18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:11 pm
User Image
User Image

Quote:
~Welcome to The Chronicles of an Elder's journey. Herein lies tales of a higher calling leading Celendria on an unforgettable journey within her Mountain home where she was born ~

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:13 pm
The campsite faded away as the overgrown trees began filling inward. Heavy steps echoed from Celendria as her hooves imprinted in the earth and moved onward within her thoughts. Amadahy walked calmly by her side as her nose traveled upward, scenting out prey or predators. For an hour, the icy-hued elder walked in a dream, a haze of her endless queries. She hadn't blamed herself for past events, yet her heart felt heavy. The mountains called for her even when her sleep was calm. Whatever lay in waiting was the answer to everything and anything. On the downside, it could be death finally calling or something with a more sinister tone. Where she was heading was resolution and clarity.

The air was still full of incoming summer, leaving her to shiver from the thought of leaving Cerylia in her place. Once again, she smiled; her daughter was grown with her mother's willpower and drive to succeed. The campsite would be safe in her vigil and assistance from the herd. She paused, looking upward toward the dangerous trail she walked as a filly. It was a little memory in view, but she knew her path from foal hood.

"Amadahy," she began. Her companion looked toward her, ears perking toward her name.

"Thank you for following me on the journey. It's a comforting thought knowing you understand me, even if our language is different.".

The smaller wolf whimpered with a sneeze. Her language was that of the feral wolf, but she was sentient. Soquili was easy to translate once clarity was understood. Amadahy knew instantly that day she met Celendria; she was to follow. Even mothering her pups brought her closer to the elder. Each had witnessed many things within their companionship. Laughter, fear, anger, and sadness lead strongly to their friendship.

Ears swived, listening as the dusk began settling in. Both would need to seek shelter soon away from the elements and predators. Sniffing the air, she started a search. Amadahy followed behind her, setting out, seeking the same. It wasn't that the elder couldn't handle herself; instead, she wasn't looking for trouble. Celendria wished this journey a peaceful one as she selected this path. Amadahy still inspected the air seeking clarity as they entered the woods thick from outsiders. The pines still held quite a serenity as they found themselves traveling into an open yet concealed area. Ears perking, Celendria sensed something of interest further off toward the right. As they followed her intuition, Amadahy scented Celendria's curiosity.
Further back, now traveling within the secluded pines, they exited to something that made both of them pause in awe. Celendria had never crossed this deep, so her senses were all over the place. Before them both, there lay an alter created by the unknown, a secret sanctum untouched by even the Kawani tribe. The alter was massive, but the waterfall within the mountain she had reached was breathtaking, with a pool of crystal clear water. Something radiated deep within Celendria as if this was the resting place that would continue her journey. Before Celendria would partake of this gift, her senses drew her to the second opening that reached out toward a dense nest of brambles. The way off seemed impenetrable, yet, somehow, Celendria knew this was the way they must proceed. For a moment, she paused, possibly hearing something, then moved toward the pool of water. Craning her neck downward, she drank in this water that tasted refreshing and cool. As the water slid downward, she felt a vibration among herself deep within.

The Elder's Path.

Gazing down at Amadahy, she smiled, "We will rest here, little one."

WC: 608  

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:29 pm
As the night wove its slumber song, the elder dreamed she was flying. Wings spread, accepting the air as it rushed through her mane. She called out in glee despite being an elder mare. She once again was a filly traveling the dreams of her youth, remembering the clouds as they swayed past her, endlessly leaving trails of wind behind. It was terrific being here once more, being free. As her flight resumed, she saw visions of her family as if life was passing by her. Her children, friends, acquaintances, and even her loved ones just faded past her. As she looked down, she saw water, like a waterfall. Pure, crystalline parting as her hooves skimmed through. It was so cold, refreshing, invigorating, and altogether a wonderment. She called out again, climbing higher now, her teal eyes searching the path that seemed endless.

Then she saw the light, dim at first but growing so large it was as if she was nearing the sun.

Celendria pulled herself, forcing her legs to propel her toward the light. Her senses were a blur for a moment as she crashed into that light, wings splaying and disappearing the closer the light was pulling her. Calling out, she thrashed, still feeling that unmistakable pull into that brilliant spectrum now appearing. Her wings were gone, yet she was traveling faster, now descending to that water. As Celendria gazed downward, she saw herself, not a foal but the elder she had become. Closing those teal orbs, the elder shed a tear. Pulsating faster, she crashed into the water, her breath frigid cold. As she sank downward in the water, speed slowed till she was floating, immobilized from escaping.

"Is this death"? She questioned with more tears, "No, I have to return to Cerylia. I promised her".

Forcing against this pulled sensation, she traveled upward, pulling herself out of the water. Her mane settled along with her tail with a shake of her head. Snorting, she gazed around her; the clouds dissipated. Now, she saw another light to her right, more dim this time. Exhaling, she began walking, her hooves sinking into the ground. As Celendria stepped through to the other side, she was standing within a vast snow-covered field. Looking around her, she noticed it was "home." Had she made it to the mountain already?

Ears perking, she heard laughter in the distance,

Approaching the sound, she saw three fillies and a colt. Two were twins, as the other seemed much smaller in comparison. Blinking, the elder recognized the children almost immediately. Celendria thought they saw her for a moment, but they just kept galloping after one another. One, being the colt, ran through the elder as if she was a ghost. Celendria gasped as she lifted one leg upward in surprise. Soon, the older filly chased, and the younger phased right through the elder.

The eldest filly turned, looking directly at Celendria, then tore off after the other two.

The elder tilted her head as the foals disappeared into the horizon; only a winter chill remained. "Wait!" she wanted to call out but knew this was a memory possibly.

"They can't hear you," a voice responded as the surroundings grew dark, save for a light approaching her.

Celendria turned to face a bright light shining like freshly fallen snow. As the apparition grew closer, Celendria could make out a mare approaching. There was no hesitation as the iced elder realized who stood before her; as if time reverted immediately, she knew,

Mother.

Celendria cried openly in happiness, "I've come home, Mother."

The apparition dimmed till an iced blueish-white mare stood next to her, "My Celendria. My, how you've grown," the other mare spoke.

"I think..." Celendria paused, "I may have died. I broke my promise to Cerylia, all of them".

"No child," Isolda spoke, her voice wayward yet soft, "You haven't. The alter is preparing you for your journey".

"Alter?" Celendria replied with a tilt of the head.

"Yes. You've finally reached the altar where you were to arrive". Motioning for Celendria, a hole seemingly appeared in the darkness revealing Celendria and Amadahy resting peacefully. "You are safe at the alter, my child. It is how I can communicate with you."

Celendria gazed outward, seeing herself in slumber. Amadahy curled tightly against her, ear flicking peacefully. : This is a dream, isn't it. You, you died that day when Celendrium couldn't face the truth".

"Your father chose his path when he traveled into the darkness with Lycoia. I only wish my children things would have been different. That Frost would have been honest, I'd be here with you all today". The other mare began shedding tears, "I've seen you from afar, Celendrium and Avalon. I've seen your children and your journey".

"Mother ... I," Celendria sighed.

"No child," the other spoke, "Fate runs her course, as will you."

"But, Mother," Celendria pleaded.

"No, Celendria. You are settling on your path to finding yourself. Focus only on your way. Never stray into the darkness" She paused, looking saddened. "I must go now. Fear not in this journey. the light will always lead the way."

"Mother...Please don't go...I have so many questions".

"All in due time, my sweet Celendria. All in due time". Smiling, Isolda nodded her head as she began disappearing. Before she vanished, Isolda spoke only once, "Wake up, Celendria. She's waiting for you."

Celendria cried, seeing her Mother fade away. She wanted to reach outward, desiring the warmth of her Mother gone from the world. She felt the warmth fading again, yet she felt safe. Opening her eyes, Celendria looked upward, the stars still winking downward. Pulling Amadahy closer, she closed her eyes into pure darkness, like her Mother's womb. Once again, the elder faded off to slumber, devoid of dreams. Just a soothing nothingness mingled with the ever-constant falls in the background.

WC: 973  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:23 pm
Celendria opened her eyes, Amadahy licking her face. Se yawned, wondering what her dream meant as she stretched, pulling herself to her feet. With a brisk shake of withers to tail, she felt more refreshed. Celendria moved toward the pool, feeling the water slide down her throat. She sighed and then looked around the alter. Amadahy, "Is someone else here?"

Amadahy tilted her head with a whimper, No? she seemed to say.

Celendria shook her head. Her mother said someone was waiting in the dream. Who? Who was waiting? These questions were a direct query Celendria was trying to figure out. "But you said someone was waiting," Celendria murmured to no one in particular.

From behind her, a Kirin entered the alter, her eyes gleaming like embers in winter, "Who said someone was waiting"?

Celendria's head whipped quickly, "It was you she mentioned?"

The other laughed, "She? I'm just here because I am summoned to meet a mare here".

Celendria looked puzzled, "Mother... she said"

The other mare, wise in her years, laughed, eyes lighting like blazing fire, "To see you an elder is quite surprising. I never knew Isolda's eldest filly would accept the path".

"Isolda's eldest? Wait, are you...? Celendria blinked.

"I am known as the Winter Solstice to many. My real name is Lady Arendelle," the other introduced herself, nodding her head.

Celendria felt humbled finally meeting her aunt for the first time. She was but a fairytale to most, yet here she was in person.

"Now that you know who I am, I will be your guide in your journey," her aunt spoke nobly.

Celendria frowned, "The briars are blocking the path."

"Are they?" the other spoke with a smile, "Go one, enter. Don't fear the beyond."

Celendria nodded, motioning her head toward the darkness and brambles. Closing her eyes, she began walking through, the brambles disappearing. As she looked back, Celendria saw Lady Arendelle.

The other spoke, "I'll meet you where the rocks form into the Soquili. Trust yourself and never lose hope". Then like a phantom, she was gone.

Celendria paused, looking downward at Anadahy, "Don't look back," she spoke with her head high. Then she stepped through the briars into the unknown. Her thoughts were a buzz with questions, but she would push on. She would see her mother again; deep in her heart, she knew. Far as Lady Arendelle, she would meet her at Soquili Rock.

Things seemed unreal, but Celendria knew this was the path and the way she must follow.

WC: 420  

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers