[PRP] It's Not Gossip, It's Research [FINISHED]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Menelie
After his incredibly enlightening conversation with Valko, and bolstered by the idea that light pae and harpies could live and love together, Izotz had done as much research as he could. Anything anyone had written down, illustrated, or said about harpies in the City, he'd found it and pored over it. He also made regular trips to the island to train. He made great strides in his hunting ability, and could now bag rabbits with relative ease. He also learned more about how to navigate forests and jungles, surviving ever-longer trips outside of civilization. His skills were still definitely amateur, but hopefully they'd be enough that, should he meet the bird of his dreams, he wouldn't be a complete embarrassment.

It was during this time that he'd learned that the vineyard village, Koehaira, was also home to a number of harpies, both living inside of and on the outskirts of the town. He learned that the village actively recruited harpies to help work the field, and that they also contributed by hunting. But it didn't seem to be a family group like Valko's; instead it was perhaps a looser collection of both related and unrelated harpies. Fascinated, he set his sights on Koehaira. At least this time he could stay at the inn and make day trips out instead of camping.

The day of his arrival, he came into the inn just before dinner. It appeared to also be a pub, with the inn above. "Hello?" he called, looking around.

Daisicle
Eniko was out and about, planning on getting out of her duties relatively soon once Abeta got in to switch with her, and finishing polishing up the wooden surfaces of the downstairs pub when she heard the distinct sound of the door opening. "Oh, hey there Hun!" She smiled, but honestly it'd be a massive pain if they were here for dinner so early... But she could probably hold them over by getting them drunk.

She didn't recognize this one though - a blue demon boy? He was actually pretty cute. "You not from around here, are you Hun? What brings you in?"

Menelie
Izotz smiled nervously and gave an awkward wave. "H-hello. Um, I'm from out of town. The City? I was, um, hoping to stay for a few days. Is-is there a room available?" He pointed up toward the inn. "Also possibly dinner, after I get settled. If that's alright," he added hurriedly. He winced internally. He was just hopeless at talking to women.

Daisicle
Eniko raised a brow. "Oho, the City? Must have been quite a trip." She looked him up and down. "Well ain't you packed light for a City pae." She walked back from where she was cleaning to behind the bar, where she pulled open a drawer with a rattling of metal. "But yeah, we got some rooms open. Second floor is for guests, you'll find the stairs outside - just hook two rights from the door you just came in from." She motioned along with her talking to explain.

"You got any preferences on the room Hun?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:20 pm
Menelie
Izotz nodded along to her instructions. "The trip wasn't too bad. That is, I mean, it wasn't too long. Koehaia is closer than other villages so it was a short flight. Shorter than others." He winced visibly and pinched the bridge of his nose. "N-no preference on the room, thank you," he finished before he said something else stupid.

Daisicle
Uh huh... Well wasn't this an awkward little thing... But those could still be rather fun to play with - let her be in charge. Maybe she could loosen him up if he came down to drinks and she could take him home with her.

She picked up a key with a leather attachment with the room number etched into it. "Well, you just go find this one up there Hun, and let me know if ya need anything."

Menelie
"Y-yes, ma'am, I will. Thank you." He turned to leave, then turned back. "What time do you begin serving dinner?" He asked, then, as usual, amended. "Not like, you you of course, I don't mean to imply...I mean the pub." He fussed nervously with the key.

Daisicle
Eniko crossed her arms on the bar stand and leaned forward just slightly with a pleasant smile. "Give it a couple of hours - trust me Hun, being on the second floor, you'll know when it's time." She paused for a bit to mess with a bit of hair with her fingers. "Bar's always open though."

Menelie
Izotz flushed and nodded and hurried off.

He found his room without too much trouble and got settled in. The lodging was rustic for sure, but at least it was indoors.

And now what? Still a long way off from dinner. The lady downstairs had said the bar was open. Perhaps he would sample some of the wine Koehaira was so known for.

Izotz took a few moments to rest from his flight, about a half hour, then made his way back downstairs. He entered the pub again and looked around.

Daisicle
And back to cleaning.

Some time later, Eniko found herself polishing glasses behind the counter in an otherwise empty pub. Guardians, this time of the day was. so. boring. She sighed to herself.

And then Mr. Cute New Guy came on it, and she perked right on up. She raised a hand and waved him over once she was able to make eye contact. "Welcome back Hun. I take it you're interested in something?"

Menelie
Izotz nodded. "I, er, you said the bar was open...? I don't want to be a bother, of course, um, but I was wondering about the wine. Trying it, that is. I, er, haven't had the chance." His cheeks were pink, as usual when he tried to talk to women. He just got all mixed up.

Daisicle
Eniko laughed lightly and waved a hand in front of her. "Don't sweat the small stuff Hun - you're gonna make anxious just talking with you." She lowered her hand and nodded. "We got some wines over here, but don't expect me to be able to lead you through the nuances or anything."

"Red or white?"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:22 pm
Menelie
Izotz laughed nervously. "I, uh, apologize. I can't help it. I sweat the big stuff and the small stuff equally." Guardians, Izotz, shut up! He took a seat where he thought would be appropriate. His knowledge of wine was limited, but he knew red was the bolder choice. Well, he was here on a bold mission, so perhaps it would help. "Um, red, please," he said, fiddling with his own fingers for lack of something else to fidget with.

Daisicle
Funny thing, this guy. Hopefully the wine would loosen him up - if it even worked for Masozi, it surely would work for just about any stick-in-the-mud or ball-of-palpable-anxiety.

Eniko nodded and gave a slight whistle. "One glass of red, coming right up." She might have taken her time to turn and bent over to get the bottle in an expressly suggestive way, her tail -just- covering the juicy bits, as she found a sweeter red opened the night prior and uncorked it, then poured it into a glass, and brought it back out.

She placed it on the counter and pushed it from the base forward with a smile. "One glass of red - enjoy Hun, and let me know if I can get you anything else."

Menelie
Izotz watched where she reached, curious, and was rewarded with quite the view. Oh Guardians, he thought, blushing hot red and looking away abruptly.

"Th-thanks," he said shakily, even more unable to meet her eye. He gratefully turned his attention to the glass before him. The wine was a beautiful, rich color, and Izotz marveled at how it didn't appear to be viscous, but somehow still clung to the glass. He tried a sip and his expression changed from misery to delight. He hadn't known what to expect, but this was lovely. "Wow," he said appreciatively. "Do they all taste like that?" he asked curiously. It seemed, at least for the moment, that curiosity had overtaken nervousness.

Daisicle
Eniko might have smirked to herself at Izotz's reaction - of course she noticed his lack of eye contact and flushed features. That'd been the point, and it looked like it'd worked. Good. Now she knew she wouldn't be wasting her time some someone more to Cosme's energy.

"Hmm...?" Looked like it was already working - must be a lightweight. Lucky for her antics, less lucky for their profits. "Actually, they vary quite a bit. I got you a sweeter one since that seems to go over well with first-timers." That and it was already opened

Menelie
Izotz' temporary confidence melted away once he'd met her eye again. "F-fascinating," he stammered. He took another sip, bigger this time, and enjoyed the warming sensation as he swallowed. He contemplated the glass again, swirling it around. You know, he thought, it almost looked like....nope, nope, not gonna think about it. He pushed the thought of pale feathers, stained red, from his mind. Only thing for it was to focus on being awkward with the lady in front of him, instead of ruminating on having been awkward with a lady of the past. He grimaced and took a deep drink.

Izotz took a few deep breaths to calm himself. And, oddly, he did feel more calm. "D-d'you get many tourists?" he asked.

Daisicle
Eniko was a bit curious about the way his facial expressions quickly changed as he seemed to go through some thoughts, but she held back on asking. They didn't seem particularly pleasant.

"Tourists...? Hmm... Not really. It's mostly merchants or travelers en route to Partayzia or Las Venus." She paused at that before pressing. "Oh, were we actually your destination Hun? How rare!" She clapped her hands together once. "Consider that glass on me then - a token of friendship."

Menelie
Friendship? What a concept! Izotz flushed pink (again) and nodded his thanks. "Y-yes, I'm, um, hoping to do some....research?" That was a dumb way to put it but it wasn't exactly untrue. He took another sip of wine, then, noticing his glass was nearly empty, another sip to finish it off. "Um, yes, and also to visit the village. It's a-actually quite close to the City, if you think about it, but I've never been here before. I'm c-curious about the vineyards and how one things gets to be the other. Grapes into wine. Right." A pause. "Could I trouble you for another glass?"

Daisicle
Oh honey, this sweet baby was easier to play with than... stop that analogy. She tilted her head slightly. "Is it? I've seen the thing float on by on occasion, so I suppose... but I'm not exactly welcome there on account of..." she gestured to her whole self, "...this."

She then smirked and placed a hand on her hip. "Now Hun, I can't claim to be an expert on the subject, but I guess I know a lil' somethin' somethin'." as she spoke she brought his glass back towards her, refilled it, and returned it back to him. "It's pretty simple really - grow some grapes, harvest them, make grape juice, put it in buckets, pray to the Goddess, and many seasons later you'll have what you got in that there glass of yours."

"Pretty nifty, huh?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:24 pm
Menelie
Izotz followed her hand as she gestured, then blushed and stared intensely at his glass while she refilled it. "That's not--I mean--I don't..." He pinched the bridge of his nose and took a deep breath. "I'm, uh, not as straight-laced as most City pae." He was no stranger to the attitudes of the City toward anyone different...which was a big reason he had been so discreet about his "research".

He listened to her explanation while sipping the wine, nodding along. It made sense, but he was still interested in visiting the vineyard. "Nifty," he agreed.

Daisicle
"Oho? Was that directed at me? Even if it wasn't, I'll take the compliment Hun." Eniko smirked as she teased the lad. "Now that I'm grown, I'm just the same as you light pae where it matters anyways." She'd leave the interpretation to that to him.

She crossed her arms and followed up, "If ya want a more thorough explanation, you could try askin Masozi or Cora... but it's -kind- of a village secret, so don't be so put down if they tell you no."

Menelie
Izotz coughed gently and turned bright red. "I didn't mean--I mean, you're very attractive--I didn't mean anything untoward--" He stammered. Oh Guardians. He took another deep drink. Thoughts of the vineyard were completely forgotten.

Desperate to change the subject, he spoke up again. "I'm hoping to lean more about the harpies that live in the area," he said cautiously. "D'you have any ideas where I might start?"

Daisicle
Eniko feigned embarrassment as she brought her hand to her cheek, "Why, keep hitting on me like that and you might have to take some responsibility for it Hun."

"Harpies? What are those?" She wasn't familiar with that terminology - was it a wild animal of some sorts? "You'd probably find them in the nearby forest I reckon."

Menelie
A look of confusion flashed across Izotz' face as he took another sip of wine. He was beginning to feel a bit warm. "Harpies--bird pae?" he clarified. "Talons, lots of feathers, fierce and terrifyingly beautiful?" Perhaps he'd gotten incorrect information about their being located here. Although she might still be right about them being in the forest. He seemed unaware he had overplayed his hand there.

Daisicle
A lightbulb went off in Eniko's head as she nodded. "Oooh, the birdlike ones. Yes, I know them - are they called harpies then? Ya learn something new each day." A smirk. "Still though, 'terrifyingly beautiful'? Ya really are an open book Hun," she teased. "Then yes, some live in the village proper, there's a small one nesting in the fields... for some reason... but most are closer or farther in the forest."

"What, ya gonna go spy on them?"

Menelie
"What? No!" Izotz looked offended. "I'm not creepy, just awkward." Another sip of wine. "I just want to talk to them. I'm fascinated by them, everything about them, but there's nothing to read or anything. There's scrolls upon scrolls about Fae, and even the fauns and naiads you can read about. But for harpies? Nothing." He sighed somewhat dreamily and fiddled with the stem of his glass. "They're a...delicious mystery."

Daisicle
Eniko picked up the bottle and leaned forward juuuuuust so to top off his glass. "A 'delicious mystery' are they... And you say you're not creepy, Mr. Awkward." Needle needle.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:25 pm
Menelie
Izotz straightened up and gave her a very offended look. "Excuse me, for your in-for-ma-tion, I'm not gonna be creepy about it. I'm gonna court them like a normal person." A pause. "I just...don't know how yet."

Daisicle
"Normal folk don't say they're gonna 'court' others, especially not wild birds." She went and pulled up a drier bottle from down below and poured herself a glass - this was rather fun. After a swish and a sniff, she took a slow sip. "What part don't you know about Hun?"

Menelie
Izotz held up one finger on each hand. "Not birds--bird pae." Even if they were wild. "And I don't know anything. I mean, look at me, I'm terrible with women." He shook his head and sipped his drink. "I want to get to know her! Bring her gifts! Romance her properly!" He sank down, leaning on the bar. "But I don't even know who she is, or where she's at, or how to meet her, or how to do any of the stuff I just said."

He pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm so stupid, why did I think this would work?"

Daisicle
"What, are you gonna bring them a rabbit or something?" Another sip of her drink as she leisurely leaned against the counter. "Can't you just, I dunno, walk into the forest until you find one and go from there? I don't see how it's all so different from meeting a normal girl."

Menelie
Izotz coughed into his drink, spluttering for a moment before he regained his composure. "Is that how pae meet each other?" he asked. He'd never had any luck in the City, despite it being full of beautiful girls. "And even if that does work, how do I know she's the right one?"

Daisicle
"I presume as much." Eniko shrugged and had another sip. "And you won't, at least, not til quite a bit later. Stuff like love at first sight is for romantics."

Menelie
Izotz was about to protest that he was a romantic but instead sighed and sipped at his drink. Was he a romantic? He certainly had no experience with romance. But he certainly thought about it a lot. "I wish this wasn't so hard," he said finally. "Like, wouldn't it be easier if you could just like, go up to someone and feel like a spark and just know?"

Daisicle
Eniko laughed. "Maybe, but then you'd also have too many of you lot complaining at my bar when it's not happening." Sip, sip. "Though, it might not be a romance thing, but we got a couple gals who'll zap you up quite quick. Just like bzzzzzzt."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:29 pm
Menelie
Her joke earned a real laugh from Izotz, and maybe the first genuine smile. "A fair point," he conceded. Sip, sip. Then: "Oh? Sounds electrifying," he joked, then giggled at his own silliness. Though, if he were honest, the idea intrigued him.

Daisicle
"Truly it is... I once spooked one as a teenager while exploring the forest and, let me tell you Hun, I learned my lesson right quick." She laughed at the memory. "Seems the wine finally loosened you up Mr. Awkward - care for another glass?"

Menelie
"Must have given you quite a shock," said Izotz, who almost--but not quite--kept a straight face for the delivery. Still, though, that idea had planted itself in his mind, and he flushed pink again, though it might seem to her to be because of her second question. He regarded his near-empty glass, then pushed it forward with a nod. "Yes, ma'am. I'm, er, enjoying being loosened up."

Daisicle
He clearly was proud of that one, but she could play along.

"Oh Hun, I can help you with that in more ways than I bet you can think of if you want me to." She smirked coyly before leaning forward to tip what was left of the sweet red into his glass - it may have been a bit higher than a typical pour - and gave him a wink before setting it back below the counter.

Menelie
Izotz narrowed his eyes slightly at her while sipping the wine, trying to figure out what she meant. Wait, was she coming onto him? His eyes got wide and he coughed again--why did she always do that while he was drinking?--, then set the glass down and blinked a few times. "Are you....?" he asked hesitantly, clearly thrown for a loop. She was incredibly beautiful, especially the way her hips moved when she walked. And, despite himself, he was very curious about that tail....his own tail flicked thinking about it.

Daisicle
"... beautiful? Why yes I am, how darling of you to agree." Eniko finished his leading sentence with one of her own before finishing her glass and moving to wash it, as well as to store the remainder of the bottle she'd opened.

Menelie
Ah, of course. She was flirting, that much was clear enough, but obviously she wasn't intending anything more. She was, after all, working. "Very true," he said with a little tip of his glass.

Some sounds came from behind the bar. "Hey Eniko, I'm here to spring you loose!" called another female voice. She came up to the front and regarded Izotz with her arms folded across her chest and expression that clearly read "yikes".

Daisicle
Eniko turned to give a wave and a "Yo, sup Sug - that time already?" Nice timing. Good save! "I was -just- tryin to figure out how I was gonna show this one to his room. Your timing is just perfect as always!" She gave Abeta a high five as she passed off the counter to her and moved to the other side.

"Now ain't that right, Hun? Oh, you can bring your glass - basically the only perk of staying here."

Menelie
Abeta never understood Eniko's propensity to screw bar patrons, but then, she wasn't into men, so who knew. She raised her eyebrows with a little smirk. "Glad I can be of service," she said wryly. She was just glad she wasn't going to have to sweep this lightweight out at closing time.

Izotz' facial expression twitched a bit as he drunkenly put some things together. Then the light bulb went off and he about fell out of the stool. "Right behind you!" he exclaimed, standing hurriedly, grabbing his glass, and following that bewitching rear of hers.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces