Submit

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:26 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wolf
Auric stood outside of Kyrie's apartment door. It was his day off and showing up without a basket of peak produce felt strange to the male, he had to find something else to bring. He had realized that he didn't know if he could call her his girlfriend and Auric wanted to show Kyrie how serious he was. So he was going to show her how serious he was by playing a game of riddles. It made perfect sense. Mostly because he hoped she would find it romantic and it seemed like she was into that kind of thing.

Auric had personally assembled a bouquet of flowers that were not nearly as pretty as Kyrie and attached a note to the bouquet. "Let's go to the place that serves the best brew, but drink quick, because there you will find the next clue." The male knocked on her door, his wings noticeably less tucked in then they had been the first time they had ever met.

Mene
Kyrie answered the door and visibly brightened when she saw him. "Hi," she said. He made her heart skip every time she saw him. The flowers came as a surprise and she blushed. "Aw, are those for me?" She asked, reaching for them.

Reading the tag, she gasped and looked up at him. "Auric!!" She practically squealed. She blushed pink from her ears to her neck. This was the most romantic thing....ever!

Wolf
Auric smiled warmly. Her greeting made him feel seen by her in the best possible way. "Hi to you too," he greeted, moving the flowers closer to her in response. Auric's warm smile turned into a big cheesy grin when she found the note in the flowers. He took her squeal to mean that she liked the game.

"I hope you don't have any other plans today. I'm not going to give you any extra clues." His lips closed together, mischievous.

Mene
Kyrie bit her bottom lip to keep from bubbling over. She made a high-pitched little noise and shifted her weight from hoof to hoof in almost a dance. "Ooh, I can't wait!" she exclaimed. She stepped into him and gave him a little kiss. "Hang on, let me get my bag!"

Kyrie zipped back into her alcove, put the flowers into a cup with some water, then took the tag off so she could take it with her. She grabbed her bag from where it hung and slung it over her shoulder, putting the tag with the clue into it.

"Okay, ready," she said, closing the door after her and taking Auric's hand. "I assume we're going to Mojo's," she said.

Wolf
As Auric waited on the female to get her bag, the warmth from the quick kiss spread over him. He could get used to that. He mentally went back over the plan for the day, and before he knew it she was back.

Auric tried to hide the smile when she successfully decoded the first clue, but he wasn't as good at that. "I guess we will have to see if you're right." He said somewhat coyly. Auric watched for her reaction though, he didn't want to drive her too crazy, and of course he would help if she really couldn't figure out what to do. "If Mojo's is your guess, let's try it out." Auric responded, swinging her hand and walking along side her towards Mojo's.

Mene
Kyrie laughed and elbowed him gently at the tease, then squeezed his hand. They'd been on a few little picnic dates together to various places around the Tree. She was always amazed at how Auric could find some little private, quiet nook for them. And she was amazed at how comfortable she felt around him. She really felt like she could be herself, daydreams and all.

They arrived at Mojo's during a lull. There weren't many other patrons. "Should we get a table, or..?" She wasn't exactly sure what to do now that they were there. She cast her glance around for anything resembling a clue.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:28 am
Wolf
Auric watched her as she looked around trying to figure out what came next. Alright, maybe he would help her a little bit, just to show her how the game worked. "Well the clue does say to drink quick..." He hinted.

Auric grabbed them a table, a waitress was quickly attentive to them, in part due to the lull, but also because Auric had already filled her in on what he was doing. Of course, she thought it was adorable and was happy to help.

It was still early enough in the day that Auric wasn't ready for a fermented brew, but he did order himself an apple cider. "Whatever you'd like to get," he said with a smile.

When her cup came out there would be a new note attached: 'The moon and stars don't shine as bright as you, but shine they do on this field of blue (berries)'

Mene
"Oh!" exclaimed Kyrie, the hint clicking suddenly. She'd be much more attentive in the future. She sat down across from him and ordered a pear cider.

When it arrived with a note attached her eyes got as big as saucers. Her shy Auric had gotten the waitress in on the game?! She could hardly believe it. Breathlessly she thanked the server and drank her cider. Quickly, as the note had said, but not so fast as to get a stomachache. That would've put a damper on their day.

When they were finished, Kyrie tapped her chin thoughtfully. "Blueberries grow out in the fields, but also up in the Branches." She shook her head. "But it's too cool yet for the ones in the fields to be fruiting." Plus Auric worked up in the Branches. "Up we go!" she exclaimed, then tugged on Auric's hand as she made for the stairs.

Wolf
Auric drank his apple cider a little bit slower. Perhaps he shouldn't have put the word quickly in his clue because he still wanted to sit and enjoy his time with her. Just like that she was ready to go again, he was genuinely glad she was enjoying the game. Auric loved watching her think out loud, smiling as she tried to decode the clue. It seemed like it was just the right amount of challenging, he hoped he did that good with the rest of the clues.

He thanked the waitress as Kyrie tugged him along the long, long walk to the top of the tree. Auric had already done this walk earlier when he hid the clues, "I don't think I realized how much excercise I would be getting when I thought this up," he chuckled. He was used to being more dormant on his days off.

Mene
Kyrie actually hadn't ever been all the way up here before. She started to get out of breath climbing the stairs. She certainly did not get that much exercise on a daily basis. "I'd better be right about this," she groaned. "If I've got to walk all the way out to the field after this I might just die."

Once they got to the top she leaned her hands on her thighs to rest for a minute. "Flippin' fungi....Auric, how do you do this every day?" She gained a new appreciation for him and his work, for sure. He must be so strong....she allowed herself a moment's daydream, of him carrying her back down the stairs.

After she'd had a minute, she regained her composure and set about to look for blueberry bushes. "Ah!" she exclaimed, as she spied one with a little tag on it. She scooted over to it and carefully removed the tag so as not to damage the plant.

Wolf
Auric winced, realizing how much she was struggling to get to the treetop. It made sense since she worked in the archives. He was used to doing hard labor after his climb and then having to climb back down at the end of the day. "Alright, alright, I promise I wouldn't let you go all the way up here if you were wrong." He assured her.

He had never realized how used to his work that he was until she pointed it out. Auric suddenly felt a little guilty for how much of a wild goose chase his little game was. He was definitely going to encourage her to take breaks more so that she didn't wear out.

The next note read: 'The fruit here isn't as sweet as your kiss, return to the moment we first touched lips.'

Auric blushed as she read this one, but he wasn't about to let her run all the way down to the bottom of the tree after dragging her up here. "Here, sit down for a moment." Auric encouraged her with a smile, plucking a few ripe blueberries off of the nearby bush so that he could pop them into her mouth in a moment. "I'm sure I'll never get you to come up here with me again, so this might be your only chance to see this view." Auric waved his empty hand at the close views of all the produce crops and the distant views of Telrunya.

Mene
Kyrie, too, blushed when she read the note, but for a different reason. The memory of that evening was seared into her mind and she recalled it often. She knew exactly the place he was talking about, but when he invited her to, she sat down next to him. She scooted in close and ducked under his arm so it was around her. Once she was settled, she was able to take in the view. She'd never realized just how much grew up here. They were so fortunate to have the Tree that provided for them in so many ways. Kyrie smiled and turned her attention to the distant view of the rest of the isle. "Wow," she said softly. "It is beautiful up here."

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:29 am
Wolf
He grinned lazily as she tucked himself into his arm. While she was admiring the view, one that he had memorized from working up here for so long, Auric was busy remembering the words he had put on this recent clue. It got him thinking about kissing and how they had only had a quick kiss before starting this little journey today. Auric turned his face towards Kyrie and then kissed her as deeply as she would allow.

When the kiss was finished he offered to pop a blueberry into her mouth before saying, "Now, I'm going to think about kissing you every time I am working," As if he didn't already.

Mene
Kyrie practically melted into him, her cheeks turning pink. She was loving this kind of attention. He made her feel so special. She took the blueberry with a giggle, enjoying how it burst into sweetness in her mouth. "Careful," she said, "When that happens to me I don't get much work done." She was highly experienced in daydreaming on the job.

She sighed happily and leaned her head on his shoulder, enjoying the view (and the cuddling) for a few more moments before the desire to see what was next overtook her. "I'm ready to go if you are," she said. "But only if you promise to kiss me again once we get down there," she added with a cheeky smile, blushing even as she did.

Wolf
Auric laughed, he believed Kyrie. It made him wonder if that was the difference between his more productive coworkers and the less productive ones, but he liked the idea of thinking about her while he worked. Maybe that would help the day go by faster until he could see her again.

"Are you sure?" He teased her, but he was also surprised that she was ready to go all the way down the tree again. "I promise there will be a kiss waiting for you at the bottom." He copied her cheeky smile. He loved that she was so forward, it helped him get out of some of his insecurities.

If they ever made it to the bottom of the tree a basket would be waiting with a new note sitting on top of it. 'Don't open me yet, just hold on tight, I hope you are ready for our first flight'

Mene
"Down seems easier than up," she responded. Still, she was enjoying this moment, so she waited another few minutes before getting up. She tucked her arm into his as they slowly made their way down the tree. What a lovely way to spend their day together, although she did hope they'd be able to sit and enjoy each other's company for a while at their next location. She remembered the view down here was beautiful as well. On the other hand, she wondered where all this was leading to.

Kyrie's imagination fired up, and she imagined a candlelit picnic somewhere, where they'd eat dinner together and feed each other small bites of dessert (this may have been influenced by that blueberry~). No one around except for the two of them, then they could lay back and watch the stars together and murmur sweet words.

Once they finally made it to the bottom of the Tree, Kyrie spotted the basket right away. "Ooh!" she exclaimed, letting go of him to practically skip over to it. She looked at the note on top, and her face flushed bright red. She read it again. She whipped around to look at him. "...Auric?" Her heart was racing.

Wolf
Auric loved watching Kyrie light up as she found each of the pieces to his little game. All leading up to this moment, or at least mostly this moment since there were still a few more pieces to play.

Auric had no idea that Kyrie had been daydreaming about him taking her flying since they met. There was nothing to indicate to him that she might not think it was the most terrifying or strangest thing ever, faun weren't supposed to fly. They were connected to the earth, which flying was not. This was a piece of Auric though, a piece he hoped he could comfortably share with her. "You don't have to if you don't want to... I'll understand."

Mene
Kyrie was literally speechless, gripping the basket tightly. She had been dreaming about this since the moment she had first seen him, and now it was actually happening. She thought she might faint. She realized that she was a little bit terrified as well. But more than that she was thrilled! All she could do was nod emphatically. Then, realizing that that wasn't actually 100% clear, she nodded again and managed a "yes!"

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:31 am
Wolf
Auric was full of suspense as he waited for her answer, and a wave of relief washed over him when she finally said yes. He would probably be less terrified waiting for her answer to the question he was going to ask later. "Alright," he smiled. Hopefully she didn't change her mind because it would be much more difficult to stop once they started.

"Well..." Auric leaned over to pick up the basket and held it out to Kyrie. "Hold on tight..." He repeated from the note. Auric lead her over to the edge of the cliffs that led down to the water below. He felt like she must really trust him. Auric wasn't a full angel so he couldn't really just fly, it would be more like gliding. "Ready?" He gave her one last chance to change her mind before he scooped her up across his arms, spread out his wings and jumped. The wind caught in his feathers and they began a slow, spiraling descent towards the water down below.

A small, wooden fishing boat would slowly become more visible as they got closer to the water.

Mene
Kyrie nodded again, gripping the basket tightly. Her heart fluttered in her chest as he scooped her up into his arms. This would be another moment she'd recall often. She focused on his face and let everything else become blurry. "Ready," she said breathlessly, before they took off and it literally took her breath away. It felt like falling, but in a slow, floating way. Kyrie clung to Auric, holding very still so she wouldn't throw off his balance, which she assumed was a thing. She wondered where he was taking her, and then the boat came into view. Were they going to land in the boat?

At some point she remembered to breathe again, heart still racing from exhilaration. Once they landed, Kyrie hugged him tightly--carefully so as not to tip the boat--breathing heavily and grinning. "That was wonderful!" she gushed. It felt like such a special moment, and she felt so special that he'd share that with her. Not to mention she could've stayed in his arms forever...

Wolf
Auric was hyper aware of her as he 'flew'. He tried to focus on flying, it was a slight adjustment to get used to flying with someone else. He focused on the wind in his hair, and then he focused on having the least complicated landing into the boat that he could with another being in his arms. When they landed his wings shifted as the boat rocked, trying to help keep them steady

He breathed in relief that they were safely on the boat that was tied off on the nearby rocks. He had spotted the boat not long ago, abandoned recently enough that it wasn't completely worn down.

As Kyrie clung tightly to him, he worried that he had terrified her, but those weren't the words that came out of her mouth. "Really? I'm so happy." Auric helped her sit down in the boat and carefully sat down across from her. With the basket between them and two oars on either side of them. If she really liked flying that much he would have to do it more often. It felt really amazing to share that half of him with her. It wasn't something he normally felt comfortable sharing with others, but Kyrie was different.

The basket that sat between them was filled with sandwiches, a corked pitcher of water, cups, and some sliced vegetables. Oh, and the final note: 'Thank you for letting me show you all of me there is to see. I just have one last question to ask of thee... Will you be my girlfriend?" And hopefully the answer was yes or it was going to be a long, awkward boat ride back to land.

Mene
Kyrie was still full of fuzzy feelings from flying as she knelt in the bottom of the boat. She opened the basket and read the note, and her eyes lit up and her cheeks turned pink. "Oh, Auric," she breathed, putting her hand on one cheek. "How could I say no?" Slowly, so as not to tip the boat, she leaned up to give him what turned out to be quite a long kiss.

Afterward, she sighed happily and settled back down. "I wish I could bottle this feeling," she said dreamily.

Wolf
Auric smiled sheepishly in response, "I tried to make it hard for you to say no," he teased. He melted into her kiss, and when at last they pulled apart he said, "That was a yes, right?" He took a breath and then grabbed both of the oars. He paddled slowly, in a relaxed state, there was no need to rush off anywhere now. Auric was relieved that all of this went as well as he could have hoped, he wasn't sure how well he had planned things when they had to go all the way up the tree just to go back down. Kyrie seemed genuinely happy though, which had been his goal more than some formal title.

Mene
"That's a yes," agreed Kyrie. For her part, she relaxed back as well, admiring the ~view~.

"No more surprises?" She inquired. "Just a romantic boat ride now?" She imagined a marine bird landing with another note and giggled to herself.

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Menelie

Toothsome Fairy

14,725 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2022 9:32 am
Wolf
Auric shook his head to say 'no'. "Nope, that's it. I have used up all my creative ideas. If another note comes I will have to worry about the other faun who is trying to woo you." He joked. As fun as it was to create the game and watch her excitement as they played, Auric thoroughly was enjoying just sitting in the quiet boat with Kyrie and have no where else he needed to be.

Mene
Kyrie giggled and lounged back as much as the boat would allow. She watched him lovingly. She hoped he hadn't used all his creative ideas. She had a couple for when they got back.

"I....really loved everything you planned for today," she said softly.

Wolf
"Yeah? I was really hoping you would." He started, "I was hoping it would be kind of like an adventure from some of the stories you like. Though... I haven't really read them... So I have no idea how close I got." Man, Kyrie's freckles seemed to almost glow when out on the water with the open sky above them. Auric enjoyed seeing her across from him in this light. Although he wished he was sitting next to her.

Mene
From one of her stories? Well that got her imagination going for sure. After a few moments, she smiled slowly. "It was even better," she responded, then slowly and carefully moved closer to him. There wasn't really enough space for her to sit next to him, especially since he was rowing and she'd be in the way, so she gave him a sweet kiss and then sat in the bottom of the boat in front of him, resting her head on his leg. She sighed happily. After another few moments, she queried: "Let me know if you want one of these sandwiches," she said, eyeing the basket. Maybe it'd be her turn to feed him, since he was working those oars.

Wolf
Even better? Auric sat there in the boat proudly, it wasn't a feeling he was really used to. Although the Valkyrie was very aware that he had made his own standards for the future unreasonably high, how would he ever top this?

In between his moment of pride and the monotonous boat rowing he didn't quite notice that Kyrie was moving closer until he felt her on his leg and looked down to see her. He smiled lightly and then nodded his head to her mention of sandwiches. "Sure, that sounds good," he pulled the oars back in so he could take a break from paddling and eat. "I hope you like boat rides, we will be here for a bit."

Mene
"It's very romantic," she said, reaching for the basket. She pulled out a sandwich and offered it to him, then nibbled on one herself. She was curious what his plan was for getting them home, but she trusted that he'd thought it through, like the rest of this day. She looked around at the water. It was beautiful and serene and private. No one as far as the eye could see. Kyrie began to get a couple creative ideas of her own.

Wolf
Auric began to eat his sandwich, thinking about Kyrie's words about being able to bottle up this feeling. Everything about this moment just felt right. He loved these peaceful, quiet moments with Kyrie.

After the sandwiches were finished Auric continued to row. It would be a long journey home as the boat slowly rocked along in the water. Sometimes the boat rocked more than others, but without another soul out above the water, whether or not that was the shifting current or something else, only Auric and Kyrie would know.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games