[PRP] Harpies On The Heart [FINISHED]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:51 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Menelie
After spending a day or so "recovering" from his first night in Koehaira, Izotz was back to his original goal. After having a glass of wine for the nerves, he set out into the forest that bordered the village. It was less foreboding, somehow, than the jungle he'd encountered his first harpy on, possibly owing to the proximity to the village.

He felt a bit silly, just wandering around in the woods like this, but it was really the best plan he had, for now, and at least he was much better prepared than he had been the last time. He had his hunting knife on him, and he at least had a basic idea of how to navigate so he wouldn't get lost. He kept an eye out for any signs of large creatures (harpies or otherwise). He made his way respectfully and softly through the forest, though he did make himself conspicuous enough that he hopefully wouldn't catch anyone unawares.

Daisicle
Far enough into the forest, but far from deep into it, a female harpy of a brilliant plumage was busying herself with preening her feathers cleaned and braiding her long hair into a more manageable... well... braid, as it were. While she may have looked otherwise occupied, her senses were keenly paying attention to her environment in case something - prey or predator - should venture too close.

She never quite got over having been snuck up on once.

Menelie
The color blue and some movement caught Izotz' attention. Oho? He made his way closer until he could see a stunning blue harpy. Oh Guardians...

"P-pardon me, ma'am," he started. "I don't mean to bother you, a-and I don't want to startle you, but I was passing through and couldn't help but notice you. You're very striking, i-if it's not too forward of me."

He found himself sweating. His last first encounter had been terrifying. But Valko had said they could be nice. Which would this one be? His heart raced.

Daisicle
Peregrine turned and aggressively puffed up her plumage (i.e. her wings) as she sensed someone - or something - nearby. Her eyes darted around, and the air seemed to grow thick, almost bristly, with static. Upon noticing Itotz, she locked eyes and her hair seemed to rise from the static as small bits of electricity cackled around her.

It was honestly probably quite beautiful in the way it complimented her features while contrasting the shadowed forest undergrowth.

"Startled. Startled?" She visibly scoffed. "I am not startled. I do not get startled. I am proud Hunter of this territory."

"You? You." The air crackled. "Why do you come to my territory?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:53 pm
Menelie
Wow did he suck at opening. Though he was awestruck by the crackling electricity, and just wanted to watch it forever, he managed a punt:

"I-I was hoping to meet you, actually." He coughed a little. "I couldn't be sure at first, from a distance, but now I am certain. Fierce h-hunter of this territory, sparkling with electric energy." Oh Guardians, what was he doing?

"I confess: I am an admirer."

Daisicle
Peregrine stared at him fiercely, glaring, the air thick. And then in an instant, it seemed to dissipate as she blinked and just let out a, "Huuuuuuh?" so full of a mixture of awe, confusion, and disbelief you wouldn't believe it as she visibly de-poofed.

Menelie
Well, that had....certainly been a reaction. She wasn't electrocuting him, so that was positive, supposed Izotz. Perhaps the flattering truth had worked. He nodded and continued, still practically trembling.

"I, um, my name is Izotz. A-and even though I'm just...terrible with ladies, I feel compelled to say I-I think you're absolutely stunning. I heard about your unique magic from someone in town, a-and I'd like to get to know you, if you'll allow." He folded his hands in front of him, trying to create a submissive, non-threatening stance.

Daisicle
Who was this male talking very many big words very quickly - too quickly! She was a bird of the forest with a not-so-extensive vocabulary to go along with it. Peregrine found herself just as quickly growing frazzled and frustrated, and the static somewhat returned.

She was -this- close to just zapping the guy to get him to shut up and go away...

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:53 pm
Menelie
Oh no. Izotz paused and backed up a step. Something was wrong. Had he offended her? He put up his hands, palms-out.

"I apologize if I've said something to offend you," he said carefully. Guardians, she was a sight to behold, crackling with electricity like that. He wished he could communicate better how he felt without being weird.

Daisicle
Peregrine pouted, clicked her tongue, and assuming an imposing stance as she repeated herself from earlier... with a slight tweak.

"You. Why do you come to my territory?" A pause as she seemed to debate for a moment. "With words I know. Not big Village words." Another pause, frustration and embarrassment just a bit visible on her features. "And slow. Village Pae. They speak so fast."

Menelie
Izotz' eyebrows shot up. "Oh!" He recalled Valko's manner of speaking and nodded. "Slowly, yes," he said. He wiped his brow, amazing he was getting a chance to basically start over. "Looking for harpies," he said, then, recalling that Eniko hadn't know that word, he made sort of an erasing gesture and shook his head. "I'm looking for bird pae," he amended. He felt very silly speaking this way, and hoped she wouldn't think he was being condescending. "I want to be friends."

Daisicle
Izotz was right - Peregrine wasn't aware that she was called a harpy. She had minimal contact with village residents as she grew up, and generally tended to be weary of them. That held true for this encounter.

She raised a brow at his statement and question, responding to both with a simple, "Why?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:55 pm
Menelie
Izotz blushed and chuckled and ran a hand through his hair. So many reasons! How to explain this simply? "You're pretty," he said, putting one hand to his cheek. "And...I am curious--I want to....know more about you." As he spoke he watched her facial expressions for any sign he might be treading either toward too complicated or too simple.

Daisicle
Peregrine raised a second eyebrow at the follow up, the furrowed them back down, evidently more confused than flattered. This was the first time any from the village actually approached her - first that any other than her brother had since reaching adulthood. And since he'd grown 'popular' with the other females of their kind since growing ... well ... she didn't see him as often these days either.

"Why?"

Menelie
Izotz wasn't sure how far he could take this line of questioning, but he would do his best as long as she would let him. He scratched the back of his neck. What did spark his interest in her kind?

"I live in a...big village. Lots of pae. Everyone is...the same? I want something different. Something...exciting." He watched her reaction, then continued. "Bird pae--you are exciting!"

Boy was it a challenge to communicate accurately like this! But he supposed it kept him from overthinking. Maybe that was a good thing.

Daisicle
"You are very strange..." such were Peregrine's profound words - exciting? Huh? How? Nothing was exciting. Different, yes, that made sense. But exciting?

Menelie
Izotz chuckled and made a "yeah" sort of shrug. "You're right," he said with an acquiescing nod. It was true; he was very strange. By everyone's standards, it seemed like. But, he could only be the way that he was. After a short bit of silence, he inquired: "How can I be interesting to you?" he asked.

Daisicle
Peregrine tilted her head lightly. "You are strange. And you are interesting... Because you are strange. Like a new forest creature." Was that a compliment or an insult?

Her stomach rumbled softly, signaling that it was time to hunt this morning. Rather than be embarrassed, however, she glanced into the forest.

"I am going now. Goodbye... Izotz, was it? Goodbye." And just as abruptly as this had begun, she extended her wings and took off further into the forest, leaving him behind.

Daisicle

Aged Genius

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces