Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:56 pm
Dai
The Tree was exponentially becoming a chaotic and stressful sort of place for Sven in recent weeks. Between his brother just... appearing one day with Sven's two new nieces, to Alba helping welcome her four new nieces and nephews, to everything both these things entailed... It was a lot to take in. Frankly, Sven was already 'babied-out,' and he knew it was just the beginning. Each day he dreaded the idea of one of them just being left at his doorstep for him to help care for, or the thought that Yipes would go steal another or two to entertain Alba. Oh Earthmother that would be bad.

This current outing - a small, quiet picnic among the newly-blooming apple trees, only himself and Alba within sight and sound - was something he'd actually initiated. A rarity, to be sure. He'd packed a simple assortment of sandwiches and fruity sweets, along with an aged cider to pair with them. The weather was warm, but when the wind occasionally picked up, it had -just- enough of a bite to remind them that winter really wasn't all that long ago.

Mene
After they had finished eating, Alba had settled on the blanket, lying on her back and using Sven's thigh as a pillow, hooves on the ground and knees up. She had taken one of his hands in hers, lacing their fingers together. She could see the apple blossoms and Sven's face, and it was a perfect moment. She sighed happily. "This is lovely," she said. "You're lovely."

She closed her eyes for a moment, perfectly content. Her heart fluttered, as it always did when her beloved was around. Still, there was something she couldn't get off her mind.

"Sven....have you ever thought about starting a family?" She asked, opening her eyes again and watching his face. "Not like, right now or anything," she clarified, squeezing his hand. "But do you think you'd like children someday?"

Dai
With his free hand, Sven ran his fingers through Alba's hair as he joined her in looking up at the blossoming trees. It was always so soft, and he loved the way the loose curls fell along her skin.

He glanced down with a "Hmm..." As she started talking, and there was a distinct flash of panic in his expression as she mentioned starting a family. It quickly relaxed as she clarified the timeframe, but his pulse remained elevated. He glanced away, unable to make eye contact for the moment. "I... Maybe... There's just so many..." Too many right now actually.

Mene
Alba blushed. Maybe she shouldn't have brought it up. Sven was so easily overwhelmed, and there was so much going on. Still, her mind wouldn't rest.

Softly, tentatively, she clarified: "Do you think you, maybe, someday, might want a family....with me?" She knew Sven wasn't good with hints but she did hope he picked up on the difference between this question and the last. "Y-you don't have to answer right now," she added, somewhat haltingly. She was almost certain she knew what his response would be, but she couldn't help but be a bit nervous. She put her free hand on top of their clasped ones and ran her fingers over his knuckles affectionately.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:57 pm
Dai
"Maybe someday...." He paused, still looking at the trees instead of at her. "...just not now. Not soon... but... someday." He let the silence hang a bit before nodding to nobody in particular and repeating himself. "Not now, but someday." He glanced back down at her, expression fairly neutral, and nodded in affirmation.

Mene
Alba practically glowed. She lifted his hand to her lips and kissed it. "That's just what I wanted to hear," she said, breaking into a broad smile. She squeezed his hand.

"Love you," she said softly, looking up at him adoringly. Then, sensing that he was still uncomfortable, she sat up and took both his hands. "Hey," she said gently. "You know I love babies, but I'm not actually ready for kids of my own yet either." She scooched closer, so their knees were touching. "There's a lot more of this I want to do first." She gestured around them.

"But it makes my heart so happy to hear you say that we might start a family someday." She touched her forehead to his and took a deep breath. "I just...love you so much," she said, giggling nervously. "I want to be together forever."

Dai
Sven smiled lightly as Alba beamed - how he loved that smile and how contagious it was. She could practically light up a room with it. He tilted his head for a moment as she moved from his oh-so-comfy lap pillow, and then practically scoffed at her comment. "That's honestly surprising. They're all you talk about these days, and I don't mean that as a hyperbole. It's either your brother's babies or my brother's babies... or some other faun's babies..." He trailed off, but she bought him back with her touch.

"I love you too - I wish we could stay here, in -this- moment, forever."

Mene
Alba blushed a little. There was a time when she would've gotten defensive at this comment, but being with Sven had sort of forced her to think outside her own feelings. He was right. She had been absolutely obsessed. "I'm sorry," she said, touching his cheek. "I definitely got so excited that I've gotten carried away." She smiled a little and sat beside him, putting her head on his shoulder. She was feeling very affectionate today, she noticed.

"I will...I am...finding a balance between being happy with what we have now, and excited for what's to come." She dropped a little kiss on his shoulder.

After a moment, she added, "Did we eat all those berry things or are there any left?"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces