that in his own way he was honoring what once was by turning the remains into something new and lovely. Like spring replacing winter.

She slid to a stop when something unusual caught his attention. Off the side of the path he saw what appeared to be another Soq. Just laying in the forest. His ears perked and his tail twitched in curiosity. With a silence that had been trained into him since birth he crept closer to get a better look.

A mare! His whole body perked up at the thought of maybe making a new friend. But as he watched the scene unfolding before him he decided to wait just another few moments before announcing himself. His sharp eyes didn't miss the large axe and executioners hood at this strangers side but the gentleness with which he watched her interact with the bushel of baby bunnies intrigued him. Death meeting life. Very poetic. Beautiful. She reminded him of his art.

Finally, unable to wait any longer he shuffled his feet and quietly nickered to alert her to his presence, hopefully not startling her.
"Hello." he offered simply.

WC:321

Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:40 pm
User Image Milli was enjoying the little bundle scene when she finally noticed a Spector of a stallion with large ears and all hints of death around him. However she also noticed the cheery colors in his coat. His greeting surprised her since milli wasn’t used to speaking to many others do instinctively she looked over her shoulder to see if there were another behind her, then realized that it was in fact intended for her.

She didn’t know quite how to respectfully respond right away, she looked to the bunnies and didn’t want to dislodge or disrupt their play so she hoped that he didn’t find her rude. She blinked her glowy eyes slowly. “Hello….” Hmmm. Her voice sounded quite strange….. like a whisper of death. This thought didn’t quite please her. The thought was dashed from her mind when one of the bunnies was demanding attention, she giggled and booped noses with it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:41 am
User Image Trying not to shift nervously on his feet Shi waited quietly for her reply. When she looked over her shoulder before responding to him he was a bit confused and worried there had been something he had missed but when it became obvious that she just hadn't expected him to be talking to her it took all his willpower not to giggle in relief. He knew that feeling and it was amusing to see that he wasn't the only one.

When she finally responded rather than leaping to her feet and dashing away he relaxed. It was actually pleasantly surprising that she didn't even get up, choosing to let the bunnies keep playing. Watching her continue to interact with the babies he couldn't help but chuckle when she giggled.

"Do you . . mind if I join you and your companions?" he asked hopefully. The little fluffs looked like they were very soft and he wondered what it would be like to touch one of them living rather than just collecting their old dry bones.

WC: 173

Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:36 am
User Image“You may do as you like, I do not mind another enjoying these little ones….” She was intently watching their spry little hops and games and how they interacted with eachother. The bunnies had made a game out of jumping on and off of her feet. She was easily able to remain perfectly still for them so they could bounce around without hinderance.

Milli felt bad since she really didn’t know how to engage with other very well so for now she didn’t try to fuddle up what conversation may be held.

Occasionally her axe reflecting the spring sun would flint and she would get caught staring at it. Wondering if it made the stallion nervous or curios. Milli always kept it in top shape, perfectly clean and perfectly deadly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 12:51 am
User Image Shi smiled and had to stop himself from sighing in relief when she accepted his company. She seemed like a nice mare. He delicately stepped in to the clearing, moving slowly and carefully so as not to disturb the bunnies or his new companion. When he was a short distance from her, close enough to be friendly but not so close as to intrude her space or make things uncomfortable, he laid down. He curled his tail around himself the tip swaying just slightly with uncontained joy at the sight of the little ones playing so merrily.

"Do you visit these friends often or was this a chance meeting?" He dropped his chin to the ground to be more on their level in the hopes of making himself more approachable so he could just maybe touch one. He chanced a quick glance at her in hopes his questions weren't make her uncomfortable. She seemed kind of shy and knowing how hard that was himself he didn't want to be an inconvenience.

WC: 171

Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 1:10 am
User Image She watched the stallion out of her peripheral vision at how precisely planned his movements were out of respect for the furry littles. “Ah …..” she gave a good pause to try an assemble something to tell him that didn’t sound too strange,”I needed a temporary change of scenery for my short holiday. These little ones were just along the way and happened to let me join their group.” Milli couldn’t decide if she liked her voice or not. She didn’t really need to use it that often so coming up with what to say was a bit difficult for her. But since she decided to let this stranger join she might as well give it a go.

“Why are you out in these parts?” She actually was quite curious since she hadn’t see. Anyone at all on the way.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:20 am
User Image Delighted by the fact that she seemed to be relaxing enough to speak a little more to him, Shi smiled happily as he responded.
"I'm glad that your holiday brought you to this neck of the woods and that you were able to find such delightful company." One of the bunnies had decided he was non-threatening enough to come inspect him and he held his breath momentarily as it touched noses with him. Once the moment was passed he continued on to answer her question.

"I live not far from here. I range these woods often but I normally don't get to spend time with the locals like this. Most of them avoid me because I . . um . . well, I collect their remains to create new beauty from life past. I guess that makes me scary." he finished lamely. He was worried about how she would react to that. Some didn't mind but others found him repulsive. And she seemed rather shy. But, his eyes flicked to her gleaming axe and hood. Maybe she would understand? Not just anyone carried around things like that.

WC: 183

Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:11 am
User Image She thought about his words and saw how it hurt him to be shunned so. Milli looked to her axe and hood noticing that he was looking as well. “I understand you. I am seen as an omen where I’m from so not many dare speak with me. Your past time does not seem so frightening to me. It actually seems quite beautiful to be able to bring new purpose to those lost. Not just……..” her eyes darkened at her tasks. “Ending it.”

A small bunny decided to do a huge jump between her hooves as to almost distract her from her gloom. She snapped out of it and continued watching the playful bunch. “Maybe, if I return you would be willing to show me what you do?” She didn’t even realize she was asking him until the words were said. She looked away embarrassed for being so forward. “Uh…. “ she quietly mumbled a sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 1:53 am
User Image As this new and surprising mare talked Shi's attention was pulled completely away from the fluffy babies that had finally braved an approach. He gaped at her wide eyed as she talked of seeing the same beauty in his work that he did. When she glanced at her axe he realized how hard he was staring at her and turned away blushing. The sadness in her voice when she talked about her own occupation brought his gaze back to her though.

He was so distracted with his empathy for her that he almost missed her question. When it registered to him that she had mentioned not only returning but spending time to see his home he felt a thrill of excitement.
"Oh, no, don't apologize, I would love to show you my work. Would you really return to spend time with me?" When he realized that he had let his excitement and hopefulness color his voice he blushed again and turned his attention back to the bunnies that were now crowding around them both.

WC:174

Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:58 am
User Image She felt the weight of her embarrassment lifted as he reassured her about her asking him about his craft. This stallion was interesting and kind. Maybe perhaps they could be friends? She didn’t know if that was possible for someone like her. Are connections possible with a harbinger of death?

She blinked a few times realizing she didn’t even know his name. “Oh uh….. I’m Millicent H.B. Baines.” Her tone was very professional but still partly unfeeling. She hoped he didn’t find the hb too curious, but also didn’t want to lead him wrongly by leaving it out.

She sighed realizing conversing was definitely not one of her strong suits. Milli distracted herself by putting her nose to the ground to allow the bunnies room for jumping over her head. Some were quite happy draping over her neck or running between locks of her mane.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:39 am
User ImageWhen Milli introduced herself she was filled with embarrassment that he hadn't thought to be polite enough to introduce himself right from from the start. However, rather than make it awkward by apologizing in the face of her manners he decided he may as well just introduce himself in return.
"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Millicent H.B. Baines. My name is Amai Shi. Most people just call me Shi." The last part he added a bit quieter. He wasn't sure how she would feel about being around someone quite literally called death. But then again, she seemed very kind and understanding.

After the pause of the moment he decided to get his courage up to make a request of her.
"Would you mind if I enjoyed today with you? That is if you don't have any plans for your holiday that I would be interrupting." He smiled at her kindly. He was beginning to see a bit of a kindred spirit in this mare. Aside from his normal initial shyness, she put him at ease. "May I call you Milli?" He wasn't sure why the words fell from his lips. But the cute name did seem to fit her. Despite her axe and hood he could tell that she had a kindness to her that most might miss, distracted by the tools of her apparent trade.

WC: 228

Ryghann

StrawberryRoseTea

Interstellar Vampire

9,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Ryghann

Romantic Krampus

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:07 am
User Image Milli was utterly relieved he didn’t notice her strange name, or minded too much. All of her tenseness left her muscles. Her eyes widened when he sounded interested in continuing to spend more time with her. “Ah, yes by all means Shi. You can spend any of my holiday with me as you wish.”

After hearing her name shortened to something small and cute she tilted her head, playing with the sound of it in her mind. She nodded after deciding and gave a small smile,”yes, I think you can call me that. Hmmmm…. Indeed it sounds nice.” She wasn’t used to be called much else so a new name might be interesting.

“What would you consider doing after we have bored these little ones?” She touched noses to three in a row which sent the little bunnies squealing and playing and zooming all around her.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff