Welcome to Gaia! ::

Our Village

Back to Guilds

Come home to where Community Spirit grows! 

Tags: games, community, resources, role play, prizes 

Reply Village Commons
Songs that bring on memories

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:40 pm
Tell us a certain song you heard and what memory it brought back.

Like right now I am listening to Europe's The final countdown and it reminds me of being in my dad's truck and waiting for him to purchase propane for the barbecue when this song came on for the first time that I heard it. It is a cat jam, I'd say.

Livin on a prayer by Bon Jovi reminds me of being in the communications technology room in high school working on art and hearing this song.

Now its Thunderstruck by AC DC and Disney/Pixar could not have picked a better spot to put this song in their Planes Fire and Rescue movie because that's what I see in my mind when I hear this song.

In the end by Linkin Park had a wonderful DBZ Youtube video that I wish was an amv during the actual show.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:35 pm
goodbye is a second chance  

White Mage Rose

Feral Kitten

9,975 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Waffles! 25

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:46 am
Mortal Kombat theme song reminds me of spending countless hours in my parents' unfinished basement and doing homework while listening to this song. There used to be a CD with the Mortal Kombat soundtrack on it, but I have not seen it in a while.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:52 am
cant remember the artest but the song its gettin hot in here so take off all your clothes. i dont like the song. but i was a kid and my mothers boss tool us on a trip to the watter part it was over 100 and i was melting inthe car with the cooling on. that song played over 10 times that day. it was the only watter park i have ever been to. but any time i hear it i wanna go play in the watter  

PyroSaphuron

Friendly Bloodsucker

11,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:41 am
PyroSaphuron
cant remember the artest but the song its gettin hot in here so take off all your clothes. i dont like the song. but i was a kid and my mothers boss tool us on a trip to the watter part it was over 100 and i was melting inthe car with the cooling on. that song played over 10 times that day. it was the only watter park i have ever been to. but any time i hear it i wanna go play in the watter

Water parks can be nice, but depending on what type will depend on how nice they are. For me personally, I love a good soak in a pool. Splash parks are good for cleaning the butt hole.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 2:31 pm
Depending on whichever Animal Crossing soundtrack I listen to, it will take me back to whatever afternoon hours spent with my siblings playing the game.

Gamecube was us watching each other clearing the map and earn their gold from fishing, waiting for our turn to play so we can decorate our house/rooms a certain way. We still laugh over the 1st encounter of bees. Who would've thought that a fun little colorful game would have something like a bee chasing/attacking us, especially for dropping their hives.

Nintendo 3DS, we would mostly do our own thing, trying to see how much we upgraded Nooks shop and try to "collect them all" (buying furnitures and donating to Museum). The golden fruit and island fruits was a big deal at the time since we also play Harvest Moon, so a complete Orchard is a must. Honestly, most of the memories are spent on the Halloween event (likely tied to our experiences with trading candies irl).

Not much memories for New Horizons though, since we're adults with limited time to play. We also each have our own systems/game, and all we did was trade fruits. The soundtracks doesn't click like the previous 2 games.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2022 7:28 pm
Yen Quest
Depending on whichever Animal Crossing soundtrack I listen to, it will take me back to whatever afternoon hours spent with my siblings playing the game.

Gamecube was us watching each other clearing the map and earn their gold from fishing, waiting for our turn to play so we can decorate our house/rooms a certain way. We still laugh over the 1st encounter of bees. Who would've thought that a fun little colorful game would have something like a bee chasing/attacking us, especially for dropping their hives.

Nintendo 3DS, we would mostly do our own thing, trying to see how much we upgraded Nooks shop and try to "collect them all" (buying furnitures and donating to Museum). The golden fruit and island fruits was a big deal at the time since we also play Harvest Moon, so a complete Orchard is a must. Honestly, most of the memories are spent on the Halloween event (likely tied to our experiences with trading candies irl).

Not much memories for New Horizons though, since we're adults with limited time to play. We also each have our own systems/game, and all we did was trade fruits. The soundtracks doesn't click like the previous 2 games.

I loved the Animal crossing games too. And agreed that the music in the New Horizons was not as much of a catJam as the other games.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:08 pm
empress dee
I loved the Animal crossing games too. And agreed that the music in the New Horizons was not as much of a catJam as the other games.
I think it has to do with the fact that it's heavy on the "Island Getaway" theme. My vacation of choice is either in France or Japan, not so much for subtropics though, so that's why I can't relate as much as I would with previous game's Home-Country/City-Life.

I have a bad habit of not looking at song titles as a kid. Not sure why, but maybe it's because I'm too young to care at the time. There's this one song I would skip across the living room (as if dancing, but not really dancing) while listening to the lyrics. It was something like "I am a big big girl in a big big world". Mind you, I really related to that one because I am dang short (classmates were much taller than me), and I do consider the world a huge place (after knowing the existence of China and Africa). I've walked no further than my school/neighborhood as a kid, and my earliest memories were the moving from one state to another.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:20 pm
Yen Quest
empress dee
I think it has to do with the fact that it's heavy on the "Island Getaway" theme. My vacation of choice is either in France or Japan, not so much for subtropics though, so that's why I can't relate as much as I would with previous game's Home-Country/City-Life.

I have a bad habit of not looking at song titles as a kid. Not sure why, but maybe it's because I'm too young to care at the time. There's this one song I would skip across the living room (as if dancing, but not really dancing) while listening to the lyrics. It was something like "I am a big big girl in a big big world". Mind you, I really related to that one because I am dang short (classmates were much taller than me), and I do consider the world a huge place (after knowing the existence of China and Africa). I've walked no further than my school/neighborhood as a kid, and my earliest memories were the moving from one state to another.

I often listen to either video game songs or movie soundtracks that were based on games. Such as Mortal Kombat or Transformers.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:28 pm
empress dee
I often listen to either video game songs or movie soundtracks that were based on games. Such as Mortal Kombat or Transformers.
Same here. My childhood is based on what games I play. I often find myself returning to Final Fantasy (upbeat motivator) and Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing (Casual/Chill). Movie wise... I can't say much. I do listen to a lot of Asian love song classics though, and it's probably because I consider them as my lullaby as a kid. Haven't heard those songs for a while, so I may revisit them sometime soon.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 4:42 pm
Yen Quest
empress dee
Same here. My childhood is based on what games I play. I often find myself returning to Final Fantasy (upbeat motivator) and Harvest Moon/Animal Crossing (Casual/Chill). Movie wise... I can't say much. I do listen to a lot of Asian love song classics though, and it's probably because I consider them as my lullaby as a kid. Haven't heard those songs for a while, so I may revisit them sometime soon.

One song that often gets into my head lately off of the playlist I have been listening to is called "Push it to the limit". It reminds me a lot of a place in the world of warcraft called Razor's Edge, Outland and specifically on the boarder of that and Zangarmarsh. If you had ever played the world of warcraft, the singer of Push it to the limit literally describes how you would feel flying over those spikes in Razor edge looking down into Zangarmarsh... he warns you don't do it and for good reason. Its a long drop if you should fall off the mount or if you have vertigo...that can be really bad.  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2023 8:25 am
Funny how I would still go back to "Animal Crossing" and "Harvest Moon" (now going by "Story of Season" title series) OSTs for the nostalgia.

If I would pick another one that randomly pops up into my head, it would be Final Fantasy 4-6 and the Mana series "Trials of Mana" and "Legend of Mana." My eldest brother would try to pirate the fanmade translated version of the games into CDs/computer (except for Legend of Mana, bought the CD game for Playstation though) just so we can enjoy the challenge, story, music, etc behind JRPGs that were limited in the western games.

Oh, there's also Gaia's zOMG soundtracks which I bought personally when the game was still active. Those sure were the days.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:03 am
Listened to some Pentatonix recently. I really enjoy their "Hallelujah" and the 90's remix. Brings back memories of my childhood, where I was going to Sunday school (Mass had wonderful chorus singers), and listening to the suppose "biggest hits of year" on CD players afterschool.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:35 pm
Heard the song defying gravity, I dunno who its by, but it reminds me of Dragon Ball Z.  

empress dee

Skilled Guildswoman

Village Commons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces