Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:17 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Menelie
It had taken a lot for Dulce to move out of the place she'd shared with her mother for so many seasons. Striking out on her own wasn't exactly in Dulce's skill set, although, she'd realized as she'd had to learn a lot of things on her own, nothing in particular was in her skill set. She'd been coddled her entire life, and she'd had to learn some hard lessons to win any kind of independence and happiness.

For example, it turned out that her mother had vastly overexaggerated Dulce's importance in the world, which had made for a very rude awakening when she'd introduced herself to....anyone, really. She'd been lucky that the people in charge at her new village, Breeheart, had been kind and helpful, and had helped her find a place and settle in.

And settle in she had! Dulce had created a small home with a shopfront (a format it turned out many of the residents had) and had started a business for herself. She'd never met her father, but her mother had said he had some sort of baking business. So Dulce figured it must be in her blood. Breeheart already had the market cornered, so to speak, on cakes and pastries and other goodies, and so Dulce took the only thing she actually knew how to bake, which was bread, and made it cute, sweet, and fancy. Much like herself.

Dulce made pillowy-soft milk bread, which was delicious on its own, and turned it into delicious golden sweet breakfast toast, topped with fruit and cream arranged so as to look like animals or flowers. This, of course, meant she went through a lot of eggs, milk, and fruits. Since she'd opened her shop she'd been getting these things from the market, but she thought she could perhaps get a better deal by purchasing directly from the farmers. So she'd asked around, and today she was headed to the home of a sprite named Sindri, who she'd heard could sell her eggs. She knocked twice on the door just before midday.

Daisicle
Sindri was being a bit of a lazy ******** on this day of spring. The chickens were fat and happy, he'd managed to yeet an unexpected intruder by increasing the nearby population of problem children (though she -had- handled her watch duty well, he supposed), and he'd somehow endured what must have been the most awkward experience of his life - meeting his younger sisters for the first time. For once in his life, he'd been truly grateful that he and his brother were, well, brothers. Girls - teenaged ones in particular - were just so much to handle... Though that hadn't stopped the pang of jealousy from hearing his brother was currently swimming steady with someone.

Between that and the extended travel time necessary to move between home and Sunrise Terrace, he was a bit tired. Exhausted really. He spread his arms on the back of the couch, feet sprawled out in front of him, as he leaned back and looked at the ceiling.

Oh... right... He hadn't eaten yet today... Should probably do that soon... But that also kind of required getting up? Maybe he could just doze off and make it an afternoon meal for... oh, he didn't have ingredients on hand anyways. Yeah. He'd have to go buy some... Later... He yawned, content with his choice.

It seemed the Spirits had other plans for him today though.

Two sharp knocks on the door cut into his dozing, and he looked over to the entrance with just a turn of his head. How strange - he wasn't expecting anyone. Was it the bir-- harpy brats? Maybe if he ignored them they'd just go away...

Menelie
Dulce frowned. Perhaps he wasn't home? She knocked again, slightly louder this time, and called, "Hello?" She was certain she had the right house. She could see the birds in the yard and their little house structure.

Daisicle
Geh... They weren't going away. Still, he didn't recognize that voice. Sindri sighed to himself before yelling, "One moment," at the door and getting his lazy a** up and over there. He rubbed the edges of his eyes to make sure he didn't have any gunk there before opening the door - oh, did he know this pae? "Can I help you?"

Menelie
"Good morning!" said Dulce brightly. "I--" She prepared to launch into the "speech" she'd prepared but his appearance caught her off-guard. When she'd heard he was a Sprite she'd gotten a certain....fishy mental image, but he was much more Fae than she'd envisioned. Dulce cleared her throat and wiped her hands on her thighs, as if smoothing an imaginary skirt, to calm herself and reset. "I presume I'm speaking with Sindri the egg seller? My name is Dulce and I've come with a business proposition if you are interested in hearing it." Pausing for only a moment--not particularly long enough for him to agree or disagree with that statement--she continued.

"I have a business selling sweet breakfast toast, and I require large quantities of eggs. I'd like to negotiate purchasing them directly from you, rather than paying market prices." She folded her hands in front of her as she, finally, stopped speaking long enough for him to respond.

Daisicle
Sindri blinked slowly as, following a brief pause that allowed him to give a small "Good morning?" back, the fae quickly cut to the chase. He tried a few time to cut in to answer her questions, but goodness... There was no stopping her torrent of words! Even what seemed to be a natural pause for him to respond was a feint - he'd barely'd a, "One sec--" before being cut off as she finished. Seemed she didn't actually care if he was interested in hearing it, he was going to regardless. Was this just how females normally were? Kore had allowed a lot more back-and-forth when they'd spoken. Yes... He could remember it like it was yesterday... How was she these days, anyways? He hadn't seen her since he'd still lived in the Spring (not that he'd dream of thinking a goddess like her would pay him any mind under normal circumstances).

Oh, had the fae finished speaking? He ran a hand through his hair before flicking a lock behind an ear.

"So... Let me get this straight. You bake in the village," surprise of the century right there, "And you'd like to buy eggs from me as a reoccurring thing, rather than just buying them in the market. Yeah? I got that right?"

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:19 am
Menelie
Dulce blinked twice. "Yes," she affirmed. "That's what I just said." Was he slow? Did the little frills on his ears make it hard for him to hear? Or perhaps he hadn't been listening, which would just be rude. Dulce herself was still learning some of the finer points of social graces (not that she'd ever admit she was anything except perfect) but even she knew you were supposed to listen when someone was speaking to you.

While she waited for a response she did indulge herself in admiring certain attributes of his. His hair was truly impressive. If one couldn't be useful, one could always be pretty, she supposed.

Daisicle
Sindri nodded. "Okay, just wanted to make sure I got all that - despite asking questions, you didn't exactly leave any time for me to cut in." Really though, were most women this chatty? Good gracious. "So, what exactly's your proposition - like, the details. For example... How many eggs are you looking to get; how much are they usually charging you; how did you want to work this out?" He crossed his arms and shrugged. "And so forth."

He paused for a moment before a certain realization seemed to dawn on his face - wasn't he being kind of rude, having her stand out here? Even if she had shown up out of nowhere? "Sorry, did you want to come in to talk about this? I have a table inside."

Menelie
Dulce had a brief flash of oops but it didn't show on her face. She had rehearsed this whole thing as a speech but hadn't actually thought it through with response times. Oh well, nothing for it now.

"Hm? Oh, yes, please." She did feel a bit silly standing in his doorway. She stepped inside when prompted and followed him to the table, mentally re-checking her math. Once they were seated, she continued.

"I use about two dozen eggs a week, and at market I pay [lol amount] each dozen." She crossed her legs at the knee, one over the other. "My proposition would be to purchase them from you weekly at [price y], with a commitment of two seasons to begin. If the arrangement goes well then we can reassess down the road." After a pause, she added. "You'd also be welcome to stop by for toast from time to time." She hoped it was a friendly gesture.

Daisicle
Sindri moved out of the way to let her pass, then closed the door behind him. "One sec..." Since he'd been being lazy, it was a bit darker in there, what with the drapes still covering the window and s**t. He moved them out of the way to brighten the place up, then cracked a couple of windows open to get some fresh air in. Much better.

He moved and got some citrus-infused water and poured it into two cups before setting a plate of cookies on the table, in case she should want any. He took a drink as they settled in, then set his forearms on the table to listen.

"Ah, I didn't realize they were going for that these days. Must be the sheer volume of bakeries here, and visitors. Apparently eggs aren't super common in other villages." He nodded. "How about [price z] for that amount, no commitment? Their laying doesn't seem to really follow seasons in the normal sense, so that bit seems extra."

Menelie
Dulce tapped her chin thoughtfully. She wasn't sure really how to negotiate, Mother never taught her, but [price z] seemed fair, but she wanted him to think this was a careful decision, not one undertaken casually. "That sounds fair," she agreed after a moment with a nod. She offered a hand for a handshake, as she'd seen others do before when making a deal.

Daisicle
Sindri honestly kind of zoned out as she thought it over, not really caring one way or the other on if she accepted the price. It was all the same to him. That said, he offered a smile and reached over to return her handshake. "Good to hear it." He paused - now what. "Was... that all?"

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 9:20 am
Menelie
"Oh!" said Dulce, standing. "I suppose so, yes. Thank you." She was very pleased with this arrangement. "Well, I guess, no." She sat again. "Will you deliver the eggs or shall I pick them up?" she inquired. "And on what day?"

Daisicle
"Hmmmm..." He hadn't thought about that. "That's tricky... Bakeries usually start early, right? The merchant usually comes sometime after sunrise, when the sun is near the middle of the treeline. Do you... have any way to come around then?" It'd be a bit of a hassle to take them directly to her when he wasn't going to town otherwise, and wouldn't that be showing favoritism? Especially since he was selling them to her under the normal rate. Probably not a good idea - other pae might get the wrong idea.

Menelie
"I can do that," said Dulce, nodding. If she got everything ready ahead of time it wouldn't be too big a hassle. "Or I could come later in the day, after I've closed up shop." She could come while her bread was proving.

Daisicle
"Either works - just pop by and we'll go from there." And that was that. Sindri stood up and waited for her to do the same before walking over to open the door.

"Well, I'll be seeing you later."

Menelie
"Right, yes," said Dulce, standing abruptly and following him to the door. "Be seeing you," she agreed. "I hope you'll drop by sometime for some toast..." She attempted a friendly smile.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games