Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:54 pm
User ImageWinter had finally relinquished its hold upon the lands, though snow still lingered in patchy, shaded spots as its last defiant gesture. The warming weather was signal enough for the large white bear to finally emerge from the den she'd claimed, her movements sluggish from the long months of inactivity. She yawned enormously, shaking herself all over and sending the many bells draped across her hide chiming out. The bells were meant to be a curse, placed upon her in order to warn potential prey of her arrival. Ticasuk instead saw it as a challenge. Let them know she was coming. It would prolong the hunt and make her victory that much sweeter.

The bear plodded slowly down the mountain trail, pausing once to quench her thirst at a nearby stream. She was hungry, but she was a patient hunter and an opportunity would present itself sooner or later. The path became less steep and treacherous as she continued her descent, leaving the mountains far behind until the next winter. Before long, she came across trees already beginning to bloom, their petals stretching up towards the sunlight as though to welcome the new season in. Ticasuk did not pause to admire them, continuing with her ambling pace that had her bells sing out with every step. A strange scent suddenly came her way, and the lumbering predator paused for a moment. She swung her head slowly, considering for a moment, then proceeded to follow after the scent trail.

It wasn't hard to smell another predator, after all. And it was always wise to drive them out of her territory before they could make a nuisance of themselves. Even if she hadn't decided where she would settle, there was no harm in investigating. It would undoubtedly prove to be an interesting diversion.

((WC: 301))

Inari Miko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hana-akari had found a grove of flowering trees and was resting in the branches of one in his feral form, using its blossoms as camouflage while he basked in the sun. He loved Spring. After such a long and cold winter, creatures were stirring with the onset of the warmer weather. Sluggish from hibernating, giddy with the scent of spring, romance everywhere... There were so many easy targets. Spring was indeed the best season, he thought. Such fun to be had! And oh... what was this..? His ears perked up at the jingle-jangle that was faint at first but growing steadily louder.
What sort of fun is coming my way..? He pondered with a lazy yawn and, peering through the petals, spied a giant white blob waddling through the trees, making a beeline for the tree he was lurking in. Huh... Someone has a nose and a brain. Don't see that too often. Only reason why something that large would be making right for him would be if it was a bear and it had picked up his scent. And judging by its actions, this was a Pure, not just a run-of-the-mill ursine pest.

(( Word Count: 194 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:47 pm
It wasn't long at all until the trail led her to a particularly large tree... and continued up and into the sturdy branches. She peered upward, going so far as to rise up on her hind legs in order to get a better look. A feline, certainly... but perhaps something much more than just an ordinary cat. Ticasuk rumbled low in her throat for a moment, letting her enormous claws sink into the tree trunk. The tree swayed a bit violently as she proceeded to rip away some of the bark, leaving long furrows. She kept an eye on him as she left her mark, eventually dropping back down with a thump.

She was too heavy to climb up after him, but she felt her point had been made. She saw no reason to speak just yet, staring almost placidly up at where he was perched. If he was only a cat, she would savage him between her teeth and fore paws until he was nothing more than a broken mess. If he was something more interesting, she might toy with him for a time. For now, she would wait. If he failed to stir her curiosity, she would deal with him as she did any other prey.

((WC: 209))

Inari Miko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:53 pm
Briefly alarmed when the bear got up on her hind legs, thinking she might be able to break the branch he was on, Hana-akari did what any cat would do out of reflex. He arched his back, fluffed up, and hissed his displeasure at the interloper. "Not my fault you're too pudgy to get up here, bear."
Oh how he wished she was a normal bear; he could practice on one of those! It was just his luck he'd get one with brains for his first encounter. His tail lashed about, expressing his annoyance as he glared down at the ursine offender. The tree was ruined as a spot to lurk in, thanks to the fresh gouges in its bark, announcing for all to see that a predator was in the area.

(( Word Count: 132 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:51 pm
Ah. In an instant, that smooth, pure white fur had fluffed itself up to make the cat look twice his size, and the venomous hiss directed her way earned a few huffs of rumbling bear laughter. "If I wanted to get to you, I'd have pushed the whole tree down." She replied. Whether or not she succeeded was another matter, but she imagined it would be alarming to have his perch swaying recklessly beneath him. His obvious displeasure seemed to amuse her greatly, and she paused to rub her side against the rough bark in order to scratch an itch. "These are my lands, little cat." She informed him, white tufts of fur now stuck to the more ragged edges of her claw marks. Though some walkers would band together for a time to wreck havoc upon the lands, Ticasuk saw little benefit. Even now, she was debating what the kitty might look like if she removed his pelt. It didn't matter much whether he was cursed or pure... Though she was intrigued by those who had not worn a pelt for all of their lives.

Would he fight her for the right to remain? It would make him far more interesting than one who slunk off like prey, avoiding squabbles in order to live another day. All things ended, even those on top of the food chain, and Ticasuk did not believe in backing down out of fear. She had run from the pair of angeni who attempted to charm her, she reminded herself, rumbling deep in her chest with hate at the thought. She'd fought hard and resisted, and the bells draped over her would forever be a testament of her will.

"Who are you?" The question was abrupt, as was her sudden, sharp-eyed look. "I haven't smelled you before." As a bear, she relied heavily upon her nose more than her eyes.

((WC: 316))

Inari Miko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:59 am
Ugh. There it was. Another thinking they owned the land. "I am a cat. I go wherever I please." His eyes, still narrowed, continued to glower at the bear as he hunkered down, contemplating his next move. Was he close enough to leap to a neighboring tree, should she somehow manage to budge the one he was in..? It was more fun to remain tauntingly out of reach.

"Besides, tubby, a lot can happen in the span of a season. While you were off having your beauty sleep, someone else could've taken "your lands" from you." The glare turned into a smirk. He stretched out along the branch he was on before padding along it, placing himself in a spot he believed would be ideal for evading any attacks the other walker might use in an attempt to dislodge him. "As to who I am... None of your business, you giant lumbering cloud." Those bells draped across her... He impulsively wanted one. Like, right now. His tail began to swish about as he fixated on them.

(( Word Count: 176 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 9:56 am
Hmm...Ticasuk watched as he stretched and settled himself comfortably upon his branch, a tempting, taunting target. The insults didn't even make her twitch, though she thoughtfully turned over his threat in her mind. It was more or less a declaration of war, and Ticasuk would remember it. Still, he seemed uninterested in speaking, and she was aware of the hunger gnawing at her belly. "We'll meet again, little cat." She said, taking another deep breath to commit his scent to memory. She would hunt him down one day, and if that meant cornering him in tree after tree after tree until the day he was unable to escape... well, she was a very patient hunter.

She pushed away from the tree, apparently ready to set off again now that her curiosity had been satiated.

((WC: 134))

Inari Miko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:18 am
"Perhaps..." Hana-akari replied with a purr, as he readied himself for launch. The branch he was on swayed a bit, and he took advantage of that to launch himself off, springing onto her back to snatch at one of her bells before vaulting into another tree nearby. His tail flicked like mad at the bold move.
Scrambling quickly up deeper into the tree with his trophy, he turned to see what the bear would do, or had done, in reaction to his brazen act. "Just so you know, I wouldn't claim this area. I am a cat. We go where we please, territories be damned." The stolen trophy lay under his paw, as speaking with it hanging from his mouth was a distraction. "As a token, I shall tell you my name, O She of the Bells. I am called Hana-akari. It's a shame you were born a bear." He sighed. He was having such fun with this cotton ball but she was a bear... If she was a feline like him, he'd have made some overtures to ensure his bloodline spread far and wide across the land.

(( Word Count: 188 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 10:39 am
The sudden weight on her back made the bear roar with surprise and anger, her powerful jaws snapping only inches away from that flicking tail. Her body was rigid, front paws spread apart to give her a more solid stance even as she watched the feline escape up into another tree with one of her sparkling bells. As he continued to speak, she grudgingly relaxed, wishing she'd been fast enough to snatch him.

"I will remember, Hana-akari. Watch your back." It was hard to say if Ticasuk was amused or not, but one thing was very certain. She would definitely remember this feline. With a snort, she continued on her way, ears focused in case he tried yet another bold move.

((WC: 122))

Inari Miko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:57 am
"It's not MY back that needs watching, Cloud-that-Chimes." Hana-akari laughed. "What name do you go by, so I can tell others where to go to have a fun time?" His eyes glinted impishly. He intended to stick around the area, or at least move a bit further away. Being near her was entertaining (for now) and he liked hiding in the trees here. Though, thanks to that marred tree, he might not have as much fun in the area as he'd like anymore. Maybe he should relocate. He'd certainly want to come back later, though... just to poke fun at the bear.
Yawning hugely, he picked up the twinkling chiming trophy and, without waiting for a reply, tread softly along the branches and jumped into a neighboring tree, seeking an above-ground route away from the other Walker. He'd already tempted fate once, he'd not taunt it again so soon.

(( Word Count: 149 ))  

Abe no Mizuki

Lonely Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2022 5:22 pm
Her ears twitched once at his question, and for a time, it seemed as though the bear would leave without answer. She had many names over the years, though did not often dwell on them. "Ticasuk." The reply eventually floated back to Hana-akari even as the bear shouldered her way further into the underbrush. She doubted he would find any real entertainment that he'd be willing to pass on, but it couldn't hurt.

((WC: 73. And a wrap!))

Inari Miko

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces