Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:54 pm
Daisicle
Sven was currently finishing up tidying his place - Alba was supposed to be coming over for a nice afternoon of good teas, sweet pastries, and even sweeter conversation... that Sven figured would center around her incoming nieces or nephews. Frankly, the entire concept of what her brother was doing was pretty icky to him. He expressed as much to her once, but she was having none of it. Fair enough. The thought of his family actually having children was also pretty gross and uncomfey.

Little did he know...

DaemonGabrielle
Yipes was on a mission. Ha ing introduced his Pineapple Man to his brother, he had even better introductions to do.

Stoping every so often to adjust, he finally made it to his brothers door.

A few quick knocks, and he waited patiently for his brother to answer, unlike last time. When sven wouldn't even open the door.

Yipes may have been crazy, but he was learning.

So there he stood, full glory, with a fabric wrap around his body and two babbins in tow. Waiting patiently and somewhat sanely for once.

Daisicle
Sven's ear twitched to the door as he heard some knocks, but he didn't actually turn towards it until several more moments had passed. That was weird - didn't Alba usually let herself in after knocking? Who in the world would be visiting him on his day off otherwise? It wasn't like he actually had -friends- who initiated conversation with him unexpectedly. That was mostly reserved to his family. But they.... Well, usually it was more obvious if it was them.

Weird.

As he set his cleaning rag in the sink (not before wiping his hands again first), he moved to the door and placed the chain on before opening it.

"...Yipes? What are you doing here?"

DaemonGabrielle
Yipes grinned at his brother. "I know that meeting Mrs. Pineapple wasn't everything you hoped for. And i apologize. And i thought about what could make Sven feel better."he paused for dramatic effect.

" So i brought you babies this time!" He held up the swaddled and sleepi ng bundles with pride. One could have possible been produced by him, as it was rainbow with dark stripes. The other could cause some questions tho. Dark black with white stripes, she even had the tip of a wing poking out.

"Aren't they adorable?" He asked, pride running thru him. Was he aware he looked like a psycho who had kidnapped babies? Nope. Not Yipes.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:55 pm
Daisicle
"That poor faun was a male hush - you should be apologizing to him before me." He immediately quipped back through the door's opening, his eyes glancing downwards to the bundle as Yipes presented them as they were - babies. He made -quite- the expression, indignation and confusion very plainly evident on his features.

Sven closed the door, and there was the sound of the chain unlocking before he reopened.

"Yipes, what in Earthmother's Graces are you doing with stolen children?! You go put them back in the Nursery this moment."

DaemonGabrielle
Yipes grinned as Sven opened the door and made to rush inside before his brother could change his mind.

"I most certainly will not. These were a gift! Party favors are non returnable!" He quipped right back. "I thought you would be happy! You have real neices and nephews now!"

Yipes looked around, gently rocking aforementioned 'stolen goods'. "Besides, i think the big pink blonde lady might get mad if i returned them. She doesn't seem to like kids." Yipes was, of course referencing Venus, but he didn't know her name. Only that she had blessed him with babbins.

"You don't wanna make that one angry, Sven. She can smite. I like my life without smote-ing." He giggled at this joke and flopped down in Sven's chair. Well, flopped as gently as one coul holdi ng a papoosed baby in each arm.

The rainbow babbin seemed to take offense to this, and Yipes began to rock him differently, while shushing. "It's ok, Sherby. Sven is just grumpy. He doesn't mean to be."

Daisicle
Sven gasped in abject horror as Yipes ran in, only for him to turn around and stomp over to him. Somehow, he'd missed closing the door behind him in the process. "Stolen children are certainly not gifts! Now you go return them to their mother.... Whoever this 'big pink blond lady' is."

Oh no no no no. Now Yipes was in his chair - Sven had -just- finished getting everything ready for Alba and he was RUINING IT and a KIDNAPPER and by Earthmother this was NOT. HAPPENING.

He ran his fingers on his temple and looked up as he swore under his breath - he could thank Mena for that colorful language - before looking back at Yipes. "I'm not grumpy I just CANNOT believe you'd stoop to kidnapping! I know the answer, but have you no shame?"

DaemonGabrielle
Yipes shrugged as his brother ranted. "The pink lady wasn't my partner, brother. It was a dead faun. Her ghostly beauty was...she was bones. And darkness. Ya know?" Yipes sighed happily and continued shushing the rainbow baby in his left arm.

He turned to his brother and gave him an incredulous look. Many things passed thru his addled brain, but he decided the path of least resistance was best.

"You're gonna wake the baby. Shush."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:56 pm
Menelie
Alborada, who was impeccably on time as always, was surprised to find Sven's alcove door already open when she arrived. This was highly unusual. She heard arguing inside and knocked twice on the doorframe before entering. "Sven?" She asked, peeking around.

Ah. Sven's brother was here. So good of him to drop in, doubtlessly unannounced, and ruin their afternoon. Alba went to Sven's side--she wasn't the most emotionally observant of faun, but even she could see how stressed out he was. "Hello, darling," she greeted him, with their customary kiss on the cheek. "I see your brother has stopped by for a visit?"

She noticed Yipes had two slings at his sides that appeared laden with something. She wondered what it was, but, knowing Yipes, dared not ask.

Daisicle
"THAT'S EVEN WORSE!" Sven's voice was clearly raised by this point. His brother has stolen children from a dead faun?! He was practically short-circuiting by this point as he just stared and failed to form cohesive words.

He didn't even notice Alba walk in until she was by his side, and he jumped slightly when he did before relaxing with a small, "You surprised me." He returned the kiss before gesturing to said brother.

"Yes, yes he has. With two stolen children no less."

DaemonGabrielle
Yipes stared at Sven, a little disheartened by his brother's lack of trust. Who wouldn't trust him? He was an exemplary model of trust and communication.

Unfortunately, now Yipes was yelling back at his distrsutful brother. "I told you I DIDN'T STEAL THEM!" He paused to coddle the rainbow baby, since the darker one was sleeping like a log.

Turning back toward Sven, he hissed "I went to a big party. I felt a....LOT of emotions. And i met a faun with her skeleton on her outsides. And the big blonde lady with WHITE WINGS AND A LOTTA LOVE, gave me my babys on the way out!!!"

He stopped and finally acknowledged his brothers new friend. Completely different tone and facial expressions, he smiled at Alba and offered a hoof since his hands were full.

"Hello darling. It's absolutely wonderful to meet you. I'm Yipes and this is Sherbert Sunrise and Akuji Aya!" He introduced himself and his children with grace.

Then he turned back to Sven and snarled "There were a lot of people at this party. And i wasn't the only faun there! And the pink blonde lady said it was a day of love but i gotta say, I'M NOT FEELING THE LOVE." Yipes slumped in his chair and started to sniffle.

Menelie
Alba practically got whiplash from Yipes' abrupt change in demeanor. It was all quite unsettling. Unfortunately Alba wasn't the greatest at de-escalating emotional situations. "Babies?" she inquired, tipping her head to the side. "Party?" She looked back and forth between the two of them. She wondered if it was the same type of party Rhoea had snuck off to and brought back his girlfriend. She tapped her chin thoughtfully. "I'm Alba," she responded to him somewhat absently, still putting the pieces together.

Sven said he stole the babies, and she was inclined to trust him, but on the other hand....the wakeful tot did look quite a lot like Yipes. She leaned into Sven and murmured a question: "D'you think it's possible they're actually his? I mean...the markings on the one he's holding...."

The urge to scoop up the baby was getting stronger, but Alba remained in control. For now.

Daisicle
Sven ABSOLUTELY did NOT trust Yipes. Not even remotely.

"No, not at all. Even if one looks similar to him, - children aren't just handed out as party favors, and there's no way anyfaun would touch -that- ...." He at least had the decency to keep his tone down as he mumbled over to Alba, his discomfort with and stress stemming from all of -this- becoming increasingly evident from his body language.

"Those names aren't even remotely similar." What a comeback.

DaemonGabrielle
Yipes shook his head. Of course his brother would never believe him. Turning to Alba, he held out the bundles and asked if she wanted to hold one.

"The one you are referring to is Sherbert. He's a total sweet heart. But Akuji can see your soul. So it's really a toss up." He smiled encouragingly at Alba and continued to ignore his spiraling brother. Except to say "Your name and mine aren't even remotely similar. It's like saying shoes don't match, man."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:57 pm
Menelie
"Good point," she agreed with Sven privately. "What should we do? He can't just keep them..."

Alba hesitated for just a moment, before glancing at Sven and then happily taking the rainbow infant. "Hieeee," she said to him, her voice raising several octaves. She booped his nose gently and continued to coo and make baby noises at him. "I love babies," she said apologetically to Sven. She giggled and murmured to him, "I'm tempted to keep this one."

Daisicle
Oh no, not the baby. Yipes do anything but give Alba a baby! He looked back at her and tried to silently signal her a 'no,' but it was too little, too late.

Alba had a baby now.

"No, you can't keep it?! Just cause it was already stolen doesn't mean you can steal it again." He pinched his nose as he tried to bring all of... Whatever he was feeling back under control. Why was it that everywhere Yipes went, chaos followed?

DaemonGabrielle
Yipes shook his head, disagreeing with Sven. "No. No. She has a point. "

Yipes drew his dark baby faun in closer and booped her nose. "The dead faun had more babies. She lives in the tree. We could go steal the others?" He asked Alba, suddenly invigorated when Akuji opened her eyes. Her eyes were filled with what looked like static and white space.

Turning her cold, lifeless, blank stare toward Sven and Alba, Yipes grinned. "Or you could always have one of your own!! Aren't they cute?!"

Menelie
Alba was happy to ignore Sven's exasperation in favor of the baby, who she was bouncing in her arms while rocking back and forth on her hooves. She'd put the infant's head up on her shoulder, sort of tucked into her neck. "Are you sure?" she asked Sven. Then she elbowed him gently. "I'm only teasing."

She stopped rocking, however, when Yipes spoke again. That suggestion....nope, that was a bridge too far. She had been joking. But Sven's brother was insane, so it was anyfaun's guess what he'd actually meant. Reluctantly, she held the little rainbow guy back out for him to take. "I think you should take them back, actually. To their mother." They were so little yet, they should be nursing, but for some reason actually saying that to him seemed like a bad idea.

Daisicle
"Yes I'm sure..." Sven weakly replied, wondering if Yipes was infecting her with stupid ideas only for her to let him in on the joke. That wasn't funny.

Neither was Yipes' follow-up.

Sven looked deeply troubled by the suggestion as he frowned, and he replied as such. "That's... No, that's not something you joke about." He glanced as Alba went to return the baby, a certain sort of weird tension starting to fill the room. "I think you should go."

DaemonGabrielle
Completely oblivious to the vibes the room had taken on, Yipes shushed the baby one last time before agreeing with his brother. "Ok!" He stood and attempted to get the other baby back from Alba. "It was truly lovely to meet you, my dear. You really should come to the family dinner more often." His smile for Alba was genuine. It was nice to see his brother getting cozy with someone else.

Turning towards Sven, he winked at him before taki ng on a more serious tone. "And you . You should propose. This much alone time with a fauness is absolutely indecent, young man. Make an honest momma out of her."

Then just as fast as he showed up, he waltzed right back out. Singing a lullaby to the babbins that was somehow about slime and porcupines and something called a toaster.

Nothing ever really changes.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas